23 minutes ago, JasonTodd1976 said:

The way I understand it (Although I am probably completely wrong) is that Companions like Ivy here, Darlene on Nexus etc.., require themselves to be in the "1st" slot of the group. That is if you have Ivy, Darlene, Mollie, Cait, and Curie, To get all of Ivy's idle comments and her "extra" functions the companion order would have to be like:-

1-Ivy

2-Darlene

3-Cait

4- Mollie

5-Curie

But whoever is in slots 2-5 suffer in the environmental interaction and in Darlenes case she is a lot like Ivy- needs slot 1 to have the mod working as it should. Of course Reginald will probably say thats all wrong lol

Yeah, I do remember reading that as well. Since then Ivy has always been the first one I pick up. And while I've tried out plenty of standalone companions, at this point I've ditched all of those for Ivy. Leaving only the occasional vanilla follower if a particular playthrough warrants it, and the ones that come with quest mods like Project Valkyrie, Outcasts and Remnants, Depravity, etc. 

11 minutes ago, Dumuzi said:

Yeah, I do remember reading that as well. Since then Ivy has always been the first one I pick up. And while I've tried out plenty of standalone companions, at this point I've ditched all of those for Ivy. Leaving only the occasional vanilla follower if a particular playthrough warrants it, and the ones that come with quest mods like Project Valkyrie, Outcasts and Remnants, Depravity, etc. 

If you are hunting around depravity, you might want to keep your vanilla companions close, I generally keep Cait permanently with heather, use Valkyrie and Defiantly going to have a couple of Depravity Companions- Roxy and Harley being at the top. Just have to figure out a way to get Ivy to work in as well

8 minutes ago, JasonTodd1976 said:

If you are hunting around depravity, you might want to keep your vanilla companions close, I generally keep Cait permanently with heather, use Valkyrie and Defiantly going to have a couple of Depravity Companions- Roxy and Harley being at the top. Just have to figure out a way to get Ivy to work in as well

Anymore I just have 2 companions max at any one time. Always Ivy, then switching out the others one by one in the second slot as the playthrough progresses. Any more than 2 at once takes off too much of the edge for me even with mods that make things harder.

2 hours ago, Latch77 said:

Question, how easy will be for Ivy to get affinity, lets say i talk to her and choose all the responses she likes I take her to places she likes, etc. could we get really high or even max her affinity in just a few hours, is there a limit, maybe per day or ingame hours or something? i ask cause i hate when you max an npc approval/affinity or whatever is called in the game in just a few hours, specially if the game is long.

There are time delays between rising affinity. But the more time you spend chatting with Ivy the quicker it goes. I've made it so that there are many levels of affinity (12 in total) and it will take a while before you reach the highest level. Both sleeping and chatting are now capped on in-game time, and affinity does not rise quickly after 'chats' (it takes a few in-game hours in between chats).

I've been playing and it took me around 8 in-game hours to get up to level 40 (of 250) in her affinity, which is where you first establish a 'love' relationship (e.g. she starts telling you she loves you and you can say it back). I might increase the in-game time it takes between affinity raises, but honestly in those 8 hours around 2-3 in game weeks were spent. I've had girls telling me they love me in real life, already after 2 days of dating.. so I guess that 2-3 weeks should be an alright time. Please note: Affinity rising is linked to game skill setting. In easy affinity will rise quick. In survival it will rise slower and it will be harder to please Ivy.

As for the multi-follower mod discussion. I've said all there is to say. Ivy is not designed for it. And 2.0 specifically will run into major issues when multi follower mods are installed. Multi Follower mods have caused me great grief in trying to support LYING players who claimed not to be running MF mods. If I don't have all the info, I can't support it. If players don't give me info, then get 'grieved' when I can't help them, and it turns out they were using MF mods to begin with. That's where I drew a line to actively make Ivy deny the use of MF mods. If she finds an MF mod is installed, she will dismiss herself as companion and go back to the root cellar. Ivy is designed to be the sole companion of the player, with only Dogmeat allowed as permanent third companion.

^And I will quote myself on that each time it's asked in the future. ?

In GOOD news though, Ivy features more than enough content, and perks, to be able to live without the vanilla companions. And special scenes were added for re-recruitment, after having dismissed Ivy, so just dismiss her as you travel for a bit with other companions and pick her up when you're done. :)

In more good news. Guitar tracks and master were done today on the W.I.V.S. OST.

Presenting the final version of 'P-Fidelity'. :)

01 - W.I.V.S. Band - P-Fidelity.mp3

8 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

There are time delays between rising affinity. But the more time you spend chatting with Ivy the quicker it goes. I've made it so that there are many levels of affinity (12 in total) and it will take a while before you reach the highest level. Both sleeping and chatting are now capped on in-game time, and affinity does not rise quickly after 'chats' (it takes a few in-game hours in between chats).

I've been playing and it took me around 8 in-game hours to get up to level 40 (of 250) in her affinity, which is where you first establish a 'love' relationship (e.g. she starts telling you she loves you and you can say it back). I might increase the in-game time it takes between affinity raises, but honestly in those 8 hours around 2-3 in game weeks were spent. I've had girls telling me they love me in real life, already after 2 days of dating.. so I guess that 2-3 weeks should be an alright time. Please note: Affinity rising is linked to game skill setting. In easy affinity will rise quick. In survival it will rise slower and it will be harder to please Ivy.

As for the multi-follower mod discussion. I've said all there is to say. Ivy is not designed for it. And 2.0 specifically will run into major issues when multi follower mods are installed. Multi Follower mods have caused me great grief in trying to support LYING players who claimed not to be running MF mods. If I don't have all the info, I can't support it. If players don't give me info, then get 'grieved' when I can't help them, and it turns out they were using MF mods to begin with. That's where I drew a line to actively make Ivy deny the use of MF mods. If she finds an MF mod is installed, she will dismiss herself as companion and go back to the root cellar. Ivy is designed to be the sole companion of the player, with only Dogmeat allowed as permanent third companion.

^And I will quote myself on that each time it's asked in the future. ?

Mate, No drama at all. It's your mod and if you envision Ivy as a sole companion then thats what she is. I will ask though (now they are mentioned) Companions that work outside of the vanilla system are safe? I only ask as The Fusion City/Depravity Companions work outside much like Heather. And Flashy's Malia, is she going to be safe based on how she is being set-up?

21 minutes ago, Dumuzi said:

Anymore I just have 2 companions max at any one time. Always Ivy, then switching out the others one by one in the second slot as the playthrough progresses. Any more than 2 at once takes off too much of the edge for me even with mods that make things harder.

I like the whole traveling posse look, especially on my (old) Harley playthroughs pack of crazed maniacs roaming the wastes

4 minutes ago, JasonTodd1976 said:

Mate, No drama at all. It's your mod and if you envision Ivy as a sole companion then thats what she is. I will ask though (now they are mentioned) Companions that work outside of the vanilla system are safe? I only ask as The Fusion City/Depravity Companions work outside much like Heather. And Flashy's Malia, is she going to be safe based on how she is being set-up?

Yes. She checks actively for multi companion mods only (AFT etc..). The idea is to discourage the use of these mods with Ivy, not completely prevent it. I'm sure that advanced and knowledgeable modders can get it to work. But at that point I'm sure they won't come to ask for support when things go wrong and they'll be able to handle themselves.

19 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

I don't blame you at all after all the frustration that must have evoked. Like was mentioned, your mod, your rules. Despite the utility functions of AFT, I have no problem ditching it and just seeing how things play out with quest mod added followers. If it turns out I have to leave Ivy behind sometimes, so be it. I'll adapt and it may even prolong the length before starting over for the next run.

19 minutes ago, JasonTodd1976 said:

I like the whole traveling posse look, especially on my (old) Harley playthroughs pack of crazed maniacs roaming the wastes

There's no doubt that that's a fun scenario to be a part of. I guess it comes down to the fact that at a certain point in every run, there comes a point where you realize you can handle anything the game throws at you without much effort. So for the next run you try to come up with ways to prolong the length of time that there's still tension there that you could die at any moment. Limiting the number of concurrent followers is just one tactic I've started settling on regularly. 

7 hours ago, Dumuzi said:

Understood and thanks for explaining. While I have never personally had an issue with AFT that I've noticed, that doesn't mean that there weren't numerous things that weren't borked under the hood so to speak, and I just didn't know any better to tell the difference. May well be the light mode will suit just fine for when a quest has an attached follower or the like.

I only hope she is still as talkative in those cases as all the various things she says out of the blue are one of the best things about traveling with her.

Just to add my $0.02, AFT breaks all my followers. Regardless of IVY's presence or not. In fact I had made the decision to stop using AFT in a play through where I was using Heather Casdin. AFT would not allow me to dismiss any followers once recruited. Among other issues, like garb and such.

I love follower mods that enhance the game through added dialog. But not where I am trying to go back and forth between them. I don't like having multiple followers at my side so I have to release and recruit them depending on who I take. Even, when I need to take a follower with me, such as Ada, I don't like having more than 1. Mods like Heather and Ivy contend for my time and so I won't put them in the same game together....I do the same for Skyrim as well. Only one major follower at at a time.

Heather has her own advanced follower system built in (As I recall). And so she does not register as a follower. I've no idea how this will affect Ivy. but I wouldn't be using the 2 together anyway.

My next Fallout play through will be when Ivy is released. I can't wait. I won't be using any other follower mods or MF mods. My experience lines up with Reg's They, IMO, are just broken.

But Reg, would it still be possible to make specific exceptions? I see there is a "light" mode for instances like I mentioned above with quests that need Ada and such.

But I think there may need to be times with permanent or semi-permanent exceptions. 2 that come to mind would be having Dogmeat permanently in the group (I wouldn't but I can see the appeal) and/or the use of Automatrons. Being limited to one follower kinda limits the point of that DLC........but I put that one more on Bethesda anyway.

SCRIPT FRAGMENTS in DIALOGUE TOPICS run on EACH SENTENCE in a fragment, meaning that they run on the 'start' and 'end' for each sentence.

Yeah that threw me for a loop.. how could 4 'flirt' events have taken place when you only flirted once (and she said 4 sentences)... how could the pelican king story be at stage 18 when there are only 8 stages to the story? Well now I know.. :)

The trick is (I hope) to remove the fragments and replace it with an attached script:

image.png.a7cd496b09729fb22175ef0683357ffd.png

image.png.5cdc9dec5e471cd6428fcf3b615ce583.png

7 hours ago, tokyobomber said:

Quick question, will it be possible to change her skin texture ?

Ivy uses the regular body and skin texture that all NPC's use (SkinNaked). You can (pretty easily) override it with  your own skin.

On 5/19/2019 at 11:52 AM, Dumuzi said:

quest mods like Project Valkyrie, Outcasts and Remnants, Depravity, etc. 

This is probably not the right place to be asking about other mods but I'm curious about this 'Depravity'. I've never heard of it before and I can't seem to find mention of it anywhere else but in seems like it might be worth a look. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

@Reginald_001 Hi, I have two innocent questions ...

1 - 

I am here already fanando a new clean installation of the game and being careful with which of my preferred mods install or not, already preparing the best possible environment for Ivy 5.0

I'm avoiding everyone in particular who modify some normal story sequence of the game, but there are two that I have a certain affection, but I can dispense them quietly, but, if they can not be disturbing the new Ivy saga I can put them back .

Covenant Peaceful Solution
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11051
A quest mod of "Human Error" that allows for a peaceful solution where no one dies, no one tries to kill you, and covenant openly accepts joining the minutemen.

andy

The Danse Dilemma (pka Face Maxson etc.)
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21923

Uses dialogue cut from the final game to provide more options to solve the issue of Danse's identity.

2  -
Some time ago, remember that you had built a bunker for IVy in a basement in Red Rocket, and realized that it ended up redecorating the basement of sanctuary for IVy,
and if ... that all work that had Ivy's bunker on redrocket was availed and the new Ivy's quest starting room was that space right there in redrocket, or if the basement of the ivi there was redrocket placed in the house on the side of where Ivy's basement is today?

This 2nd is just something I thought might help with the work of setting up the ivy starting point, so the cells in the current basement are still in vanilla's horiginal and can can move the will in the new cells of Ivy's new exclusive basement in the sanctuary, not yours if this would help.

MOD MAKERS RULE !!!! Ivy is awesome. I have a question. Ivy can be teleported. Could you make a mod that allows the player to teleport whatever current set of power armor they are using. I like to see the clothing and body mods I have installed but I also love the jetpack. Sometimes I run around naked. I adore the barefoot footsteps mod. I also tend to ctd on fast travel. If I am in Far Harbor or Nuka World I have to go all the way back to Sanctuary to get my power armor if I need it. It would just be really cool and really convenient to be able to go in your inventory and click on something that would teleport your P/A to you. Maybe that worthless applicator thingy you pick up in the institute. Rename it activator. Or two items one called P.A.T.T.Y. Power Armor Teleports To You, and one called P.A.T.H. Power Armor Teleports Home. ( for me that would be Sanctuary ) Just thinkin' out loud there. I hope since Bethesda put that little map marker of where your current power armor is that this again might make it easier to accomplish. Might be a way around trying to tag every separate piece. OK ...I'm rambling on now about things I don't fully understand. Please think about it. Again...Ivy is INSANE! perfectly named.

3 hours ago, helgen_has_fallen said:

This is probably not the right place to be asking about other mods but I'm curious about this 'Depravity'. I've never heard of it before and I can't seem to find mention of it anywhere else but in seems like it might be worth a look. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

? I also found it curious and searched, I did not find anything about here, in the nexus, or even in a google with Falout 4 and Depravity

2 minutes ago, emporerelrickinslayer said:

MOD MAKERS RULE !!!! Ivy is awesome. I have a question. Ivy can be teleported. Could you make a mod that allows the player to teleport whatever current set of power armor they are using. I like to see the clothing and body mods I have installed but I also love the jetpack. Sometimes I run around naked. I adore the barefoot footsteps mod. I also tend to ctd on fast travel. If I am in Far Harbor or Nuka World I have to go all the way back to Sanctuary to get my power armor if I need it. It would just be really cool and really convenient to be able to go in your inventory and click on something that would teleport your P/A to you. Maybe that worthless applicator thingy you pick up in the institute. Rename it activator. Or two items one called P.A.T.T.Y. Power Armor Teleports To You, and one called P.A.T.H. Power Armor Teleports Home. ( for me that would be Sanctuary ) Just thinkin' out loud there. I hope since Bethesda put that little map marker of where your current power armor is that this again might make it easier to accomplish. Might be a way around trying to tag every separate piece. OK ...I'm rambling on now about things I don't fully understand. Please think about it. Again...Ivy is INSANE! perfectly named.

I do not think Reginald will put the functionality on Ivy to get something for the player, but, you will know ...Anyway, I think that this solves what you mentioned, it's a very simple mod to use, you equip a set and save it in one of the slots, you've added another set and save it in another slot, and so it goes ... then just go changing the set in a menu.

Outfit Switcher - Hotkey Loadouts
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10282
In a first of its kind for Fallout 4, this mod lets you save your entire loadout, including armor pieces! Then equip and swap between saved loadouts with the press of a button. You don't even need to open your Pip-Boy! It's like favorites, but entire loadouts at a time.

RMMg8o8bVWvWo.gif.7e0d7d68307e07063627b53f128792ab.gif

if the case is power armor, you have another mod that allows you to transport a power armor to you using an activator,

2 hours ago, urbanoantigo said:

? I also found it curious and searched, I did not find anything about here, in the nexus, or even in a google with Falout 4 and Depravity

Depravity is a upcoming mod from the same creator as Outcasts and Project Valkyrie, There is a discord for Project Valkyrie where depravity's development is being discussed, but yea it's companions work outside of the vanilla system as well so it shouldn't cause Ivy any dramas.

Let me be clear about this @urbanoantigo I don't use companion mods, never have. Heather is in the same category as Dogmeat when it comes to counting as a companion (if you have 'Everyone's Best Friend' mod. For which I do use), meaning they don't count against the companion limit of 1. Having Piper as a companion with Heather is the best because of the bickering and snide comments by Heather. I've beaten the game, so it doesn't bother me that having too many upsets the balance of things in the game. Sometimes you need company to break up the grinding.

@Reginald_001 IF ( I know you are only looking into it and have not set anything in stone) Ivy gets the same treatment as the previously mentioned mods (Heather & Dogmeat), then everything will come up roses. It's now been over a year since I last played, I don't mind waiting until October to play again. I'm currently writing dialog for my Skyrim SE Custom Voiced follower based off the Skyrim LE Diana Preset made by Marmotte (He has officially signed off on my team and I creating her for Skyrim SE and has joined the team as a consultant for Diana). Since that is my baby, I have a VA for Diana, a couple of scripters for coding, Voice Director/Sound engineer and a couple of digital artists to make Diana come alive. So, I have my hands full anyway. I can wait because I know Ivy is very important to you and can sympathize with you since I am creating Diana. We both love our women, so by all means, do what you have to. She loves you too and will be the best she can be in your hands.

@ChicGeek Honey, I've seen some of your mod review videos that you used to do. If you were a synth, then I would love to meet the maker of you and thank them for creating you. My God you're smokin'!

'Nuff said