The Sims 4 May Be Ending

So according to them several gurus (developers) have been laid off and more were transferred over to Sims Mobile (which is a free to play pay to win scam using Sims 4 and its DLC assets). If this is true The Sims on PC may be coming to an end. Which wouldn't surprise me this is EA. They still screw up Battlefront 2 after the progression overhaul update.

https://simsvip.com/2018/04/19/maxis-update-multiple-sims-4-simgurus-fired-others-moved-to-mobile-teams/

If it comes to an end that's no big problem as it's already run 4-5 years by the time this happens,

Even when TS5 hits the shelves people will still be modding 3 & 4 for a long time yet,

If anything this has a brighter side to look forward to, a finalized game has the benefits of no more breaking updates so it's easier for script modders to work at expanding things rather than at holding them together,

Hopefully we'll start having less broken career mods and it'll give Turbo some space to finalize the base game elements and maybe then he can start to think about DLC's :smile:

EA is always doing scumbag moves. Its a shame they make great games but manage them poorly. This modding community is pretty small but I dont think if the sims 5 comes out that were going anywhere. I mean for me it took 3 years to make the sims playable again, with mods.

Are gurus just community managers? Or are they actual developers? I always thought gurus were just there to guide the community, keep an eye on the forums and such.

Apologies. I did some research. Woops. I guess guru just means they're paid to do what they do, be it developer of community manager.

6 hours ago, R-Lo said:

If it comes to an end that's no big problem as it's already run 4-5 years by the time this happens,

Even when TS5 hits the shelves people will still be modding 3 & 4 for a long time yet,

If anything this has a brighter side to look forward to, a finalized game has the benefits of no more breaking updates so it's easier for script modders to work at expanding things rather than at holding them together,

Hopefully we'll start having less broken career mods and it'll give Turbo some space to finalize the base game elements and maybe then he can start to think about DLC's :smile:

With how EA is pushing Sims Mobile and making developers move over to it instead of Sims 4. You cannot expect a Sims 5, at least not for PC. I just hope if Sims 4 is over then yeah modders can freely work without worrying about updates ruining their mods and causing them to stop production to fix things every month or few weeks since Maxis breaks so much of their own stuff every patch and DLC.

7 hours ago, R-Lo said:

I agree with this.  I just bought the game two days ago and already the latest update broke the game for me.  Every time I create a new Sim or household, it gets deleted when I close the game.  I am hoping they finalize the game so that maybe modders can create an unofficial patch without worrying about updates breaking them.

1 hour ago, Darkening Demise said:

With how EA is pushing Sims Mobile and making developers move over to it instead of Sims 4. You cannot expect a Sims 5, at least not for PC. I just hope if Sims 4 is over then yeah modders can freely work without worrying about updates ruining their mods and causing them to stop production to fix things every month or few weeks since Maxis breaks so much of their own stuff every patch and DLC.

43 minutes ago, Kain82 said:

I agree with this.  I just bought the game two days ago and already the latest update broke the game for me.  Every time I create a new Sim or household, it gets deleted when I close the game.  I am hoping they finalize the game so that maybe modders can create an unofficial patch without worrying about updates breaking them.

Sims mobile will always be a thing, of course EA will provide an option to cash in at every opportunity!

They maybe moving the staff but they won't move the gamers, 

Modding will continue as normal and if TS3 is anything to go by it'll be for years yet,

All the mobile game will do is reach a wider market, a percentage of which will be motivated to buy the actual game, 

Especially when they become aware of the custom content side of things!

2 hours ago, Kain82 said:

Now that's a new one never had that problem. Is it a vanilla game no mods? Reinstall/repair? Seriously that's a scary issue.

3 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

Now that's a new one never had that problem. Is it a vanilla game no mods? Reinstall/repair? Seriously that's a scary issue.

It was scary, but I fixed it by removing the EA folder from documents to desktop.  Repairing the game.  Then launching the game so it can generate a new EA folder.  Then exiting, and restoring the mods.  Oh yeah my original problem was my Sim and the neighborhood would not be in the gallery after saving.  So I couldn't load the game.  I did the above and started a new Sim and when I saved and exited.  I could reload the game.  The save was in the gallery -> library section.  So far so good. :smile:

I just hope that they release a few more interesting Game Packs before calling it quits. It is only a 'tragedy' if My First Pet Stuff ends up being the last DLC altogether. Other than that, it means that the game will attain true stability at long last, stability that only comes from finalized games.

If only Skyrim Special Edition was 'coming to an end', I could try to finally get into that game rather than let it sit relatively unused on hard drive #1.

9 hours ago, Madison09 said:

This would be nice if they were starting development on a good Sims 5 and don't screw the pooch on that too.

According to posts on Reddit and stuff there has never been any work on a new Sims. A new Sims game starts development in the background after the release of the current one. Such as after Sims 2 released, Sims 3 was in production.

while it is true they've laid some off due to "budget" reasons and some of them are being forced to work for their mobile app which btw my friend said is pretty bland compared to the screenshots I've shown them of my MAC/PC game, most like Amanda Drake (SimguruDrake) and of course (Rachel Franklin left 2 years ago she now works for Facebook) have moved onto working with another gaming company. Not gonna lie I've been on the sims forum and some of the members are arseholes who fail to realise that these are human beings even IF they do work for EA Games they have no say so over what goes in reality if they've ever spoken out of terms I am sure EA wasted no time giving them their exiting papers.

I wouldn't be surprised at all since without mods this game is absolute shit, I have every Sims game and I still love Sims 2 out of all of them, quite honestly I play it every now and again. Sims 4 was a fail on their part even with the packs you have to buy but the cc and mod creators revived it, so kudos to all of those mod and cc creators who have put days, months, years and sweat and tears into this game to make it worth my attention span.

I would rather that they drop all support from the Sims 4 if they don't have any plans for new substantial DLC rather than have them keep going back to patch things out to appease a handful of whiners, making the game even more 'safe' and bland than it already was out of the box.

They posted a response about this yesterday. Mostly saying Sims 4 is still a top priority for them and considered a success. Only reason they are so quiet and not getting involved or saying much anymore is cause they lost their community manager and have been told to "exercise caution" now when interacting with the community (mainly cause they don't know what is okay to say and what is not). Which makes sense as all business do that.

So no worries of speculating that Sims 4 is ending just cause some people left.

https://simsvip.com/2018/05/01/the-sims-4-simgurugraham-releases-a-statement-regarding-eas-silence/

On 4/20/2018 at 6:13 AM, ExSimmer said:

EA is always doing scumbag moves. Its a shame they make great games but manage them poorly. This modding community is pretty small but I dont think if the sims 5 comes out that were going anywhere. I mean for me it took 3 years to make the sims playable again, with mods.

I'd argue they don't even make great games. They buy-out and gut great games, but they don't make them.

On 2018-04-20 at 6:34 PM, Darkening Demise said:

With how EA is pushing Sims Mobile and making developers move over to it instead of Sims 4. You cannot expect a Sims 5, at least not for PC.

Sounds to me they finished porting Sims 4 to consoles and move on to their next project. Sims franchise is still hot and we can expect them to make a Sims 5 for PC and other platforms considering they are selling in millions.

Archived