10 hours ago, Krh said:

Yay, update!

Meh, no Embry continuation.

Jarl's Wife involved vanilla quests quite heavily - by design, I gather. The story itself was interesting. There were some technical mishaps such as enemies spawning as non-hostile and just swaying there in combat stance instead of fighting. A few encounters were quite heavy-handed for a character under level 20.

Reveal hidden contents

Personally, I disliked having to join the Dark Brotherhood. Avenicci's "ha ha ha I'm so funny" was clumsy and out of character for the seriousness of the situation. Some small sidequest to pry information out of an underworld figure would be so much better than Dark Brotherhood - even better if pervy, since the quest itself has little erotic content for the PC.

Ending was disappointing. I had a look at the thing with TESVEdit in case I had missed something, and it seems only male characters can become the Jarl's lover. Meh.

Cloud District missed the mark for me. It's supposed to be funny and it's not (subjective, I know). Your character essentially goes full psychopath and ruins a man's life because he's a pompous ass. Well, okay, I'll admit the crab scene was funny. But still, this is some evil shit we're doing here and it seems way out of proportion.

The Bully lacked punch. I can appreciate the technical achievements like setting up the bookstore (and that's actually useful, gamewise), but this is just basic questing. Bring her 1000 gold for... reasons, I guess. 20 books? Uhh... um, okay. You just sit on your ass reading and I'll do everything for you, Saffron or whatever your name was. Just like every vanilla NPC in every game ever. While the look at this couple's financial situation was interesting, I felt the whole thing lacked a proper hook for the PC.

Didn't touch the Companions, still, so half of this update was in the "not for me" section. Fair enough.

All in all, 2.0 is a notable tone shift from 1.X. No getting blackmailed, tricked or used. No worries about upholding a respectable reputation. Just questing and the occasional random sex romp, if one so chooses. I was expecting something nastier, but the fault is mine for having had expectations at all. Carry on and thanks for sharing.

Do NOT touch the companions unless you want the whole chain to be bugged for you

Regarding the Jarl’s Wife quest:

How do I confront the Whispering Lady? After talking to Nelkir and getting the key, I opened the door and got the sword with Mephala greeting me. But the quest itself didn’t progress and I tried talking to the NPCs. Do I really need to charge the sword by killing a friend?

1 hour ago, Highborn said:

Regarding the Jarl’s Wife quest:

Hide contents

How do I confront the Whispering Lady? After talking to Nelkir and getting the key, I opened the door and got the sword with Mephala greeting me. But the quest itself didn’t progress and I tried talking to the NPCs. Do I really need to charge the sword by killing a friend?

Activate the door (even if it's open)

I made a clean save by unticking DI from my load order, loading up the game and making a new save, before ticking the mod again. I hope the quests I've already done haven't reset themselves but I have a feeling they did. Does anyone know how to find out the number of quest stages for quests?

1 hour ago, vinfamy said:

Activate the door (even if it's open)

Thanks, it worked. All I needed to do was check the quest mark on the map.

Btw, I am receiving a CTD when

Gjukar’s spirit gives his sword. Any ideas of what could be triggering this? I didn’t have any problem besides that.

4 hours ago, JerseyWalrus said:

I made a clean save by unticking DI from my load order, loading up the game and making a new save, before ticking the mod again. I hope the quests I've already done haven't reset themselves but I have a feeling they did. Does anyone know how to find out the number of quest stages for quests?

Doing a clean save by its very nature resets all of a mod's progress, altho you may want to use a save cleaner after making the "clean" save to remove old script fragments that Skyrim includes in your save files.  The purpose is usually to remove all of the old data of a mod so that it doesn't cause bugs with a newer version (some mods need this to be done every update, some mods work fine without it, it depends on how the mod is built/updated).

You can see how many stages a quest has by looking up the quest name (for this mod they are all di_quest_XXXX I believe, help di_quest in console should show them) and typing the following in console:

player.sqs questname

This should print out each stage of a quest in console and if has been completed or not (1 for completed, 0 for not).

9 minutes ago, leyre said:

Has anyone been able to figure how to romance jon?

I've never gone that route, but I believe if you can get to the point where Jon and Olfina are living together in Solitude Jon's father will put out a Dark Brotherhood contract on Olfina.  I think you need to be a member of the Dark Brotherhood and accept the contract from Nazir.  I assume that route ends with the option of romancing Jon.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

Hide contents

I've never gone that route, but I believe if you can get to the point where Jon and Olfina are living together in Solitude Jon's father will put out a Dark Brotherhood contract on Olfina.  I think you need to be a member of the Dark Brotherhood and accept the contract from Nazir.  I assume that route ends with the option of romancing Jon.

I kinda expected something like that, sigh, i hate the god damn DBH

5 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Reveal hidden contents

3 hours ago, leyre said:

I kinda expected something like that, sigh, i hate the god damn DBH

No need to kill Olfina yourself. Just wait enough for the contract to be fulfiled by another assassin then walk into the Winking Skeever.

Then if Jon survives in Whiterun, can him sometime and his speech check to move on will become progressively easier. Or you can help Illdi get with him.

Btw, it's not Jon's father who ordered the assassination .... He was as innocent as he insisted before his death. Just pickpocket our sweet bard lady.

played a little with the new version

Nazeem - i (personally) found it a good run and the crab is hilarious.  thinking about it a little (as i was playing) i figured there could be 2 reasons to do the quest

(depending on if the PC is evil or not).

1 - evil pc would do it for sh@ts and giggles anyway

2 - goody two shoes pc would do it to prevent him giving bad advice to the Jarl (if you talk to enough people in Whiterun you can discover that he is giving bad advice)

Bully - worked mostly for me, but is a noticeable shift from version 1, but still a good quest overall (imho).   i am both perverted and evil according to your mod so i did 

get the extra perverted dialogues, and did get an extra evil dialogue, leading to my question

after talking to Saffir using the evil dialogue i did the fast forward thing, waited over a week in game, then Amren comes up and asks for help. after helping him he and Saffir start having fun times at night. 

so was the the end of the interactions with those 2 or did i mess something up???

time to go try out the "Jarl's wife" quest now

anyway thanks for the update and hope to see more in the future

p.s. would you consider the possibility of doing something with Heimskr so he will STFU in a future update????

On 12/9/2017 at 2:42 PM, vinfamy said:

No need to kill Olfina yourself. Just wait enough for the contract to be fulfiled by another assassin then walk into the Winking Skeever.

Then if Jon survives in Whiterun, can him sometime and his speech check to move on will become progressively easier. Or you can help Illdi get with him.

Btw, it's not Jon's father who ordered the assassination .... He was as innocent as he insisted before his death. Just pickpocket our sweet bard lady.

I only have the persuade option to giving Illdi a chance. There isn't one for me to romance or hook up with Jon. Did I do something wrong?

9 minutes ago, leyre said:

Is there any command to complete the quest "Behind Bars" ? i forgot you needed to join the thieves guild and i have no intention to do so, i just want the quest to be completed

As in just get the quest out of your journal and leave the NPCs in whatever state the are?  

stopquest questname  I believe works, if not

player.sqs questname   - find the what the last stage # is

player.setstage questname stage#  

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

As in just get the quest out of your journal and leave the NPCs in whatever state the are?  

stopquest questname  I believe works, if not

player.sqs questname   - find the what the last stage # is

player.setstage questname stage#  

Im a lazy bastard, i got the answer for myself in like 5m lol

In case anyone is like me and his roleplaying character isnt going to join the TG, type this

setstage di_quest_behind 130

this will "complete" the "join the TG" part without you actually doing it and will give you the next part

after you have helped maven just type setstage di_quest_behind 200 since you cant talk to brynjolf without triggering his damn quest

sigh

ok played the "Jarl's Wife" questline. had some issues. details in spoiler, if you have not done the questline yet please do not read until after you have tried it.

had no problem getting the challenge to Irelith to fire.

gotta say i loved the "Thalmor Headquarters" part with my perverted/mean character.  that was a great romp.

Investigating the Grey-Mane house was not hard to do (but does require you to start a Vanilla quest, don't have to finish it, just starting it was enough to progress).

the problem i ran into is detailed below

this particular questline outright breaks my game.  played it a total of 6 times now (4 times on 1 save game and 2 on brand new game just to test that quest) split which way i went half and half (defying or following Mephala).

if i followed Mephala at the choice part Jarl Balgruff ends up dead - thus breaking my game because he is needed alive for a lot of stuff (vanilla and for other mods).

if i defy Mephala (thus saving Jarl Balgruff) i have a different issue.  the mod makes changes to a lot of other NPCs making them permanently hostile.  it changes anywhere from 9-30+ NPCs in this fashion (Mephala turns them against me i saw).  which would not be to bad if after the quest was over they were set back to not permanently hostile.  it takes a random selection of NPCs i have made friends with up to this point in the game and they are turned against me in this fashion (including merchants, current and potential followers, quest givers, quest NPCs, basically anyone i have a relationship rank of 3 or greater is fair game). they are constantly attacking me (3-4 at a time), and if i move far enough away to escape from the current set (or kill them) i get a new set of them showing up (teleported in from all over Skyrim).  after completing the quest they are still hostile and i cannot figure out how to make them not hostile (tried resetting their AI, recycling them, and without knowing which factions they are supposed to be in i cannot remove factions without breaking them that way).  one of the most common NPCs it does this to is Adrianna Avinicce (female blacksmith from Warmaidens) meaning i lose a merchant (and useful NPC for several other mods in my game) just by walking into Whiterun (if i don't kill her the gate guards do).

i do not know if this is intentional or a bug i have run into.

everything else this mod has ever done i could live with.  this single issue (at least on my setup) is the only thing i am going to have to make a choice about.

option 1 - just do not do the quest at all

option 2 - side with Mephala and have to do the "Civil War" questline at the same time (siding with the Stormcloaks)

option 3 - which is what i will end up doing is play it again part way thru (up until i have left Halted Stream Camp) then try various setstage commands to find the ones i need to use so that it thinks the quest is finished (with me siding with the Jarl and Irelith still alive).

even with this issue in the spoiler i ran into the story is great.  i will just have to make a manual adjustment along the way so that i can keep it going and enjoy all the rest of this great mod.

overall i do like the mod very much and will continue to use it.

7 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

sigh

ok played the "Jarl's Wife" questline. had some issues. details in spoiler, if you have not done the questline yet please do not read until after you have tried it.

Hide contents

had no problem getting the challenge to Irelith to fire.

gotta say i loved the "Thalmor Headquarters" part with my perverted/mean character.  that was a great romp.

Investigating the Grey-Mane house was not hard to do (but does require you to start a Vanilla quest, don't have to finish it, just starting it was enough to progress).

the problem i ran into is detailed below

this particular questline outright breaks my game.  played it a total of 6 times now (4 times on 1 save game and 2 on brand new game just to test that quest) split which way i went half and half (defying or following Mephala).

if i followed Mephala at the choice part Jarl Balgruff ends up dead - thus breaking my game because he is needed alive for a lot of stuff (vanilla and for other mods).

if i defy Mephala (thus saving Jarl Balgruff) i have a different issue.  the mod makes changes to a lot of other NPCs making them permanently hostile.  it changes anywhere from 9-30+ NPCs in this fashion (Mephala turns them against me i saw).  which would not be to bad if after the quest was over they were set back to not permanently hostile.  it takes a random selection of NPCs i have made friends with up to this point in the game and they are turned against me in this fashion (including merchants, current and potential followers, quest givers, quest NPCs, basically anyone i have a relationship rank of 3 or greater is fair game). they are constantly attacking me (3-4 at a time), and if i move far enough away to escape from the current set (or kill them) i get a new set of them showing up (teleported in from all over Skyrim).  after completing the quest they are still hostile and i cannot figure out how to make them not hostile (tried resetting their AI, recycling them, and without knowing which factions they are supposed to be in i cannot remove factions without breaking them that way).  one of the most common NPCs it does this to is Adrianna Avinicce (female blacksmith from Warmaidens) meaning i lose a merchant (and useful NPC for several other mods in my game) just by walking into Whiterun (if i don't kill her the gate guards do).

i do not know if this is intentional or a bug i have run into.

everything else this mod has ever done i could live with.  this single issue (at least on my setup) is the only thing i am going to have to make a choice about.

option 1 - just do not do the quest at all

option 2 - side with Mephala and have to do the "Civil War" questline at the same time (siding with the Stormcloaks)

option 3 - which is what i will end up doing is play it again part way thru (up until i have left Halted Stream Camp) then try various setstage commands to find the ones i need to use so that it thinks the quest is finished (with me siding with the Jarl and Irelith still alive).

even with this issue in the spoiler i ran into the story is great.  i will just have to make a manual adjustment along the way so that i can keep it going and enjoy all the rest of this great mod.

overall i do like the mod very much and will continue to use it.

Did you finished the whole quest? including finding the old lady in the wilds and taking the ebony blade to certain place?

48 minutes ago, leyre said:

Did you finished the whole quest? including finding the old lady in the wilds and taking the ebony blade to certain place?

yes i did

including the battle royal out there...the first time Irelith did the sacrifice thing, and if i protected both her and the Jarl she would live. if i tried to protect just the Jarl she kept ending up dead.  i got the sword from Gjukar (or however his name is spelled) to replace the "buried" Ebony Blade.

edit begins 

added mod list and load order for reference purposes

edit ends

i tend to think i am hitting a bug (possibly due to my specific mod load).  but felt it needed to be mentioned, in case someone else hits it also.

i know it was finished (after reading in the thread) because i actually saw Irelith and the Jarl afterwards having "fun times"

modlistandloadorder 12102017.7z

7 hours ago, leyre said:

Is there any command to complete the quest "Behind Bars" ? i forgot you needed to join the thieves guild and i have no intention to do so, i just want the quest to be completed

If console is not felt as an appropriate play-style, there are some mods out there to smoothen the guild quests a bit out.

Basically, you could try "Thieves Guild For Good Guys" http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84702 to give it a more acceptable spin.

If you prefer to mix in a more SexLab-oriented style you may look at WraithSlayer's https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1635-s

At least, that's what I'm doing in my current game ;)

@xyzxyz  - no you do not go to the Thalmor Embassy (Thalmor Headquarters inside the city of Solitude is actually a different location), and there are ways to

not even have to go there (Thalmor Headquarters).

the biggest part of my problem with the Jarl's Wife quest stem from my game being as heavily modded as it is.

i installed a new MO (not connected in any way with the main one i use for Skyrim) with a minimum install to test the mod again.  it worked (mostly).

i ended up losing a single npc (non-quest giver) on that run ...so it seems to be on my end.

for reference purposes if you have completed the Jarl's Wife quest and afterwards you think you may have hit the same issue (NPCs still hostile when they should not be),

first try going to a small interior cell and wait over 30 days (in game) to see if that fixes it (it might .. it did fix some of them for me on main game but not all).

if that does not work and you wish to see what i found that worked for my heavily modded game you can check the spoiler (PLEASE do not read if you have not done the

quest to completion yet).

i have played the Jarl's Wife quest a total of 9 times now (from start to full completion), and on every occasion i "turn against Mephala" i ended up with 1 or more (more every time i did the quest on main savegame (which is heavily modded).

i played around with the "setstage" command on a 10th run at the quest (while making a new save every time i was going to go through a load screen or have a section of the quest update totaling over 100 hard saves made so i could find something that worked for me).  i did discover there was literally ONLY 1 exact time i could use the "setstage" command to finish the quest without accidently restarting it and have it finish (without my setup causing a permanently hostile NPC who should not be).  if i used the "setstage" to early it restarts the quest, and if used to late i ended up with a hostile NPC (permanently).

the point i could do this (setstage to finish the quest) was after playing thru it normally all the way up until after the battle (right after i choose to defend the Jarl in his bedroom). After defending the Jarl and before leaving that room (his bedroom/dining room area where that battle just took place) i talked to Jarl Balgruff and the quest updated to telling me to find a way to break the curse and i should start at the College of Winterhold.  if i leave this area i kept ending up with a NPC that stayed hostile (even after fully completing the quest, and the reason i know it was fully completed was quest clearing out of journal and having talked to Irelith and witnessing her interaction with Jarl Balgruff at night after that), and if i tried to "setstage" it before that point i would end up with the quest "restarting".  i used the "setstage" command at that point to finish the quest by completing every stage past the one i was currently at (except 380 which was blank when i did the quest normally), and it worked ... quest completed with normal follow up stuff working right (as far as i can tell), and without the quest "restarting" and without any NPCs becoming permanently hostile.

hopefully this information helps someone somewhere along the way.

anyhow i still love the mod and wish to thank all who have contributed to it in any way.

On 12/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, xyzxyz said:

Do I really have to break in into the talmor embassy für the jarls wife quest?

On 12/11/2017 at 7:09 PM, valcon767 said:

@xyzxyz  - no you do not go to the Thalmor Embassy (Thalmor Headquarters inside the city of Solitude is actually a different location), and there are ways to

not even have to go there (Thalmor Headquarters).

Just in case XYZ meant something else... I did have to console the prostitute out of the embassy courtyard once when she spawned in the wrong place. The Pimp spawned outside both times but once I met him coming down the hill and had to go all the way up to find her. There might be something wrong with the spawn position or some factor moves her.