Race Support Requests

On 11/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, RagnaBlade said:

Sucks to hear about that, But I can understand them being disheartened especially if it was laborious to get as far as they did. Curious as to the other races you mentioned as well. Like Would you give me a brief summery of what each of those are like?

It's mostly stuff from SBG races and Elithian races, but Indix and Shadows (EP's Shadow Expansion) are standalone and Aryan is from Iron Sky, which is a satire mod about nazis in space that keeps getting deleted.

On 11/26/2020 at 12:55 PM, C'tans and big magnets said:

Deerfolk and Taurikin could be interesting too

Absolutely not. 

We've learned that anything with more than 2 legs absolutely DOES NOT WORK. At all.

It's not a permission problem here, mind you. It's a spiriting problem.

4 hours ago, C'tans and big magnets said:

then i think i have no idea what the point is, my man

Now I might just be talking out of my ass but I think the main issue is that this would require a whole new set of animations, as the existing ones are the ones you see in the UI during sex, but you only see the one that are scelectable during intercourse. the other thing is sprite positioning which, for NPC's is all the same, which is what the images you see in each pose on the UI represent. that and NPC's and Monsters have their own scripting, though I have yet to delve to deep into each of their respective codes to know what said differences are. But I think the main issue lies with the scripts, and how they're both coded. Anyway, I'll let someone who knows more ont he subject than I do to elaborate further. But I hope this gives you an Idea.

44 minutes ago, RagnaBlade said:

Now I might just be talking out of my ass but I think the main issue is that this would require a whole new set of animations, as the existing ones are the ones you see in the UI during sex, but you only see the one that are scelectable during intercourse. the other thing is sprite positioning which, for NPC's is all the same, which is what the images you see in each pose on the UI represent. that and NPC's and Monsters have their own scripting, though I have yet to delve to deep into each of their respective codes to know what said differences are. But I think the main issue lies with the scripts, and how they're both coded. Anyway, I'll let someone who knows more ont he subject than I do to elaborate further. But I hope this gives you an Idea.

Alright now listen, here's the story
About a little guy that lives in a sprite world
And all day and all night
And everything he sees is just png's

Like him, inside and outside.

That is to say: There isn't a particular problem for DRAWING said quadruped races in Sexbound, but there are limitations regarding them when it comes to working properly.
Not only are we talking about expanding the animation sheet, which causes some issues by itself, for these larger races, you're talking about completely unique animations that likely would be incompatible with clothings, condoms, etc, and the issue that the head position is not something we alter when making a support. All race's heads are in the same position.

The drop in quality that a support creator would need to do to achieve a working support would be ridiculous and basically not worthwhile, and that is simply quadruped races. Not to mention even more complex races like Arachne.

If in Sexbound, a support creator could define custom offsets for their race only, this would be easily doable, but as is, offsets are something that goes into a very strict file, or an object, neither of which are race specific.

3 hours ago, InsertSomethingNameHere said:

Hello, i am not sure if it has been asked before because i didn't want to look though 28 pages of stuff, but is the slime race planned to have support eventually?

Literally on the first page of the starbound downloads section. Also should have found it easily with a simple search "Sexbound slime race". People seem to forget that posting something in a watched topic is the same as a @here in Discord, and you just pinged/sent update alerts to 101 people.

20 hours ago, red3dred said:

Alright now listen, here's the story
About a little guy that lives in a sprite world
And all day and all night
And everything he sees is just png's

Like him, inside and outside.

That is to say: There isn't a particular problem for DRAWING said quadruped races in Sexbound, but there are limitations regarding them when it comes to working properly.
Not only are we talking about expanding the animation sheet, which causes some issues by itself, for these larger races, you're talking about completely unique animations that likely would be incompatible with clothings, condoms, etc, and the issue that the head position is not something we alter when making a support. All race's heads are in the same position.

The drop in quality that a support creator would need to do to achieve a working support would be ridiculous and basically not worthwhile, and that is simply quadruped races. Not to mention even more complex races like Arachne.

If in Sexbound, a support creator could define custom offsets for their race only, this would be easily doable, but as is, offsets are something that goes into a very strict file, or an object, neither of which are race specific.

aaaaahhhh, i see now

so that's why arachne was dropped

but it's not impossible, then, just absurdly hard

On 12/2/2020 at 9:36 AM, lindazana said:

Literally on the first page of the starbound downloads section. Also should have found it easily with a simple search "Sexbound slime race". People seem to forget that posting something in a watched topic is the same as a @here in Discord, and you just pinged/sent update alerts to 101 people.

Alright my bad, i am a moron that does not know how to use a site properly and the fact that i am probably going to ping once again 101 people for admitting the fact that i am a moron lmao

20 minutes ago, kedrynyukine said:

hey guys, I just wanted to know if the pony race support is still up, if you got permition from the author and stuff, though I understand it might be a pain to make whole new sprites since they are not humanoid

Nope, multiple reasons. Not only are they non-standard but also completely denied, to an extreme, by the race maintainer/creator. Unless you don't mean the Pony Modpack of C0bra5. Then you gotta specify, since that's the first and main result i see when i look it (Pony) up on the workshop.

Out of curiosity: Does anyone know if there's an SxB patch for Kyterrans yet? I've been trying my hand at it, but since it's pretty intense work I wanna make sure I'm not just re-treading someone's steps xD

It's a pretty recent race, and it doesn't conform to humanoid standards, so I doubt anyone has tried it. But I think it could be done! The author permits free use of assets and the creation of addons without the need for permission, so it's just a matter of whether someone beat me to it or not ^^

23 minutes ago, Wigglebutt said:

Out of curiosity: Does anyone know if there's an SxB patch for Kyterrans yet?

To my understanding, there hasn't been a SxB patch for the Kyterrans, along with any other bee/wasp race in that matter (such as the Vespoids and HiveWasps).  However, I recall Alastor was working on Vespoid support at some point.  However, even if that support were to be released, it wouldn't help your case other then maybe using it as a reference. >-<

I wish I could at the very least help you on the coding side of things, but I just tend to browse this forum.  No idea how to code SxB support.  ;v;

8 minutes ago, Natural Aura said:

To my understanding, there hasn't been a SxB patch for the Kyterrans, along with any other bee/wasp race in that matter (such as the Vespoids and HiveWasps).  However, I recall Alastor was working on Vespoid support at some point.  However, even if that support were to be released, it wouldn't help your case other then maybe using it as a reference. >-<

I wish I could at the very least help you on the coding side of things, but I just tend to browse this forum.  No idea how to code SxB support.  ;v;

This is already helping! I know there's at least a Saturnian patch around here somewhere, and from what I can tell the modding side of things seems pretty straightforward once I'm done with these animations ^^

So with any luck it's just a matter of time before there'll be a Kyterran patch!

It's pretty demanding work though, because the only bodypart that matches with other races is their hecking arms xD
Every other bodypart and movement needs to be animated from scratch. The SxB patch templates are only a rough point of reference where bodyparts should connect to, so beyond that I'm on my own! Not to mention that the legs are digitigrade, and there's a big ol' abdomen bouncing around everywhere. 
The only plus side is that the Kyterrans are gender neutral, so the animations are the same regardless of gender.

5 hours ago, Wigglebutt said:

I know there's at least a Saturnian patch

I'll be honest, didn't consider mentioning the Saturnians... for some reason.  Suppose because there similarities with practically every race is slim.  Though they do have that abdomen working for them.  Good to here that things are progressing well for you!  ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering, is Novali (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386730092) supported yet? I'm a newbie dummy and haven't found a support.
Also, any word on Skelekin (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=802291314)? It might not make sense for a skeleton,
but considering it's a race, why not an ecto-dong?

Sorry for the bother, I'd been searching for, like, 2 hours. F.  ?

58 minutes ago, PleaseDon'tJudgeMe,I'mDumb said:

I was wondering, is Novali (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386730092) supported yet? I'm a newbie dummy and haven't found a support.
Also, any word on Skelekin (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=802291314)? It might not make sense for a skeleton,
but considering it's a race, why not an ecto-dong?

Sorry for the bother, I'd been searching for, like, 2 hours. F.  ?

Not sure about Novali, would have to ask Tiramisu, but Skelekin is made by Skittles, and thus is allowed. Not made yet though. Had someone working on that, but time is a commodity some have little of, sadly.