Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures SE

46 minutes ago, FireSplitter said:

So both work on SE? I saw the SE compatibility set to No and I have conflicting information. :) 

the SE/AE version of mnc has a LE dll in it and it's not needed for SE's sexlab.

if you want to port the newer LE version of mnc you just need to remove it i before running Cathedral Assets Optimizer

creature framework should just work in both game versions without porting. (also i'm already working on the next CF update)

Edited by MadMansGun

ACreatures[CreatureI] gets referenced a lot. Assigning it to a variable simplifies the code, provides a marginal performance improvement, and makes it a little more readable. 

I have no freaking idea what GDAName stands for. GDA is clearly initials of a longer phrase I didn't want to spell out but I don't know what it was.

Papyrus is multithreaded, using a somewhat half-assed threading system. Each thread is a process that runs independently and in parallel. Instead of having threads truly interrupt each other, every time there's a call out of a thread the system puts the call on a queue, gives every other thread on the queue a chance to run, then comes back and completes your call. So as long as your script doesn't call out, it's synchronous. As soon as it does, not only might a bunch of other threads get involved, but it's a much heavier-weight call.

The original CF has a CFDebug script with a name printing routine, but printing the name for debugging purposes wants to be a lightweight operation and I didn't want the overhead of calling out to another script, so I moved it into this one.

So I'm a little bit confused (no suprise there...).
Which file/s should I download? I only have the TEST file at the moment, and the file-name suggests that I should have something else.
*I have the AE version of the game

Edited by Valiantfour
Game version added

Go back and read the OP. You want about 4 files--BDIC + MNC patch + SL patch + CF patch. The main BDIC file has been given a funny name by the uploader. Lots of numbers then BDICBadDogImmersiveCreatures.T2.1 or something like that.

1 minute ago, Bad Dog said:

Go back and read the OP. You want about 4 files--BDIC + MNC patch + SL patch + CF patch. The main BDIC file has been given a funny name by the uploader. Lots of numbers then BDICBadDogImmersiveCreatures.T2.1 or something like that.

Thank you for the pedagogical instructions! ?
I thought to myself that the newest version may not need the patches, and I was totally overthinking it.
Cheers!

They're okay together, this is all about new schlongs. These are weighted to the ABC bones, I think. I also think that MNC makes ABC unnecessary because all those schlongs are weighted to the ABC bones, but MadMansGun would be the one to say on that.

5 hours ago, rickant said:

Should I overwrite the "sslActorAlias.pex" file of SexLab Separate Orgasm with the one in the BDIC Sexlab patch?

That also conflicts with Sexlab Utility Plus. I am guessing it will break some stuff. Form the description I guess this patch is not that critical to be used. Am I right?

On the other hand both MNC and CF got some updates in SE also. Are the additional patches still needed? 

36 minutes ago, FireSplitter said:

On the other hand both MNC and CF got some updates in SE also. Are the additional patches still needed?

don't know about the mnc one, but DO NOT USE the CF patch on CF v3.0. (it won't actually be "v3" anymore if you do)

Edited by MadMansGun

@MadMansGun you mean the 3.0 kit on the MNC page that just went up? You've included the changes that we discussed upthread? Cuz if the patch here is obsolete I need to take it down and update the instructions.

BTW I'd be strongly tempted to re-introduce the cloak method of finding NPCs and give users the option through MCM. It's bound to be quicker on machines that can handle it, and people with machines that can't can flip over to the other method.

ALL the SL patch does is increase the radius sexlab uses to decide whether two actors have gotten close enough to have sex. I like the walking up to each other for immersion, but it's really annoying when some creature just keeps going bump-bump-bump instead of starting the scene. So ya, totally optional.

What's SL Utility Plus and why does it need to patch SL?

13 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

You've included the changes that we discussed upthread?

sort of, i went a different direction on a few things....

i nuked the flag system in "function ChangeArousal" and made it more "binary", it was silly to have that "0 1 2 3" crap for something that should just be "on/off" (i would of done this years ago if i understood what the hell i was looking at back then)

onupdate has been changed to actually look at the actor's state before forcing a arousal update or not (could maybe use some more work but it's working extremely well for me as is, my only big concern is it maybe doing too many "get/is/if" calls now)

i mostly dropped that "GetDetailedActorName" stuff and just use " + akCreature " for the debug info lines, it seems to mostly give the same info anyways.

alias 00 has been reserved for the player in the scan quest.

BTW I'd be strongly tempted to re-introduce the cloak method of finding NPCs and give users the option through MCM. It's bound to be quicker on machines that can handle it, and people with machines that can't can flip over to the other method.

.....but the point of v2/v3 is to NOT use cloaking spells.

What's SL Utility Plus and why does it need to patch SL?

all sorts of stuff but i need to get out the door right now

edit: i hate when i get rushed to do things, i could of just copied the mod's page info:

Spoiler

Mod Description:

The main intention is Fix small issues left behind in "SexLab Framework v1.62" like the Actor Alignment, and put together other's fixes and patches make by different Authors on few Mod's already existing.

This mod also:

Include optional filters to correct animations to be compatible with "ZaZAnimationPack" and "Devious Devices - Assets" devices, solving the compatibility problem between ZaZ and DDI; enterally compatible with the ZaZ and DDI animation system and work better together improve the response time but not required.

Include option to allow Actors to find a hidden place to have sex.

Enhance the SortActors functions to sort the actors or creatures positions based on the current animation positions.

Can handle Futa actors and Futa tagged animations filtering the animations and placing the Futa actors on the correct actor position.

Include optional filters to correct animations gender positions and prevent Male x Male Vaginal.

Include option to strip chance % for each individual items on "Strip Editor" (bigger the % value --> bigger the chance of get striped)

Include Animation Cache and others changes taken from the SexLab AE 1.64.

Increase the max animations count for the "Extra" version to 1250. thanks to Swe-DivX (For more capacity check his mod)

Include option to incorporate furniture detection like chair or torture devices on "Extra" version. To prevent animation out of context and actor find the close match furniture to use as reference point. to start the animation (recommended remove furniture animation objects files from animations or install animations without the Furniture objects to prevent furniture clipping)

i tried it in the past but i has some problems with it.

Edited by MadMansGun
On 7/18/2022 at 7:28 PM, Bad Dog said:

Looks like not. What were you looking for?

I deleted an older version of the mod i had that worked pretty well to install the current one, the problem is that i cant seem to get vT2.0.1.7 to work with my setup ?

Installed the main mod and the 3 patches with no luck, creatures appear as "not active" in CF and the meshes stop updating, tried CF V2.0.3 , V3_0.7 and 1.1.0-pre2-SE same result

I know its probably me messing up since im kinda new to modding so i figured out ido ask if the older version was still available, hope you can help me

2 hours ago, alkt said:

I deleted an older version of the mod i had that worked pretty well to install the current one, the problem is that i cant seem to get vT2.0.1.7 to work with my setup ?

Installed the main mod and the 3 patches with no luck, creatures appear as "not active" in CF and the meshes stop updating, tried CF V2.0.3 , V3_0.7 and 1.1.0-pre2-SE same result

I know its probably me messing up since im kinda new to modding so i figured out ido ask if the older version was still available, hope you can help me

click on uninstall in cf, than save & quit and reload the game, wait a bit then click on "Re-register all mods"

13 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

sort of, i went a different direction on a few things....

OK good, just so the effect of those updates isn't lost. The changes you describe all make sense to me. 

I agree with your dislike of cloaking spells in general, btw. When the next Beth game comes out I think an early mod needs to be a "universal NPC identifier" type thing that other mods can plug into. That way even if it uses a cloaking spell, there's only one and all the rest of the mods trigger off it.

I just can't *find* "Sexlab Utility Plus", not to be sure I have the one people are talking about.

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I agree with your dislike of cloaking spells in general, btw. When the next Beth game comes out I think an early mod needs to be a "universal NPC identifier" type thing that other mods can plug into. That way even if it uses a cloaking spell, there's only one and all the rest of the mods trigger off it.

that sort of exists:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36869

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/19122-schlongs-of-skyrim-uncloaked/

i just don't know how well it works, never used it before.