Resident Evil 2 REmake (Jan 25th, 2019 XB1 PS4 PC)

Darkening Demise

After 3 years of silence from announcing the game is happening we finally got to see it and in action. While staying true to the original in some ways its offering twists for veterans as not everything is exactly the same with new layouts and additions.

Platform: PC, PS4 (Pro enhancements confirmed), XB1

Release Date: January 25th, 2019

Trailer

Gameplay

5 hours ago, Molevalence said:

Ada is alright. Claire is where it's at. :P

I'd disagree about Claire. I always liked her as a redhead (:classic_biggrin:), not the brunette she's become in trailer.

1 hour ago, LinksSword said:

My question is, Is it going to play like re5/re6? or are we getting a classic tank control resident evil? And will it be scary survival or action based?

I'm hoping for classic, myself. While I didn't dislike the way RE4-6 handled the camera, none of those games really felt as scary as the previous titles. And if RE7 is any indication, we're getting back to actual horror rather than action shooters. Here's hoping they don't repeat the same mistakes they did with RE7; zombies > fungus-based mutants.

17 hours ago, Molevalence said:

Ada is alright. Claire is where it's at. :P

HERESY!!

11 hours ago, deathbywesker said:

I’m exited for this game but I hope the gameplay isn’t like Re7.

God that sucked so hard. "Look at me! I'm Outlast with a gun!" ?‍♂️ And i've seen scarier molds in my fridge.

9 hours ago, Kargrin said:

There is gameplay out already, it will play like RE4 with third person camera, but its more tight behind the character.

ker-LINK:

1 hour ago, ToJKa said:

God that sucked so hard. "Look at me! I'm Outlast with a gun!" ?‍♂️ And i've seen scarier molds in my fridge.

You're telling me? I write an ongoing fanfic that uses the RE series--among others--over on the Cafe de Nuit's fan fiction section (The Gothic Journals) and I gave up on ever using the crap from RE7. It was just too ludicrous to reconcile with the established lore.

Here's hoping that RE2 REmake does for the original what RE REmake did: make it bigger, better, and expand greatly on the story.

18 hours ago, LinksSword said:

My question is, Is it going to play like re5/re6? or are we getting a classic tank control resident evil? And will it be scary survival or action based?

I would hope that it plays like RE5 or 6 or has an option to toggle tank controls.

I tolerated the tank controls when they were the best means of controlling characters in pre-rendered 3-D environments but to use it when there are alternatives which have been available since Silent Hill when not providing said alternatives to the player to be a misstep.

21 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I would hope that it plays like RE5 or 6

I would tend to disagree, but that's simply because I suck at aiming with two thumb sticks. Granted RE5 and 6 weren't nearly as bad in that respect as Silent Hill: Homecoming, but still...

Off topic, I know, but has anyone else had really bad experiences with the right thumb stick on controllers that Win 10 recognizes as XBOX controllers? In Steam, GOG, or even just with Win 10 in general? The damned thing is so insensitive it moves like molasses in winter, forcing me to switch to my PS4's controller or use mouse and keyboard.

14 hours ago, ToJKa said:

HERESY!!

I never actually played RE7/ never wanted to and I'm glad I didn't. It's just soo out of place to me and who is that "Chris Redfield?" ? 

9 hours ago, deathbywesker said:

I never actually played RE7/ never wanted to and I'm glad I didn't. It's just soo out of place to me and who is that "Chris Redfield?" ? 

Yeah, after he appeard, i tried to imagine the other characters RE7'd. I couldn't. I just couldn't.

Awesome user name, BTW ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 11:21 PM, deathbywesker said:

Since they're giving the old characters fresh faces, are they going to do this for everyone in the RE universe? I actually don't mind Leon's and Claire's new look here. 

I'm intrigued at the prospect of seeing what Tofu will look like in glorious HD.

Archived