1 hour ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

@Reginald_001

You can pack everything outside of the CK with Archive2.exe, named the same as the plugin it'll be for, and when you open it up in the CK and go to pack it, it should tell you something along the lines of "Hey, I found archives for this, you wanna pack those?".

Did this with a quick XB1 port, seems to have worked fine [no issues reported, anyway].

If you dunno all that much about packin anythin with Archive2, either I can link/copy-paste the write-ups I did for someone on Reddit, or pack it for you [and then probably re-test to make damn sure nothin went wrong].

Hey thanks. Yes Acrhive2 was my second route to try, no dice. Been trying different ways and combos for the entire day. It's not happening. ?

10 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Hey thanks. Yes Acrhive2 was my second route to try, no dice. Been trying different ways and combos for the entire day. It's not happening. ?

Gotta pack shit in specific ways for it to work [which the CK does for you, usually], especially the voice shit.

Covered most of it here, but short-ish version: Voices [and probably Sounds] can't be compressed. Can, however, change archive settings after adding some stuff and set Compression to None, add all the sound/voice files, then change the compression back and add anything else that may need it, since those settings apply to files being added to the archive, not to the archive as a whole [which was a revelation when I realised it applies to files not the entire .ba2]. I know Sounds/Voice needs Compression: None, and I think the only other exception is any animations, the rest should work fine with Compression: General and you're probably already aware Textures have their own settings and compression.

Anyway, If all else fails, someone can pack the loose files once you've released 5.0. :P

22 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Gotta pack shit in specific ways for it to work [which the CK does for you, usually], especially the voice shit.

Covered most of it here, but short-ish version: Voices [and probably Sounds] can't be compressed. Can, however, change archive settings after adding some stuff and set Compression to None, add all the sound/voice files, then change the compression back and add anything else that may need it, since those settings apply to files being added to the archive, not to the archive as a whole [which was a revelation when I realised it applies to files not the entire .ba2]. I know Sounds/Voice needs Compression: None, and I think the only other exception is any animations, the rest should work fine with Compression: General and you're probably already aware Textures have their own settings and compression.

Anyway, If all else fails, someone can pack the loose files once you've released 5.0. :P

Thanks. I've went deep.. I know about compression and I think I know all the ins- and outs. It's nothing obvious, I'm sure of that. And it has to do with the fact that it's an ESM file. I used all the combinations of export for the materials and mesh files, they just don't get picked up in the ba2 file, yet work when unpacked. I tried with compression, without compression, from inside the CK, with Archive2. With the ESM named as ESP, with a dummy ESP mounted on the ESM, then exported like that. I've tried it all. Yet nothing works or seems to make it recognizable.

But the scripts and textures work like a charm.

Not sure what's wrong with this: :)

Yet when I save it, rename the directory on disk to something else and try to use just the ba2.. no more sound. :(

image.png.2d1ad8de48aa079621f969b49a8b6530.png

On 12/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, bishlapped said:

I actually recall School having Computer labs where it was a classroom full of TRS80III PCs (The old Radio Shack PC that fallout modeled after)

TRS-80 Model 3 01.jpg

And these had modems that cradled the old round style POTS phone and hand sets.

You had to dial the number on your phone, once you heard the handshake, you'd put the receiver in the cradle.

Hoo boy.

Those are the compiuters that will work after 200 years. Their rom chips and such are solid as a rock. The newer computers and cell phones and such will just die.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:46 PM, kchurchjr said:

Whaaaaat!? I love the modem sounds, I make her hack shit JUSt for that reason. Ah, well is all good

I know of a person, at least on person in the past that used that as a phone ring :D

16 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Thanks. I've went deep.. I know about compression and I think I know all the ins- and outs. It's nothing obvious, I'm sure of that. And it has to do with the fact that it's an ESM file. I used all the combinations of export for the materials and mesh files, they just don't get picked up in the ba2 file, yet work when unpacked. I tried with compression, without compression, from inside the CK, with Archive2. With the ESM named as ESP, with a dummy ESP mounted on the ESM, then exported like that. I've tried it all. Yet nothing works or seems to make it recognizable.

But the scripts and textures work like a charm.

Not sure what's wrong with this: :)

Yet when I save it, rename the directory on disk to something else and try to use just the ba2.. no more sound. :(

image.png.2d1ad8de48aa079621f969b49a8b6530.png

Is it possible the sound size or bitrate is not allowing it to work properly. Have you also tried to have it as a ESM (both in name and in fact)? If I remember correctly I tried to repack many mods a long time ago for Fallout NV (yes I know not the same game but...) and I couldn't get the sounds to properly function until I had the entire mod set up as an ESM.

4 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

@RitualClarity @Nebuchadnezzer2 it was the fact that I was using separate files for voices, sound, meshes and materials. Once I packed everything but textures into the main.ba2 file it all started to work! yay! :)

Yeah, that's what I was gunna mention in my initial reply with Archive2.
Can't use the Beth-method for mods, apparently. We're 'stuck' with the DLC-approach of only a Main.ba2 and Textures.ba2.

Least it works now :P

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

@RitualClarity @Nebuchadnezzer2 it was the fact that I was using separate files for voices, sound, meshes and materials. Once I packed everything but textures into the main.ba2 file it all started to work! yay! :)

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Can't use the Beth-method for mods, apparently. We're 'stuck' with the DLC-approach of only a Main.ba2 and Textures.ba2.

strange.. wonder why they changed it..

3 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

strange.. wonder why they changed it..

I think it only counts for ESM's. When I did this for the RR mod and the Prefab mod all was fine and worked perfectly in separate archives (meshes, materials, voices, main, etc..)

On 12/7/2019 at 10:37 AM, kchurchjr said:

I didn't know that was your mod. I have it downloaded in my NMM. I'll give it an install and report in while I load my clean save for Ivy testing. I called on this mod on post #2827

Hi, sorry, misconception of machine translation, I write in Brazilian Portuguese and use the translator to put here later

I meant that I "posted here about" this mod I found some time ago, not that I did the mod,

but thank you very much if you can help verify compatibility,

So I did join the Discord server, but as I am totally new to this.... I never figured out how to watch the stream?

And... excitedly waiting for Ivy!!!

BTW, thanks a lot, Reginald, for ruining Skyrim for me.  NONE of the companions are worth a crap!   Damn shame you won't create another masterpiece for that.

Spoiled forever now.

yes Ivy 4 was once something completely another level in FO4, but all we're seeing is 5 ... it's something speechless,

everything has changed a lot in how you see fo4 after her ...

However, I remember that some time ago I commented that the IVY could (without multi-follower mods) be able to follow the missions of the main companions of the game, how was that?

I'm looking forward to how this would happen in particular with Nick, Cure, for his transition stories between people and machine, or with Cait who is the pepperiest mate in the game, I imagine Ivy might have interesting interactions with these characters in your stories

in time: I am sorry I did not contribute in any way to the testers team, I did not see the recent invitations before, especially when the team was still a duo, but it was great to read the last 10 pages of how all is going well

(I managed to get into the discord, now is learning to mess with that)

Development Update

We're 3 days into testing since the release and no major issues have been found yet. There's little things... things I'll be working on today and tomorrow. Like another list of NSFW things that Ivy says and needs more filtering. A script or scene that needs a bit of tweaking here and there but all in all we're staving off to a proper release for 5.0 coming Saturday.

I'll try to stream a bit more later today, you're always welcome to join on the Discord for more direct contact with me.

image.png.d6f94c16e6d2c7fd39daaa9297782902.png

9 hours ago, urbanoantigo said:

Hi, sorry, misconception of machine translation, I write in Brazilian Portuguese and use the translator to put here later

I meant that I "posted here about" this mod I found some time ago, not that I did the mod,

but thank you very much if you can help verify compatibility,

BTW been running Test build of IVY with your Mod. So far no issues. Your mod is so seamless that I forgot I even had it installed! so yea, So far it is HIGHLY recommended 

35 minutes ago, Profezzor_D said:

I will miss Chic Geeks voice Acting though, it is such a blast.

Ivy is my personal Fav mod of all time. And Chic is missed greatly by the vast majority of us, From her short live youtube channel to here on LL, she seemed like a wonderful person. I miss more than just the voice of Ivy.

Welcome to LL and Ivy btw. 99.9% of all my posts are here and on the Ivy Discord

https://discord.gg/rGh4qhH ) <-- Shameless Plug

Aw, man... I was going to try out Ivy when 5.0 came out because getting to Med-Tek early was not practical.  But, now hearing that it will be robot-voice only is a no-go.  I'll wait until you have her voiced or just stick with 4.0 once I get to Med-Tek or restart and console in the voucher for 4.0.

3 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

getting to Med-Tek early was not practical.

Yeah, it's a rough trip.

I just ~ TGM /enter

~ TCL  /enter

Toggle clipping as needed to enter doors - grab voucher - 'fly' back. I get some xp for location discovery but not really effecting an advantage other than getting Ivy early.

@wdaigle I've sneaked past the mutants or took the long way around, IF you don't want to cheat or use console commands.

Also, The robot voice is fine. It took about an hour to get used to it. At time of writing I am more than fine with it and find it a little charming as well. The way she talks and inflections is really cute.

I'll repeat myself on this last bit, "Ivy is still Ivy" and so much more in 5.0, In my humble opinion I think you are doing yourself a disservice by  not giving her a chance. Ivy is so much more this time and so much more than just a voice. @Reginald_001 Has Artfully and carefully crafted an awe inspiring character with a deep backstory. She has her own heart and soul that goes far beyond "Dirty talking sexbot"

But that is just my opinion. End of the day, do your thing. I make this as a statement to all and not just to you