Development Update

I've spent today with giving Ivy some proper packages for when she's not recruited. She now idles around her root cellar, which has been decorated more to be a real home for her. I gave her some pillows.. then when I was aligning the pillows, imagining her snuggling up to them as she slept alone, during the night.. much like I do.. a tear dwindled down my.. OK.. enough of the poetic bullshit.. anyway. Ivy now has a real home and a proper introduction scene, which gets triggered when you enter the root cellar.. if I can get the fucking CIS_EnterLocation Story Manager Event to trigger that is..

The root cellar has been filled with more items, including the holotape with Ivy's diary, located on her bed. It's also been littered with idle markers, so Ivy makes use of everything you see in the small room, as long as she is there.

To keep things interesting, three completely different introduction scenes were made. One funny, two quite sad, to motivate players to recruit Ivy as soon as humanly possible...

ScreenShot631.jpg.95a9a41cfd3827acf08c79b9f455f2e3.jpg

18 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Development Update

I've spent today with giving Ivy some proper packages for when she's not recruited. She now idles around her root cellar, which has been decorated more to be a real home for her. I gave her some pillows.. then when I was aligning the pillows, imagining her snuggling up to them as she slept alone, during the night.. much like I do.. a tear dwindled down my.. OK.. enough of the poetic bullshit.. anyway.

Haha! This one made me chuckle out loud. 

And she reminds me of a little kid pouting in her room in this pic ("My #&%$# dad, MAKING ME SIT IN THIS DAMN ROOM ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!") LOL Aww, poor girl ?

One thing I love about the upcoming changes is the ease of her recruitment. Yeah, I know, minor compared to all the certifiably killer stuff you're doing with her, but since recruiting her is step 1 in all my games and I restart a lot testing mods, it'll be nice not to have to make the run (it's the little things, ya know?).

So... I typically knock out most of the base game first before finally destroying the BoS as a present to her (along with the Atom Cats), then move on to the DLCs. One thing I've been curious about, is can we start her affinity-affecting quests at any time without taking an affinity hit, or do we get dinged if we don't start them right away? The topic was mentioned earlier in the thread, but don't recall this being answered specifically. Apologies if I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, Sevatt said:

Haha! This one made me chuckle out loud. 

And she reminds me of a little kid pouting in her room in this pic ("My #&%$# dad, MAKING ME SIT IN THIS DAMN ROOM ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!") LOL Aww, poor girl ?

One thing I love about the upcoming changes is the ease of her recruitment. Yeah, I know, minor compared to all the certifiably killer stuff you're doing with her, but since recruiting her is step 1 in all my games and I restart a lot testing mods, it'll be nice not to have to make the run (it's the little things, ya know?).

So... I typically knock out most of the base game first before finally destroying the BoS as a present to her (along with the Atom Cats), then move on to the DLCs. One thing I've been curious about, is can we start her affinity-affecting quests at any time without taking an affinity hit, or do we get dinged if we don't start them right away? The topic was mentioned earlier in the thread, but don't recall this being answered specifically. Apologies if I'm wrong.

You can accept a quest and let it linger as long as you want, basically. Most of her quests have no rush or expiration dates.

It's 23:10.. I need sleep.. but I just had a Eureka moment that cannot be denied.. I know that if I give in.. it'll be 2am before I can even think about bed.. but fuck it. I think this will work, because it does in one of the intros.. and if it does.. this is going to be awesome. A long time dream I've had for Ivy come true.. stay tuned.

Also: You'll want to quicksave before entering the root cellar, so you can try all the different intros and combinations.. :P

You will definitely not want to spawn Ivy to you using the controller holotape to recruit her as you'll be missing out on important and cool stuff..

7 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Simpler put:

Ivy 1.5 is designed to run with you as single companion running through the Vanilla Quest lines.

(DogMeat is allowed, and some extra vanilla companions such as Ada from the Robot DLC are allowed under certain circumstances).

That's not quite what I meant. I didn't mean to imply that you ADD compatibility with any specific mod. You have enough on your plate as it is, and I would hold no expectations for such. I was merely asking if Ivy would run okay on a modded load order that included faction additions or alterations. I run multiple characters, so I'm just figuring which would mesh with Ivy and which would not.

On a personal preference, I hold no love for the Brotherhood as a faction, and tend to view them with the same disdain in FONV and FO4 as I had viewed the Enclave and Outcasts in FO3. I did ally with the Lyon's Pride in FO3, but for the specific reason of them being considered a splinter group by the rest of BOS chapters, and thus not really considered a functioning BOS chapter at that time.

As for having Ivy as my sole companion, I wouldn't have it any other way. Most of the time companions in Bethesda games feel far too bland for my tastes, so I tend to run solo or with a modded companion if their setup and background catch my interest. With Oblivion, I'm always solo. With FO3, I run with Brooke occasionally. With FONV, I ran with Niner or Willow. On Skyrim, Sofia, Mirai or Lucian, and most recently Alicia. But on FO4, Ivy is the only companion mod I actually like. 

Darlene was just strange, Button didn't really  catch my interest, and Heather just rubbed me the wrong way. Ivy is the only one I've run through the game with completely and consistently.

11 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

It's 23:10.. I need sleep.. but I just had a Eureka moment that cannot be denied.. I know that if I give in.. it'll be 2am before I can even think about bed.. but fuck it. I think this will work, because it does in one of the intros.. and if it does.. this is going to be awesome. A long time dream I've had for Ivy come true.. stay tuned.

I finished this at 90%.. and it works and it's awesome and I'm keeping it a secret... :) 

11 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

That's not quite what I meant. I didn't mean to imply that you ADD compatibility with any specific mod. <snip>

That's FINE.. I just want to make very clear as to what Ivy is and is not. :)

Development Update

I have had a major breakthrough last night.. as suspected, I was up until 2am to get it working but in the end tiredness took me. When I woke up I saw that I had clearly lost my concentration the night before as I had put some terribly wrong conditionals here and there. All of that was fixed this morning and I realized that the 'eureka' moment from yesterday wasn't some kind of mirage, dream or fantasy..

During flirting, Ivy's arousal now slowly starts to rise. After a certain threshold has been reached, she offers the player services.. like a lapdance.. Something I've been meaning to put into Ivy since day one, but I simply didn't grasp the engine enough to make it happen.. until today.

This is just the proof of concept, there's tweaking to do.

And just to make this 100% clear, Ivy cannot offer sex animations in her base ESM.

Someone (perhaps me, not sure yet) will have to add an ESP to Ivy that hooks her into AAF to get that to happen.

But with her arousal counters, modders can now hook into these scenes with ease to expand her services menu.

After any 'sexual favor' the player is granted a short perk effect such as increased agility or perception.

Proud to present the proof of concept.. and no I just couldn't keep it a secret.. :P

There are currently three favors that Ivy can give:

- Dancing

Ivy waits for the player to sit in a chair, then she dances for them and talks sexy to them.

Dialogue is adjusted depending on affinity and her relationship to the player.

- 'Make Love'

Only available when a love relationship is established.

A scene very much like the one with Magnolia is played. The screen turns black, Ivy and the player COC to her bed in her root cellar and players wake up with the Lovers Embrace perk. (Still needs to be created).

OR:

- 'Have Sex'

Dito as above but a different, lesser, perk is given because the players do not have a relationship with Ivy. (They are just a customer).

- 'Tell me a story'

Ivy tells the player a sexy story. (Also available through the Erotic Service Menu)

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Development Update...

- 'Tell me a story'

Ivy tells the player a sexy story. (Also available through the Erotic Service Menu)

Fantastic ???

I loved it, it was incredible, it really is a gigantic evolution this update as to how Ivy relates to us.

Sad here, I could not figure out which was the spoliler that left in the recruitment (I do not speak English can have messed up a bit)

Tell me a story ... who would say ?

I'm thinking something here, a friend who likes to play Red Death Redention, a famous bang-bang game in the open world, told me that sometimes he enters the game just to ride a horse and ride for some time enjoying the scenery ..

I'm imagining that with all this newbies will have more people still, certainly some already do, that will enter the game to spend some time with Ivy, without even worrying about missions, just enjoy ...
???

2 hours ago, ChicGeek said:

Holy shit! I (we) get to be a ninja and a stripper? Dreams DO come true!!! ?....

4D17CEE8-C64D-4964-B7F0-B8EA31174799.jpeg

YESSSS!!!!, 
Every time much better, I imagine how much you will have fun with this new dubbing,
speaking of this, thank you very much for the excellent work of your voice, big hug from your fan here in São Paulo, Brazil.

So now that all the fancy stuff is in there and it works, I'm back to the tedious parts.

Made Formlists which have different types of items for Ivy to comment on, took out her entire CA_ItemPickup stuff from the vanilla quests and forms and built my own system around that. Ivy is now much more aware of what the player picks up and will make remarks accordingly. Small items will receive sexy remarks, items like toys will stir up feelings of nostalgia and some other items will invite other types of remarks from Ivy.

Ivy now remarks on: Bones, childhood items, items that can be used for sexy things (e.g. hairbrushes, etc..) and larger objects that the player picks up all with separate remarks for item type, with many alternates for each item type so she doesn't repeat herself too much.

I am also trying one more thing out that I've been kind of secretly wanting to do.. implement the cannibal perk for Ivy if the player engages in it as well, making it so that if there are multiple dead bodies around and the player eats one, a scene kicks off in which Ivy does the same.

Current state of Ivy's sounds/voice files (base mod only)

image.png.5ace9a32f889c2a9d5e5c9416f3be589.png

On 5/10/2019 at 9:43 PM, Reginald_001 said:

'Is it someone new?" <-- Reference to Bioshock, the first thing that a splicer says when they see the player.

(If anyone can name the reference (hint, the second name is misspelled), they will receive a golden cookie)

image.png.f274e347d1800271f232bcc07c3ddd4a.png

This reference is to Twelve Monkeys series, Cole, Railey and Jones are the main characters of the show.

I think there are over 350 of such hidden references in Ivy, if not more. (Another 100 or so reference great works of literature or are quotes from geniuses that roam(ed) the earth).

@Reginald_001 and @ChicGeek

banner-parallax-1.jpg.7f1b0858ac0ac78118dd858e7d26ed97.jpg

A very innocent question. 

and without wanting the complications for you to think about, but ...

I noticed that in Faloout, they do not appear or it looks like it does not have or how, subtitles in the radio messages,
I discovered this a long time ago when I translated heather, the initial radio message that starts the quest of it has no text for translation or legend anywhere, I asked it on the forum at the time and they told me that it has no subtitles in radio translation same...

Some time later, when I went to translate Ivy, I realized the same thing, but I did not comment on it at the time, because I already had the idea that there is no subtitles for the radio and that's it

I remembered that the ADA that starts the mechanic also starts with a radio message, and now I do not remember if this one has legend or not,

today I started a new game and it is very nice to hear the initial radio message from Ivy, the voice of the Chic :
"functional sexy robot ... repeat in 10, 9, 8 ..."

it's very nice to hear that at the beginning of the game, ?? well, but to the point:
 would it be possible to include subtitles, which could be translated later, even if only in this initial radio message?

my intention if there is such a legend is to be able to translate to qeum does not speak english helps a lot, but I think it would be a very cool inclusion also to hearing impaired people who enjoy the game and could read the messages as well.

As for example, when Ivy enters Diamond City, and says by her radio that the sexual robot is available to collect the visitor from the shelter, I found it incredible, but I almost did not understand because of not understanding the language.

If well ... that thinking here may happen of an envetual radio legend overlap the legend of some other conversation ...
Like when Ivy is talking to the cook her friend in the diamond town,
maybe the caption of the radio messages should appear a little above or in a different space from where the normal subtitles appear, but there already is much more complication ...
But if at least the initial message of the ransom request is possible, it will be very legal.

Another suggestion ...?

Another bad idea that came to mind, and if Chic, record the audio of the initial message of distress in some languages, for example: English, Portuguese, French, Japanese (I think Japanese in the falout would not give much right ...) and she would repeat the ransom request every time in a different language,
I think it would be incredible and great  surprise for people from these other languages, 

I think it would be more or less when a famous singer does tour in some other country and says something in the language logal, even if I a simple good night or thank you, the people go crazy, I think it could cause a similar sensation.

but again, I do not want to give you major complications, it's just an idea that you wanted to share, 

But it's just a mischievous thought I've had right now ...

I (really) like the idea of multiple languages.. but it's a challenge Chic will have to face as for me it'll mostly be going into Google translate to get some translations going. The typos and wrong grammar only add to the charm of Ivy having researched the translations herself. :)

Development Update

I've been playing four hours straight with Ivy, running into the Wasteland and testing out as much of her features as I could. She' still stable as fuck, I had some worries as each feature that gets introduced can also add instability, especially the many added dialogue fragments worried me, but I've put all the logic into her main script and when I look at some of the vanilla scripts I see mine aren't intrusive at all, at this point.

One thing that (really) bothered me was the fact that Ivy's affinity was being affected in a binary manner while chatting with Ivy. Each 'no' answer was always negative affinity and each 'yes' always positive. But many of her questions are ambiguous..  So I implemented a 'bit' which neutralizes affinity for any question that is ambiguous.. For instance, the question: "Have you ever tried to fuck a Brahmin?" can be answered with yes or no, regardless of Ivy's affinity. It can also mean that for some questions, NO will actually translate to POSITIVE affinity.

OK a small rant >

I gave guitar lessons for 17 years to young kids, and was often amazed by how their lack of musical knowledge sometimes gave them strokes of genius. It was as if because the rules didn't apply to them yet, they were able to go outside of them without worry and sometimes find magic that no professional musician can... as they have simply too often progressed beyond being able to approach music objectively without applying the rules (they're stuck in their ways).

I've had a similar experience with Ivy. Because I'm simply not that good in scripting--and I have great worries about stability--I fell back to methods that aren't what you might call.. often used or are considered 'best practice'. I've replaced many script functions with scenes that get called, so I can use packages, scene actions, dialogue conditionals and much more available in Scenes that are not that easy to access in script.

This (somewhat silly decision) turned out to be a stroke of dumb luck... it turns out that failing scenes are simply much more stable than intricate scripts which are trying to access objects and do things otherwise difficult in script. For example.. there is no script function to see if a player is indoor or outdoors.. there just isn't.. So I made a scene which gets called in the OnLocationChange() event, that starts and has two phases with conditionals set to start when a player is either indoors or outdoors, then it sets a global variable that is much more consistent than anything else, as likely the scene is called when everything has loaded properly, yet the script somehow returns 'none' objects, half of the time, likely because stuff wasn't loaded yet. Of course, you can then make script loops and whatnot.. but that's where instability comes around. So I decided on an 'event' based approach with this scene.

I also don't have to call external scripts, if I use this method and everything basically stays 'local'.

image.png.7f6cd1ed36bcd5a666956946e5e4d382.png

This has also allowed me to make scenes that can affect Ivy's internals, called from external quests with ease. In this manner I was able to add affinity events for Ivy, outside of followerscript scope and into vanilla quests, simply by adding some custom script fragments calling the scene within Ivy's dialogue.

I (any modder modding Ivy) can set a global that defines the action taken, then start the scene below to affect Ivy's affinity in any kind of way.

(E.g. if you were making a Cheat Menu or Terminal for Ivy, you would be calling these scenes to affect her internals (!) )

image.png.45a915f28c8e320564c8f4793b670dc6.png

Mate, just to say this... what you are doing by using scenes rather than intricate scripting is actually a 'best practice'. It is the legitimate best way to apply short term packaging to an NPC, and as you have found, allows you more flexibility in determining outcomes and further scripting / variable changes. Though you don't need it to be said, go with your gut and with what works - it won't steer you wrong and you'll always get the outcome you want. My $0.02.

3 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Mate, just to say this... what you are doing by using scenes rather than intricate scripting is actually a 'best practice'. It is the legitimate best way to apply short term packaging to an NPC, and as you have found, allows you more flexibility in determining outcomes and further scripting / variable changes. Though you don't need it to be said, go with your gut and with what works - it won't steer you wrong and you'll always get the outcome you want. My $0.02.

I had no idea! And feel that I'm literally stumbling over the engine, despite the successes I have in development.

12 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

I had no idea! And feel that I'm literally stumbling over the engine, despite the successes I have in development.

I'm always here to give $0.02, as I have been, when you need a sounding board or have a query. :)

Still on captions in radio messages,

I have not read the answers yet, but I want to write before I forget:

Finishing an idea to be doing a translation of the Sim Settlements, shit ... over 25 thousand lines, but the idea I got is this:

if it is impracticable to include caption in the radio messages, even in the initial of the mission, an option that I believe works very well and perhaps is less complicated to implement is:

A message appears to freeze the screen by transcribing the message, such as when you pick up the Voucher or the warning message about never taking Ivy to ...

Something like:

"I have just noted a transmission of the radio, it can be something important:
enter the transcript of the message "

Even if only in the important transitions, such as the request for ransom at the beginning of the mission, perhaps the entry into the Diamont city

I believe that this does not break the immersion or dynamics of the game and solves the questions of being able to be translated the message of the radio and still be more accessible to the personnel with hearing limitation.

(please excuse me if I am using some inappropriate or difficult term of enternment, my native language is Portuguese from Brazil, and here we do not have another native language as is common in other countries, I am good at translating a bit of English into the Portuguese, the opposite not so much)

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I (really) like the idea of multiple languages.. but it's a challenge Chic will have to face as for me it'll mostly be going into Google translate to get some translations going. The typos and wrong grammar only add to the charm of Ivy having researched the translations herself. :)

I am 100% down to flex my voice acting muscles. Fuck it! I’ll do all the voices! I’ll do all the translations, butcher all the languages and mispronounce ALL  the words!! I am woman, hear me roar! ?

26 minutes ago, ChicGeek said:

Eu estou 100% abaixo para flexionar meus músculos que atuam com voz. Foda-se! Eu farei todas as vozes! Eu vou fazer todas as traduções, abocanhar todas as línguas e pronunciar mal todas as palavras !! Eu sou mulher, me ouça rugir! ?

YESSSSSS

giphy.gif.ce28a437a07c5d8e866fb3efc27f1386.gif