[Sims 4] erplederp's Hot Stuff - Sexy things for your sims! (04/09/20 - added Framed Beauty - Alina Vacariu!)

So came up with a issue.. on the race girl set... the fishnet tights seem to make my whole sims jet black unless i zoom all the way in and then you see some color...but still mostly black. I ended up replacing it with another tight i had downloaded but figured i'd let ya know.

@Excorsion That's weird. I think it is probably some sort of conflict or interaction with a different mod. The identifiers are randomly generated, so there's always a super tiny chance they'll clash. The tights are also just a plain additional swatch of the base game item made in S4S, without any other shenanigans, so they should behave reasonably in the usual circumstances. This is how they look in my game at various distances (seem A-OK to me):

Spoiler

992297255_10-30-19_5-42-13PM.png.27d4db0d8c21abc9c20d682b0a4451e5.png

867492249_10-30-19_5-42-31PM.png.a168fc53fc173474948c04e328a2fda3.png

1046560481_10-30-19_5-42-40PM.png.de2426318ba54958e58f4493c5c0c5f6.png

Thank you for the info - at least we'll know better if someone else runs into the issue.

10-30-19_5-42-40 PM.png

Updated accessories and clothing.

Venus navel ring

1170134512_erplederpVenusNavelRing.png.1690780179cb2c9979cdfebd5283f15c.png

A cute dangle belly ring with white gem for female sims. 4 metallic color swatches. Simple 2D design (not a mesh), with specular and shadow. Found in the brow ring slot. Positioned for wild_guy's Female Body Details. The design matches with Venus Earrings and Venus Necklace by Pralinesims.

PS Sindra accessory glasses

1819633641_erplederpAccessoryGlasses.png.48260878d20b0b22e2ee061726983300.png

An edit of Sindra Glasses V2 by Pralinesims - properly moved to the hat slot for compatibility with Kijiko's eyelashes. Added the white rimmed swatch shown in the picture above.

Minor stuff

- the teardrop bikini bottom is now also available in socks slot (and can thus be combined with the fishnet tights as shown in the top picture)

- fixed the back plug for Asuka's plugsuit (improperly assigned slots, the new version has different IDs)

- updated the race queen set (only added the few new swatches mentioned in #328 to the archive)

Hey Erplederp!

I was wondering if, in the future, you would make an option for your cc to add a simlish or blank swatch? I've personally recoloured some of your stuff to remove the english off them because I really love the set but I'm a huge stickler for keeping it all simlish (even modded any Maxis added english shirts to be simlish rip).

If you don't want to, that's cool! I can continue to do what I have been doing.

Hope you have a good Halloween!

@fatallyshot Hey! ?

A good idea with both the blank swatch and the simlish. I like the simlish too - the WIP poster uses it. The bustier from the recent race queen set, for example, has at least a blank swatch. Could you remind me which of my mods had regular text? I don't seem to remember any in particular. Maybe some of the retouched stuff, like the SOLA wetsuit? Anyway, I appreciate the tip!

Likewise, have a spooky Halloween!

19 hours ago, erplederp said:

https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-accessories-female-necklaces/title/princessia-choker/id/1365739/

Unfortunately, fixing meshes is above my skills. The amount of clipping depends on the nude top you use. I use cmar's and it looks relatively fine with it (still clips a little near the shoulder areas during movement). If you don't want to use it as the default, you can use my naturist top with the jacket, which uses cmar's mesh (and is non-default).

[erplederp] Female Naturist Top (cmar mesh).package 202.35 kB · 2 downloads

763594760_10-30-19_5-49-30AM.png.c3d10c8d29df71764d3319d806ca9922.png

I briefly compared the packages. It looks like I corrected the category/color/etc flags, added the missing shadow layer, updated or remade the specular layer and added a dark brown swatch. The visual difference is fairly minimal, but it is there.

Nice, is it possible to request a heavy boobs version for the jacket? Also what's the choker she's using I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

1 minute ago, Xatos said:

Nice, is it possible to request a heavy boobs version for the jacket?

You'd have to ask someone else, who can actually work with the meshes. I'm limited mostly to the texture stuff. Maybe Julie J?

5 minutes ago, Xatos said:

Also what's the choker she's using I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

It was in my previous reply to you. ?

Princessia Choker by Pralinesims: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-accessories-female-necklaces/title/princessia-choker/id/1365739/

She also has another similarly styled choker: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-accessories-female-necklaces/title/queen-choker/id/1365051/

On 10/31/2019 at 10:33 AM, erplederp said:

@fatallyshot Hey! ?

A good idea with both the blank swatch and the simlish. I like the simlish too - the WIP poster uses it. The bustier from the recent race queen set, for example, has at least a blank swatch. Could you remind me which of my mods had regular text? I don't seem to remember any in particular. Maybe some of the retouched stuff, like the SOLA wetsuit? Anyway, I appreciate the tip!

Likewise, have a spooky Halloween!

the SOLA wetsuit is one of the items. Some of D.VA's kit (I know it's from the sets listing but while I remember) is in english as well (but has some blank swatches). I'll have to look through the other stuff to find if there's any more because I can't remember off the top of my head.

Thank you so much for getting back to me regarding this. I really appreciate it!

*Edit: if you want, I can hook you up with a variety of simlish fonts. I have some bookmarked ?

I'm not tech savy otherwise i'd post screen shots.. but something i thought of is... do you use CC skins? I use alot of the CC skins and maybe they are conflicting... will check it out the next time I log into game and then report back if removing the skins changes it.

Edit: Just tried the fishnets without any other CC on.. base game hair and all.. still get a Jet black sim...So not sure what is causing them to do that...short of uninstalling all my mods and putting them back in one at a time... to be clear.. fresh sim... no clothes... WW skin... aka default body that comes with WW... base game hair... no make up or anything... just plain jane sim... put on the fishnets and I get the glitchy sim... take the nets off and the sim looks fine.

5 hours ago, Excorsion said:

I'm not tech savy otherwise i'd post screen shots.. but something i thought of is... do you use CC skins? I use alot of the CC skins and maybe they are conflicting... will check it out the next time I log into game and then report back if removing the skins changes it.

Edit: Just tried the fishnets without any other CC on.. base game hair and all.. still get a Jet black sim...So not sure what is causing them to do that...short of uninstalling all my mods and putting them back in one at a time... to be clear.. fresh sim... no clothes... WW skin... aka default body that comes with WW... base game hair... no make up or anything... just plain jane sim... put on the fishnets and I get the glitchy sim... take the nets off and the sim looks fine.

Do you regularly delete your localthumbcache and clientDB files from C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 ? If you don't, try deleting those files and see how you go.

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you'll have to break out the 50/50 method to see what might be causing the issues.

@fatallyshot Checked the D.Va set, it has been quite a while. Luckily, it looks like there are the blank swatches too. I'll try to remember to include those (or just use simlish) for my future stuff! I'd appreciate the links to the fonts, thank you. I currently have only one and it is kind-of Comic-sansy so it is not so universally usable...

@Excorsion I do not have a lot of CC skins, only a few. If it is a conflict of the randomly generated IDs, it might be between arbitrary, seemingly unrelated mods though. You could try this standalone version of the tights and see if it makes any difference (it has a new set of IDs):

[erplederp] Race Queen Fishnet Tights (Standalone).package

You could also try the approach by fatallyshot - testing half, quarter, one eighth and so on of the mods, until you find the culprit. There's also a Mod Conflict Detector, but I don't know how well it works.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:48 PM, erplederp said:

You'd have to ask someone else, who can actually work with the meshes. I'm limited mostly to the texture stuff. Maybe Julie J?

It was in my previous reply to you. ?

Princessia Choker by Pralinesims: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-accessories-female-necklaces/title/princessia-choker/id/1365739/

She also has another similarly styled choker: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-accessories-female-necklaces/title/queen-choker/id/1365051/

Sorry about that, must have missed it. Thank you!

On 10/31/2019 at 1:10 AM, erplederp said:

Venus navel ring

Personally I don't like neither female tattoos no piercings, I always liked girls with untouched body. But I have to say this your piercing looks pretty nice, I think I would like it if I liked piercings at all :)

@erplederp @fatallyshot , I just want to weigh in with my opinions on Simlish. I prefer Simlish for a more immersive feel / experience. There are some instances where English is more appropriate (IMO). A lot of people (not myself) cannot read Simlish at all.

Spoiler

In the 2 posters on the left, having "Batman" in Simlish would be better for immersion, and I'd assume almost everybody would be able to at least guess (correctly) what it says. The poster on the right would be a lot harder for people to read. Not to say a Simlish version wouldn't be good too.

1217121768_11-02-19_3-13-41PM.png.06f58afaca033de2f21c199926a171c3.png

Then there are other examples that are more in-between, such as Lara's Halloween costume below. IMO, either English, Simlish, or both versions, work well. Keeping in mind that some people have a hard time reading Simlish, or cannot at all, I suppose it comes down to how much you want them to be able to read it.

2092466468_11-02-19_3-07-02PM.png.b582632d5f2d5a8b7e6743458c1c7f4e.png

593134359_11-02-19_3-05-53PM.png.13dbba593b1b2b507f6131cb2868b53d.png

@2cool4u_1 @erplederp oh yeah, I fully understand your preferences when it comes to english CC. Personally though I'm more of a consistency person and I don't mind if I can't read simlish.

That being said, with the fonts made by the community you can start to tell what stuff says when you work with it enough. It does take a bit though.

(as a bonus: here's an screenie of a simlish poster in my game I think is fairly easy to translate. It's a poster for Toronto ? )

image.png.c5bd5fedeb2519b7b289c6f78eb6b75d.png

12 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Hmm, I thought it's Moscow, almost the same TV tower:)

Cool. They look very similar. The one in the poster is the CN Tower (it's a railway tower with a revolving restaurant). It was the tallest freestanding tower in the world.