Hello all,

I've got back to modding Fallout 4 recently and found this gem of a mod a week ago. Love it so far and would like to incorporate Ivy in my playthrough, which I was planning to start this weekend. But now I read that there will be new version coming a week from now (if I'm correct), which won't be compatible with 4.0.

So I wonder, if I could install 5.0 mid playthrough and if so, how much content I would lose because of this? Also, will she still have that wonderful voiceacting? I saw in recent video found in one of the posts that 5.0 Ivy had robotic voice. Finally, how much more content will there be actually? Maybe I should just stay with 4.0?

58 minutes ago, lt5ive said:

Hello all,

I've got back to modding Fallout 4 recently and found this gem of a mod a week ago. Love it so far and would like to incorporate Ivy in my playthrough, which I was planning to start this weekend. But now I read that there will be new version coming a week from now (if I'm correct), which won't be compatible with 4.0.

So I wonder, if I could install 5.0 mid playthrough and if so, how much content I would lose because of this? Also, will she still have that wonderful voiceacting? I saw in recent video found in one of the posts that 5.0 Ivy had robotic voice. Finally, how much more content will there be actually? Maybe I should just stay with 4.0?

Awesome! I'm glad you like the mod!

This was discussed just 11 posts above. :)

The best thing you can do is wait for the 5.0. release.

As my first post on here, I gotta say that I'm in love with Ivy.

I originally installed her in a save where I sided with the Institute and liked her, but absolutely fell in love on a new game (although I wanted to do a BoS run, but she convinced me otherwise).

I can't wait until 5.0 comes out.

In 4.0 Ivy has a few things she says abut the various factions, none of which she truly cares for. Raiders and Gunners? Shoot them in the head. It's readily apparent she doesn't care for the Railroad even though they help synths. Ivy seems to view them as bumbling amateurs who are successful in spite of themselves. She makes no bones about her hatred of the Brotherhood of Steel. To her  they are nothing more than Nazis. She seems to like the Institute, or at least the cleanliness of it. As for the Minutemen, she seems to tolerate them as one does a spoiled idiot child. Will she expand on that or maybe even favor one in 5.0?

38 minutes ago, Rampdog said:

In 4.0 Ivy has a few things she says abut the various factions, none of which she truly cares for. Raiders and Gunners? Shoot them in the head. It's readily apparent she doesn't care for the Railroad even though they help synths. Ivy seems to view them as bumbling amateurs who are successful in spite of themselves. She makes no bones about her hatred of the Brotherhood of Steel. To her  they are nothing more than Nazis. She seems to like the Institute, or at least the cleanliness of it. As for the Minutemen, she seems to tolerate them as one does a spoiled idiot child. Will she expand on that or maybe even favor one in 5.0?

That is done by design. In 5.0 her hatred for the brotherhood is a bit more apparent, and there are some things the player can do wrong. But Ivy judges you always for the way you treat her. If you're honest with her from the beginning all is good. If you're looking for trouble, be dishonest with her and see where it takes your adventurous heart. :)

2 hours ago, JMccovery said:

As my first post on here, I gotta say that I'm in love with Ivy.

I originally installed her in a save where I sided with the Institute and liked her, but absolutely fell in love on a new game (although I wanted to do a BoS run, but she convinced me otherwise).

I can't wait until 5.0 comes out.

Thanks for the kind words! And for registering to say them! :)

26 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

That is done by design. In 5.0 her hatred for the brotherhood is a bit more apparent, and there are some things the player can do wrong. But Ivy judges you always for the way you treat her. If you're honest with her from the beginning all is good. If you're looking for trouble, be dishonest with her and see where it takes your adventurous heart. :)

NICE

Development Update

I have one more full day of development tomorrow, then Saturday morning I'm packing a test release to the test team, together with instructions, then one week later, full release here on LL. Today was a fruitful day and I got a lot of things done. Ivy's teleport systems have been tweaked further, she now takes the player's sneaking status into account. When sneaking, the teleportation effects are less pronounced, the sounds softer, and the crowds do not react, enemies are not alerted to her presence (unless she teleports in too closely). Teleportation in stealth mode has a penalty: Ivy remains in 'The Void' longer, because it takes more power to teleport with stealth mode enabled.

Enemies now react fully to her teleportation systems (they ignored it completely before) and are alerted to it (when the player is not sneaking).

I finally got Ivy's random interactions scenes to work, @Flashy (JoeR) 's help yesterday really was priceless, I feel like I've 'leveled up' in mod design and finally grasp how aliases work and how to get things really working well in the engine. And that I can finally go back to a shitload of unfinished quests that I never got to work, that are now working flawlessly with all their scripts removed in just simple scenes and packages..  What this all means is that if the player is eating a corpse and Ivy is hungry, well she might just join in on the feast.. If the player is picking flowers, she might just go and find flowers for herself to pick. And if she sees an interesting person, she might just go talk to them.

image.png.8457bdfce49fb10a87cff91111b8fa0c.png

Let me just say I love this mod.  Easily the best Companion out there.

That being said, i'm sad that I cannot use it anymore.  It's lack of compatibility with XDI and AFT have forced me to have to set it aside.

AFT is not a requirement, although its very nice to have, I could technically live without it.

XDI however, is just too important when using a lot of additional Questing mods out there.  Without XDI you just miss too much functionality and Full Dialogue Interface is simply too outdated and causes a lot of bugs in your game due to its outdated files (mainly CC related).

I hope this gets fixed in the future as I would love to be able to revisit this mod and play with it again.  I will keep tabs on 5.0, hopefully this will be viable for me.

Development Update

Some last minute changes to make sure Ivy has no overrides whatsoever in the regular follower system caused me a lot of headaches today, but I pulled through. I'm rebuilding her hacking system from scratch, with a few new rules...

Ivy can hack all types of terminals (even master).

Ivy will be able to hack terminals from a distance once players have an unlock level for that perk AND a Robotics Expert perk.

So if the player has advanced unlock perk, Ivy can unlock Advanced terminals from a distance, but expert and master terminals will need physical presence.

I just got the 'excelsior' moment and I still have quite some logic to build and test in there, but it's looking good for the test build release.. uhh.. yeah.. tomorrow.. so yeah.. It might not be 'early' in the morning, more like 'late in my evening' hahaha.. :)

But we're getting there!!

ScreenShot1028.jpg.c55f082800c101f0f6c30bcc8ea61fbc.jpg

21 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Awesome! I'm glad you like the mod!

This was discussed just 11 posts above. :)

The best thing you can do is wait for the 5.0. release.

Great, but if I would install 5.0 after, for example, bringing Preston and the bunch from museum to sanctuary, would it break something (like Ivy's quest or something)? I wouldn't want to meet her before that anyway (immersion thing... I want to let my char see wth happened to the world and get his shit together after losing a wife and a child, before meeting someone that extreme :) )

Also what about that voice acting? Will 5.0 feature Chic Geek's wonderful voice acting? I'm asking, since few teaser clips that I found you've posted had Ivy talking in robot voice.

Lastly, in the description I can only find Chic Geek's Patreon link. Is there anyway I can support your awesome work?

@lt5ive As far as I know, Ivy will not break main quests, I will be testing when that build releases. You do you on when you meet her. My Head canon has always been "Umm... OK I'll look after you for now." that later turns into love.

As has been all over this thread, Chic is MIA. She went Dark sometime in July. so for the release Ivy 5.0 will ONLY have the robo voice.

I played with Robo voice last night. Took about an hour to get used to (I've only ever used Chic voice) Robo is Charming in it's own way. Ivy is still Ivy, I'm just pretending her voice box is on the fritz again.

As of time of writing we are going to give it some more time for Chic to make her glorious return to us. If not another VA may be considered 

57 minutes ago, lt5ive said:

Great, but if I would install 5.0 after, for example, bringing Preston and the bunch from museum to sanctuary, would it break something (like Ivy's quest or something)? I wouldn't want to meet her before that anyway (immersion thing... I want to let my char see wth happened to the world and get his shit together after losing a wife and a child, before meeting someone that extreme :) )

You can recruit Ivy at any point in the game, but she shines best when played from the very beginning.

Also what about that voice acting? Will 5.0 feature Chic Geek's wonderful voice acting? I'm asking, since few teaser clips that I found you've posted had Ivy talking in robot voice.

See the announcement about ChicGeek at the previous page (or the one before that) you can't miss it.

Lastly, in the description I can only find Chic Geek's Patreon link. Is there anyway I can support your awesome work?

I don't take any donations, but thank you very much for offering!

1 hour ago, Runco990 said:

"Modem sounds"

Dear God, THAT brings me back..... :joy:

I actually recall School having Computer labs where it was a classroom full of TRS80III PCs (The old Radio Shack PC that fallout modeled after)

TRS-80 Model 3 01.jpg

And these had modems that cradled the old round style POTS phone and hand sets.

You had to dial the number on your phone, once you heard the handshake, you'd put the receiver in the cradle.

Hoo boy.

45 minutes ago, bishlapped said:

I actually recall School having Computer labs where it was a classroom full of TRS80III PCs (The old Radio Shack PC that fallout modeled after)

TRS-80 Model 3 01.jpg

And these had modems that cradled the old round style POTS phone and hand sets.

You had to dial the number on your phone, once you heard the handshake, you'd put the receiver in the cradle.

Hoo boy.

I OWNED one of those.... WITH the external 15 MEGABYTE Hard drive!!!  It had a KEY to write protect it!!

The HD was belt driven!

Reg.... maybe leave PART of the sound in?  So much of Fallout is retro anyway...

But whatever you decide is cool regardless.  Ivy is.... an experience....