Hi, it might be annoying, but I couldn't get MO and Bodyslide2 working together.

I get a.)elevation needed and b.)no changes ingame. I allready told goddamn windows that MO and Bodyslide exe have administrator rights a thousand times. Still this stupid question everytime. 

I'm able to run SKSE, FNIS and LOOT out of MO, but how on earth does it work with Bodyslide? I've tried to follow instructions from gophers tutorial video, I've tried to follow Troubleshouting Instructions from Bodyslide-Page. Tried to link it with the executionals-button of Mo, tried to do it via the Data-tab of MO. These are the solutions I've found suggested everywhere (e.g.here), so they might be right.

I may could live with this "elevation"-thing, but I also didn't happen to see any change on my body. Is there anything I can do? Is there a walkaround or so. Please. I realy would like to use PSB with CBBE, I was completly able to do this with NMM, but I refuse to switch back.

Story time ahead.

So... this won't be a very accurate bug report of MO, or even feedback, but I had a little strange experience I wanted to share.

Upon returning for the fifth (more or less) time to playing Skyrim I noticed this new mod manager and started using it. It's a really great program, but everyone should know that by now so I'll get straight to the point.

After experimenting with some mods (adding, deleting, testing, the usual) I noticed a tremendous lag (or stutter or whatever it's called nowadays) while fighting in exteriors with more than four npcs (allied or hostile). Of course I blamed mods, so started uninstalling one by one, every that could have an impact on NPC's or scripts used by them. To no avail.

In a brief moment of despair, I uninstalled all mods, loaded up the game and checked if the problem persisted. Thankfully, it didn't. After a quick deliberation, I restored installed mods from a backup (one made just prior to disabling all mods), loaded up and tried to figure from a fresh save what is causing the unplayable combat lags. No matter what I did, I couldn't replay the issues from before. Without further ado, I loaded up a previous save (one which, I was sure, had the lagging issue), and to my amazement - there is none so far.

I remain puzzled.

I am not sure this fixed my problems, or was it something I didn't even notice, but since then my game is much smoother (even some minor lags in between fights is gone, like when entering new interiors/exteriors).

Maybe such course of action will help other people too. Dunno.

I have had that problem usually with a new game install/mo install. It is especially true if I never ran Skyrim before running MO. See it seems as if Skyrim needs to be ran at least once to get all the necessary .ini and files and such to run properly *before* having MO take over. When you stopped and removed everything and ran Skyrim plain it was given a chance to recover and get the proper settings set up so that when you reinstalled the mods again it was able to handle those without problem. Any and all lags I have experienced can be traced to either not starting Skyrim ( outside of MO) at least once before starting a fresh MO install or some .ini configuration issue ( which is what happens with the not starting Skyrim at least once ;).)

Process of MO..

Install Steam,

Skyrim and any other mods MO will manage

Start all said games without MO.. I know it is a drag but .. MO needs your help here so that it can help you later.

I usually verify cache through steam but not necessary. Want the base as perfect as possible. Hey. I won't need to do that again for quite some time... Yea MO!

Then start MO and do the MO Thang!

If you move MO other computers or changed something hardware wise on your computer like graphics and the such.. remember the .ini will still be the old one until you *refresh* the files. It most likley won't do it on its own and might need a nice fresh start again as mentioned above then move your Profiles and Mods over.

Hi, it might be annoying, but I couldn't get MO and Bodyslide2 working together.

I get a.)elevation needed and b.)no changes ingame. I allready told goddamn windows that MO and Bodyslide exe have administrator rights a thousand times. Still this stupid question everytime. 

I'm able to run SKSE, FNIS and LOOT out of MO, but how on earth does it work with Bodyslide? I've tried to follow instructions from gophers tutorial video, I've tried to follow Troubleshouting Instructions from Bodyslide-Page. Tried to link it with the executionals-button of Mo, tried to do it via the Data-tab of MO. These are the solutions I've found suggested everywhere (e.g.here), so they might be right.

I may could live with this "elevation"-thing, but I also didn't happen to see any change on my body. Is there anything I can do? Is there a walkaround or so. Please. I realy would like to use PSB with CBBE, I was completly able to do this with NMM, but I refuse to switch back.

Take MO and Skyrim out of Program Files (x86). Windows creates plenty of problems for games with mods, even if you follow correct procedures, sometimes.

Also, did you try with an older MO and get the same issue? That might point to a bug with the new version, but my guess is you're fighting a losing battle with Windows. Elevation should have solved it, but Windows hates mods.

There happens to be an ongoing open issue about elevation here. Not about BS though. Unsolved so far. That's not you, is it? :P

BS should run if you followed this from the FAQ:

- Get Bodyslide to work:

Install it as usual. Note that if you look in it, you'll see no recognizable (by MO) data in it. Fuck it. Install it anyway. When you do, MO will give you the standard warning that there is "no game data on top level". Fuck that too. When it's installed, navigate the 'explorer' to the Bodyslide.exe, and add it as an executable. When you run it, it will overwrite the .nif files you chose to alter, so have a copy of your mod-to-be-altered beforehand.

Since it's not, try running it outside of Skyrim/Program Files (x86). Failing that, try an older version. If that version works, submit a bug report to Tannin on the issue tracker about the new version.

Unless a Team member knows the exact solution? I'm saying Windows, but sometimes things like this have a very specific solution, which I don't always know, because I never have MO problems. ;) 

I'd thought I ask a question about MO function here.. yes I don't know everything about it.. lol

With the merge option if you reinstall the mods do they all get reinstalled. That is all the files there or only one of the mods. In other words does the meta data understand all the mods installed and replicate the exact set up. Useful if you merge say COT or Skyrim HD2k ;) Fortunately it isn't a common practice that you would need to reinstall the mods due to the manager however the mod itself could get wonky and need to be *refreshed* to get back to where it is suppose to be. Just a question. which .... leads to my suggestion

Simple English :D

If I reinstall the mods by clicking on the mod and reinstalling merged folder will I loose data? Parts of mods that have been installed *merged*?

Yea. but has anyone tried to see if the *reinstalling* of the mod works. That is has Tannin set it up so that the info from all those mods that were merged are intact when reinstalled? It is an easy fix otherwise of course. One can create a merged mod outside of the downloads folder to begin with, or do what corespore has done as well. All works with the flexible system.

I'd thought I ask a question about MO function here.. yes I don't know everything about it.. lol

With the merge option if you reinstall the mods do they all get reinstalled. That is all the files there or only one of the mods. In other words does the meta data understand all the mods installed and replicate the exact set up. Useful if you merge say COT or Skyrim HD2k ;) Fortunately it isn't a common practice that you would need to reinstall the mods due to the manager however the mod itself could get wonky and need to be *refreshed* to get back to where it is suppose to be. Just a question. which .... leads to my suggestion

If I reinstall the mods by clicking on the mod and reinstalling merged folder will I loose data? Parts of mods that have been installed *merged*?

MO doesn't care what files are in it. It's really about the mod's 'name', as listed in the txt files in 'Profiles'. You may get an error about a missing mod though (the one you added to the other), and if you renamed the newly merged one to something else, you may get 2 errors, unless you specifically 'Removed' the mods before doing any merging. Missing mod errors will go away (be rewritten), so no big deal. MO will never leave files behind, or exclude them just because files were added/altered. Yay MO.

Does that answer your question? (was scratching my head trying to figure out what you were saying at first :P)

I have a quick question about Steam, Skyrim & MO being in the programx86 folder. Too change steam and it's contents too a different folder, do I just move it or do I need too do something speciI 

I am assuming you want to install it on a new hard-drive? 

Just make a copy of the game (to desktop perhaps), then goto Steam, right click game, delete local content. 

Then set up same file path on new hard-drive for example mine is on a separate SSD... E:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim.

So i just copied the same file path as my OS drive had. Then went back to Steam and re-installed game, directing it to load the game on new drive. When Steam starts loading the new game interrupt the process by either going offline or stopping Steam in task-manager. Then, drop copied game files into new folder location. You can re-upload the game but it takes a couple of hours, by using a copy of the original game file it cuts the time down to a couple of minutes. Once you drop your original copy into new file folder, restart Steam and it will see game is installed fully then it will validate new game location and your done! If you TES5edit cleaned your masterfiles you need to do that again but if you just keep extra copies of those as well you can just drop those into place after everything is done. 

Hopefully, this helps. 

I'm not installing a new hard-drive I'm on a laptop lol. Just wondering if I can move it out of the that folder.

You can't simply change a game's installation folder simply by moving it to some place else and expect it to run properly. Steam doesn't just download games into some folder and create a shortcuts to their executables, it also installs them and makes changes in the Windows registry.

You have to re-install your games if you want to change their installation folder. However, you may avoid re-downloading them by creating a backup of your game files i.e. whatever there is inside the steamapps folder.

1. Create a backup of your SteamApps folder and also your "My Games" folder.

2. Uninstall your games and uninstall Steam.

3. Re-install Steam.

4. Restore the contents of SteamApps

5. Re-install your games. Steam will skip the downloading phase.

6. Restore the contents of My Games folder.

If you have games that store their files and settings in other places (e.g. inside AppData folder, or some other folder in My Documents etc) you might need to create a backup of them as well.

Sorry. I had literally had a war going on outside my house, and it was difficult to concentrate on wtf I was trying to type with cops everywhere and people screaming (not a Halloween thing). That, on top of my mom texting me, a girl from school trying to convince me to drive to her work to see her, and actual Halloween (Happy Halloween!!)

Reinstalling the mod would not work. It would simply reinstall the mod from the zip file. If you made your newly altered mod a zip file, and replaced the old one, in it's location you gave MO when you first installed it (original location is the only way, I think...for now), with the new one (or just move the old one out and put the new one in)...(or rename the old one), it would work fine, assuming it has the same name.

This would defeat your intended purpose of convenience.

It's just looking for the mod's name, and it's location upon originally installing. I've gotten plenty of errors telling me my mod couldn't be found, simply because I messed up and moved the mod from it's original install location. :P

Edit: If you merge your zips in the original folder, you will still be able to reinstall your mod properly. MO won't reject the new/changed files. Just needs to have the same name as the mod you chose to reinstall. It's...The Name Game! :)

Hopefully, I didn't get ninja'd while typing all this. ;)

MO doesn't care what files are in it. It's really about the mod's 'name', as listed in the txt files in 'Profiles'. You may get an error about a missing mod though (the one you added to the other), and if you renamed the newly merged one to something else, you may get 2 errors, unless you specifically 'Removed' the mods before doing any merging. Missing mod errors will go away (be rewritten), so no big deal. MO will never leave files behind, or exclude them just because files were added/altered. Yay MO.

Does that answer your question? (was scratching my head trying to figure out what you were saying at first :P)

I think I am still speaking alien :D

Crap! I think I get it now! :D

You mean, if you merge in explorer, will it give an error when reinstalling?? Now that...I don't know. Never actually tried it. I'm not sure anyone has. :P

No .. I don't even know what you were talking about with that.. Explorer? anyway

Never mind I tested it myself and it don't work the last mod is the one that gets reinstalled.

If you are still curious.

Mod A and mod B

Mod A is the main mod and mod B is the patch for that mod

Install Mod A first ( of course) then install mod B into the same folder ( name the same) prompts for a Merge, replace etc.

If you choose merge the files from Mod A and Mod B will exist in the same folder. You just patched the file without adding another entry in the priorities list, or having to create a merged mod outside of MO in the first place. (Like you do Awefularchdemon).

I was hoping that MO kept a record of those files when they were merged and when you clicked on the "reinstall" option you would reinstall the entire folder as it was before .. record wise. However that isn't' the case. It just reinstall the last known mod that it installed.

Yea there seems to be two choices. One being just install everything and perhaps rename it from the installed mod name and then if needed just reinstall. So long as the mod is still in the downloads folder it will install clean and easy. I then control the conflicts and arrange the mods the way I want. The up side is clean easy functional conflict resolutions and no need for extra work. Perhaps a note attached etc but not that big. The down side is easily there can be 1000's of potential mods both installed and filing the downloads folder. Even old or obsolete mods. The second one is to experiment, merge and create mod *compilation* to test and install. The up side is quicker installation and more easy to navagate install list. The downside is notes have to be made and trial and error during the process.

Dam you MO for giving such power resulting in so many choices..

I took the plunge and updated to the latest version. Nothing was messed up. Feels good. :) Love this thing for real.

What better way to show this love than a reference to some 70's singer... lol... :D

A little more MO love.... :heart:   Staring Barry White... B)

Of course MO lets stay together... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ok.. enough of this ... now back to your normal programing... :D.

I am not insane in the membrane... ;).. Just a little imbalanced. lol.

What Mod Organiser needs is a Utility to link all of the MO managed Games to a single Icon on a Desktop. The Utility could also be used to make a User of Skyrim aware that it is possible  to use Mod Organiser in Oblivion and both Bethesda Fallouts. 

Using a single Mod Organiser to manage all of the Games that could be managed is asking for a headache when a mistake is made.

I don't think he is talking about the shortcuts.

I am, in fact. The only reason I even say it is because it's one of the few MO related things that managed to screw up on me. My shortcuts made silly mistakes.

Edit: To be more specific, one time my shortcut took me to the wrong folder, and another time it gave me an error, saying the file didn't exist or was moved, simply because the file wasn't listed in Windows' Index (apparently), and I got a different error another time, and another time the shortcut just...vanished. POOF! So I'm all "wtf?", and stopped using them. Just the strangest things...