Character Creation Skill Level Challenge  

405 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Ever Successfully Created a Sexy/Cute....

• Elf (Beginners)
    • Orc (Intermediate)
    • Khajiit (Advanced)
    • Argonian (MASTER!!!)

Let's face it; 99% of anyone looking to create a sexy-looking character for their Skyrim playthrough (and I'm pretty sure that's most of us, considering the site we're on) are going to steer clear of the Beast Races.  You'll see plenty of Humans, a lot of heavily modded Elves, and even a few sexy Orc ladies showing up in mods, screenshots, and videos.  That's great and all, but if you're thinking about playing one of the more animalistic races....let's face it, the game's creation menu is not very kind to them, and surprisingly few mods do much to change this.  If you're lucky, you'll spot the occasional cute khajiit girl, and you may see a small selection of buff-looking Orc and Argonian males around the web.  Still, a good look at the "Post your sex screenshots" thread on this forum will show you that beautiful beasties are few and far between.

SO!  I'm throwing the challenge out there to all you Masters of Creation.  Let's see just how good you are with the character creation menu.  Mods are 100% allowed, so feel free to go nuts with RaceMenu or any other mods you choose.  You can use fancy lighting mods and ENBs to enhance your efforts in screenshots, but bonus points if your creation still looks pleasing with the fancy effects turned off.

Keep in mind, each race and gender comes with its own unique challenges!  The base game is pretty geared towards masculine features, so good-looking male characters will likely be a bit easier to create (especially if you're into the hyper-masculine muscly type).  Orcs are more humanoid and have skin instead of scales or fur, so they are included in quite a few extra mods to help with crafting them.  Khajiit present a larger challenge with fewer mods to available to assist, but they also have the "cute and fluffy" factor working towards them; being mammal probably help a bit too!  Argonians will be the REAL challenge here.  Males are doable with a bit of effort, but a truly sexy Argonian female is a rare sight to behold!  Mods catering to them often veer towards making them MORE beastly, and while this can lead to some amazing creations, it doesn't help too much in the "sexy" department.

Rules:

1.   All non-human/elven races are permitted.  This includes Orcs, because while they may not technically count as a Beast Race, they're left out often enough that they probably deserve a bit of recognition. 

2.   As previously mentioned, don't feel the need to hold back on the mods.  This is a modding community after all, so, by all means, make the most of them.  Also, feel free to enhance your screenshots with lighting effects, ENBs, or even a bit of photoshop! Use the tools available to you.

3.   Female AND Male characters are both welcome!  Males may be considered less challenging by some, but that also means that there should be some really amazing creations to show off!  Eye-candy is eye-candy, and we're not picky. ( ;

4.   Both contributors and casual visitors are welcome, and comments/feedback are appreciated.  You don't need to put up a picture to participate; feel free to just hang around and comment, provided you keep the atmosphere friendly and don't cause any drama.

5.   Feel free to show off your Half-Breed characters, but do keep in mind that managing to pull off a good-looking Argonian or Khajiit without swapping in a human face or torso will probably be considered a more impressive achievement.

Well all, I do believe that's everything.  I'll cut things off here, as I'm sure you're bored of me talking by now. ( ;  So, get to posting, and show us what you're capable of!

IMO Orcs are actually easier to work with than any of the other "beast" races (Khajiit, Argonian or custom, and I use the term "beast" loosely since Orcs aren't really beasts, but whatever), mainly because there's plenty of assets and mods meant for humans or elves that can also be salvaged for use on Orcs just fine. But it's true they are vastly underrepresented as well (if only a tiny bit less than real beast races), so having more of them will always be welcome.

Thus, and also as an example, this is what a bit of dabbling in RaceMenu can give you:

Spoiler

Considering the time I spent working on her until I was happy with the result and comparing it with what it takes to do the same with beast races (when it's actually possible to achieve it, that is), I'm not sure they can actually be considered "intermediate difficulty", lol.

(I should note that the Altmer skin tone instead of a more orcish green/brown and the elven war paint is because this specific character was originally meant to be the "humanoid" counterpart of an Altmer/Orsimer hybrid character I envisioned for my YA playthrough; I think working with proper Orc skin tones is just as easy, and it's also possible to get great results with Dunmer or even human tones anyway).

Now, Khajiit or similar (feline) races are a step up from Orcs, since the amount of mods and cosmetic enhancements for them is practically non-existant when compared to Orcs, elves or any of the humanoid/human-headed Khajiit races. Less paints, less eyes, no brows (wouldn't make sense of them anyway, though), and a very limited selection of hairs, just to name a few. So most the work has to go into (vanilla) sliders, and even then there isn't much to be done with them so you have to rely on things like different head meshes/shapes or texture sets to achieve something unique and attractive.

Here are some pics of a feline character I'm pretty proud of, even though as I said there wasn't much to be done with it.

Spoiler

Aaand last, we get to Argonians. That's where things get interesting hard. As per the OP, attractive male Argonians are relatively easy to pull off, but for some reason the lizard ladies are a no-go most of the time. May be their head design, may be their voices, may be the texture/skin style, I don't know, but I've never managed to create a female Argonian character whose apperance I was happy with.

Though I should mention that some of the closest I've ever seen to "sexy" Argonian girls are the characters in the images of the Female Dragonic Argonian texture set. Character design, poses, scenarios, visuals... it all just feels right: Not as much as I would want it to be, but still.

On 5/13/2018 at 11:09 AM, Blaze69 said:

IMO Orcs are actually easier to work with than any of the other "beast" races (Khajiit, Argonian or custom, and I use the term "beast" loosely since Orcs aren't really beasts, but whatever), mainly because there's plenty of assets and mods meant for humans or elves that can also be salvaged for use on Orcs just fine. But it's true they are vastly underrepresented as well (if only a tiny bit less than real beast races), so having more of them will always be welcome.

Thus, and also as an example, this is what a bit of dabbling in RaceMenu can give you:

Reveal hidden contents

Shalia_Orc_1.png

Shalia_Orc_2.png

Shalia_Orc_3.png

Considering the time I spent working on her until I was happy with the result and comparing it with what it takes to do the same with beast races (when it's actually possible to achieve it, that is), I'm not sure they can actually be considered "intermediate difficulty", lol.

(I should note that the Altmer skin tone instead of a more orcish green/brown and the elven war paint is because this specific character was originally meant to be the "humanoid" counterpart of an Altmer/Orsimer hybrid character I envisioned for my YA playthrough; I think working with proper Orc skin tones is just as easy, and it's also possible to get great results with Dunmer or even human tones anyway).

Now, Khajiit or similar (feline) races are a step up from Orcs, since the amount of mods and cosmetic enhancements for them is practically non-existant when compared to Orcs, elves or any of the humanoid/human-headed Khajiit races. Less paints, less eyes, no brows (wouldn't make sense of them anyway, though), and a very limited selection of hairs, just to name a few. So most the work has to go into (vanilla) sliders, and even then there isn't much to be done with them so you have to rely on things like different head meshes/shapes or texture sets to achieve something unique and attractive.

Here are some pics of a feline character I'm pretty proud of, even though as I said there wasn't much to be done with it.

Reveal hidden contents

Shalia_Room_3.pngShalia_Room_1.pngShalia_Room_4.pngShalia_Room_2.png

Aaand last, we get to Argonians. That's where things get interesting hard. As per the OP, attractive male Argonians are relatively easy to pull off, but for some reason the lizard ladies are a no-go most of the time. May be their head design, may be their voices, may be the texture/skin style, I don't know, but I've never managed to create a female Argonian character whose apperance I was happy with.

Though I should mention that some of the closest I've ever seen to "sexy" Argonian girls are the characters in the images of the Female Dragonic Argonian texture set. Character design, poses, scenarios, visuals... it all just feels right: Not as much as I would want it to be, but still.

First off, apologies for quoting your entire post and taking up space. ^^;  Spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get it to collapse, up to looking up HTML coding, but finally called it quits. Codes I'm used don't seem to work the same way here as other forums I've visited, and I'm still quite rusty at the whole thing.  I just learned what "OP" meant a month ago, and I STILL don't know what it stands for! 

Okay!  Onto to the reply.  First off, VERY nice job on your orc and Khajiit!  I found the khajiit a BIT cheaty, what with the smoothed out torso, but you did a bang-up job with the facial features, body shape, lighting, etc.  The fangs are a nice touch, though I feel they may have gone better on a more "lioness" type figure, as they make her look very much like a Sabertooth!  The spots just look so nice though, so you might have made the right call there. ( ;

As for the Orcs...yeah, I WAS exaggerating a bit with "intermediate".  If anything, they take fewer mods than the elves (seriously, Elder Scrolls elves are FREAKY looking!).  However, the good elven mods out there are pretty freaking FANTASTIC, and with the right combination installed it's quite easy to create something exotic and beautiful (seriously, have you SEEN some of the elven follower mods out there?).  Hence, the easy tag. :tongue:  I agree completely that Orcs aren't much harder, and even the underbite can be used to startlingly good effect! Unfortunately, the sheer mass of those Elven follower mods I mentioned when compared to the number of Orc ones leaves our lovely green men and women vastly outnumbered, and it's clear which is the less popular race.  One of the reasons I gave them a higher difficulty level was to help bring in folks who'd taken a stab at them, and to maybe encourage others to give them a shot...also, it was the first thing I could think of to come after "Beginners".  so that may have played a small part in the decision as well. 

As for Argonians....yeah, I've yet to really see any REAL successes on that front. I saw a wire mesh for an alternative head-sculpt that looked promising once, but that vanished into the ether somewhere.  In all honesty, I'm betting that the secret to making them work will probably end up coming from folks taking cues from YOUR incredible contributions to the modding scene; they may even end up using some of your assets, provided you're okay with that.  Love what you've accomplished so far by the way. Big fan! ( ;

9 hours ago, tm2dragon said:

First off, apologies for quoting your entire post and taking up space. ^^;  Spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get it to collapse, up to looking up HTML coding, but finally called it quits. Codes I'm used don't seem to work the same way here as other forums I've visited, and I'm still quite rusty at the whole thing.  I just learned what "OP" meant a month ago, and I STILL don't know what it stands for! 

You can simply manually edit the text in the quote and replace it with a "[...]" or a "snip" to make it clear you are quoting the post but don't want to clutter the thread by duplicating it in your reply.

Okay!  Onto to the reply.  First off, VERY nice job on your orc and Khajiit!  I found the khajiit a BIT cheaty, what with the smoothed out torso, but you did a bang-up job with the facial features, body shape, lighting, etc.

Thank you! And about the torso, what can I say. Cheetahs have fuzzy white bellies with no markings at all and the transition from normal fur to belly isn't very smooth, so I'd say it's a pretty good match of the real thing.

Though it's true the transition could have been tweaked or smoothed a bit, like I did with the Tiger skin:

Spoiler

Tigress_Skin_1.png

Tigress_Skin_2.png

The fangs are a nice touch, though I feel they may have gone better on a more "lioness" type figure, as they make her look very much like a Sabertooth!  The spots just look so nice though, so you might have made the right call there. ( ;

Actually, that was the point. Remember the Altmer/Orsimer hybrid character I mentioned before? That's her. In the Yiffy Age "lore", Altmer are cheetahs and Orcs are sabertooth lions, so a cheetah with a lioness head shape and saber teeth would be the result of a cross between the two (which would correspond to an Altmer with an Orc head shape and teeth in the original lore, and thus the appearance of my Orc character from the previous post).

Though the character background came first; I simply tried morphing the cheetah head into the lioness head shape because I really like it for some reason, and the result turned out pretty good (I've discussed it with Bad Dog and he suggested the specific shape of the original cheetah head the textures were built for just happens to make them fit fine on pretty much any other head shape) so I decided to roll with it and thus came up with it.

(And yes, actual lions are a thing too and that's where the head shape and the sabre teeth came from, but I simply wanted to use a cheetah as a base first).

Spots are great, that's for sure. Though I wouldn't mind having a King Cheetah option too, that pattern looks really good :classic_confused:.

Also, in case you (or anyone else) didn't know about it already, I should really point to the Yiffy Age of Skyrim mod if you are interested in beast races. All of my characters are made using the mod except for the sharks (which obviously come from my own race mod, lol), and it includes a handful of new canine and feline beast races that aren't available elsewhere.

In all honesty, I'm betting that the secret to making them work will probably end up coming from folks taking cues from YOUR incredible contributions to the modding scene; they may even end up using some of your assets, provided you're okay with that.  Love what you've accomplished so far by the way. Big fan! ( ;

Aww, thank you! :blush:

54 minutes ago, VonderDevil said:

Old character in the first pic and current character in the second. Not the best at the "screen archery" but i liked them.

Both are good, but I have to say I think I prefer the old one over the current one. I just may be slightly biased towards Lykaios/Lilmothiit (orange tint and lack of face markings made me think it was a fox at first) than Khajiit. Also sexy bikini :classic_tongue:.

There's no need to be a pro screenarcher or stuff like that, what you have there is fine. To be honest as long as whatever you want to showcase is clearly visible and you remember to disable the UI (can't believe how so many people don't do that), it's cool with me.

15 minutes ago, KM100z said:

I'd love to see one though, though I think it will be more humanised to work on me :tongue:

Try something like the Dagi-Raht Race Reborn (fully covered in fur, elven head (?)) or Eiries' Ohmes-Raht (mostly fur but with human-skinned face and belly/chest, human head). Not really anthro in my opinion but still a bit beastly so I'd count them in (they are lore-friendly), and they are also humanoid enough that they may appeal to those that are not into full anthros.

If you have to go even more human than that for it to be appealing (something like Halo's Alicia or simply a human with cat ears and tail), then I'd say beast races are simply not for you.

Can't say anything about Argonians because I haven't really seen any proper "humanized argonian" race and even then I kinda struggle to find vanilla (aka anthro) Argonians attractive so going any more human would make it lose all the appeal for me.

11 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Try something like the Dagi-Raht Race Reborn (fully covered in fur, elven head (?)) or Eiries' Ohmes-Raht (mostly fur but with human-skinned face and belly/chest, human head). Not really anthro in my opinion but still a bit beastly so I'd count them in (they are lore-friendly), and they are also humanoid enough that they may appeal to those that are not into full anthros.

If you have to go even more human than that for it to be appealing (something like Halo's Alicia or simply a human with cat ears and tail), then I'd say beast races are simply not for you.

Can't say anything about Argonians because I haven't really seen any proper "humanized argonian" race and even then I kinda struggle to find vanilla (aka anthro) Argonians attractive so going any more human would make it lose all the appeal for me.

Alicia isn't that bad, I'd love something like a nekopara type race thinking about it.

is this Alicia type the same? just found it on nexus

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91388

plus one beast girl I love having in my party is the follower from Beastess

8 hours ago, FetchmetheBucket said:

Umm, I've always been a huge fan of argonians.

Me too!  My favorite race, actually, and I think they look pretty cool on top of that!  Some of the artwork, even a few 3D models, even succeed in making them look attractive.  They can just be difficult to work with when you're shooting for something aesthetic in-game, as not too many mods effect them (and let's face it, most Skyrim characters are BUTT UGLY unmodded).  Add in the smoker's voice, the big awkward tail that doesn't move right and is always in the way of animations, top it off with various texture issues...well, there's a reason you don't see too much of them here on Lovers Lab.

7 hours ago, KM100z said:

Alicia isn't that bad, I'd love something like a nekopara type race thinking about it.

is this Alicia type the same? just found it on nexus

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91388

Alicia is not a race or character type, but rather one of Halo's unique characters that are also publically available as followers in this section of Halo's site. I was simply using her as an example on something that (IMO) isn't "beastly" enough to qualify as an actual beast race, because she's only a human with a furry (as in, "covered in fur") face and arms/legs. Likewise, the character you linked is simply a human with cat ears, not a beast race.

I don't want to sound like I'm gatekeeping or anything like that, but those are simply not beast races; calling them that would be like saying Bretons are Elves. I mean, according to the lore they technically are human/elven hybrids after several generations of cross-breeding, but they still look 100% like humans and thus should be considered so.

7 hours ago, KM100z said:

plus one beast girl I love having in my party is the follower from Beastess

What follower/mod is that? I haven't seen anything about any follower in the "beastess" mods I know of.

58 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Alicia is not a race or character type, but rather one of Halo's unique characters that are also publically available as followers in this section of Halo's site. I was simply using her as an example on something that (IMO) isn't "beastly" enough to qualify as an actual beast race, because she's only a human with a furry (as in, "covered in fur") face and arms/legs. Likewise, the character you linked is simply a human with cat ears, not a beast race.

I don't want to sound like I'm gatekeeping or anything like that, but those are simply not beast races; calling them that would be like saying Bretons are Elves. I mean, according to the lore they technically are human/elven hybrids after several generations of cross-breeding, but they still look 100% like humans and thus should be considered so.

What follower/mod is that? I haven't seen anything about any follower in the "beastess" mods I know of.

Damn I feel like I was being shut down for not being into 100% furries lol

As for the beastess follower, you have to unlock her, if I recall there's a book you read in the beastess lair that gives her.

7 minutes ago, KM100z said:

That's... exactly what I wanted to avoid, lol. Sorry about that :classic_undecided:.

It's just that as per tm2dragon's original post, the point of this thread was to discuss about (and maybe post images of) attractive beast race characters, considering "beast races" as per the vanilla definition, i.e. full anthro Khajiit and Argonians and mayyybe Orcs as well since they are underused too for kind of the same reasons (even though they technically don't qualify as a beast race). Going for "human with cat ears" or similar variations where the "human" (not humanoid) part greatly outweights the "beast" part, while obviously completely okay, kinda defeats the purpose a bit.

7 minutes ago, KM100z said:

As for the beastess follower, you have to unlock her, if I recall there's a book you read in the beastess lair that gives her.

So, is it any of the SL Beastess mods, or the Beastess Lairs one? Neither of them mention any follower in the description.

Personally don't have too much of a problem with the vanilla look of Khajiit and Argonians, though I still do use mods to change it up a bit.

Ma'Koru

Spoiler

Jaggarsfeld1.thumb.png.09e1f7873e3fa653d30a18397a050893.png

Saris(Yiffy Age - Altmer/Cheetah - Male)

Spoiler

TowerMzark1.thumb.png.e128657ac788c3d7bb2c8696a7a51c96.pngTowerMzark2.thumb.png.6367384b977a0a75442e86b735a06894.pngLydia1.thumb.png.ef363bebb20c4a257cdb4297055dcbde.png

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

That's... exactly what I wanted to avoid, lol. Sorry about that :classic_undecided:.

It's just that as per tm2dragon's original post, the point of this thread was to discuss about (and maybe post images of) attractive beast race characters, considering "beast races" as per the vanilla definition, i.e. full anthro Khajiit and Argonians and mayyybe Orcs as well since they are underused too for kind of the same reasons (even though they technically don't qualify as a beast race). Going for "human with cat ears" or similar variations where the "human" (not humanoid) part greatly outweights the "beast" part, while obviously completely okay, kinda defeats the purpose a bit.

So, is it any of the SL Beastess mods, or the Beastess Lairs one? Neither of them mention any follower in the description.

beastess lair? is the the same as SL beastess? mine comes up with SL beastess

beast.jpg

9 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

10 hours ago, KM100z said:

Just popping in to clarify!  As per Rule 5 on the main post, cross-breeds DO count as valid contributions.  Half-humans are welcome, with the understanding that they are not the primary target of this little challenge.  Feel free to share and discuss them, simply note that the main focus will always be fully anthro characters.  So show off your nekos non-furries; everyone likes the occasional cat-girl. ( ;  Just be sure to steer the topic back towards the full beast races at some point.

Also, the PRIMARY purpose of this thread is sharing accomplishments through the use of screencaps or videos, though discussion is encouraged.  People are free to talk and socialize without needing to post content.

Still, screenshots or videos are what we're really looking for at the end of the day...though now that I think about it, perhaps drawings or literature should count as well?  Skills vary from person to person, so perhaps it couldn't hurt to broaden the scope of this thread.  Veer towards in-game accomplishments, but welcome other forms of expression so as to include people who want to share other creations, on the caveat that they are about Elder-Scrolls beast races?  I'll have to think on that one...thoughts?

6 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Here is mine [...]

Did you ever release your edited textures and head meshes? And if not, could you share them?

Your lioness turned out pretty sexy, wouldn't mind trying to make a similar character myself (the sabrelions from YA are great but sometimes I would like to have regular lions/lionesses too :classic_tongue:).

15 hours ago, JimTES said:

Anthro-fied SCP-682 might be inspiration on the Argonian front: https://copypastepony.deviantart.com/art/SCP-682-Anthro-fied-304185656 (and no, I've had no luck so far finding suitable stuff yet)

Looks kinda like a cartoon Argonian with a long snout and hair instead of feathers.

I'd say you could get something close(ish) to that by playing around with the chargen sliders and/or the RaceMenu sculpt tools to try to get the shape and then either porting a human hair to work on Argonians or combining the HDT Argonian Dreads with some of the vanilla short horns for extra Argonian-ness.

Archived