2cool4u_1 Posted November 18, 2019 Posted November 18, 2019 Yes, it works now, and the pics are showing again!!! ? 1
erplederp Posted November 18, 2019 Author Posted November 18, 2019 46 minutes ago, wild_guy said: I wonder what you did with the shadow and specular maps, especially with the last one since I never worked with speculars. The shadows add a little bit of depth to the transition between the fabric and the skin and make the clothing look less "painted on" in my eyes. I make the shadow texture by simply filling the clothing area with light gray and blurring it on a white background. The further the fabric is from the skin (swimwear vs. skirts), the greater surrounding area should be shadowed, with a slower transition (a more gradual blur). The resulting effect is probably best seen in a side-by-side comparison (which I do not have on my hands right now). With the speculars, I tried to add a little bit of gloss to the straps and the plain panels (avoiding the lace) and also the appropriate shine to the metallic details. Unfortunately the specular maps seem to be rendered with a low resolution so it is difficult to match the tiny details without the effect bleeding outside. The gloss/shine is usually noticeable only during camera or sim movement - when the amount of reflected light changes dynamically with the angle of incidence. For black items with tiny details such as the garter, the overall effect is not too noticeable. Maybe you could notice the light reflecting a little on the added metal details as you rotate the camera. In my experience, the effect looks best for medium sized metallic or plastic details (buttons, clasps, zippers...) or larger, simply textured areas, such as with my chainmail bikini or glossy tights. But even a small amount of gloss makes the regular items (say, a one-piece swimwear) look more natural in the game. The glossy effect can be seen on the lower legs in the picture below (again, it is more pronounced in a motion). My way of making the speculars is fairly primitive. I fill the appropriate areas with color values (and alpha) copied from specular maps of various base game items, where I look for places with specific materials - silk, metal, leather, synthetic fabric, plastic and so on. 2
jhony007 Posted November 19, 2019 Posted November 19, 2019 would you make available overwatch mercy sims?
2cool4u_1 Posted November 19, 2019 Posted November 19, 2019 9 hours ago, jhony007 said: would you make available overwatch mercy sims? Someone else asked the same question. (Mercy / Angela is very pretty)? On 11/9/2019 at 2:37 PM, erplederp said: @Vasatus Thank you! I plan to upload her once her outfits are done. ? It takes me a while, though, because I like to edit/fix/recolor/retouch stuff for my sims to properly match the colors and/or get the quality I aim for. 1
erplederp Posted November 19, 2019 Author Posted November 19, 2019 @jhony007@2cool4u_1 Yes, the plan still stands. I have two more outfits to finish (a babydoll for sleepwear and the race queen outfit) and some details such as tanlines and possibly adjusting the hair shade for a more precise match between the hairstyles. 1
frankstallone Posted November 23, 2019 Posted November 23, 2019 Those Angela glasses are exaaaaactly what I've been looking for! 2
erplederp Posted November 23, 2019 Author Posted November 23, 2019 27 minutes ago, frankstallone said: Those Angela glasses are exaaaaactly what I've been looking for! Awesome! ?? They are ultimately not that much different from the original base game glasses, but they do look very elegant to me thinner like this. 3
2cool4u_1 Posted November 24, 2019 Posted November 24, 2019 2 hours ago, erplederp said: They are ultimately not that much different from the original base game glasses, but they do look very elegant to me thinner like this. ...And properly positioned. 1
erplederp Posted November 24, 2019 Author Posted November 24, 2019 Updated - added Bridget lace bodysuit and dress. A lace bodysuit and a racy dress (without any bottom) for female sims. These are edits/recolors of the original Bridget Dress by Birba32. Both items contain all 6 original swatches plus 9 new recolors (mostly pastels). Contains modified textures, fixed shadow layers and updated normal layers. The bodysuit is found in tops (!) and can thus be used with a Barbie-doll nude bottom, such as the Female Naturist Bottom by me, or with a regular bottom as shown below. 3
Vincenza Posted November 25, 2019 Posted November 25, 2019 your mod is fantastic, i can't say it often enough. you are a great addition to the sims4 community! 2
erplederp Posted November 26, 2019 Author Posted November 26, 2019 @Vincenza Thank you, you are very kind. ?
korbe Posted November 27, 2019 Posted November 27, 2019 if I want just the clothing do I still need the update files? 1
Vincenza Posted November 27, 2019 Posted November 27, 2019 5 hours ago, korbe said: if I want just the clothing do I still need the update files? if you only want the clothes you only need this download: Hot_Stuff_-_All-in-One_-_Clothing_-_24-11-19.zip 2
erplederp Posted November 27, 2019 Author Posted November 27, 2019 @korbe Yes, it is as Vincenza says. Download just the all-in-one file, I always try to keep those up-to-date. The update files are there for people who already have my mods and want to download only what was added recently (so they don't have to re-download the all-in-one).
korbe Posted November 29, 2019 Posted November 29, 2019 added ur clothes! great stuff! sexy clothes was what my game was missing! can't give u an endorsement but I can say thanx! also will feature your stuff in my let's play! Wicked of Whimsville! Link will be below when it starts! thanx again! 1
erplederp Posted November 29, 2019 Author Posted November 29, 2019 4 hours ago, korbe said: great stuff! sexy clothes was what my game was missing! Thank you! ?
Vasatus Posted December 7, 2019 Posted December 7, 2019 Hallelujah! Absolutely love Mercy! Now I'll have to get the Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack just to complete her. RIP. Guess this just leaves Tracer and Widowmaker to get all of the big names done. Jk. On a bit more of a serious note, I have to ask; would you be willing to make a Samus Aran character? Her zero suit is already taken care of, but the only Samus hair I've come across for the Sims 4 looks horrid. Even if it's just the hair, would you be willing to make that edit? I know you already have future plans for your content, but I couldn't think of anyone better to give the content a much needed facelift. I love your content and wish you the best with future updates. Stay frosty! 1
erplederp Posted December 7, 2019 Author Posted December 7, 2019 @Vasatus Thank you, Vasatus, I hope you'll enjoy having Angela in your game! Sorry for the delay, I planned to upload her sooner, but my job keeps getting in the way of me playing the sims. ? I'd recommend trying Angela without the Cool Kitchen, I don't know how critical it is to have it. Maybe there are some good substitutes for the relevant items. It is very unlikely I'll make a Samus Aran sim, given that I have not played any of the Metroid games, even though I admit she looks great and has a lovely hairstyle. Anyway, here's Angela cosplaying as Samus (hence the dirty blonde hair instead of the regular blonde). The hairstyle is Vivian by NolanSims. It parts on the other side of her head, but it is probably the closest there is (with the ponytail, the parted fringe and the strands on the side) while still being of a good quality. There's also a variant with a bun instead of the ponytail which could be used in different outfits. The suit would need recoloring into a vibrant blue for a closer match. Spoiler Leela hair by WMS does not look too bad either. It comes in 5 variants. Spoiler I have both Amélie (Widowmaker) and Lena (Tracer) in my old save though, so who knows. It would be definitely fun to have Lena and Emily in the game (LOL at Widowmaker behind the window). 2
Vasatus Posted December 7, 2019 Posted December 7, 2019 As much as I wanted to see it, I can't complain. nor can I say I'm really surprised. She's fallen out of mainstream relevance ever since her games took a nosedive in quality. Still, thinks for the hairstyle recommendation (though I already had the Leela hair). I'll definitely give it a shot. If you do end up adding the other two, I absolutely support the choice. I could think of a slew of characters to add, but I'm not going to be "that guy." Whatever your choice, I look forward to whatever content you have planned for the future. 2
Crazy Doll Posted December 8, 2019 Posted December 8, 2019 Mercy hairstyle? Well It'll prolly help. 1
erplederp Posted December 8, 2019 Author Posted December 8, 2019 @Frost Doll I have seen that one. While the model is good, the texture quality is unfortunately low, so I could not use it. ?
Crazy Doll Posted December 8, 2019 Posted December 8, 2019 9 hours ago, erplederp said: @Frost Doll I have seen that one. While the model is good, the texture quality is unfortunately low, so I could not use it. ? Isn't it possible to retexture this CC?
erplederp Posted December 8, 2019 Author Posted December 8, 2019 @Frost Doll It could be possible but I have never retextured hair. I guess it would also depend on how are the texture coordinates mapped. On an unrelated topic - your new avatar is so pretty. ? 2
AllTheToplessSims Posted December 19, 2019 Posted December 19, 2019 Beginning modder here...thought I'd ask here because you've posted good stuff about modding already and your content inspired me. Why is the outfit I'm making so blurry around her breasts? I tried doubling the resolution and it scarcely helped. I tried importing as DDS instead, to no effect. Is this something I'll just have to put up with? Keep up the good work, and sorry for the question! https://imgur.com/a/C2pI8yS
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now