4 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

First check this page for conflicting mods from your list. Then full modlist and load order will be welcome.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-51-2021-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=3077930

I just edited my post and added my modslist (also, not sure if there's an etiquette for how to post modslists) Gonna check out the conflictions now. Thanks!

Also, does anyone have a good link for an explanation on how bodyslide works? Even after looking at a bunch of tutorials, I haven't found any good explanations on what bodyslide does as opposed to race menu once you get in game. This is made more confusing because I have 3BBB and 3BA and other stuff so I don't really get what is happening with all that. There's probably a better place to ask that question though.

20 minutes ago, 714ilj said:

I'm having an issue where I am unable to remove devices.

As a rule, nothing should be overwriting DD. Zaz should be ok, that's just a couple of textures.

Definitely DO NOT use the SLIF patches from SLIF. They are horrendously out of date for not just DD, but for almost every other mod it patches too.

I don't know what Devious Training is, but if it isn't updated for DD 5.1 and it overwrites scripts it will break DD.

Elsidia gave you a link to the troubleshooting post, get the SLIF patch from there.

39 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Something you have done wrong:

Left - follower Chloe, right my character. device Hooked Elbow Shackles:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot50.jpg.a5325ddb711b65cb013646b58d64a5e1.jpg

Hm, i digged a little deeper and it seems, that DD thinks I already have the The Hooked Shakles equipped (even so i haven't / cant see them):

[05/25/2021 - 06:12:47PM] [Zad]: Test05 received Elbow Shackles.
[05/25/2021 - 06:13:04PM] [Zad]: OnEquipped(Test05: Hooked Elbow Shackles)
[05/25/2021 - 06:13:04PM] [Zad]: Checking for active unequip operation for [Keyword <zad_DeviousHeavyBondage (0E05226C)>]
[05/25/2021 - 06:13:04PM] [Zad]: No active unequip operation running for [Keyword <zad_DeviousHeavyBondage (0E05226C)>]. Proceeding
[05/25/2021 - 06:13:04PM] [Zad]: OnEquipped aborted - item is already worn.

an when I unequipping them, nothing happens:

[05/25/2021 - 06:14:00PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Test05: Hooked Elbow Shackles)

Is there maybe a way to remove all equipped DD devices from an actor? (like removeallitems console command)

EDIT: Well using removeallitems on the player actually fixes that problem.

Only Ysolda is still "collisionfree".

21 minutes ago, 714ilj said:

Also, does anyone have a good link for an explanation on how bodyslide works?

Bodyslide is bodies and outfits in general, so outfits will fit all low to high weight NPCs and whatever morphs you use for the bodies.

Racemenu is in game modification of the player body only. It lets you generate what your face looks like, add tattoos (overlays) for hands, body, and face, and the colors used for face, body, and tattoos. It does not affect NPCs.  It has nothing to do with the outfits other than heels and as a mechanism to dynamically apply the morphs in game. Without bodyslide there's a very good chance that your outfits will clip unless you are staying within the low to high range of the outfits and have done nothing extreme. Bodyslide will also generate a type of body based on your preset - this is the shape of the body for all NPCs and the player. Usually, there's no need to modify the body in game with Racemenu, but if you do, the bodyslide preset is your starting point. Both mods are needed.

Also, some mods, like DD and DCL, don't ship with every outfit's low and high meshes generated, this is to save on the size of the mod. If you don't build in bodyslide, some outfits will be invisible, because there are no meshes installed. They need to be build in bodyslide to show up.

7 minutes ago, Jasmine91 said:

Hm, i digged a little deeper and it seems, that DD thinks I already have the The Hooked Shakles equipped (even so i haven't / cant see them):

[05/25/2021 - 06:12:47PM] [Zad]: Test05 received Elbow Shackles.
[05/25/2021 - 06:13:04PM] [Zad]: OnEquipped(Test05: Hooked Elbow Shackles)
[05/25/2021 - 06:13:04PM] [Zad]: Checking for active unequip operation for [Keyword <zad_DeviousHeavyBondage (0E05226C)>]
[05/25/2021 - 06:13:04PM] [Zad]: No active unequip operation running for [Keyword <zad_DeviousHeavyBondage (0E05226C)>]. Proceeding
[05/25/2021 - 06:13:04PM] [Zad]: OnEquipped aborted - item is already worn.

an when I unequipping them, nothing happens:

[05/25/2021 - 06:14:00PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Test05: Hooked Elbow Shackles)

Is there maybe a way to remove all equipped DD devices from an actor? (like removeallitems console command)

The easy method is to use something like Devious Devices Equip to check for and remove the devices. Depending on how bugged the device is, it may not show up here still.

DCL has a remove all items too, but it will also remove quest items, which will break some quests.

The hard way is to dump everything you can into a container, then list your inventory out in the console and use console commands to remove every thing left that starts with DD's mod index number.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:48 AM, Ixxi0 said:

Hello, is there another way to download this apart of mega? because i don´t know why it only goes at 7 kb per second or similar and i have good internet.

Thats probably because you are using free Mega so lol...sorry good internet doesnt matter

22 hours ago, zarantha said:

Make sure BRRF is loading after For Him and everything else.

I looked at the BRRF mod and it stated that it's intergrated (along with For Him) as of Devious Devices 5.0. I'm currently running 5.1

29 minutes ago, ShiftyV said:

I looked at the BRRF mod and it stated that it's intergrated (along with For Him) as of Devious Devices 5.0. I'm currently running 5.1

It is integrated, but people still need to make sure that the BRRF and For Him ESMs are getting correctly ordered in the load order. Unfortunately tools like LOOT won't help with this, as there is no dependency between the two mods LOOT could work with, and LOOT isn't otherwise aware of naughty mods.

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

It is integrated, but people still need to make sure that the BRRF and For Him ESMs are getting correctly ordered in the load order. Unfortunately tools like LOOT won't help with this, as there is no dependency between the two mods LOOT could work with, and LOOT isn't otherwise aware of naughty mods.

I see... But how do I change the load order if it's part of the mod? I've noticed that some devices work on beast heads

2 hours ago, ShiftyV said:

I see... But how do I change the load order if it's part of the mod? I've noticed that some devices work on beast heads

You change the plugin load order. If you're using vortex, you may need to use rules. These are all the ESM/ESPs in DD. They should be in this order:

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm

Devious Devices For Him.esp (optional)

Devious Devices - BRRF.esp (optional)

Devious Devices SE patch.esp

17 hours ago, zarantha said:

You change the plugin load order. If you're using vortex, you may need to use rules. These are all the ESM/ESPs in DD. They should be in this order:

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm

Devious Devices For Him.esp (optional)

Devious Devices - BRRF.esp (optional)

Devious Devices SE patch.esp

I checked and that's indeed the load order of those plugins

My characters inventory says Chastity belt is equipped and its just not appearing on the body. I checked the bodyslide and I can't find it in the list of devices in the slides. Then I checked the mesh folders and only chastity belts I found were from zaz brown belt not the ones says equipped, How could I fix this? So far no CTDs just lack of belt

I'm having a bit of a strange problem, and Devious Devices is certainly involved, though it's not precisely a bug with the framework. But maybe someone here can help me think of a suitable resolution? Let me explain.

The problem is: the follower Recorder will often have an invisible strap-on when having sex in a male position.

My investigation into the problem has concluded the following:

1. If I remove "Nipple Piercings (51)" from the "Body - Full (32)" header in the Devious Devices MCM - Device Hider section, the strap-on is visible again. Now, this isn't completely absurd, since slot 51 is the same slot used by the default SexLab strap-on. But, the invisible strap-on occurs even if Recorder is completely bereft of clothing and only equipped with a strap-on, even in non-sex situations.
  2. I am using a CBBE body, but Recorder comes with her own body. In the .esp for Recorder, there is an armor item for a naked skin that presumably she uses. So I suspect that even when she appears to be devoid of armor, she is wearing her "skin", which Devious Devices detects and therefore hides slot 51 from view.

Now, I could just remove slot 51 from the Device Hider, but then nipple piercings wouldn't be hidden from view on my character when clothed. Any bright ideas? I guess I could try to mess with Recorder's body and try to get her to use the normal CBBE body, but I'm hoping for something a bit simpler.

Edit: It seems I should've searched a bit harder before posting. The following thread suggests just changing the strap-on slot to 52, the same as SoS. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Edited by rawrrawr300

Im having issues with some of the models in devious devices. I've built them all up using bodyslide with the appropriate body type preset that i'm using but im having some weird overlap with the body and the devious device assets. ScreenShot2.png.1fc38b2bcd3e93cb5afaabbedf48ce12.png

Any idea what could be causing this? Thank you for any help you can offer.