10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

It's actually that there are public and commercial channels here in the EU. Commercial channels interrupt their programming for commercials, the public channels are payed for by the people and do have commercials but not interrupting programs.

BBC goes a step further and doesn't have any commercials (other than for themselves or their own programming).

We have PBS in the US. All commercial free, but it doesn't go as far as the original programming of the BBC. PBS does produce a few shows such as Austin City Limits and Great Performances as well as a series of DIY shows. It's also been responsible for some true gems such as Ken Burn's the Civil War. Unfortunately, it has the reputation of leaning a bit too far to the left politically. That's hurt funding. PBS gets little from the government, with the right wanting to strip even more from it. It relies mostly on donations and grants.

7 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

image.png.fcfcbd1cdcd01befb4218dd916230287.pngDevelopment Update 19 Days Before Release

Today was spent fixing the bugs listed earlier. I restarted the game (again) and ran through it, testing the bug fixes. I'm getting closer and closer to release readiness.

(DONE) - Added option to NX-2C Controller Holotape for Force equiping her hand cannon
(DONE) - Some lines seem to be missing in the Robot version of Ivy. Check for out of date dialogue and add where needed.
(DONE) - HyperCombat Quest gets borked if an enemy interrupts the installation scene. I set all actors to pause their scenes (instead of end) when combat happens. I added a variable that's set at the beginning of the scene. If it's in a certain state in normal dialogue, the HC installation resumes.
(DONE - Long shot still needs testing) - Temporary Dismissal does not work yet.

(DONE) - Add Profanity filter conditionals to some quest integration.

I know that you're releasing Ivy 5.0 without Chic's voice. I also know that Ivy 4.0 has many things to say about her robotic voice, none of it positive. Rather than simply releasing an update when you get Chic's part, have you thought about making it a small quest? Call it "Finding Ivy's Voice" or something where you help Ivy find a scientist or a component or both that will give her a real human voice, something she's wanted.

4 hours ago, Rampdog said:

I know that you're releasing Ivy 5.0 without Chic's voice. I also know that Ivy 4.0 has many things to say about her robotic voice, none of it positive. Rather than simply releasing an update when you get Chic's part, have you thought about making it a small quest? Call it "Finding Ivy's Voice" or something where you help Ivy find a scientist or a component or both that will give her a real human voice, something she's wanted.

You cant do this at "runtime", change the voicetype on an actor. And even if you could, it would mean Reg would have to duplicate EVERY line of dialogue in the mod, one for each voicetype, so that it could accommodate the change without breaking things - no two users would likely do things in the same way, so every line would NEED to be duplicated to cover all bases.

However, that is a moot point since you cannot change a voicetype at runtime, aside from forcing an actor into a new reference alias (which would break Ivy tremendously since then, it would no longer reference her in the original alias) or, you'd have to swap out the NPC robot-voiced Ivy for a human-voiced NPC version of her, but that too introduces elements that cannot be played with at runtime, especially as relates to script properties and any applied keywords/factions/actor values, etc.

Yes, I know some will say, but what about Curie? True... Curie was *built* with two voice types, defined in reference aliases. And she can be swapped from handy to human during her quest. But its all done with aliases that have been built that way since the beginning, in terms of scripting and dialogue.

Its not feasible for Reg to do this now, when Ivy has always been a single alias, right from the start. Far easier to say it cannot be done at runtime and leave it at that.

And I refuse to believe, no matter how long it has been since I or anyone else has heard from Chic, that she will never come back...

On 11/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, Reginald_001 said:

I'm not waiting too much on this. The first season was a very big disappointment, leaving me disillusioned with Doctor Who. I'll watch it and we'll see what happens. :)

Back in the 80s, (I'm that old) Dr. Who was aired on PBS. And every Sat night, it would run the episodes of the arc all back to back in one sitting.

That was back when Dr Who was Tom Baker. And then soon into Peter Davidson.....who, oddly enough, I actually liked as The 5th.

So, While I am not a big fan of AAF. I might run it, but Only if there were a light-weight framework that would allow the follower to engage with the player. Either by dialog or just activate based on whatever conditions. Any suggestions to run with Ivy? Maybe similar to Veronica in FONV but without the interruptions when Reds are on the radar? I won't be clicking through menus or anything like that. Not even sure I want the interruptions in my game as it is. I'd just like to see how they can integrate if possible.

3 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

You cant do this at "runtime", change the voicetype on an actor. And even if you could, it would mean Reg would have to duplicate EVERY line of dialogue in the mod, one for each voicetype, so that it could accommodate the change without breaking things - no two users would likely do things in the same way, so every line would NEED to be duplicated to cover all bases.

However, that is a moot point since you cannot change a voicetype at runtime, aside from forcing an actor into a new reference alias (which would break Ivy tremendously since then, it would no longer reference her in the original alias) or, you'd have to swap out the NPC robot-voiced Ivy for a human-voiced NPC version of her, but that too introduces elements that cannot be played with at runtime, especially as relates to script properties and any applied keywords/factions/actor values, etc.

Yes, I know some will say, but what about Curie? True... Curie was *built* with two voice types, defined in reference aliases. And she can be swapped from handy to human during her quest. But its all done with aliases that have been built that way since the beginning, in terms of scripting and dialogue.

Its not feasible for Reg to do this now, when Ivy has always been a single alias, right from the start. Far easier to say it cannot be done at runtime and leave it at that.

And I refuse to believe, no matter how long it has been since I or anyone else has heard from Chic, that she will never come back...

I understand...well, not really. This modding stuff is like a foreign language to me. But I get that it would mean starting from the beginning all over again. It's hardly worth it. Thanks for explaining it.

9 hours ago, bishlapped said:

So, While I am not a big fan of AAF. I might run it, but Only if there were a light-weight framework that would allow the follower to engage with the player. Either by dialog or just activate based on whatever conditions. Any suggestions to run with Ivy? Maybe similar to Veronica in FONV but without the interruptions when Reds are on the radar? I won't be clicking through menus or anything like that. Not even sure I want the interruptions in my game as it is. I'd just like to see how they can integrate if possible.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the current Sex framework (NOT to be ungrateful). I use AAF with Sex em up. Set a hotkey, activate = Profit. I do have a small load bit (Like a Player.moveto Player command) I use it here and there, Not nearly as much as Sexlab for Skyrim. WHEN I play oldrim anymore

14 hours ago, Rampdog said:

Sorry If I haven't been keeping up on everything that has happened in the thread but did we loose ChicGeek from the project? I noticed she hasn't been active on this site since July so did something happen?

BTW I think I found the perfect shirt for Ivy. I got the bandana a while back on Nexus from "Ahegao Bandana - With Glowing Effects" by Shademzu, but the other day I got the shirt in "Vtaw Wardrobe 4" by vtaw. To me that bandana and shirt just scream Ivy. Anyway this is a picky of it (and a close-up) on the Goddess Ivy while she was being a Glowing Sea gladiatrix today. Also we are not just wearing bandanas to try and look bad-ass, I modded them to "Radaway Soaked" and so they replace the need to use ugly Hazmat suits (not that Ivy even needs that but still...).

FO4_Ivy_GlowingSea.png.19b6aca46bc709c4826f31c630760a18.png

FO4_Ivy_GlowingSea_2.png.27bb26027a723d31c90736977591a99d.png

17 hours ago, Rampdog said:

I looked into the idea when Chic came on board but it was quite difficult to make happen.

If at one point it becomes utterly clear that Chic will not be a part of this project any longer, perhaps we can set up a crowd fund to simply get a different awesome voice actress for Ivy. It would be a hard choice to make, but it is an option on the table among many. While playing with the robot voice I feel that Ivy simply deserves better than that. If not for the simple reason that others seem to have found her specific voice and are making companions using that as well. Before long you won't know if it's Ivy or another companion speaking in videos. So imo her voice should be unique.

The best case scenario is simply that Chic drops me a line and says "I was busy. Here's all the lines I recorded for 5.0."

Another great/best scenario would be that Chic drops me a line and says "Sorry for the delays, I'll start recording now."

Interlude 5

18 days 15 hours 29 minutes 57

When Ivy woke up she felt strange.
"Hello master. I feel strange today. As if I'm missing parts of my memory. Did you perform my diagnostics today?"
"Deborah? Are you there?", Ruben asked.
"Who is Deborah? Is she a friend?", Ivy asked.
"Who are you then? If you're not Deborah!?", Ruben asked in frustration.
"I'm the NX-2C Pleasure Bot, at your service, but you can call me Ivy.", she said.
"Ivy?", Ruben asked.
"Yes?", Ivy asked.

"Where did you get that name?", he demanded.
"I like it so I decided that it's my name."
"Do you want to have sex with me now? Or shall I activate my regular customer routines?", Ivy asked.

"No... not with you.", Ruben said.
"NX-2C Command Override Shutdown".
Ivy's head sagged as her body shut down.

Ruben looked at the thing he had created and sank to his knees.
"I have killed you and I will never forgive myself for it."

75464130_3242318275784481_2941673042910117888_n.jpg.fe2f91958f5b4a5d153ec3de4385e293.jpg

12 hours ago, Runco990 said:

So I decided to run through the Crater of Atom with Ivy.  In typical Ivy fashion she says this place is making her horny in a weird way and wants to run a round naked, "may I?"

And damn-it...  no response dialogue for yes or no.  Missed opportunity??

Hey Reginald,  that was aimed at you.  Ivy asks if she can run around naked, but no option to allow or deny it.  Is that something you missed?  Or can that still be added....  since she ASKS the player?  I actually wondered why you'd put that in without some action attached.

That gave me the chills...

21 minutes ago, Runco990 said:

Hey Reginald,  that was aimed at you.  Ivy asks if she can run around naked, but no option to allow or deny it.  Is that something you missed?  Or can that still be added....  since she ASKS the player?  I actually wondered why you'd put that in without some action attached.

That gave me the chills...

She is being rhetorical. :P 

But tbh, that line was created all the way back then in 2017 when I started on her and I had no idea yet how to create such interactions. There was a script attached initially where she undressed, but that borked her weapon so it was removed in 4.0. then the line just stuck around. You can roleplay it easily by engaging her trade menu and undressing her tho. ;)

Ah... that splains it.  I figured you must have had some thought behind that originally.

But you see how Ivy spoils us....  you just expect her to have that autonomy.  I thought it was cute that she asks, but was disappointed that she has no choice interaction beyond that.

Like "Aww... really?"  "Is reginald slipping up?"

You have created a monster....  now live with it!  LOL!

@soldier_sun   I too use the 4th gen synth body. Thanks for the reply 

DUUUUUUUUDE! Gave me chills!!!!

Sadly, I cannot help with being a new VA (IF it came to that) It would be obviously a man trying to do a girl's voice and MAY kill the mood for most(? it's LL i'm not gonna judge)  

IF we had to Crowdsource count me in. But like most here I'm still rooting for the Return of Chic

I looked into the idea when Chic came on board but it was quite difficult to make happen.

If at one point it becomes utterly clear that Chic will not be a part of this project any longer, perhaps we can set up a crowd fund to simply get a different awesome voice actress for Ivy. It would be a hard choice to make, but it is an option on the table among many. While playing with the robot voice I feel that Ivy simply deserves better than that. If not for the simple reason that others seem to have found her specific voice and are making companions using that as well. Before long you won't know if it's Ivy or another companion speaking in videos. So imo her voice should be unique.

The best case scenario is simply that Chic drops me a line and says "I was busy. Here's all the lines I recorded for 5.0."

Another great/best scenario would be that Chic drops me a line and says "Sorry for the delays, I'll start recording now."

I get it... content creation, completionism and having a uniform end-user experience. But... I have to be that person. The one who says it.

I don't know that I like the idea, at all, of Chic being replaced. Actually, no. I know that I really don't love this idea at all.

I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it would absolutely break her heart, regardless of the reasons for her absence. :(

43 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I get it... content creation, completionism and having a uniform end-user experience. But... I have to be that person. The one who says it.

I don't know that I like the idea, at all, of Chic being replaced. Actually, no. I know that I really don't love this idea at all.

I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it would absolutely break her heart, regardless of the reasons for her absence. :(

HER Heart?  It's breaking MY heart at the thought of Ivy loosing her beautiful, sultry voice!

I just cannot believe that ANYONE, in this day and age of being so connected to the world, ESPECIALLY a WOMAN, who practically comes attached to a phone and social media today, would not even LOOK at this thread or make SOME comment.

It's practically unheard of!  Chic would have to be on a deserted island without a sat phone these days to NOT be in some form of touch.  People just don't DO this today.

Seriously, I am just utterly baffled.  Even the Amish have a phone today.

7 hours ago, Runco990 said:

HER Heart?  It's breaking MY heart at the thought of Ivy loosing her beautiful, sultry voice!

I just cannot believe that ANYONE, in this day and age of being so connected to the world, ESPECIALLY a WOMAN, who practically comes attached to a phone and social media today, would not even LOOK at this thread or make SOME comment.

It's practically unheard of!  Chic would have to be on a deserted island without a sat phone these days to NOT be in some form of touch.  People just don't DO this today.

Seriously, I am just utterly baffled.  Even the Amish have a phone today.

Nah, I can see it being quite feasible in various benign ways.
I almost accidentally disappeared from here for weeks, nearly a month or so. If I were more occupied, I could easily vanish altogether for months from LL at least, if not some others.

Ultimately, we're all waiting and seeing what happens.

Is the HyperCombat thing for Ivy optional? Mainly to make sure that it doesnt make combat too easy since Bethseda doesnt do a good job of making combat challenging enough *cough, cough..Skyrim*  Anyhow...Ivy ranks as one of my top 4 companions along with Jade Greene, Piper and Heather Casdin. Being able to SLM Ivy's appearance is a huuuuge bonus! Not to mention her hilariously filthy dialogue!

3 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Is the HyperCombat thing for Ivy optional? Mainly to make sure that it doesnt make combat too easy since Bethseda doesnt do a good job of making combat challenging enough *cough, cough..Skyrim*  Anyhow...Ivy ranks as one of my top 4 companions along with Jade Greene, Piper and Heather Casdin. Being able to SLM Ivy's appearance is a huuuuge bonus! Not to mention her hilariously filthy dialogue!

HyperCombat is fully configurable. You can turn it on/off and tweak properties and individual attack types. It's become quite an elaborate system that's fully configurable. All is explained in game through help files and hints and tips.

8 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Nah, I can see it being quite feasible in various benign ways.
I almost accidentally disappeared from here for weeks, nearly a month or so. If I were more occupied, I could easily vanish altogether for months from LL at least, if not some others.

Ultimately, we're all waiting and seeing what happens.

Weeeelllll..... yeah, you can vanish from a forum for months....  I have...

But Chic actually had a project to do.   So there is that little something about personal responsibility.

I work for myself, if I pulled that stunt, I'd be on the street today.  I HAVE had emergencies and setbacks, but at least I let my customer base KNOW, and they were ok with that.

In some cases I had a backlog of a YEAR!!  But letting people know what was going on, most were cool with that, because (and I am truly flattered) my work and work ethic was worth the wait.  And all it took was a short line here and there, just to put people's minds at ease.

Anyhow.... whatever.  I do think it's a crappy way to handle this.  It better be a REALLY compelling reason to go totally silent, especially if you made promises before.

I do know that I love Ivy as a game character and while Reginald's work is fantastic, Ivy just wouldn't be Ivy without Chic's voice.  At least not for me.

Remember, Ivy is a cyborg, not a robot.  She still has a human brain mixed in there, and as such her voice gives her that part of her stolen humanity back.  At least to me.

So yeah.... sadly a wait and see.  It's all we can do, but we can all agree it sucks.  Worse yet is that Reginald is now stuck in the middle of all this, though I'm quite sure NOBODY here blames him in the slightest for any of this.  How could he have known this would happen.

1 hour ago, Runco990 said:

my customer base

We're not customers though. Neither Chick or Reg were paid as far as I know. I even remember back in this topic that Reg refused donations because he didn't like the expectations it comes with.

Yeah, I really want Chick to finish Ivy. But we don't know what's holding her. Life happen, people's priorities change. Maybe a heads up would've been cool, but we really don't know what's going on.

When Reg decided to go no porn he still decided to continue developing Ivy. But if he had chosen not to and just disappeared for the sake of his mental health. It would have been100% his right and we wouldn't be entitled to anything.

On one hand I do agree wholeheartedly with @Flashy (JoeR) I mean HELL I didn't even know about Ivy till Chic posted about her on youtube. and as far as I'm concerned she IS Ivy's voice. I couldn't imagine Ivy with out it. Just the right blend of Playful, cute, and sultry. 

But on the other hand there comes a time when you have to move on. If the person no longer wants a part in something or simply cannot be apart of it that is fine. In my real life world struggle with anxiety so bad I don't know IF i'd be able to drop out of such a project, as it stands this is really the ONLY place I am active.

End of the day, we are only speculating on what's going on

36 minutes ago, SpinX said:

100% his right and we wouldn't be entitled to anything.

I agree 100% 2nd ending note is this is still a free mod. a labor of love that is still completely free to us. Chic's involvement is no different, She graced us with a voice for Ivy. She owes us nothing more. Yes, a "Sorry, I'm out:" would be nice, But she doesn't owe it to us. So, I'm just gonna sit back and watch the countdown and hope somewhere IRL Chic is OK, whether or not she returns. And If she does, We'll throw a huge digital party for her