14 hours ago, ungodlytomato said:

Do gags work with beast races (argonians in my case)? I did choose to install BRRF when instaling DD. Just asking to see if it's intended for them to be invisible or if there is something wrong with my game.

M/F? Which gag?

if you have For Him as well, the BRRF esp goes below For Him esp.

Spoiler

Male:

image.png.4468e79520b8d2eee74933020091e2c5.png

image.png.6617617c96160907c1f30098b01cbe21.png

Female

image.png.47c407cef2c0053ede117b2039b1f806.png

image.png.70796537b386950f35a59b3bee7aeca0.png

3 hours ago, LinksSword said:

got an issue when i am unarmed and i am in attack mode my character arms go back as if they are still in an armbinder when moving. and in combat my character is using bound yoke moves...

so something is messed up here.

Are you using nemesis? If you are, try with FNIS only. you may need to reinstall your FNIS mods since last i heard nemesis screws up the animations if you switch back. There have been inconsistent results reported by users when using FNIS. Most have the wrong animations playing, very few have them working right.

23 hours ago, zarantha said:

The crafting was left in game mostly because users wanted it for the key crafting, as opposed to removing it completely.

So I believe it isn't getting expanded anymore. So none of the new stuff should be in there.

You can buy all the gear at the vendors in the Whip and Chain Inn or from the Dollmaker if you have DCL. I don't have Laura's Bondage Shop, but I would think the items are sold there too.

You'd have to create a plugin yourself to add crafting for the new items if you really want crafting.

Thanks for the info. I actually stumbled upon this:

It took a little fiddling in the mcm to figure it out, but it allows you to equip whatever DD items you want and start a self-administered bondage session. Once the timer is up, you can try to struggle free like usual, and with the correct settings, the removed items will appear in your inventory.

6 minutes ago, skydragon92 said:

Thanks for the info. I actually stumbled upon this:

It took a little fiddling in the mcm to figure it out, but it allows you to equip whatever DD items you want and start a self-administered bondage session. Once the timer is up, you can try to struggle free like usual, and with the correct settings, the removed items will appear in your inventory.

I use it only to get rid of stuck devices. :D

Yes, there's a lot of functionality in there that I don't use and don't want.

The ebonite armbinder is invisible for me and I can't find its bodyslide. I tried selecting the DD groups or searching for DDX, but it's not there. Only the one from DDA. I have the mesh for it (ArmbEbonite) in the folders, but it doesn't seem to work.

Ok, So I've been running my playthrough for a long time. (So long I've got DD ver 4.2.) Somehow, Skyrim SE launched from the game icon from Steam. (I blame my cat) which means it updated and I needed to update my script extender and various mods. 

I had thought DD and DCL were included in that list but apparently they aren't. I'm at a point I could just install new physics and be on my way. However, I have some questions I'd like some advice on before I proceed.

My current physics had to be DLed from a chinese website, cause that's the only place the mod author posted them. I've heard there's new HDT physics on Nexus. If I install them will that force me to reinstall DD and thus DCL?

Is the functionailty added by the newer versions of DD and DCL worth upgrading to from 4.2? I don't WANT to restart, but I will if the incentive is good.

I've read the last 20-25 pages or so to see what I might glean from that.  Obv my HDT heels is broken and I see racemenu heels seems to be the prefered replacement. Is that a separate mod, or was that included in my new racemenu and I just didn't see it?

Thanks in advance for your time and opinions. Depending on answers I may have more questions. 

19 hours ago, zarantha said:

Are you using nemesis? If you are, try with FNIS only. you may need to reinstall your FNIS mods since last i heard nemesis screws up the animations if you switch back. There have been inconsistent results reported by users when using FNIS. Most have the wrong animations playing, very few have them working right.

nope not nemesis cant anyways because i use animal behaviors, but no i started with fnis and still use fnis so that being the issue is out the question and like i said it only happens when running unarmed.

i don't use fnis sexy move either. I do have toys framework installed which can cause issues with DD "author wants to make them compatible" depending on slots being used but that shouldn't cause issues with vanilla animations.

1 hour ago, LinksSword said:

nope not nemesis cant anyways because i use animal behaviors, but no i started with fnis and still use fnis so that being the issue is out the question and like i said it only happens when running unarmed.

i don't use fnis sexy move either. I do have toys framework installed which can cause issues with DD "author wants to make them compatible" depending on slots being used but that shouldn't cause issues with vanilla animations.

You know the answer, I had to revert to an earlier save made before installing Toys and SLAVE to get rid of the same problem after uninstalling Toys and SLAVE.

Does anyone know how to attempt to fix a jammed device? The mod says that the player can attempt to fix jams, and when you get a key jammed in a device, the message suggests you try to repair it. But I see no option to fix a jam anywhere! There is no option to try to repair the lock when interacting with the device, I've looked through powers, tried to use crafting tables, spoken to smiths, and there is no listed hotkey.

1 hour ago, mateayat98 said:

Does anyone know how to attempt to fix a jammed device? The mod says that the player can attempt to fix jams, and when you get a key jammed in a device, the message suggests you try to repair it. But I see no option to fix a jam anywhere! There is no option to try to repair the lock when interacting with the device, I've looked through powers, tried to use crafting tables, spoken to smiths, and there is no listed hotkey.

It should be an option when trying to escape the device.

image.png.9eebbc86f16f92233f2a011306aaf91d.png

5 hours ago, LinksSword said:

As Tron suggested, seems to be a Toys issue. Someone reported a similar issue, and VirginMarie stated the armbinder animations were a work in progress. She's replaced some of the standard animations for hand to hand combat. Granted, she says NPC only, but would not surprise me that it affects the PC too. Try without Toys and Toys dependent mods, or just equip a weapon until she fixes it.

I'd report the issue there too, so she knows it's not just NPCs.

12 hours ago, Starphyre said:

Ok, So I've been running my playthrough for a long time. (So long I've got DD ver 4.2.) Somehow, Skyrim SE launched from the game icon from Steam. (I blame my cat) which means it updated and I needed to update my script extender and various mods. 

I had thought DD and DCL were included in that list but apparently they aren't. I'm at a point I could just install new physics and be on my way. However, I have some questions I'd like some advice on before I proceed.

My current physics had to be DLed from a chinese website, cause that's the only place the mod author posted them. I've heard there's new HDT physics on Nexus. If I install them will that force me to reinstall DD and thus DCL?

Is the functionailty added by the newer versions of DD and DCL worth upgrading to from 4.2? I don't WANT to restart, but I will if the incentive is good.

I've read the last 20-25 pages or so to see what I might glean from that.  Obv my HDT heels is broken and I see racemenu heels seems to be the prefered replacement. Is that a separate mod, or was that included in my new racemenu and I just didn't see it?

Thanks in advance for your time and opinions. Depending on answers I may have more questions. 

The only difference between HDT SMP on the chinese site and the HDT SMP on the Nexus site is the Nexus one has been updated and only has one DLL. At this point, all the mods should be fine with that, the only exception being mods that want the HDT SMP High Heels specifically. You'll need to ask on those mod threads if you use/require HDT HH. As far as DD goes, it doesn't care who provides the HDT SMP as long as it's there and working. The Nexus one is recommended because it does have some of the glaring SMP bugs fixed. Not all of them, but some.

The DD functionality is much improved and additional devices are added. It is moving away from using a database to using the skyrim native formlists, which does improve performance. There has also been improvements to the DD animation filter, although that is controversial since it can also no longer be disabled. The equip/unequip has also been rewritten and is much faster and more reliable. Still not 100% like we hoped, but much better as far as i'm concerned. I think the rope bindings and straitjacket items will be new to you, pretty sure ropes were 4.3, and the straitjackets are 5.0. My favorite new thing is there is now an option to save your MCM settings, since I frequently end up starting over.

DCL has added it's own prison, and with DCL 9.0 the quests have been modified to be part of one large quest arc. The quest arc is not yet finished, but contains most of the current quests. new quests will be added later. There is a new follower named chloe, you'll find her at helgen when starting a new game. She can stay with you as a follower (not master) through all the quests or you can dismiss her after her quest is done. DCL takes advantage of the new ropes and straitjackets offered in DD 5.x, but doesn't have new items of it's own. Depending on what version of DCL you were using, some quests will either be gone, or only partly there. Forbidden Bookshelf (or something like that) is one those.

Racemenu heels is a separate mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18045

If you still have the old versions of DD and DCL installed, and want to stay on that old game, all you really need to do is download 5.1 and get the new DLL from there.

It's in  \05 Core SE dll\SKSE\Plugins  in the fomod archive.

21 hours ago, Inception said:

The ebonite armbinder is invisible for me and I can't find its bodyslide. I tried selecting the DD groups or searching for DDX, but it's not there. Only the one from DDA. I have the mesh for it (ArmbEbonite) in the folders, but it doesn't seem to work.

If you're UNP, then get the bodyslide files from the troubleshooting post. They will be in a DD Binders group.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-50-2020-11-26/page/111/?tab=comments#comment-3077930

I use CBBE and the armbinder show up for me, so if you are CBBE you need to check where your bodyslide output is going.

The armbinders and elbowbinders for CBBE are in the DD Framework CBBE SE group.

Does anyone know if there is a way to legitimately obtain furniture keys in game without using addmenuitem or console commands? I'd at least like to have a sporting chance to escape the furniture traps that spawn before the timer runs out. Considering I use the born slave difficulty modifier, it's REALLY difficult to struggle out of things.

55 minutes ago, serranna said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to legitimately obtain furniture keys in game without using addmenuitem or console commands?

You can blame me if i wrong, but only by use DCL 9.0

Maybe it's spawn in chests but maybe it's spawn from Whip and Chain inn key packages and probably it can be get as reward for Whip and Chains inn mini games.

I my playthrough i got 1 furniture key, but don't remember where. Probably in Whip and Chain inn.

UPD: By check DCL 9.0 i can officially say, that this key is in Whip and Chain inn reward list. And only there. Probably that means that only here furniture key can be got.

@zarantha Thank you for the response. I elected to restart after all. I wanted to expand what I was seeing in game, so I also added a half dozen new mods.  Somehow I don't think my physics are working though. Not sure if I did something wrong during the batch build. 

Everything showed up fine for me during the Delivery Refused section of the game, but no breast jiggle, and I installed some SMP hair and it's not moving either

6 hours ago, Starphyre said:

@zarantha Thank you for the response. I elected to restart after all. I wanted to expand what I was seeing in game, so I also added a half dozen new mods.  Somehow I don't think my physics are working though. Not sure if I did something wrong during the batch build. 

Everything showed up fine for me during the Delivery Refused section of the game, but no breast jiggle, and I installed some SMP hair and it's not moving either

Try both naked and clothed. If you have no breast jiggle while naked, make sure you built the physics or special body in bodyslide.

If there's still no physics, are you using an older pc? You might need the no avx version. You can check if the HDT SMP dll is loading in the skse64.log in \Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE

If naked physics work, then make sure you built HDT versions of the outfits, when there is an option. If there's no option, the outfit should have the breast weighting by default for physics.

6 hours ago, Elsidia said:

You can blame me if i wrong, but only by use DCL 9.0

Maybe it's spawn in chests but maybe it's spawn from Whip and Chain inn key packages and probably it can be get as reward for Whip and Chains inn mini games.

I my playthrough i got 1 furniture key, but don't remember where. Probably in Whip and Chain inn.

UPD: By check DCL 9.0 i can officially say, that this key is in Whip and Chain inn reward list. And only there. Probably that means that only here furniture key can be got.

That makes sense considering I only went inside the Inn once time, and it was during the beta test.

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

Try both naked and clothed. If you have no breast jiggle while naked, make sure you built the physics or special body in bodyslide.

If there's still no physics, are you using an older pc? You might need the no avx version. You can check if the HDT SMP dll is loading in the skse64.log in \Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE

If naked physics work, then make sure you built HDT versions of the outfits, when there is an option. If there's no option, the outfit should have the breast weighting by default for physics.

I can't find an SKSE64.log that's dated later than 2019. There's a SKSE64.txt dated this morning at 6:12 which is when I signed off this morning, and it appears log-like, so I'll guess that's it. A ctrl-F on both HDT and SMP returned no results, so I'll guess that's the problem. My comp was built in early 2019...I guess I didn't think that was 'old'. It is an i5 CPU though I'll try installing the 'no avx' version. In theory I shouldn't have to rebuild the outfits, cause I already built the HDT versions. Is that correct, or should I do it again anyway?

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSMP64.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 5 of 6
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSMP64.dll (00000001 hdtSSEPhysics 00000001) loaded correctly (handle 5)

This is there.  But no physics.

593ae605e5f0989a397e742275296e67.png

I rebuilt the naked body. Still no physics.

3 hours ago, Starphyre said:

I can't find an SKSE64.log that's dated later than 2019

If it's not updating every time you run skyrim then you have a problem with skse itself, or you aren't launching the game using the skse launcher. Make sure you are following the install instructions for skse for the mod manager you are using. When launching the game, your mod manager should be using skse_launcher not the skyrim launcher.

3 hours ago, Starphyre said:

My comp was built in early 2019

No avx would be 2011 or earlier, so that's probably not it.

2 hours ago, Starphyre said:

I've never tried building when the outfit/body name is in brackets. That means that that particular body or outfit is not in the selected groups. I wouldn't have thought it would work, and i'm not sure it is even though the pop would usually mean it was built successfully.

Try hitting the grey x to the right side of the field where it says "Bikini Replacer". This should clear the selected groups and make everything available in the outfit/body list. Then try building the body one more time.

image.png.58a3a907ca702334dc68c73d9fc14195.png

Quick question for the DD crew... I have  noticed that some of the world Contraptions placed by DD 5.1 seem to have their textures not loading correctly. (It must be one of the layers not loading correctly, because I am seeing them in various blends of shades of greens and purples and other times, as nearly invisible, save for shades of black...

Is there a way that I can regenerate these textures?

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

If it's not updating every time you run skyrim then you have a problem with skse itself, or you aren't launching the game using the skse launcher. Make sure you are following the install instructions for skse for the mod manager you are using. When launching the game, your mod manager should be using skse_launcher not the skyrim launcher.

No avx would be 2011 or earlier, so that's probably not it.

I've never tried building when the outfit/body name is in brackets. That means that that particular body or outfit is not in the selected groups. I wouldn't have thought it would work, and i'm not sure it is even though the pop would usually mean it was built successfully.

Try hitting the grey x to the right side of the field where it says "Bikini Replacer". This should clear the selected groups and make everything available in the outfit/body list. Then try building the body one more time.

image.png.58a3a907ca702334dc68c73d9fc14195.png

I'm launching through Vortex, using the SKSE launcher. I was going to verify it, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the tool button to tell me what it's pointing to. The icon looks kinda like a blue dot matrix printer though.  I've pasted you part of my last (at the time) SKSE log, which was timestamped this morning. I switched back to the regular HDT SMP mod.

I didn't know that was an issue with bodyslide. I'll probably rebuild everything and make sure that group selector is cleared. However I DID rebuild the naked body with the group selector cleared, and I'm still not seeing physics. Just to be sure that maybe my model's not exactly huge chest might be too small to see it (even though she's about a D) I made the breasts ridiculously massive in racemenu and no, there's no physics.

Edit: I found it. I'm using the SKSE launcher.

319f49ac9627431da1261bd0d873cea8.png

2 hours ago, shiftbitlogic said:

Quick question for the DD crew... I have  noticed that some of the world Contraptions placed by DD 5.1 seem to have their textures not loading correctly. (It must be one of the layers not loading correctly, because I am seeing them in various blends of shades of greens and purples and other times, as nearly invisible, save for shades of black...

Is there a way that I can regenerate these textures?

which contraptions? can you click on it while in the console and get the id? we can try verifying it.

I haven't seen complaints of missing textures here or in the LE thread. This is likely an install error with DD. Try reinstalling.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Starphyre said:

checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSMP64.dll
registering plugin listener for SKSE at 5 of 6
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\hdtSMP64.dll (00000001 hdtSSEPhysics 00000001) loaded correctly (handle 5)

This is there.  But no physics.

593ae605e5f0989a397e742275296e67.png

Do you have CBBE SMP (3BBB) or CBBE 3BA (3BBB) installed?