7 minutes ago, madderoftime said:

@Reginald_001 Was wondering if you have plans for, or if it already exists. any special interaction at the Red Rocket Basement. That would be awesome. Jusayin

Plans for, yes. But I don't really know how to implement it yet, cause I'm kinda thick. Once I've worked out the kinks with why Ivy isn't speaking to settlers, I'll work on the convo's for RR Basement.

21 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

AFT, we have found this evening, includes a HIGHLY modified version of the base game's FollowersScript in it's ba2 file (shame on him for altering a base game script and not advising people on the download page!).

swatraid.gif.48d90b736ded238cc638d136b1f95175.gif

Kinda glad I stick with no multi-follower mods, and only keep Ivy around...

OK... so very off topic but I wanted to share, My wife got me a BADASS Maxton battlecoat for Christmas! Still all about the Lyon's Pride. I hate the neo Naxi BoS in FO4

Ignore my Lounge pants... If I put on Jeans my kid would think we're going to the park... at 10 at night

I will also post on discord coz I like you all better then facebook

20191203_122136.jpg

20191203_122141.jpg

20191203_221105.jpg

20191203_221202.jpg

10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Development Update

I've been working for the last couple of hours on Ivy's random encounters with Settlers. I made an actor dialogue event and the quest has fired several times, but no dialogue was established. It's a bit of a bitch to figure out, but only due to my lack of knowledge of the engine and how quests/the story manager work. I think the aliases aren't filling properly, so I'm trying to add some debug messages in a script to see if my aliases are filled at all, and if so, with what. ...

Piper approaches random NPCs and interviews them for Publick Occurrences while she is your companion ...

5 hours ago, dosfox said:

Piper approaches random NPCs and interviews them for Publick Occurrences while she is your companion ...

Yeah, Ive been looking into this while trying to assist Reg...  its a bit of a nightmare, the Actor Hello system (like Piper interviewing people). I've pointed him in a new direction, so we'll see how that goes for him. My guess is, it'll work on 1st try. :)

2 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Yeah, Ive been looking into this while trying to assist Reg...  its a bit of a nightmare, the Actor Hello system (like Piper interviewing people). I've pointed him in a new direction, so we'll see how that goes for him. My guess is, it'll work on 1st try. :)

Got it to work! :)

This just happened to me:

I use Ivy above AFT and never had a serious problem? ANYWAY, I am playing with Ivy for like what, a year? Ok so here I am, thinking that it sucks so bad that Ivy doesn't have a human voice anymore and loaded up to play Fallout 4 for a while with Ivy, then after I just entered my Diamond City house I hear Ivy say on a mechanical voice:

"Sometimes I just can't get used to my new voice, it is so fucking robotic, I hate it!"

And I was like... WTF?! Because, 1- I only use human voice Ivy, 2- I never ever heard Ivy say that, 3- And just when I was thinking about this!

This totally creeped me out for some minutes man! I mean, there is this audio file of robot Ivy on chic's file right, lol?

Development Update

9 Days to go!

With the GIGANTIC help of @Flashy (JoeR) and LLama over at discord, I finally got Ivy's random encounters with settler NPC's to function well. This has resulted in well.. this. :)

Now I can start adding more content for both settlers and Ivy. And I'll try to add some last minute random chats with known NPC's as well.

I've added a shitload of content to the random NPC chats and how 'lively' Ivy is can be configured, it's working pretty well. The short video shows just one 'I'm gonna mingle for a bit' moment. The longer video has a song from the WIVS 'house' band AND show's Ivy just chatting it up with a settler during work.

6 hours ago, Sevatt said:

You'll have to start with a new game

I've been putting off 'upgrading' my Fallout 4 version for years (can't even use MCM). But looks like a good reason to archive everything I use now, and do a fresh install, grab all the tools and make it as pretty as my machine will allow. Then fire Ivy up and do one more serious play through.

10 hours ago, Celedhring said:

When Ivy 5.0 comes out is it possible to upgrade from 4.0 or a new game is needed?  Asking for a friend...

Upgrading is not possible. She literally has a completely different setup under the hood.

Ivy 5.0 is designed to be with the player from the moment they enter Sanctuary. :)

Anyone with 4.0 installed will have to uninstall it first with their mod manager.

If they don't have a mod manager an uninstall application for 4.0 will also be provided.

Installation for 5.0 will be far easier as everything will be nicely packed into BA2 files. ;)

Development Update

The final developments are about as done as I can for the base build. If the player has the Cannibal perk there is a 7% chance that Ivy will walk up to a corpse to eat it. The corpse can still be 'eaten' by the player afterwards. I haven't actually seen it work, but the script debug output tells me it will. I'll cook something then that'll be the last detail I put into the build. I'll do one more playthrough tomorrow for final bug catching. Then I'll create the final testbuild for release to testers. :)

I'll upload a video of Ivy engaging into some cannibalism when I catch her doing it.

If I feel really nuts I might add some more behaviors, linked to perks the player might have (or not have).