The last of us II

One of the german reviews I read about it noted that gameplay wise it was about the same as the first one, although hope was switched for hatred that left you empty at the end of the game. That site is first and foremost a left to neutral political news site so I'm not giving too much on their gaming reviews. Their insight into the game's plot had me wondering though. click

Also note that I did not play the first game due to a lack of PS3 / 4. I did however see a longplay of the game.

Seems that in those areas where TLOU 2 is already out (Japan, Australia, etc.) the reviews are not that hot. Some people are hung up on the sociopolitical aspects but overall the reviews I've heard are that the story is lacking, the characters are not likable, the mechanics are repetitive, basically everything that YouTuber Skill Up said and got roasted for last week. All the whining of SJWs won't mean a thing if the majority of people who actually buy and play games don't like it. I'm not talking about initial sales, either. Long-term sales are what determines if a video game is considered a success or a failure in the business world.

If it fails with the same groups Neil Cuckmann was pandering to, that's saying something. What exactly that says I'm not going to try and elaborate on since like I just said, SJWs don't buy and play video games so their opinions don't really matter.

15 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Feminist critique

'Sometimes facts do matter'? Glad she cleared that up....

Also: We want inclusiveness, except when we don't want to be included in that. Now I understand why psychologists charge so much.

I don't have a console, and never played the first one so I'm not invested in the characters or story. Yet what I've seen of the second one makes the gameplay look compelling. I like Assassin's Creed though, so take it for what that's worth. Age of Conan called and wants their blood splatter effects back :P (they actually redrew blood effects after 300 came out)

The process continues ever forward (not that much more will need to be said for many people out there on the fence after PewDiePie's reactions to the game):

Druckman's so vain that he probably thought that his revelation was so profound that it echoed throughout history, retroactively inspiring the rabble to contemplate the humanity of the fictional villain characters in Naughty Dog narratives. 

WcAsIuY.jpg.c835739ac3f6a299ffe79b480cfd1fb8.jpg

Maybe they should have called it Shoots and Ladders. It would have changed people's expectations since it would be a stealth sequel (in more ways than one).

Alright, that's enough of that. Everyone should have an idea of what kind of reception this is getting from some of the hardcore fans of TLoU1 by this point.

1 hour ago, landess said:

I've made mention in a few YouTube comment sections:

Where is the game play reaction video from Anita Sarkeesian?

That is a great question. Is Anita pleased with the offering made at her altar by Neil or is he still found wanting in her eyes? If the latter, just how much more atonement is needed? Is enough ever enough?

9 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

That is a great question. Is Anita pleased with the offering made at her altar by Neil or is he still found wanting in her eyes? If the latter, just how much more atonement is needed? Is enough ever enough?

I think we both know the answer to that. That brand of feminist activism isn't in it to be satisfied. The moment they stop dreaming up new sexism problems that surely must be addressed is the moment they go to the unemployment line.

2 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

I think we both know the answer to that. That brand of feminist activism isn't in it to be satisfied. The moment they stop dreaming up new sexism problems that surely must be addressed is the moment they go to the unemployment line.

The best part is when fatigue sets in legit feminists will just get drowned out because they failed to curb this shit when they could. Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:52 AM, Rokabur said:

Because the asshats at the top believe they need the exclusives to push console sales rather then the 'merits' of the console itself. Considering 'consoles' are just locked down budget PC's the manufacturer won't let you upgrade yourself as well as charging $60 a year for access to their garbage network means I'll just wait for emulators to catch up. I won't ever buy another console since my favorite genres are like 90% exclusive to PC.

Well it worked. I bought a PS4 just so I can play LOU2.

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Well it worked. I bought a PS4 just so I can play LOU2.

I feel so sorry for you considering what a landfill inferno that games turned out be (couldn't even stand the first game, was so dull and boring I noped out of a playthrough when Joel's daughter was shot and died in his arms).

22 hours ago, Rokabur said:

I feel so sorry for you considering what a landfill inferno that games turned out be (couldn't even stand the first game, was so dull and boring I noped out of a playthrough when Joel's daughter was shot and died in his arms).

No need to feel sorry for me. And don't take this the wrong way, but it doesn't really interest me what kind of games you like.. I mean.. there's millions of gamers and each one has their own individual tastes, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I just illustrated that the ploy of binding a certain game to a console is working for them, because it did for me. Bought the PS4 just for that game and Death Stranding. Now I could play DS on the PC but it incorporates Denuvo. And since I don't do my banking on my PS4 when it comes, I won't be so worried about anti-cheat as I am on my personal computer.

Should you feel sorry for me over those facts then thanks!

But don't be.

4 hours ago, ToJKa said:

I've been wathing a Let's Play of it, and so far (around 6-8 hours in) seems just be a standard "don't lose yourself to vengeance" story. Don't see what all the screaming is about ?‍♂️

It has do with the utter disrespect the sequel has for Joel (the protagonist of the first game), the blatant identity politics and virtue signaling, and the fact the story is trite and full of plot holes where the original was a genuine masterpiece of storytelling while games urinalists are trying to paint anyone that dislikes it as "alt-right" and "-ists, -phobes, and -isms." It's a microcosm of the whole SJWs vs. reality battle.

If it's like every other battle the woke jokes have tried to fight, they're going to lose in the end. This one is just more spectacular than most.

Luckily i am quite clueless when it comes to this "identity politics" and "SJW" shit. And i don't intend for that to change :) 

After all, majority of us are the normies in the middle who only see two groups of extremists screaming at each other because reasons.

And what Joel did at the end of the first game i always hated. I understand why he did it, but never approved. Sure the murder scene was needlesly brutal, but i'd say he had that coming.

But we'll see how the story goes. Apparently it really breaks down in the final chapter, so looking forward to that.

9 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Luckily i am quite clueless when it comes to this "identity politics" and "SJW" shit. And i don't intend for that to change :) 

After all, majority of us are the normies in the middle who only see two groups of extremists screaming at each other because reasons.

And what Joel did at the end of the first game i always hated. I understand why he did it, but never approved. Sure the murder scene was needlesly brutal, but i'd say he had that coming.

But we'll see how the story goes. Apparently it really breaks down in the final chapter, so looking forward to that.

You wouldn't be the only 'normie' to weigh in on this game if you'd ever get around to it.

10 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

It has do with the utter disrespect the sequel has for Joel (the protagonist of the first game), the blatant identity politics and virtue signaling, and the fact the story is trite and full of plot holes where the original was a genuine masterpiece of storytelling while games urinalists are trying to paint anyone that dislikes it as "alt-right" and "-ists, -phobes, and -isms." It's a microcosm of the whole SJWs vs. reality battle.

If it's like every other battle the woke jokes have tried to fight, they're going to lose in the end. This one is just more spectacular than most.

I just have difficulty seeing this game as an SJW game, when you're there basically a MURDERING machine, murdering women, men and DOGS in the most horrific way. I've watched through 6 hours of gameplay and have not found one 'WOKE' moment.. so far.

Compare that to Doctor Who, SuperGirl, The Flash and so many other shows and games that were RUINED by the post modernist bile that is SJW warriors.

I DO NOT SEE IT IN THIS GAME. Not in the game play, not in its messages or lore.

But I'm going to play it today as my PS4 is arriving today and I'll let ya know if I find anything too woke in there.

FYI I despise it when gender and identity politics take over my favorite things. I was forced to stop watching most of the DC shows, forced to stop watching Doctor Who as I hate being programmed every 10 odd minutes that 'white males are evil'..

I just haven't seen ANY of that in this game.

You know what I think? People are just pissed to shit that Joel died and they can't deal with the loss.

Well tough luck, his death was DESIGNED to be uncomfortable.

This video says just about everything about the reaction to it..

The guy POSTS THIS video then finishes off with:

THIS VIDEO DOES NOT REFLECT MY OPINION. AND THE MAKER HAS 'come back to it':

I’ve been thinking about this game a lot since posting this video. The intention behind The Last of Us 2 was to make you uncomfortable, and to challenge your perceptions. I realize now, that I am just not in a place right now where I can handle it. Call me whatever names you want, but the geo political situation in the world at large, personal life events and so on, have left me in a state where I just don’t want to play a game that makes me uncomfortable to the extreme. A game that makes me really depressed. I didn’t burn my copy of this game or cut in half with the camera rolling, because that’s not my intention. I just stopped playing it. Someday, I may pick it up again when I am feeling ready to handle a game as intense as this one, but right now I just am not up for it. This is not the worst game of all time, or anything like that, I don’t think I ever said it was, but that’s neither here nor there. This video was basically a knee jerk reaction, which maybe was a bad move as this was never intended to be a review, not be particularly popular, but still. I hope people understand what I am trying to say here.

Well, read the ending beforehand, and it goes about as i expected.

Spoiler

Ellie can't let go, and loses everything to vengenace. But then doesn't even take it :classic_blink:

Wondered that in Joel's death scene too, leaving Ellie and Tommy alive.

What the hell is wrong you with you people? Remember your Die Hard!

I may be mistaken, but I recall Druckman bragging in interviews that this game would piss a lot of people off. Given his SurprisedPikachuFace reaction to all the backlash I don't think he understood exactly what he was setting himself up for. Its like he wanted all the edgybro perks being controversial without being subjected to all the resentment of being controversial. Be careful what you wish for....

The entertainment industry has been doing that an awful recently. Doing something controversial with franchise for the sake of being controversial. Then getting all pissy when they get a controversial reaction rather than universal praise.

After the first trailer of Uncharted4 was released, Neil druckmann once publicly stated that the work would be the darkest in the series, and its subtitle A thief's end seemed to conform to this statement.

At the end of the game, Drake and his family have a happy ending.

I believe that someone stopped Neil druckmann's original intention.