FULLY VOICED Companion: Completely Oversexed Ivy 3.2

50 minutes ago, pohy said:

very interesting!where to find her?

You can find her at the workbench of Sanctuary! :smile:

52 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

When you said Ivy in the title, I was like, "Oh shit... yes! Fucking hell yes! Ivy Valentine! I mean, who else could it be!?"

::A few moments later::

Oh, well, I guess it will suffice.

I actually named her after the voice module I used to create the dialogue. (Ivona 2 Ivy, which I then switched to Ivona 2 Salli).

29 minutes ago, TacomancerCat said:

fully voiced at 12mb :s that some major compression, ill give her a try

*edit*

i talk to and try and get her to follow me and jsut stands there and i'm unable to talk to her again :frown: also fast travelling she didn't come with

It's all fuzzed. It sounds good in game.

Strange, I just played with her as companion for an hour with no issues.

Did you unpack the file in the correct directory?

Check for the existence of this folder: Fallout 4\data\Sound\Voice\CompanionIvy.esp\_NPC_IVY

Do you have any companion altering mods installed? I've only tested this with the dogmeat as extra companion mod so far.

Try moving the esp up in the load order (as in right after the esm's).

39 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

It's all fuzzed. It sounds good in game.

Strange, I just played with her as companion for an hour with no issues.

Did you unpack the file in the correct directory?

Check for the existence of this folder: Fallout 4\data\Sound\Voice\CompanionIvy.esp\_NPC_IVY

Do you have any companion altering mods installed? I've only tested this with the dogmeat as extra companion mod so far.

Try moving the esp up in the load order (as in right after the esm's).

no other NPC mods or altering ones, i just installed using NNM

she is there and is voiced

just does't move or follow after trying to get her to follow (don't think she moves at all/ she idles but does't move from her spot, i even tried "moveto player" to see if shes stuck

after talking to her and getting her to join she wont talk back

49 minutes ago, TacomancerCat said:

no other NPC mods or altering ones, i just installed using NNM

she is there and is voiced

just does't move or follow after trying to get her to follow (don't think she moves at all/ she idles but does't move from her spot, i even tried "moveto player" to see if shes stuck

after talking to her and getting her to join she wont talk back

Mmm... sounds finicky. Did you try the suggestions in my earlier post?

The best real advice I can give is, try it with a clean save or new game?

Is anyone else having this issue?

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Mmm... sounds finicky. Did you try the suggestions in my earlier post?

The best real advice I can give is, try it with a clean save or new game?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I have exactely the same issue.

But in my case, I'm using AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks)

57 minutes ago, stf19620 said:

Yes, I have exactely the same issue.

But in my case, I'm using AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks)

Can you try placing the esp at the top of the loading order, then try it with a fresh savegame, or preferably a new game?

It must be a compatibility issue with another mod. Which mods do you have installed?

Also, try this:

QUICKSAVE

1. Pull up console with ~, then select the NPC with mouse. Their ID on screen should be numbered something like " (1234567)EP " with the EP or similar suffix. If the console gripes when you hit enter in step 2. then you selected the wrong thing. After selecting the NPC and their number is in the center of the screen, do NOT click/button press anything else on-screen until AFTER step 3 or you'll have to reload.

2. Type " disable " without the quotations and hit enter. Close console so game updates.

3. Wait a second then reopen console, and this time type " enable ". Close console.

Check if she's still bugged.

Another thing you can try is this:

Ttake a diffrent follower, send her somewhere, then go pick her back up again.

And this one sounds weird but actually works when this error pops up with vanilla companions:

<prid / click select Ivy in the console>

Console command > resurrect

55 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Can you try placing the esp at the top of the loading order, then try it with a fresh savegame, or preferably a new game?

It must be a compatibility issue with another mod. Which mods do you have installed?

Also, try this:

Another thing you can try is this:

And this one sounds weird but actually works when this error pops up with vanilla companions:

Tried:

- Move esp at top of the list just below the last esm

- New game

- disable/enable

- resurrect

- deactivate AFT

same issue...

I'll try manual install and let you know.

3 minutes ago, stf19620 said:

Tried:

- Move esp at top of the list just below the last esm

- New game

- disable/enable

- resurrect

- deactivate AFT

same issue...

I'll try manual install and let you know.

Thanks for the help, if it's a bug in the mod then this will help root it out.

So you can talk to her, or she is completely unresponsive?

When you walk up to her the first time, she asks if she can join you and you choose the option 'sounds good' (it's the only option to recruit her).

Let me know how it turns out.

39 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Thanks for the help, if it's a bug in the mod then this will help root it out.

So you can talk to her, or she is completely unresponsive?

When you walk up to her the first time, she asks if she can join you and you choose the option 'sounds good' (it's the only option to recruit her).

Let me know how it turns out.

Everything's fine to the point where you recruit her by selecting the "sounds good" option.

She will state her lines regarding the recruitment then she won't talk to nor follow you afterward. She would then just sandbox around.

1 hour ago, stf19620 said:

Everything's fine to the point where you recruit her by selecting the "sounds good" option.

She will state her lines regarding the recruitment then she won't talk to nor follow you afterward. She would then just sandbox around.

There might be something in the package, or conditions. But in that case I'd expect it wouldn't work for anyone (at all). As it worked for some friends testing it, I figured the package is fine. I changed the package conditions, as a test, can you try out this esp?

Just overwrite the old one.

CompanionIvy.esp

(Remark this is only for those experiencing this exact issue, no need to download this is if works fine for you).

{edit} Okay, I have a theory as to why this could be happening. Some of the lines are dependent on certain quests being done (e.g. Dogmeat's name is not known before a certain quest stage is done). I suspect that it could be related to these dialog lines. If this previous 'patch' does not fix it, then I will create a patch that removes all conditions for dialog, so I can see if that's the underlying issue. Thanks for your patience and help! :smile:

38 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

There might be something in the package, or conditions. But in that case I'd expect it wouldn't work for anyone (at all). As it worked for some friends testing it, I figured the package is fine. I changed the package conditions, as a test, can you try out this esp?

CompanionIvy.esp

(Remark this is only for those experiencing this exact issue, no need to download this is if works fine for you).

{edit} Okay, I have a theory as to why this could be happening. Some of the lines are dependent on certain quests being done (e.g. Dogmeat's name is not known before a certain quest stage is done). I suspect that it could be related to these dialog lines. If this previous 'patch' does not fix it, then I will create a patch that removes all conditions for dialog, so I can see if that's the underlying issue. Thanks for your patience and help! :smile:

Which quests do i need to complete? I'll try if completing them will fix the issue for me.

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

CompanionIvy.esp

hi Reginald_001 impressive work on this companion mod, so i did downloaded and tested first and this esp and i have the same "bug" as stf19620.

last year i tried to make my own companion following THIS tutorial and it worked just with the simple dialogue, but i was having same problem before so

i read the comments on that tut. and somehow i fix it, but i forgot what i did. maybe the fix was from silk115 comment on that video.

i don"t think the "bug" is releated to quest or what quest you completed, but maybe rather with the conditions like: GetInFaction  etc.

So you should check that out.

and yes i was trying to make the voice for companion same as you did with Ivona because i couldn't find a better female text to speech voices.

good luck.

56 minutes ago, Lunatic-Potato said:

Which quests do i need to complete? I'll try if completing them will fix the issue for me.

Normally, the dogmeat quest and the mama murphy quest. If you went to Diamond City, Ivy might comment about Piper (not before).

But I think it has something to do with factions, or the conditions I'm using. I'm going to do a triple check on all conditions I used, and compare it to another custom companion to see if I missed anything.

<edit> Would it be possible that you send me a PM with a bugged Ivy save game? I can load it up and see if your save gives me the same weird behavior.

47 minutes ago, Gamoholik said:

hi Reginald_001 impressive work on this companion mod, so i did downloaded and tested first and this esp and i have the same "bug" as stf19620.

last year i tried to make my own companion following THIS tutorial and it worked just with the simple dialogue, but i was having same problem before so

i read the comments on that tut. and somehow i fix it, but i forgot what i did. maybe the fix was from silk115 comment on that video.

i don"t think the "bug" is releated to quest or what quest you completed, but maybe rather with the conditions like: GetInFaction  etc.

So you should check that out.

and yes i was trying to make the voice for companion same as you did with Ivona because i couldn't find a better female text to speech voices.

good luck.

I will check it out. I have a hunch in that direction as well. But what I don't get is WHY it would work for most and not for some others.

I'm going to go over the regular companions to see if I missed anything.

54 minutes ago, pohy said:

Does it matter the player female or male ?sorry for my English

No, the player is both male and female voiced. This companion only uses shared player dialog.

1 hour ago, Lunatic-Potato said:

Okay, I think (I really hope) that I found it. After going through the conditions for each phase of the dialog quest, I changed the getStage conditions into hasbeencompanion / currentcompanionfaction conditions. I just tested it on one of my first (unmodded) saves and it works like a charm. (Did before for me, but hey).

Let's see if this one does it! And thanks for your patience so far!

(Overwrite the existing esp, load a fresh save that did not have this mod loaded before).

CompanionIvy.esp

8 minutes ago, monstermash334 said:

So downloaded this and she just stands there after initial conversation. I even did the meeting Dogmeat thing and Mama Murphy chair thing if that is what is meant by her quest? Can someone clarify why she won't talk again or follow me.

Try the patch in the post above yours, and let me know if it works for you. Use a clean save (that didn't have this mod loaded) to test it.

And let me know if it works! :smile:

1 minute ago, DominusKaine said:

Same issue as others. Didn't try the test ESPs. Went straight into the mod's zip file, and... no scripts, friend. Can we have them, purrty please?

Well bwoach.. I think you found it. First time packaging a mod like this for me. :smile:

Okay, try this, and let me know if it works? I will immediately update the original file after your confirmation!

CompanionIvy.7z