Can someone explain why people like UNP and 7base over CBBE?

Sabres

Im just wondering because there is so much more sexy amrors and sexy stuff for UNP and Sevenbase.

CBBE has so much customization, you can adjust any part of the body you like, you can raise the boobs lower the boobs, move the nipples closer or farther apart, you can raise or lower them, you can change how fat they are all in 1 body slider.

Now UNP and Sevenbase have different options but not nearly as customizable, even tho the diff versions have diff boob sizes they still are the exact same shape... Yet they have way more support as far as people making armors, bikinis ect...

Sevenbase looks really good but am I the only one that thinks the nipples are to high and to close together? Just not natural looking. Even if it was a PB model with fake boobs still wouldn't look right lol.

I don't get it.

Im not bashing them, just wondering. I really like sevenbase but I just cant do it with the shape of them boobs. Wish they were as customizable as cbbe.

Can't discuss tastes. I had a 7base before and I liked it a lot. 
But there's one thing I agree with you with though... I mean with bodyslide you CAN make 7base/Unp/unpb/unpbo bodies... It's like sometimes I just want... I don't know how to say it ... 

post-290274-0-10911900-1390264916_thumb.jpg

Thank you Patrick. 

(Help me I'm making way too much memes and posts here and I have an exam tomorrow morning, just ban me from here for two days or something PLEASE)

stuffed_bunny is working on changing that:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/11468-bodyslide-unp-v04-30-sliders/

Also, as Groovtama pointed out, the UNP BodyType has more vertices, giving it the potential for much more customization/smoothness

You can actually make your own sliders for different BodyTypes in BodySlide as well (just as stuffed_bunny is doing) you just need a little bit of experience with 3D applications.

And follow stuffed_bunny's guides :)

Yeah, I don't get it either. With Bodyslide you can already make the UNP/7B/ADEC/whatever body shapes, so I don't even see the point of the other body mods at this point. Heck, I haven't seen their point for the longest time... none of the other mods have anything remotely close to bodyslide or even outfit studio now. I don't see why they aren't just sliders to be honest lol.

Yeah, I don't get it either. With Bodyslide you can already make the UNP/7B/ADEC/whatever body shapes, so I don't even see the point of the other body mods at this point. Heck, I haven't seen their point for the longest time... none of the other mods have anything remotely close to bodyslide or even outfit studio now. I don't see why they aren't just sliders to be honest lol.

Patrick agrees, and is amazed at the fact that the best looking armors are for UNP and 7B too. 

They are of better quality, higher poly count than CBBE, and also remember that even though BodySlide has been out for a while, until Outfit Studio was released you still needed to convert the armors the complicated way, which was a pain in the ass. Now, CBBE is able to do anything the other mods do, you can literally make an UNP body in Bodyslide and tweak all your armors accordingly, but that has been true for less than a month.

Personally, I hope eventually everything ends united in BodySlide, but who knows.

They are of better quality, higher poly count than CBBE, and also remember that even though BodySlide has been out for a while, until Outfit Studio was released you still needed to convert the armors the complicated way, which was a pain in the ass. Now, CBBE is able to do anything the other mods do, you can literally make an UNP body in Bodyslide and tweak all your armors accordingly, but that has been true for less than a month.

Personally, I hope eventually everything ends united in BodySlide, but who knows.

You've tried UNP and Bodyslided CBBE bodies just like me right ? Honestly, with good texture meshes and HDT on top of that, is there really a noticeable difference between the bodies once you create a UNP looking one with bodyslide ? This story of higher poly counts is nice for maniacs, but I've got a normal pair of eyes, can't see no difference between them two and I got both of them installed on my gaming PC with the bodyslots mod on nexus ... 

Im just wondering because there is so much more sexy amrors and sexy stuff for UNP and Sevenbase.

I think people have covered the vertex count thing.  More vertices = fewer sharp corners on what's supposed to be a soft, feminine body.  It also means that when you flex / expand certain parts (this means breasts), there is, comparatively speaking, enough detail to allow such a modification without it immediately turning into a polygon mess.  CBBE, by comparison, rides the lowest end of the vertex count scale, and it is hard to hide the consequences of this.

Body shape is, truth be told, largely a matter of preference.  But, again, more vertices means more potential for detail, smoother surfaces, etc., which all translate to enhanced beauty.  And I would like to once more point out the traps on UNP/B/BO (between shoulders and neck).  A nice, gentle curve.  Just a case-in-point for the extra effort that went into the model.

Nothing beats Type3F, though. ;p

I never liked Type3 personally, even in FO3 where it was the only body mod that existed. I think that's probably why I don't like UNP since their body shapes look almost identical. I think it's moreso that I just don't care for the shape they went with than anything else. CBBE on the other hand went with girls with big butts, wide hips, small waists, and large breasts. That, to me, is much more attractive. Then again, it's all subjective, but that's why I always preferred CBBE.

Until recently there wasn't even any other body mod that looked remotely good to me. I think SevenBase looks pretty good now but without bodyslide for it... it seems kinda pointless? I dunno.

You've tried UNP and Bodyslided CBBE bodies just like me right ? Honestly, with good texture meshes and HDT on top of that, is there really a noticeable difference between the bodies once you create a UNP looking one with bodyslide ? This story of higher poly counts is nice for maniacs, but I've got a normal pair of eyes, can't see no difference between them two and I got both of them installed on my gaming PC with the bodyslots mod on nexus ... 

Visually, yes using cbbe sliders to transform to UNP will look exactly the same (or very close).

The advantage in vertices comes when trying to convert armors, if there aren't enough vertices around certain areas in an outfits mesh then converting that armor in Outfit Studio becomes a pain in the ass for editing the sliders :(

It's why if I'm making an armor conversion in Outfit Studio, I'll try to see if the outfit mesh has a UNP variant first and try that as it tends to have more vertices around breast/butt area and makes it easier to fix clippings on sliders. Even though a CBBE variant would take less time.

Sometimes the above isn't true though if a modder didn't have UNP as a priority when making the outfit.

This story of higher poly counts is nice for maniacs, but I've got a normal pair of eyes, can't see no difference between them two and I got both of them installed on my gaming PC with the bodyslots mod on nexus ... 

Well, let me just show you a screenshot I've kept in a tab for a few days because I like it. ;p

trying_this_again.jpg

That's UNPB, 7Base, CBBE, with a nice ENB that does a fair job of hiding imperfections.  Also, keep in mind that these models are standing at a comfortable distance from the image - ie, not the kind of closeup screenshot one might normally take to show off a single body - and the image itself isn't even 1080p.  Now, with that all said, take a look at CBBE's shoulders.

Go ahead.  Try to BodySlide those corners away.  Ain't gonna happen. ;p  Call me a "maniac" for caring about such things, but if I have the option to move on from circa 2010 graphics, I'm taking it.

I never liked Type3 personally, even in FO3 where it was the only body mod that existed. I think that's probably why I don't like UNP since their body shapes look almost identical. I think it's moreso that I just don't care for the shape they went with than anything else. CBBE on the other hand went with girls with big butts, wide hips, small waists, and large breasts. That, to me, is much more attractive. Then again, it's all subjective, but that's why I always preferred CBBE.

Actually, Type3F, while ostensibly based upon Type3, seems to have been built in very large part from the ground up, or at least tweaked so heavily that it effectively accomplishes the same.  (The nipples are the standout feature, being certainly the best existing example of puffy nipples ever created, to the best of my knowledge, if one of the only ones.)  Going by the criteria you listed, Type3F sounds like a good match.  She has the smallest waist of any model I've seen, too.  See for yourself.

45445-1-1329552147.jpg

I'll caveat that the shoulders on this model (and indeed all custom Fallout3/NV models) are apparently something of a compromise between a target proportion and the limits of the game's engine.  Weird things happen during certain animations.

Visually, yes using cbbe sliders to transform to UNP will look exactly the same (or very close).

The advantage in vertices comes when trying to convert armors, if there aren't enough vertices around certain areas in an outfits mesh then converting that armor in Outfit Studio becomes a pain in the ass for editing the sliders :(

It's why if I'm making an armor conversion in Outfit Studio, I'll try to see if the outfit mesh has a UNP variant first and try that as it tends to have more vertices around breast/butt area and makes it easier to fix clippings on sliders. Even though a CBBE variant would take less time.

Sometimes the above isn't true though if a modder didn't have UNP as a priority when making the outfit.

Gotcha, makes sense now. I may be just talking from the point of vue of someone who's only editing his female char to see her get banked naked if possible, so outfits being perfectly suited and stuff, I don't care that much as long as i don't see any neck/hip/wrist or ankle seams that'd look too ridiculous... Again, I think it's just a matter of perfecting bodyslide, as you've said it's only been out for a month and I'm sure someone will come up with ways to soften the editing. (Medusa armor *cough* *cough* trololo) 

This story of higher poly counts is nice for maniacs, but I've got a normal pair of eyes, can't see no difference between them two and I got both of them installed on my gaming PC with the bodyslots mod on nexus ... 

Well, let me just show you a screenshot I've kept in a tab for a few days because I like it. ;p

trying_this_again.jpg

That's UNPB, 7Base, CBBE, with a nice ENB that does a fair job of hiding imperfections.  Also, keep in mind that these models are standing at a comfortable distance from the image - ie, not the kind of closeup screenshot one might normally take to show off a single body - and the image itself isn't even 1080p.  Now, with that all said, take a look at CBBE's shoulders.

Go ahead.  Try to BodySlide those corners away.  Ain't gonna happen. ;p  Call me a "maniac" for caring about such things, but if I have the option to move on from circa 2010 graphics, I'm taking it.

Yeah, CBBE's shoulders drive me nuts because there's something about them I just don't like. UNP and 7B on the other hand, I can't stand the size of the arms... well, I can't stand the size of the arms for any of these body mods. But, I fix the arm sizes in Racemenu.

CBBE has the best feet layout, though with the textures and normals. The toes on all the other body mods look tacked on.

7B, the torso seems to squeeze the normal maps, so the abdominal area looks too compressed. That looks much better in CNHF.

I was always a bodyslide user, but I went to 7B becase of the armor support, mainly by Shocky. Out of the body mods available to choose from though, CNHF is my favorite but it has absolutely no support whatsoever. In addition, the selection of body dds textures in the UNP family of bodies is plentiful. It was Real Girls texture and the amount of 7B conversions that were popping out, that made me switch to 7B - which was to only be until CNHF 2.0 had came out, but again nothing really came of it once that was released.

Yeah, CBBE's shoulders drive me nuts because there's something about them I just don't like. UNP and 7B on the other hand, I can't stand the size of the arms... well, I can't stand the size of the arms for any of these body mods. But, I fix the arm sizes in Racemenu.

You should check out Lady Body.  Finally, a model with feminine arms by default.  If only it didn't have "love handles" above the hips, I would definitely use LB for all NPCs.  (As it stands, I'll be using Dream Girl.)  I have to pick a buxom model for my own character because that's going to be one aspect of her dominance of the entire world. ;p

CBBE has the best feet layout, though with the textures and normals. The toes on all the other body mods look tacked on.

When I settled upon Type3F for my FONV playthrough, I ultimately Frankensteined my own texture & normal together from the best elements of what was available.  Going by what I've seen of the textures available for Skyrim models, I'll most likely be doing it all again, and this is probably the best approach.  No need to limit oneself to what's been released for X body.

For me, it's the UV map from UNP-based body variants that does it. When I used CBBE, tattoos and other related texture modifications always looked odd and sometimes distorted on CBBE-based bodies. There is, at least in my opinion, a significant area of distortion around the belly, upper arms, hips, and just below the boobs on CBBE and its variants. Some of them aren't as bad though. Maybe it's just me, who knows, but since I do all those kinds of things frequently it bothers me. I'm not bashing on CBBE though, it's still a great body and I really enjoyed using it before UNP was released. The fact that it has the whole studio thing going on is just mind-blowing; I doubt we'll be hearing people ask for X-to-CBBE conversion requests now. Wish UNP's unofficial body slider had the same amount of customization. :(

Personally, I like converting armors/clothes the old fashioned way with 3ds max. Helps you stay sharp and even works to develop your skills further in the long run. I still wouldn't turn down a similar tool though!

Ever since Leito86 released FemFeet Redesigned this has no longer been the case. Even with the default textures UNP comes packaged with, the elongated toes eliminate the stubby, tacked on look. Although I agree, before that they did look pretty unappetizing. CBBE, by far, does have the best normals for the feet though. I helped myself to them and stitched them to the current normal maps I use. FemFeet Redesigned is terribly under-appreciated, in my opinion. Couldn't believe my eyes the day I found out about it. Now, I can't picture using a body replacer mod without it.

I like Sevenbase because IMO it has the best legs of the "major" bodies. Other bodies have OK quads, but none of them have thick hamstrings. Without hamstrings, the legs don't look well developed / balanced. That matters if you like Amazons, as I do.

Ah, another legs fan I see? The legs (thighs, really) are what defines SeveNBase, if I may be so bold. I love me some amazon ladies! Doesn't really make sense to me seeing a woman with a toothpick-like figure swinging around a huge meat axe or a giant tenderizer. God forbid should they actually get hit because they'll snap in two!

Try as I might, I always end up going back to a UNP based body, no matter how many advantages bodyslide seems to have. UNP based bodies just have flat out better textures, especially around the breasts, to the point where you can usually see the difference between a CBBE body and UNP body quite easily. It's kind of frustrating, really. Makes me glad I made UNP models for my mod, since I just can't stick with CBBE for very long before I find myself missing the (in my opinion) far superior UNP textures.

In fact, if UNP had a belly scaling compatible body (not b3lisario's. I'm talking UNP, not UNPB), I would probably never even bat an eye at CBBE again.

UNP and SevenBase are higher quality and better looking bodies. No amount of Bodyslide is going to increase CBBE's vertices count. CBBE itself really is a pretty bad body, saved only by its sheer versatility via BodySlide. I'd bet money if you gave 7B Bodyslide and a chunk of compatible armors, you'd see a sizable exodus of CBBE users to 7B.

UNP and SevenBase are higher quality and better looking bodies. No amount of Bodyslide is going to increase CBBE's vertices count. CBBE itself really is a pretty bad body, saved only by its sheer versatility via BodySlide. I'd bet money if you gave 7B Bodyslide and a chunk of compatible armors, you'd see a sizable exodus of CBBE users to 7B.

I wouldn't say it's a terrible body option, but it was the first high-quality body available during its time. Back then, it was the holy grail of body mods and was really what spawned the massive wave of modders to migrate to Skyrim from Oblivion. Now though, it's a pretty dated body mod and it's starting to show its age. Higher-poly alternatives are readily available today. But I agree, UNP and any of its derivatives are simply better looking right out of the box which is what probably appeals to a lot of people. If I were new to modding, I wouldn't know what the hell bodyslide is, or even less the outfit studio. I definitely wouldn't want to mess around with it and risk my installation somehow. You still have to play around with the bodyslide program to get something that is satisfying.

Archived