On 4/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, Dcasteel7 said:

Wow. That was the problem. Way too many animations. I got it down to 10,000 anims. Not only does DD work but the game doesnt lag anymore. Thank you so much for your help Pfiffy!!!

It is a common problem.  

Noticed another bug in Devious Devices - Expansion 4.2 SE

ALL Hobble Skirts are missing Slot 34 - Forearms from their "BOD2 - Biped Body Template" in the Armor record.

This results in a gap after the hands - a chunk of the forearms is not rendered by the game. Adding the Slot 34 to the BOD2 fixes it.

This concerns all following Armor Addons from Devious Devices - Expansion.esm:

Spoiler

00020732: zadx_HobbleSkirtAA
00024287: zadx_HobbleSkirtLatexAA
0002428E: zadx_HobbleSkirtLatexRedAA
0002428F: zadx_HobbleSkirtLatexWhiteAA
00024290: zadx_HobbleSkirtWhiteAA
00024291: zadx_HobbleSkirtRedAA
00025821: zadx_HobbleSkirtOpenAA
00025822: zadx_HobbleSkirtRedOpenAA
00025823: zadx_HobbleSkirtWhiteOpenAA
00025824: zadx_HobbleSkirtLatexOpenAA
00025825: zadx_HobbleSkirtLatexRedOpenAA
00025826: zadx_HobbleSkirtLatexWhiteOpenAA
00028E2E: zadx_ElegantHobbleSkirtAA
00028E2F: zadx_ElegantHobbleSkirtLatexAA
00028E30: zadx_ElegantHobbleSkirtRedAA
00028E35: zadx_ElegantHobbleSkirtWhiteAA
00028E36: zadx_ElegantHobbleSkirtRedLatexAA
00028E37: zadx_ElegantHobbleSkirtWhiteLatexAA
0004970D: zadx_HobbleSkirtTransparentAA

Don't know if this has been covered before but I'm having a problem with one of the salver gags. When I started a new character and choose the Captured Princess from alternative start LAL. And the gag that is applied to my PC head is in their chin, and their mouth is not open. I have run booth LOOT and FNIS and bodyslide.

Screenshot here

ScreenShot13.png.91f9147ce15d367b715ffa8a07360ae5.png

This is with the lowest body weight and default preset appearance. Im using cbbe curvy with a custom preset body. 

10 hours ago, Rmacintyre said:

Don't know if this has been covered before but I'm having a problem with one of the salver gags. When I started a new character and choose the Captured Princess from alternative start LAL. And the gag that is applied to my PC head is in their chin, and their mouth is not open. I have run booth LOOT and FNIS and bodyslide.

Screenshot here

ScreenShot13.png.91f9147ce15d367b715ffa8a07360ae5.png

This is with the lowest body weight and default preset appearance. Im using cbbe curvy with a custom preset body. 

Install MFG fix....

8 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Install MFG fix....

Yip that did it. Thank you. I'm also having some clipping issues with some of the devices like the See-through latex suite and some chastity belts clipping through the groin and pelvis. I'm using CBBE curvy with the Greek goddess preset. 

Also When wearing certain corsets or restrictive latex hobble dresses it sets character weight back to the lowest setting. 

43 minutes ago, Rmacintyre said:

Yip that did it. Thank you. I'm also having some clipping issues with some of the devices like the See-through latex suite and some chastity belts clipping through the groin and pelvis. I'm using CBBE curvy with the Greek goddess preset. 

Also When wearing certain corsets or restrictive latex hobble dresses it sets character weight back to the lowest setting. 

please be patient... Roggvir is reworking the BS sets for the CBBE SE Body and stumbkled over some problems there while Zarantha and me are working on fixing the HDT related stuff which isn't easy either.

8 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

please be patient... Roggvir is reworking the BS sets for the CBBE SE Body and stumbkled over some problems there while Zarantha and me are working on fixing the HDT related stuff which isn't easy either.

Well, good luck to all of you and I thank you for your efforts.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, Pfiffy said:

Hey Thank you for your hard work; I just stumbled onto this myself and I was wondering what was up. I really appreciate everyone's time on this.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:37 AM, NobodyImportant33333 said:

I want to make use of the blindfold effect when using ENB. Leeches mode only blurs the screen and doesn't do anything with lighting. Dark Fog mode manages to make the direct lighting brighter. I feel like if the Dark Fog effect could be modified, I could make use of it as a viable blindfold effect for ENB. Any pointers?

You have ConsoleUtilsSSE installed?

On 4/18/2019 at 7:09 PM, Pfiffy said:

Thank you. Iv managed to reduce a lot of the clipping issues by using a different body preset. So I'm happy with how it is atm. I'm using the Sevenbase nude preset witch fits most everything.

On 3/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, Pfiffy said:

Thanks. Also, what version of SKSE is the dll in the DDi4.2SE file for?

On 3/19/2019 at 11:57 AM, Kimy said:

Hi all!

I will post the new versions as soon as LL remains to a halfway stable state. I dunno when THAT will be, haha!

PS: Is there are a reason why the hotfix and DLL is kept seperate? I'd normally merge them into the archives....

On 3/19/2019 at 2:23 PM, Pfiffy said:

The hotfix will not change and some ppl still run on 1.5.62.  

I'm a bit confused on what the hotfix is for. It contains only meshes and seems to overwrite some files in DDx but also has some extra files.

Any reason why the hotfix can't be merged into the corresponding DDa/DDi/DDx file?

On 4/7/2019 at 8:47 AM, Roggvir said:

It may not be for everyone, but i recommend customizing the animation packs you are using by removing animations you dont need or dont like (edit the source TXT, use the Python script to rebuild the JSON, rebuild the behavior files, and then run FNIS for users).

I am using almost all the packs that are floating around here on LL, but i still got the number of anims somewhere under 7000 by using only the anims i want (when you realize that for example SL cant even support 5p animations and you remove those - that is 5 times number of stages, times number of "animations", do the same for most of the 4p anims, because lets face it, most of them are a mess anyway, then maybe you decide you dont need horse animations, or skeevers, etc.).

That being said, i wouldn't recommend messing with it unless you really know what you are doing, because if you break the game, you'll be pretty much on your own.

It was quite a chore to filter those animations and rebuild everything, but if you can do it, you will be rewarded with smoother running game (or working game at least, for some of you :))

...And here I've been trying to reduce the number of animations by just deleting the .hkx files I don't want. Would you mind going into a little more detail, or is there a guide somewhere? It's true that I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm willing to back up my game and try anyhow.

6 minutes ago, spicybalzac said:

...And here I've been trying to reduce the number of animations by just deleting the .hkx files I don't want. Would you mind going into a little more detail, or is there a guide somewhere? It's true that I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm willing to back up my game and try anyhow.

Unless you also rebuild the behavior files from FNIS for modders, using "FNIS_whichevermod_.txt" file edited accordingly, then you are not really helping anything - the behavior files will be still refering to those animation files (now missing) and eve nthough they do not exist anymore, they will still take the same "space" as if they did.

So, i do the oposite - i leave the animation HKX be, dont care whether they exist or not, and instead i edit rebuild the behavior files from txt sources not usign those animations i do not want.

For example, let's say you want to customize Leito's Animation Pack.

Here is what i would do:

1. Edit AnimationsByLeito.txt located in Data\SLAnims\source
    This kind of file should be included in every animation pack (different packs using different filenames of course), and it contains data used to generate the FNIS_*.txt files (which are later used to generate the behavior files).
    So you open "AnimationsByLeito.txt" in your favourite text editor, and you'll see something like this:
    Spoiler

is_example = False
    mcm_name = "Animations By Leito"
    anim_dir("AnimationsByLeito")
    anim_id_prefix("Leito_")
    anim_name_prefix("Leito ")
    common_tags("Leito")

#--------------------ANAL----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animation(
        id="Anal_Doggy_2",
        name="Anal Doggy 2",
        tags="Leito,Sex,Straight,Dirty,DoggyStyle,Kneeling,Anal,Behind,MF,Aggressive,AggressiveDefault,Rough,Forced,Rape,DomSub",
        sound=Squishing,  
        actor1=Female(add_cum=Anal),
        actor2=Male(strap_on=True),    
    )

Animation(
        id="Anal_Missionary",
        name="Anal Missionary",
        tags="Leito,Sex,Missionary,Laying,Anal,MF",
        sound=Squishing,  
    )

Animation(
        id="Anal_Missionary_2",
        name="Anal Missionary 2",
        sound=Squishing,  
    )

...and more

So let's say you want to remove the "Anal_Missionary" animation, marked in red.
    To do that, simply comment out the whole Animation block by adding '#' as the first character of every corresponding line, so it will look like this:

Spoiler

is_example = False
    mcm_name = "Animations By Leito"
    anim_dir("AnimationsByLeito")
    anim_id_prefix("Leito_")
    anim_name_prefix("Leito ")
    common_tags("Leito")

#--------------------ANAL----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animation(
        id="Anal_Doggy_2",
        name="Anal Doggy 2",
        tags="Leito,Sex,Straight,Dirty,DoggyStyle,Kneeling,Anal,Behind,MF,Aggressive,AggressiveDefault,Rough,Forced,Rape,DomSub",
        sound=Squishing,  
    )

#Animation(
    #    id="Anal_Missionary",
    #    name="Anal Missionary",
    #    tags="Leito,Sex,Missionary,Laying,Anal,MF",
    #    sound=Squishing,  
    #    actor1=Female(add_cum=Anal),
    #    actor2=Male(strap_on=True),        
    #)

Animation(
        id="Anal_Missionary_2",
        name="Anal Missionary 2",
        sound=Squishing,  
    )

Save the file, and close the editor.

2. Use the python script to generate the FNIS_AnimationsByLeito_List.txt file
    Start the script located in "Data\SLAnims\SLAnimGenerate.pyw" (if you dont know how, i will describe that process at the end of this post).
    You should see a window looking like this:
    SLAnimGenerate1.jpg.63481e0af4ad20d63eb2ef815c8f1419.jpg
    Select "AnimationsByLeito" in the Category listing, and click on button "Build Category".
    If you didn't make any typo while editing that source txt file, everything should be fine and new txt source for building the behavior file should be created in "meshes\actors\character\animations\AnimationsByLeito\FNIS_AnimationsByLeito_List.txt".
    Close the "SexLab Animation Loader" window.

3. Generate the behavior file using FNIS for Modders
    Start FNIS for Modders and click on "Generate Mod Behavior".
    In the file selection dialog window that opens, navigate to and select file "meshes\actors\character\animations\AnimationsByLeito\FNIS_AnimationsByLeito_List.txt", and click on "Open" and the file will get processed.
    The result should look like this:
    FNISforModders.jpg.10baa7c3778a7a7422b3e37fa18fa5c3.jpg
    ...ending with "...hkx successfully created.", and no warnings anywhere before that.
    Close the tool.

4. Run FNIS for Users
    I am sure i dont need to explain this one.
    DONE.

Now about that Python script...

First of all, many animation pack creators seem to be using their own, modified version of that script, so you may not be able to process every anim pack's TXT source using the original stock python script distributed with SL Animation Loader, or you may get a slightly different result (probably nt good one).

I couldn't find a script that would be able to process every Animation Pack i tried, so i made my own modification to the original script to be able to do so.

You can get my modified script here:

SLAnimGenerate (modified by Roggvir).zip

You will need Python version 3+ to run it, so go get that from https://www.python.org/

(i am too lazy to explain how to setup Python and how to use it to run the script, as it should be pretty straightforward, but well.. let me know if you need help with that too).

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:

Read the Animation Loader guide made by Rydin, it explains many things better and in much greater detail than i do here.

You should read it even if you understand everything here, you may find some neat usefull info there on how to tweak the animations, etc..

14 hours ago, nanashi50 said:

I'm a bit confused on what the hotfix is for. It contains only meshes and seems to overwrite some files in DDx but also has some extra files.

Any reason why the hotfix can't be merged into the corresponding DDa/DDi/DDx file?

There is a reason: The hot fix replaces some nifs, that will cause crashes. As long as I don't have a final solution to the problems, I don't want to mess around with the installer AND to make sure it is working correctly, you should install it after you run BS on the originals. 

The .dll file is kept seperate, because it depends on the SKSE version you are running. pugwash posted them here and I just picked up the newest one to make the list complete.  

2 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

There is a reason: The hot fix replaces some nifs, that will cause crashes. As long as I don't have a final solution to the problems, I don't want to mess around with the installer AND to make sure it is working correctly, you should install it after you run BS on the originals. 

The .dll file is kept seperate, because it depends on the SKSE version you are running. pugwash posted them here and I just picked up the newest one to make the list complete.  

For the DLL that's part of the DDi 7z file, what version of SKSE is that for? Post doesn't say. Is it correct to assume it's for 2.0.12?