4 minutes ago, UpUntil said:

It's odd because when I do that, it just shows the entire list of items. Like when you don't put anything in the search bar. 

Strange! I type "to love-ru" and it actually appears in the search results by name, 

I'll have a look at it today and see if I can figure out what to do 

1 hour ago, UpUntil said:

It is a bit strange, like the book bar it appears as an autocomplete but doesn't show anything when I actually try to search it. Thanks for helping me so far.

Im not really sure what to suggest here, 

I checked the file and its not tied to any expansion from what I can see, 

Do you have any other modded books in your folder? That could be a factor I can think of, 

When I search it after typing bb.showhiddenobjects it looks like this for me 

TS4_x64 2019-05-29 22-31-32.png

2 hours ago, erplederp said:

Forgot to mention I've checked out your latest animations. Not only is there water running in the shower, but you also figured out how to attach visual effects to the sims themselves - just awesome! Thank you for sharing, R-Lo! ?

You're welcome and thanks for trying them out! Effects can be tricky to right the right ones so I've been experimenting and will be adding some more stuff soon, also some things specific to supernatural and cyborg sims ?

The shower ones will also get some more love soon too as I've spotted a couple of things to help improve the look 

1 minute ago, UpUntil said:

Downloaded this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/590954/harry-potter-books-readable.html. To test the custom books idea. It was fine, purchase went through and appeared in the bookcase. Skillbooks from basemental drugs also appeared just fine. Tried to purchase To Love-Ru again and the same issue happened. 

My idea was that if you already had a custom book installed that it could be causing a conflict, 

Not sure why that's working and not mine, 

I'm really confused with this as I've not heard this issue from patrons either when I upload it a few weeks back, 

Maybe try test without basemental? 

Right now I can only imagine that we may have used the same resource and I would need to move to another potentially, 

As I say Ive not heard of any difficulties with this so other than that I'm stuck, 

Do you have any other mods installed that handles books or reading, or inventory etc? 

I installed basemental after this issue so I doubt that has anything to do with it. I honestly can't think of any of the mods that would have conflicted with it. I must be some very bizarre edge case.

Not familiar with modding all that much so I might be talking out of my ass here, but do items have object reference ids that might have unintentionally intersected causing this issue?

22 hours ago, UpUntil said:

I installed basemental after this issue so I doubt that has anything to do with it. I honestly can't think of any of the mods that would have conflicted with it. I must be some very bizarre edge case.

Not familiar with modding all that much so I might be talking out of my ass here, but do items have object reference ids that might have unintentionally intersected causing this issue?

That's why I asked about any other book mods, normally if two items share the same resources it can prevent it from showing properly, 

I really can't think what else is stopping this from working properly, can you show me some screenshots of how it looks please 

41 minutes ago, nightshad said:

i been eyeing your Lesbian animations some time now im just turned off by the cheating having to be turned on >< but their really well done miss, : )

Hey! 

There are no cheats required to use the toys, 

I just showed the cheat as one solution, 

All you need to do is enter CAS, this can also be done via the map screen (household management) or the dresser/drawers, 

It's only required to be set as part of an outfit swatch and once it's set it'll stay part of that swatch until you remove it. 

Normally I'll put it as a sleepwear swatch so it cuts down the chance of randomly switching to that outfit at an inappropriate time, 

Thanks for the compliment and I hope you enjoy them! 

Sorry for taking so long to reply, here are some image

image.png.392241c77650cd06abe472e699dfb317.png 

As you can see the book does appear in the book purchase menu.

image.png.b257e3fc8e70dd5db8623d4f68a50df5.png

It acknowledges the purchase but no money is deducted and:

image.png.db51340a15e3dabcce215944ff903fb6.png

It does not appear in the bookshelf. It does this regardless of the amount of copies of To Love-Ru I buy.

Doing the bb.showhiddenobjects

image.png.a4b651b34072da34c14ecc133bedc503.png

No search terms in bar

image.thumb.png.fec668a771fe7117ef7192b8ca3bda78.png

To Love-Ru autcomplete

image.png.34395e8f4462881f781272a1c1771038.png

To Love-Ru entered as search term 

image.thumb.png.fd9b29da6a62d9f9868f7504b5c949ac.png

Tried a partial search as well

image.thumb.png.b7768bfdbedd11437b930413209b9221.png

But yeah, nothing comes up. 

Am I doing something wrong?

16 minutes ago, UpUntil said:

Sorry for taking so long to reply, here are some image

image.png.392241c77650cd06abe472e699dfb317.png 

As you can see the book does appear in the book purchase menu.

image.png.b257e3fc8e70dd5db8623d4f68a50df5.png

It acknowledges the purchase but no money is deducted and:

image.png.db51340a15e3dabcce215944ff903fb6.png

It does not appear in the bookshelf. It does this regardless of the amount of copies of To Love-Ru I buy.

Doing the bb.showhiddenobjects

image.png.a4b651b34072da34c14ecc133bedc503.png

No search terms in bar

image.thumb.png.fec668a771fe7117ef7192b8ca3bda78.png

To Love-Ru autcomplete

image.png.34395e8f4462881f781272a1c1771038.png

To Love-Ru entered as search term 

image.thumb.png.fd9b29da6a62d9f9868f7504b5c949ac.png

Tried a partial search as well

image.thumb.png.b7768bfdbedd11437b930413209b9221.png

But yeah, nothing comes up. 

Am I doing something wrong?

I think you will find it in the sim's inventory? I think that's how I placed it in world

9 hours ago, R-Lo said:

I think you will find it in the sim's inventory? I think that's how I placed it in world

No dice :/ , on either the personal inventory or household inventory. Double checked to see if your animations work on other objects,  they luckily the appear to. 

Now here is an interesting confound. I removed all mods but the book mod to see if I could purchase it. Nope. I can't purchase it with nothing but the To Love-Ru mod installed. It has the exact same issues. So I don't know what's happening.

57 minutes ago, UpUntil said:

No dice :/ , on either the personal inventory or household inventory. Double checked to see if your animations work on other objects,  they luckily the appear to. 

Now here is an interesting confound. I removed all mods but the book mod to see if I could purchase it. Nope. I can't purchase it with nothing but the To Love-Ru mod installed. So I don't know what's happening.

Damn that is very frustrating! I'm wracking my brains to think of what could be doing this! 

I don't even think I've used the bookshelf myself, 

I just placed it on the floor, 

I'll be thinking about this and hopefully come back with a solution soon

so speaking of that book... I found the most entertaining? bug maybe... it's stuck inside my sims apartment floor? after using that animation... can't place anything on that spot without bb.moveobjects

1843901859_06-02-19_1-02-33AM.png.a4a05a075d01d38f94b8d07381f8c77d.png

10 hours ago, YourFalseHope said:

so speaking of that book... I found the most entertaining? bug maybe... it's stuck inside my sims apartment floor? after using that animation... can't place anything on that spot without bb.moveobjects

Hide contents

That's really wierd, did you use a book that is owned or did you use it via the spawning feature? 

Maybe try shift clicking it if you can and reset it or the sim who used it? 

2 hours ago, R-Lo said:

That's really wierd, did you use a book that is owned or did you use it via the spawning feature? 

Maybe try shift clicking it if you can and reset it or the sim who used it? 

no. I used the animation you made for it.. it spawned just got the animation.. didn't think about it after he masturbated. .. but went to edit the apartment and found I couldn't put the couch back after I moved it... and when I tried it showed up inside/under it like in the prior attached screenshot. I couldn't click on as it wasn't there without the couch being over it and I couldn't delete the floor tile either... and my game crashed when I tried to delete the whole apartment. Playing in the same apartment this morning, it seems to have vanished? my sims weren't corrupt etc.  so maybe a weird fluke? still strange though, and thought I'd share.

ok so the book is still trapped in my sims apartment floor... if I try and delete and replace the apartment my game crashes... would removing the book file and reloading my game possibly remove it from the inside of my floor? I also can't find the physical form of the book... I have found you can take the book and drag it into live or their inventory while the animation is playing but it will throw an error.

1396900540_06-02-19_5-26-40PM.png.18c5d2977f248991f7c5fabd3344703d.png

5 minutes ago, YourFalseHope said:

ok so the book is still trapped in my sims apartment floor... if I try and delete and replace the apartment my game crashes... would removing the book file and reloading my game possibly remove it from the inside of my floor? I also can't find the physical form of the book... I have found you can take the book and drag it into live or their inventory while the animation is playing but it will throw an error.

Hide contents

That's worth trying out, did you try shift and left click on it? I think there's an option to reset objects, 

I'm honestly stuck as to what's causing these errors as I've not experienced them, 

Occasionally anims get stuck if the furniture is shared with another animation but resetting the sim or object, or typing ww.stopsex will fix it, 

Maybe try like you say and remove it then save without? 

6 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

That's worth trying out, did you try shift and left click on it? I think there's an option to reset objects, 

I'm honestly stuck as to what's causing these errors as I've not experienced them, 

Occasionally anims get stuck if the furniture is shared with another animation but resetting the sim or object, or typing ww.stopsex will fix it, 

Maybe try like you say and remove it then save without? 

I can't shift-click it. it only shows when there is an object above it in build mode. otherwise, it is invisible. And it's not inside the couch, as when I slid the couch over other objects the book didn't show under it. So yea, I cannot reset the object as I have no object in live-mode to even click. I just removed the file to my desktop to see if when I reload the save the book is no longer trapped in the apartment floor. It may be linked to apartments as in my other saves I haven't seen this same bug as I use it a lot as well as decorate a lot. love to build. But yea, it isn't stuck in the floor in my Oliver/carter save or Oliver/Erwin save since they both live in houses. Oliver/Ethan live in an apartment in the spice district. City living is buggy as hell even after all this time but maybe an interesting note maybe?