6 minutes ago, bluepigeon said:

So, the 10,000 dollar question?  Will there be masturbation and dildo functions with this new version?

A $10k dildo? Ummmm I’m gonna need a link to that, ASAP! ?bitches get lonely man ?

@Reginald_001 perhaps we could solicit community help on the translations. We could start a new thread requesting that those who would like to hear Ivy’s intro message in their language, could upload a recording of the correct translation and I could record based on that. It would mean far less work for me (I mean we’re already looking like it’s going to be 2k lines right? And You’ve got the fever so it might end up being way more) and it has the added benefit of a group think dynamic. It also allows us to keep a cap on the number of translations we do. Just a tip. 

Just for for a second.

Just to see how it feels. 

?

1 hour ago, ChicGeek said:

@Reginald_001 perhaps we could solicit community help on the translations. We could start a new thread requesting that those who would like to hear Ivy’s intro message in their language, could upload a recording of the correct translation and I could record based on that. It would mean far less work for me (I mean we’re already looking like it’s going to be 2k lines right? And You’ve got the fever so it might end up being way more) and it has the added benefit of a group think dynamic. It also allows us to keep a cap on the number of translations we do. Just a tip. 

Just for for a second.

Just to see how it feels. 

?

Agreed! As for the lines.. yeah.. it's a bit of work.. ?

Deep testing Ivy and her dialogue internals. It's like you see her brain activity as you speak with her.. :P

I need to make sure that questions that are ambiguous will not affect Ivy's affinity. I had functionally tested everything but needed to get these internals to make sure everything really is going as designed.

Whenever you see 'Question UnPrimed' message it means that no matter what the player says it will not have consequences for her affinity (you'll still see 'troll' events scrolling by as they are being fired, they just don't do 'anything'.. It's interesting to see it going.

Of course, all of these messages will be disabled in the final release (or when I know it all works 100%).

Development Update

The light at the end of the development tunnel is growing brighter by the minute... I'm now in the tweak/fix/add 'nice to have' phase of the build. I'm so close to being able to actually play with her that I can taste it.. I can't wait for all of Chic's dialogue to be in there.. After the base ESM is done I can finally continue development on the Nuka DLC, which caused me to add all of these functions to begin with as certain quests needed most of this functionality.

Yesterday/Today's update

There was only 1 'player response' scene, in which the player could agree, disagree or bailout or say 'I don't know'. But some of Ivy's questions aren't binary (I mean stuff you can agree or disagree on), these questions are more like: 'did I tell you about.. XX yet?'...

So I made a response dialogue branche for those questions that do not have a binary answer.

As always in 1.5.. certain answers can affect affinity.

I've fully integrated HyperCombat with the Bloody Mess perk.

I've added more gore to HyperCombat overall.  There is now a chance that combat targets loose limbs (20% chance per limb after any HC attack). The higher the perk, the higher this percentage will rise (up to 70% for perk level 4) and the more likely it is that Ivy will leave behind a bloody mess and become a bloody mess herself, all perk levels affect her HyperCombat in a positive manner.

Lots of tweaks after hours of gameplay testing last night.

Small stuff:

- I've removed all illogical player responses to flirting that didn't make sense in certain combinations.

- I made it so all NPC's now look at Ivy when she's engaged in dialogue during quest integration.

- I've forced some scenes to player dialogue camera that weren't before.

- I've added checks during certain quests to warp Ivy to the player if she is not close enough for quest integration.

- Ivy now warps in front (I used TranslateTo and some math) of the player if she is too far for a dance scene and there is a timeout if the player waits too long to sit down.

- Added several intros to Ivy and Ivy remembers how introductions went, 'e.g. how you two met' and will recall it at a later stage in your relationship, she will recall player actions and responses during the introduction as well.

- Added several custom 50's sci-fi posters to her Root cellar.

- Made all items in the root cellar belong to Ivy before she is recruited (picking up any item in the rootcellar before recruiting her will cause her too take it back or attack/become an enemy).

- If the players talk to Ivy, during certain crucial moments of certain quests, she will understand that you are prioritizing her ABOVE the currently running quest. And she will appreciate you very much for it, raising affinity in a sort of 'bonus' way.

- Added shorter teleporter distance for Ivy's warp routines when you two are indoors.

- Added 'show debug messages' to all scripts in the form of a boolean that can be set. (more for me than anyone else)

- Tweaked final HyperCombat quest scene to perfection.

Replaced the rudimentary teleport system with in-depth tweaks:

- Different teleport effects for sneaking/standing status of player.

The entire transporting sequence now is:

- Teleport Out FX spawned

- Ivy's player dialogue is disabled

- Ivy is set to Ghost status

- Ivy is made transparent (alpha = 0)

- Ivy is moved to player while still transparent (this will give her the opportunity to move 'away' from the player a bit otherwise she is right on the player's nose and that's irritating).

- 1.7 seconds delay as she 'walks away from the player'

- Teleport IN FX spawned

- Ghost status disabled

- Transparency disabled

- Dialogue re-enabled

5 minutes ago, Fiona159 said:

I've always wondered - why Ivy can't come out of the basement and just walk around?The hatch is not closed,because the player comes into the basement without a key ).

The answer is in her diary and the lore notes you find around the Commonwealth in version 1.5... I hope you have handkerchiefs ready..

And no, Fisherman's Friends won't be an excuse...

50 minutes ago, darkhighlander said:

Cannot wait for the even more enhanced Ivy. You have already created a Follower who is way above all the rest - and I`ve tried them all.

Seriously, give yourself a hearty slap on the back for your creation.

One thing among many that I love about taking Ivy with me, it`s those interactive cut scenes. Like when your talking to Sturges or Nick Valentine in his office, the comedic timing is spot on.  Every time I hear Ivy repeating how Nora got "shot in the head, pop pop"....cracks me up man.

Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks. I just realized I should call the release I'm working on Ivy 2.0 instead of 1.5.. here entire base was redesigned, nearly from scratch.

I'm a bit worried though.. perhaps I'm just an accidental comedic genius.. like that guy that made that movie 'The Room'.. I don't recall meaning that line to be funny.. ?

In that case.. you'll love the new incarnation of Ivy though.. :P

I've reinstalled Fallout 4.

Now there is only one thing missing.

Insane Ivy four point next.

I still wish she had a more dominant mode though.......Ahh well. She's already the best follower mod available. And that includes Skyrim.

5 hours ago, darkhighlander said:

No dildo lying around?

C`mon bruh, it`s Ivy we are talking about :P

Where is that $10,000 dildo what’s-his-face was talking about...

24 minutes ago, ChicGeek said:

I once modeled a buttplug into Fallout 4. I think I still have the model lying around somewhere, I lost my modeling software since then after upgrading to a new comp.

But I've been meaning to look at finding her a dildo collection.. I mean.. she has been speaking about it so much.. :P

3 hours ago, ChicGeek said:

I'm still here.  I assembled a new female character and I'm about ready to load a few armor mods and a bounty hunting mod of top of it.  Anyway.

Here; 

Mind you, these are not insertable, like tampons.  

They are in your inventory, or you drop them on the ground, or display them on a surface, like a desk. 

They come, not cum, in a variety of colors.  Some glow-in-the-dark

Here; 

and 

The best for last.  I recommend this one above the other two.

Here; 

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

I see a modeling job coming up for you, Chic.. I mean the Blender kind.. :P

Just put it on my tab. 

(But I use Max/Maya)

This device won CES  this year. Then they took it away because it was a “obscene”.

Then the creator (a woman, obvs) said “how is this indecent but VR sex isn’t? 

Then they gave it back, because...fuck you CES. Lol.

I’m counting the days till this thing gets manufactured. Why?

the arrow? It’s pointing to a sim-mouth.

complete with suction and motion that simulates an actual mouth and tongue. 

This is is the holy mother fucking grail. Blended orgasms.

solo.

That’s the dream 

186AA3AA-3F88-4BDD-AFED-63E11D1DD5C6.jpeg

Having a damned hard time today..

I am implementing some special scenes, they are sort of like interactive sex stories which are player driven. I'm not going to divulge too much. But the thing is, the male sextalk is easy as I'm male and I pretty much know about what males like.. but the lesbian parts are much harder. I need to assume that the players choice of gender in game is their real gender, that is something which I have tried to design Ivy around. So now that things are player driven and directly geared to the player's gender, I need to write a whole bunch of 'lesbian' content. Which I'm pretty sure will be focusing on the wrong things.. things that attract males instead of lesbian women (not sure if lesbian women play with Ivy but one needs to assume these things).. so there's only one thing left for me to do tonight which is.. read up on lesbian erotic stories which I'm sure are written by women, so I can learn about style and such..

Pff.. the LENGTHS one goes through to make a good working mod...

?:P

On a more serious note. I've put everything within Ivy today on 'production' values.

What this means is that I was testing with small thresholds for when affinity rises, or affinity quests kick off, I've adjusted all of these counters to the production settings.

- Affinity rises only once every two in game hours or on special occasions (e.g. proper dialogue choices / visiting nice places etc..)

- Ivy's HyperCombat quest is NOT kicked off until a certain affinity level has been reached (she will simply not trust you before that with such an important task).

Counters for reaching this quest (and effectively enabling Ivy's HyperCombat):

Affinity L10 / Ivy must have had 30 combat targets or more in her time with you...

- All of Ivy's debug messages have been disabled through a global, which can be enabled through the Master Controller Holotape.

- All affinity/troll/deny/arousal things finished.

- HyerCombat cooldown period is now fully tied to player level (higher level = shorter cooldown period)

So at this point the light at the end of the development tunnel (of Ivy's updated base) is very bright.. I need only to record 200 or so more lines of dialogue, then test the shit out of it together with ChicGeek.

THEN I can finally continue the Nuka World quests where I got stuck (Ivy lacked affinity and irritation systems making it impossible for me to finish the quest based on Ivy's moods and player choices). And I can remove all the stuff I created for that inside the NukaWorld quest, and eventually reuse it in the Far Harbor quests.. Fuck.. life is good in IvyWorld.. :)