Creatures getting stuck in ending animation after scene

So I've ran into this problem that I just can't figure out. Basically, my animations are working fine, but some creatures (the only one's I've noticed were the spider and rabbit) get stuck in their last stage animations after the scene ends and they can't move. I've tried all my basic troubleshooting like tinkering with the MCM settings and re-running FNIS, but sadly none of that has worked. I've tried to Google-Fu my way through this problem but I could never find a solution to this problem, however I did hear this might be a bug with SexLab? I would find it annoying to have to target the affected creature and do 'disable' and 'enable' over and over again, so I'm looking for a better solution. 

If this is a bug, I would like to know if it may be fixable, maybe then I'll get motivated enough to dabble in modding. I just want my spiders to work man :frown:

Here's my load order, and will provide logs if needed:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
*SexLab.esm
*SexLabAroused.esm
*CreatureFramework.esm
*Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
*BBLuxurySuite.esm
*ApachiiHair.esm
*Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
*SexLabRandomSex.esp
*MoreNastyCritters.esp
*SkyUI_SE.esp
*SLAnimLoader.esp
*FNIS.esp
*HornyCreatures.esp
*SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
*SexLabMatchMaker.esp
*No NPC Greetings.esp
*sandboxcylinderheight.esp
*AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
*Erectifier.esp
*Book of UUNP Iron And Steel.esp
*HentaiCreatures.esp
*Inigo.esp
*SpousesEnhancedSE.esp
*RosaFollower.esp
*BBLuxurySuiteENM.esp
*Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp
*XPMSSE.esp
*AnubAnimObj.esp
*ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
*KS Hairdo's.esp
*Improved Eyes Skyrim - Serana.esp
*Improved Eyes Skyrim - Vamp.esp
*Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp
*NibblesAnimObjects.esp
*MONSTERaider - Beast Followers.esp
*Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
*SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
*Book of UUNP - Textures.esp
*Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

• 4 months later...

Someone else having the same issue? Glad I'm not the only one dealing with this.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for it myself, which is fairly annoying when taking part in one of the missions from the Animal Mansion mod and the spider getting stuck humping the air after the scene ends. Granted, spiders don't feature as frequently in those missions for me (which may be because I have a tendency to keep "rewinding" the questline progress so I can keep doing the orgy with the Companions), but it is still something that bugs me, no pun intended.

Maybe using the resetai command could fix it? I haven't tried that method yet, but it might be able to do something. 

Looks like I'm not the only one then, but I've noticed this bug has been around for a long time now. I've had to avoid spider content because of it (a shame!).

I'm more curious to know if this is a common bug or not. Hopefully someone brings up a fix, I haven't seen one for the years that this has existed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

You do know you're not suppose to summon the undead in public right? It makes the nords nervous...

Anyhow:

On 8/12/2022 at 6:54 PM, MadMansGun said:

update fnis to the newest/last version, and then delete all hkx files in "Data\meshes\actors\frostbitespider\behaviors".

then use generatefnisformodders.exe on all of the spider's "FNIS_slalpacknamehere_frostbitespider_List.txt" files

(Eg: Data\meshes\actors\frostbitespider\animations\Billyy_CreatureInsects\FNIS_Billyy_CreatureInsects_frostbitespider_List.txt)

after you do that run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and re-register the animations in game.

Edit: As for the thread it came from:

Might want to check that out as well. I had to do some fiddly things with one of the SLAL packs I have.

Edited by traison

note about the rabbit: it may look like the same problem as the spider but it's not* , the older versions of sexlab lacked the needed reset command for the rabbit's race/behavior.

the rabbit has been fixed in the newer versions of sexlab (the SE/AE versions) and also in a few other mods that edit sexlab (eg: animation limit extending mods, sexlab v1.62 fixes, sexlab utility plus)

* they are sort of related but the cause is not the same, the spider's is caused by a highly contagious case sensitivity error in fnis that sends a invalid reset command, any spider behavior files made in the older versions of fnis will still have the error in it and will reintroduce the error into files generation in the newer fnis (and that's why you need to delete and remake all of there behavior files).

Edited by MadMansGun
  • 2 months later...

Now spider are bugged again ..changed NOTHING (but this time the spider move over character and no animation is played from it..) tried to run FNIS for modders again but now it says ERROR file not found "file.txt"

But..its..right..there...wut..

Edited by Uxot
54 minutes ago, Uxot said:

Now spider are bugged again ..changed NOTHING (but this time the spider move over character and no animation is played from it..) tried to run FNIS for modders again but now it says ERROR file not found "file.txt"

But..its..right..there...wut..

your antivirus is blocking the program.

I do see you have it working right now, but if it happens again...

FWIW, this can be caused at times by lagtime, so next time, you might try dodging into a player home or ruin or cave and staying there for a while (~10 minutes or so), to let the game "cool down". You can go farther with this, hide for ~ten minutes, create a save, clean the save, close and then reopen the game and use the cleaned save). 

Simply hiding out for a while indoors is a first try and often clears it up for me. I've found that it can affect a secondary participant OR the player, or in really bad cases, it can lag both. A prescient symptom that it's coming (for me), is that repositioning steps, or SL's response to a sequence change request, or other commands begin to delay for a perceptible amount of time.

good luck

Edited by anjenthedog