Hi I seem to have an issue again that I have narrowed down to only happening once I have Devious devices installed, its fine to boot up it installs all okay. But as soon as I save and then reload all the mods will begin their install again and loop forever. Turning DD off stops this happening I have a pastebin link below, with my load order  is anyone else having this sort of issue? it seems to happen with random mods together with DD like some follower mods that are SE versions cant run while DD does, certain player homes dont run as well if DD is running. Just wondering if there is a certain script that DD might be using thats being changed by these types of mods, im honestly just guessing at this point as im out of options

Anyone else have this issue?

https://pastebin.pl/view/560fd2fa

38 minutes ago, kawnao said:

Witcher 3 Female Armors

No those boots is boots and don't rewrite a DD scripts

I have no idea.

Try experiment:

Put this file if you use mo2 into DD SE 5.1 mod folder scripts and be sure that it ask rewrite previous script. If not ask, then you have wrong folder or wrong DD installation

If you use vortex rewrite this file straight into skyrim ->data->scripts - the same about rewrite. If there no this file, then you have wrong DD 5.1 installation

If after that in game boots equip, then you have wrong DD 5.1 installation or some of your mod have patch what rewrites this  script file.

If still not work, then there probably is problem with racemenu installation (wrong installation, racemenu ddl not loaded, wrong load order or something else).

That's my last idea.

UPD: i put this file from my scripts folder and test in game: Black ebonite restrictive boots equipped with this script.

zadSlaveBootsScript.pex

15 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

No those boots is boots and don't rewrite a DD scripts

I have no idea.

Try experiment:

Put this file if you use mo2 into DD SE 5.1 mod folder scripts and be sure that it ask rewrite previous script. If not ask, then you have wrong folder or wrong DD installation

If you use vortex rewrite this file straight into skyrim ->data->scripts - the same about rewrite. If ther eno this file, then you have wrong DD 5.1 instalation

If after that in game boots equip, then you have wrong DD 5.1 installation or some of your mod have patch what rewrites this  script file.

If still not work, then there probably is problem with racemenu installation (wrong instalation, racemenu ddl not loaded, wrong load order or something else.

That's my last idea.

zadSlaveBootsScript.pex 1.33 kB · 0 downloads

Many thx for your idea, eventually I can equip the boots with attaching your pex.

I seem the pex file has already existed in my folder because I can overwrite the file.

So as you said, DD SE 5.1 installation is somewhat wrong. But I only install DD 5.1 file via vortex.

Anyways, thanks so much to solve the problem! 

7 hours ago, Gwentag said:

Thanks for you help. The missing textures were indeed because DCL was missing. 

Physics are working with the 3bbb body so i suppose they do generally. The chains are broken in the middle and move slightly. Reloading the game doesnt fix it. Any ideas?

These are my logs. I dont really see anything wrong but I dont really know how to read them :)

skee64.log 12.07 kB · 0 downloads hdtSMP64.log 5.71 kB · 0 downloads

3BBB can use CBPC physics for the body - it's an install option. So no, it doesn't absolutely mean HDT SMP is working.

I meant the skse64 log (for skse) not the skee64 log (for racemenu). Oh well, hdt smp log shows it is working.

Try these, I think at one point the mesh was pointing to the wrong (DCL) xml path, I don't remember when i fixed it.

It goes in:

\meshes\devious\Zaz

zazanklechainsballsocket_1.nif

zazanklechainsragdolls_1.nif

zazanklechainsragdollssilver_1.nif

20 minutes ago, kawnao said:

This solve problem only partially. There more boots scripts in DD 5.1 and DCL 9.0 what is patched for SE version.

I can't remember all script names.  So in some day you maybe found some other boots from DCL or DD what will give the same nioverride error because use other old script in scripts folder.

9 hours ago, remodel said:

Interested in installing SMP-HDT and applying it to DD5.1.  I have a potato PC; thus, I installed the CBBE special body which has CBPC physics.  None of my armor or clothing mods feature HDT features.  Works great for me. 

I’m under the impression that a few SMP-HDT enabled items will work and not overload my potato, like wigs and DD5.1.  Especially the tail plugs for SLUTS Resume.

I’ve seen a post that stated you need an HDT skinned body for the nodes to attach HDT devious devices.  If this is true, then SMP-HDT will not be an option for me.

Will a non-HDT skinned body work with HDT enabled DD?

HDT is required only for the chains. The other outfits work just fine with CBPC physics. To work around this, build the no HDT versions of the chains.

If you do want SMP, you don't need an SMP skinned body - CBPC is an excellent light weight alternate and 3bbb or bhunp will let you do one or the other or even a mix of the two. You do need a skeleton that supports HDT.

All that said, HDT by itself can be taxing, so it's up to you to determine if it works or not. It is just an skse dll, so it's safe to add and remove as needed. Try installing it (no avx if your cpu is older than 2011) and build the HDT chains. If you run into problems, just uninstall HDT SMP and build the no HDT versions of the chains again.

7 hours ago, remodel said:

When I did the BodySlide NO-HDT build, restrictive boots came up as a selection without an HDT option; so I selected and built them.

If you do the preview, you'll see there's no actual chains on them, so they aren't "HDT". The HDT boots are the Harness boots, and have a no HDT option. The no HDT options looks visually the same as the restrictive boots 01/02. Restrictive boots without a number are actually a thigh high boot deal with no chains. Anything that requires HDT should also have a conflicting no HDT option, that should be clear when batch built. The other restrictive boots I seem to have duplicates of so just pick one.

None of these are HDT, pick either they should be the same:

image.png.24f9e34b04f2ab0e34daaf93932b8576.png

These are the HDT boots:

image.png.5cd364647fd9750f0f6cf689648e5b3a.png

8 hours ago, tekkkie said:

After triple checking body slide it seems almost all of the outfits giving this problem are from DCL, so maybe I should have asked there...
It also appears that some of these outfits have UUNP parts registered in BodySlide while I use a CBBE body.
Are there CBBE files of the catsuits available somewhere?

Which ones have UNP? The new CBBE SE has some sliders that are similarly named like UNP sliders, but they are all CBBE SE. If you see actual UNP bodies in the outfits, then you selected the wrong options during install.

These are CBBE sliders despite the names. It's just a way to get something for CBBE users to approximate a popular UNP body, but the sliders are CBBE and not UNP conformed. Old base shape is the CBBE LE shape.

Spoiler

image.png.976bce4d95b8182d36dec226d1336f50.png

That said, there are so many combinations of outfits that we CANNOT ensure  there is no clipping with any combination of them. If you don't have clipping with either when worn separately, then the bodyslides are built correctly.  If you frequently wear the boots over catsuits, you may need to adjust the boots in outfit studio yourself to fix the clipping  when they are worn together. This may be better in the next version of DD, as another person is going over the bodyslide conversions I've done and has made adjustments to the catsuits so they fit much closer to the body, but even then we don't expect that to solve all clipping issues.

For DCL, if you're using 3bbb, i've got an updated bodyslide for the transparent catsuit on the troubleshooting post. Otherwise, this is what I see for the DCL catsuits - all with the CBBE SE body:

Spoiler

image.png.683368f78b39086f3a24bad6267a07e5.png

image.png.328733e6d8c402611148a211c6a00469.png

image.png.161e04feac35aec7e3c28d060000dead.png

6 hours ago, ghostdragonv said:

Hi I seem to have an issue again that I have narrowed down to only happening once I have Devious devices installed, its fine to boot up it installs all okay. But as soon as I save and then reload all the mods will begin their install again and loop forever. Turning DD off stops this happening I have a pastebin link below, with my load order  is anyone else having this sort of issue? it seems to happen with random mods together with DD like some follower mods that are SE versions cant run while DD does, certain player homes dont run as well if DD is running. Just wondering if there is a certain script that DD might be using thats being changed by these types of mods, im honestly just guessing at this point as im out of options

Anyone else have this issue?

https://pastebin.pl/view/560fd2fa

Nothing should be overwriting DD scripts. If you have, then odds are that mod is incompatible.

Never heard of this issue, so it's something in your load order. Nothing in DD should be causing issues with house mods either. If you've got other script heavy mods, well, DD itself is script heavy so you might just be reaching the limit of what your config/pc can handle.

What you can do is create a new profile with just dd and it's requirements enabled, then slowly add mods until you find the issue or it is all enabled and everything is working as expected. And that last is not a contradiction - I've had to do a stepped load order for new games for some specific mods...

Hi, first time posting here. Does anyone know what could cause this issue with the devices? I've for sure run bodyslide on the files, etc. and its only particular armors that cause this to happen. Not quite sure how to fix this myself, any help would be appreciated.

bug.png

5 hours ago, kawnao said:

Many thx for your idea, eventually I can equip the boots with attaching your pex.

I seem the pex file has already existed in my folder because I can overwrite the file.

So as you said, DD SE 5.1 installation is somewhat wrong. But I only install DD 5.1 file via vortex.

I've just heard that sometimes vortex doesn't register that some files are installed unless it has been relaunched. Have you  exited and re-launched vortex at any point after re-installing DD?

5 minutes ago, Nixy said:

Hi, first time posting here. Does anyone know what could cause this issue with the devices? I've for sure run bodyslide on the files, etc. and its only particular armors that cause this to happen. Not quite sure how to fix this myself, any help would be appreciated.

Priority issue on the boots. If that top uses both the body slot and the calves slot (common with outfits that are supposed to show legs when nothing else is worn) then the top has priority over the boots.

There should be a fix in here somewhere by elsidia, or just increase the priority in xedit for the boots yourself.

3 hours ago, zarantha said:

If you do the preview, you'll see there's no actual chains on them, so they aren't "HDT". The HDT boots are the Harness boots, and have a no HDT option. The no HDT options looks visually the same as the restrictive boots 01/02. Restrictive boots without a number are actually a thigh high boot deal with no chains. Anything that requires HDT should also have a conflicting no HDT option, that should be clear when batch built. The other restrictive boots I seem to have duplicates of so just pick one.

I seem to have gotten something a little different.  BTW thanks for helping.

These where my BodySlide NO HDT selections and Output results.  I hid the HDT nifs as you can see.  As far as the Harness boots and gloves go, maybe I selected wrong.  I'm still wondering if I should rebuild without the restrictive boots. 

Thanks again for the assist.  I can see a lot of work went into this.

NO HDT Build Selections 2.jpg

BodySlide Build.jpg

36 minutes ago, remodel said:

I seem to have gotten something a little different.  BTW thanks for helping.

These where my BodySlide NO HDT selections and Output results.  I hid the HDT nifs as you can see and how gloves got in there I have no idea.   I'm still wondering if I should rebuild without the restrictive boots.

Thanks again for the assist.  I can see a lot of work went into this.

NO HDT Build Selections 2.jpg

BodySlide Build.jpg

RestrictiveBoots01/02 and RestrictiveBootsHarness01/02 are two different outfits. They are not the same.

You've basically just hidden the mesh for one of the outfits, so you'll have invisible outfits. You'll need to unhide them for things to work.

The "NoHDT" basically builds a no HDT version of the "RestrictiveBootsHarnessXXHDT" mesh. The name "RestrictiveBootsHarnessXXHDT" is required for an outfit, but with the no HDT version built it will not have HDT despite the name. The output file name cannot be changed without making changes to the ESP.

Below are what the nifs map to for the in game black versions of these nifs. See the differences now?

DDX - CBBE SE - RestrictiveBoots01 = Meshes\Devious\Heretic\Boots\RestrictiveBoots01_0/1.nif = zadx_HR_IronBoots01BlackAA = Iron Ballet Boots

DDX - CBBE SE - RestrictiveBoots02 = Meshes\Devious\Heretic\Boots\RestrictiveBoots02_0/1.nif = zadx_HR_IronBoots02BlackAA = Iron Ballet Boots (Reinforced)

DDX - HarnessBoots01 (HDT) = Meshes\Devious\Heretic\Boots\RestrictiveBootsHarness01HDT_0/1.nif = zadx_HR_IronBootsHarness01BlackHDTAA = Iron Chain Harness (Ankles)

DDX - HarnessBoots01 (NOHDT) = Meshes\Devious\Heretic\Boots\RestrictiveBootsHarness01HDT_0/1.nif = zadx_HR_IronBootsHarness01BlackHDTAA = Iron Chain Harness (Ankles)

DDX - HarnessBoots02 (HDT) = Meshes\Devious\Heretic\Boots\RestrictiveBootsHarness02HDT_0/1.nif = zadx_HR_IronBootsHarness02BlackHDTAA = AA is not referenced by any armor, so not used at this time.

DDX - HarnessBoots02 (NOHDT) = Meshes\Devious\Heretic\Boots\RestrictiveBootsHarness02HDT_0/1.nif = zadx_HR_IronBootsHarness02BlackHDTAA = AA is not referenced by any armor, so not used at this time.

DDX - HarnessGloves (HDT) = Meshes\Devious\Heretic\Gloves\RestrictiveGlovesHarnessHDT_0/1.nif = zadx_HR_IronGlovesHarnessBlackHDTAA = Iron Chain Harness (Wrists)

DDX - HarnessGloves (NOHDT) = Meshes\Devious\Heretic\Gloves\RestrictiveGlovesHarnessHDT_0/1.nif = zadx_HR_IronGlovesHarnessBlackHDTAA = Iron Chain Harness (Wrists)

14 hours ago, zarantha said:

I've just heard that sometimes vortex doesn't register that some files are installed unless it has been relaunched. Have you  exited and re-launched vortex at any point after re-installing DD?

Sometimes I reload vortex, but not all.

When I reinstall DD next time, I will reload vortex.

6 hours ago, oiledupgrandma said:

the download on mega just crashes out the browser entirely

Downloaded DD just yesterday. Looks like that's some personal bug for some number of people. What's your RAM and HDD/SSD free space? Only thing I can imagine is that you have small free space on your RAM for chrome with download or on drive where your Chrome is installed... Or that Google activated some crashy function for some wave of people =__=

While i search for problems with Whip and Chain inn i found another problem. Not sure is it related to SE version or same is in LE but:

zadc_gallowspole_woodenhorse "Wooden Horse Pole" [ACTI:0C0063F9] sometimes CTD my game when try to apply NPC or player. No matter.

As i understand problem is in idles:

DDC_GallowsPoleWoodenHorse_Struggle [IDLE:0C0063F0] and DDC_GallowsPoleWoodenHorse [IDLE:0C0063EF]

Even when you just play this idle by console game CTD

Add netscripframework crash log.

But sometimes it's not crash. In most cases crash.

If you want to test it:

Spoiler

open console and write

help "Gallows Pole (Wooden Horse) Kit"

player.additem id where id is this kit, my is 0C00F4CE, 0C is contraptions hex load order.

exit to console and drop item to ground. Pole appears.

Save a game and try use this device. If not CTD, exit from Skyrim, run again, load a save and try again.

If after 6 times there no CTD, then seems problem is on my side...

Crash_2021_5_23_21-53-25.txt

@Kimy devices from contraptions below from list have wrong zadcFurnitureScript Reward property. If it uses by default it generates papyrus log errors.

Property Reward is set as type none.

need type Array of object -> value zadc_SefBondageRewardDefault [LVLI:0C004E31]

And here is list:

zadc_gallowspole_overhead "Pole" [ACTI:0C001D96]

zadc_gallowspole_strappado "Strappado Pole" [ACTI:0C0063F7]

zadc_gallowspole_woodenhorse "Wooden Horse Pole" [ACTI:0C0063F9]

zadc_gallowspole_suspend_hogtie "Pole" [ACTI:0C008324]

zadc_gallowspole_upside_down "Pole" [ACTI:0C008325]

17 hours ago, zarantha said:

The "NoHDT" basically builds a no HDT version of the "RestrictiveBootsHarnessXXHDT" mesh. The name "RestrictiveBootsHarnessXXHDT" is required for an outfit, but with the no HDT version built it will not have HDT despite the name. The output file name cannot be changed without making changes to the ESP.

AH, I see now says the blind man.  Saw the HDT and got confused.

Very helpful, Thanks

I stumbled across a problem, where putting NPCs in Devious Contraptions sometimes ends up turning off their collisions even after exiting the device. So one can walk right through them or "look" inside their model.

Spoiler

screenshot01.jpg.1b6227c3f5b4bfc5e74df3b4d733de81.jpg

First time i had this was when trying to update DD4.3 to DD5.1 on LE on a running savegame. It also turned NPCs "non intractable" most of the time, meaning even the cursor would no longer identify them and no starting of a conversation was possible, but figured that might just be a side effect of mid game updating which always can lead to unforeseen consequences.

Since then I started a complete new installation with Skyrim SE and using DD5.1 SE from the get go. I'm still in the testing stages of the game if all mods are even working as intended and found the same bug "no collisions on NPCs after exiting contraption" to happen even on new saves. Not always however and without the "can't interact with NPC" bug.

Another thing i noticed: I know that DD can be a harsh mistress, especially when it comes to adding and removing devices from NPCs or even the player character with all the scripts that check for restriction and debuffs, but the (new?) "Hooked Elbow Shackles" seem to be quite finicky. Wearing them as the player character does nothing, not even showing the model (the non hooked version and other devices works fine). Elbow Shackles per se have a problem wher they leave the model behind attached to the NPC even after removing them. Only way to get rid of it is giving them an other device (like the Collar (Harnes)) and then removing that.

So I'm not sure right now if that just happens from time to time, or if something is not right with my setup and if how i can fix that.

(Using MO2, DD5.1 SE Mod files are not been overwritten by anything, papyrus0.log shows no errors as much as i can see, maybe Nether's Follower Framework does not work well with DD?)

On 5/23/2021 at 12:37 PM, Elsidia said:

@Kimy devices from contraptions below from list have wrong zadcFurnitureScript Reward property. If it uses by default it generates papyrus log errors.

Property Reward is set as type none.

need type Array of object -> value zadc_SefBondageRewardDefault [LVLI:0C004E31]

And here is list:

zadc_gallowspole_overhead "Pole" [ACTI:0C001D96]

zadc_gallowspole_strappado "Strappado Pole" [ACTI:0C0063F7]

zadc_gallowspole_woodenhorse "Wooden Horse Pole" [ACTI:0C0063F9]

zadc_gallowspole_suspend_hogtie "Pole" [ACTI:0C008324]

zadc_gallowspole_upside_down "Pole" [ACTI:0C008325]

Will fix this! :)

I'm having an issue where I am unable to remove devices. If I have the proper keys, a follower (I believe through the devious helpers mod) can remove my devices, or through cursed loot, a blacksmith can remove them by paying ~250 gold. If I try to remove my boots, for instance, the struggle animation will play, and maybe it'll pop up that I successfully unlocked them, but the item will remain equipped on my character.

Does anyone else have issues with this? I have tried making a new game, and most recently I added a few mods to my load order like armor and clothing replacers, cbbe smp, demoniac textures, and bikini armor. 

I also tried reinstalling devious devices without the "for him" because I was initially having an issue with corsets not showing on my character, (I assume) locks from those corsets staying on my character even though the item itself is not on there, and when I dropped a restrictive corset from my inventory it would experience no physics/slowly fall to the ground from roughly a meter up in the air. 

Weird.

This makes my game totally unplayable. Any suggestions are welcome. I will also post this to the devious framework side of things to see if they have any suggestions. Not sure how all of these things work but I have a feeling it's a bit of a mod interaction problem.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.06ab74b1a642ef8703128af9518a7d52.pngimage.thumb.png.f0c58aadea0c14431afd033a3356ff17.pngimage.png.3d87f6409a5aca71e9fb699fd2c96b7d.pngimage.png.02b344cfde4bef11576e24e5dee59736.png