Mass Effect Andromeda for Haters

This needs more Benny Hill.

Holy crap!  I didn't think there was anyone left alive that remembered how freaking funny BH was!  I could not get enough of that wacky humor!  :D

Its Usually Only Us British People Are The Only Ones Who Actually Remember Him ..

Wierd, i have yet to see the drama that everyone is talking about.

There were none and "rule 8" doesn't say anything about "discussing racism" or "talking about racist people", but of course this is LL, with wonderfully vague community rules (e.g. "drama") which are open to any interpretations and with moderators who literally treat users like children at a kindergarden, with no respect whatsoever. If you object to anything they do, they literally slam the door in your face.

In one of my latest posts, I simply asked about how it was possible for a game looked this bad to get an approval from its producer. There weren't anything else in the message and they deleted it, obviously for reasons of "hate" and "drama", as there was no other explanation given.

So... I spent some time writing 2 long posts with impressions that I consider to be quite nonhate-y just to see the the thread locked and a new identical thread created instead. I mean - I don't see the point in locking one "hate" thread just to create a new one. Also I don't see how there can be any discussion when there are two designated places for "haters" and "fan-boys". Basically LL says - we don't care about Mass Effect, go to that corner to circle-jerk.

What would have been better was to create a new thread about Bioware and try to enforce separation of the discussions between the game and the studio. I guess I could copy/paste parts of my original posts in one of the two new threads, but I have no idea  which one will be the appropriate. After all - while I was sharing my unbiased opinion it was mostly negative so I have no idea where I should position myself. It is exactly like it was with FO4 and SSE - I still don't know if I should position myself as a hater or a fanboy because apparently no middle-ground option is allowed.

So instead I'm going to do a service to those who don't want to play the game but just want to know what it is about. This is based on a playthru videos that cover almost all of the main quest and some extracted audio files from the game. 

I'm not joking! There will be real spoilers ahead! You will not be able to un-remember this. 

Between ME2 and ME3 - there are "big organisations/benefactors" aware of the threat the Reapers pose to the future of humanity. They work together with a ME alternative of Elon Musk and the Andromeda Initiative is born. When they arrive they discover that the planets that were supposed to be life-friendly paradise no longer are. That's because ...

A civilization started to "teraform" the whole cluster, but for reasons yet unknown abandoned the effort. There is a lot of weather management going on in this game. But what the people saw back in the Milky Way using the lore breaking telescope magic was the planets while this effort was active. However the tools to "teraform" the cluster can be used for the opposite - to make the planets hostile to life. And this is what the baddie in the game - the Archon wants to do. He wants to use this as a weapon - similar to the Death Star, but instead of blowing up planets it will change their climate making them uninhabitable. He is doing that because ...

The Kett - the main alien faction in the game are ... husks. The way the Reapers did in ME OT - the Archon and the yet unknown organisation he serves, turns organic creatures into Kett. Except here it has a somewhat religious interpretation and is called exaltation. So the Archon wants to use "the vaults" - the weather-changing system, in order to blackmail the populations of the planets to be "exalted" - huskyfied.  When you arrive the main source for making Kett are the Angara - the cat looking creatures who are ...

... genetically created together will all the life forms that were supposed to inhabit the cluster - by the yet unknown race I mentioned in the beginning. 

In the meantime there is a new controversy forming around the love interest in this game. People are datamining the files of the game trying to find out who can bang whom, which sexual orientation gets the naked/sex scenes and which one doesn't. You can follow this here

Holy crap!  I didn't think there was anyone left alive that remembered how freaking funny BH was!  I could not get enough of that wacky humor!  :D

Its Usually Only Us British People Are The Only Ones Who Actually Remember Him ..

I have the 18 disc, 58-episode Complete MegaSet of 585 sketches...20 years of Benny Hill. I keep it with my Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Faulty Towers, and Black Adder collections... :D .

Now then. As for Mass Defect: Assdromeda, created by Bileware for Electronic Arse; After a few gameplay videos and numerous topics ranging from racist/sexist issues to money-grubbing schemes, I am seriously hoping that the fanbase actually gets a clue. Small hope that they'll use whatever braincells they can call their own to boycott this kind of garbage that pollutes the gaming industry. I mean...$40 million? And this is the best they could come up with?!?!

I think it was more $64 million.  Witcher 3 cost $53 million.

Fun Fact: CDProjektRed made over 7000 animations in less than a year for the Witcher3 Blood & Wine DLC.  Bioware had 5 years to make Andromeda and they recycled some animations from DA:Inquisition...and the new ones they made suck cock.

I have the 18 disc, 58-episode Complete MegaSet of 585 sketches...20 years of Benny Hill. I keep it with my Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Faulty Towers, and Black Adder collections... :D .

Now then. As for Mass Defect: Assdromeda, created by Bileware for Electronic Arse; After a few gameplay videos and numerous topics ranging from racist/sexist issues to money-grubbing schemes, I am seriously hoping that the fanbase actually gets a clue. Small hope that they'll use whatever braincells they can call their own to boycott this kind of garbage that pollutes the gaming industry. I mean...$40 million? And this is the best they could come up with?!?!

I grew up with Benny Hill. Seeing Benny pat that little old mans bald head always gave me a chuckle.

With such a budget and how much time they had (supposedly start developing around 2012) who thought this was OK release this game has is! Its ready!

you are mistaken.

I've seen a lot from him, he's also well-known in Germany.  :lol:

927a4e04621b56de83ce0a1ca51642de.gif56yikX.gif

So I've poked around the internet today and I've discovered something interesting.  Aside from the leads from EA about Andromeda and their officially sanctioned puppets (like IGN) the general response to the game is negative.  Yes, there is a smattering of fanboys doing what they do, but by and large it is 'hate' for the game and EA as a whole.  This is a good thing.  People are really starting to pay attention to the corporate culture at EA, and thanks to twitter and EA's SJW employees there's plenty to look at.  I guess they thought 'progressivism is here to stay and there's nothing anyone can do about it'.  Hehe...ooops.  Now all of the bullshit they wanted to cram down peoples' throats is being used against them as to why Andromeda is a dev's nightmare and why the game sucks...which it does.  They did this to themselves, and that tickles me to no end.

The standard strawman bullshit of 'people just love to hate' is a tactic to dismiss people's opinions.  So that excuse is dead.  'You're just hating on it to be cool'.  Yeah, FUCK YOU TOO.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that players want good games and when something is hyped (like FO4 and Andromeda was) and reality doesn't match what was promised people get pissed off.  I wanted FO4 to be good and it fucking wasn't.  I wanted Andromeda to be good and it's fucking not.  I don't sit around hoping the next game release sucks massive rhino dick so I can bitch about it.  I'm waiting for a GOOD GODDAMNED GAME to play; one where blanket corporations like Zenimax and EA don't fuck up flagship franchises for no fucking reason.  I've already played the good games I have and I'm looking for something new and GOOD.  It doesn't have to be 'great'...just good.  That's not asking for a lot in exchange for my $60.

These Companies Like Ubisoft , E Fucking A Only Want Our Money And Until They Give Me Something Good That I Like They Wont See A Fucking Penny From Me .

Half The Problem Is The Fanboys Lapping Up Everything They Get Given And Saying Thank You Thank You Are Gods Of Gaming Regardless If Its Any Fucking Good

No Wonder They Still Keep Turning Out Games Like Fallout 4 And Andromeda Because Not Enough People Cant Seem To Say Stop Enough With The Bad Games .

You People Seem To Forget We Are The Consumers If We Dont Want To Buy Their Crap We Dont Have To , Some People Have Seemed To Forgotten That ..

And Until We Take A Stand And Say No More Bad Games Then Nothing Will Change And All You Will Ever Get Is Poor Ports , Bad Games And Cash Cows Titles

That Aint Worth The Money ......   And People Wonder Why So Many Game,s Get Pirated ...........

Tell the truth, I don't even know when this thing comes out. I still have to finish MGSV and I haven't even started on the Witcher 3 yet, so it's safe to say this is very low on the to-play list, if at all.

It honestly surprises me how I went from being a near-obsessed fanboy to not giving half a shit, without even noticing.

The standard strawman bullshit of 'people just love to hate' is a tactic to dismiss people's opinions.  So that excuse is dead.  'You're just hating on it to be cool'.

I get that a lot on LL and that's just fanboyism, plain and simple. Some people don't want to hear someone speaking badly of something they like, that literally triggers them. Loving to hate, hating to be cool... that's just bullshit and couldn't be far from the truth. I've praised "Black Desert" many times here for certain features it had, which was a Korean MMORPG that I'll never play. I've recently talked pretty positively about "Horizon Zero Dawn" in a couple of threads here, which is a PS4 exclusive, a game which I'll never be able to play. Why would I do that if loved hating things? Fanboys never realize that not everyone is like them, that there are some rational people in the world who can evaluate things in a much more balanced way.

Shadow of War looks promising.

Can't play as a girl and fuck dogs so I doubt people here will be playing it.

Considering the number of people here who play The Witcher series and the Grand Theft Auto series (and all of the people who play homo-erotic games), I'd say that your doubts are unfounded.

kendo that looked really good except for the end part windows 10 is this for real ?? does it not support even windows 8.1 ??

nvm looks like it does play on windows 7.. thank god.

If you haven't played Shadow of Mordor you should really check it out.  It's like Assassin's Creed + Batman + Red Dead Redemption...where you get to chop orcs into bits.  Great fun.

I don't think splitting up the threads is a good idea. People in general are already good enough about creating echo chambers for themselves, there's really no need to have that encouraged by the moderation team. You may think that this will reduce drama and such, but in the long run it will create even more drama because you are conditioning everyone to experience nothing but positive reinforcement which will lead to a big clash in the next thread that garners any kind of attention.

Well ...

I hate to state the obvious but that's basically the internet right there for you. I'm not sure that Loverslab would make a dent if moderators here acted differently.

Better just leave the matrix as long as you still can.

kendo that looked really good except for the end part windows 10 is this for real ?? does it not support even windows 8.1 ??

nvm looks like it does play on windows 7.. thank god.

If you haven't played Shadow of Mordor you should really check it out.  It's like Assassin's Creed + Batman + Red Dead Redemption...where you get to chop orcs into bits.  Great fun.

I Have Shadow Of Mordor But Havent Started It Yet ..   

OH BOY, SOMEONE STREAMED THE ENDING OF THE GAME

Big spoilers ahead

Your're warned

Around 15 hours of main game.

22h  with side quests.

Combat is better

Youre basically the "chosen one" with special secret ancient technology psychic powers..

Final battle is to save the new race (the space Knuckles) planet.

Big bait for sequel, main antagonist is not dead.

Anime tier final speak, with every squad member saying something in sequence.

"Its not over"

The guy is repeating the final mission.

I also noticed the main villain is the basic mustache twirling + nuances of space hitler (my race is superior, the galaxy is ours, you're an invader, etc.)

Watched it.  Good Lord, the game is worse than I thought.  I didn't think that could be possible.  Deus ex machina...really?  :huh: Gimme a fucking break.

Archived