LazyItemHider

Automatic helm, weapon etc hider -

Because I got tired of falling for the "Spend an hour creating a face - wear helmet the whole game" meme

LazyItemHiderVideo.gif

Getting started

Install mod

Wait until SkyUI message pops up about menu being registered

If you don't want to use the auto hide function make sure to bind the toggle key. Note - you can have auto hide enabled and still toggle manually

Helm and gauntlets are automatically detected when mod starts up. If you weren't wearing any at this time they'll be detected whenever any are equipped instead

The NPC option will attach the necessary scripts in order to manage them. This will increase the number of scripts running in your (save) game, no way around it. If you don't know what this means do not use this option. Obselete as of Redux release

How it works

Helm and gauntlets are unequipped - Armor rating and effects of attached enchantments will be removed

Weapons are rescaled to 0 - Won't show but still there so any custom stuff they offer will still be active

Supported nodes

WeaponBack
Weapon
WeaponAxe
WeaponMace
WeaponSword
WeaponDagger
WeaponAxeLeft
WeaponMaceLeft
WeaponSwordLeft
WeaponDaggerLeft
WeaponStaff
WeaponStaffLeft

WeaponBow (includes crossbows as well)

Quiver

Shield

Notes

If you're using a skeleton that places weapons on different nodes or lack them entirely mod won't work.

The script is conditional triggered and should be very lightweight. No cloak effects, loops or other scripts are running in the background.

The node scaling is a session override and not permanent. The mod will however rehide your equipment on game load when applicable.

The nodes are assumed to have a default scale of 1 so if you've used another mod to change their size in game this will be overridden. Fixed in Redux version

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/07/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    skyui
  • Regular Edition Compatible

• 1 month later...

Don't worry the enchantments aren't stripped from the gear. That bit just points out that unlike the other items helms and gauntlets are unequipped, not just hidden, so the effects of any enchantments they give when worn aren't applied.

• 1 month later...

I have both versions of Skyrim, SE cause at the time coming back to the game that was all I could get (now I play it but when I see Mods I really get inspired by often they are Legendary(Oldrim) only.

I have no idea really how to convert, I have tried but I am really not even passable at it. 

Now though I have Skyrim LE as well, such a diverse amount of Mods it took me almost 2 days to even get past the first 5 minutes at most in the game, as I slowly installed well you know the rest.

Anyway, this Mod Lazy Item Hider is one of my favorites, (I have a look in my characters I like, it involves the appearance of there not being any visible weapons on her person) I used to even go as far as never wear helmets until I found a mod (prior to this) that got rid of the horrible things.

So finally to the question;

Is there a Skyrim LE version of this Mod? If not can SE mods be converted backwards to LE? 

Afraid there's no LE version of this but I believe there are several mods for it that should do something similar. I haven't tested any of them so can't make any recommendation for which one is best though.

As for back porting mods, there's no standardised method for it AFAIK. SE uses later formats for the esp data + assets that LE doesn't recognize and there are no tools to automatically "downgrade" then. 

There's probably one or two ways to "cheese" around the problems for certain mods but nothing official one would want to gamble game progress on.

• 2 years later...

I made the Redux version for my last playthrough and while I didn't have any problems myself as usual - test it out with your unique mod setup on a junk save first yada yada. 
For those using papyrus logging mod info can be filtered out with the "LazyItemHider" keyword. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2020 at 1:26 PM, Dohvakin said:

Any chance shoes can be supported as well?

Well, the custom item function could be changed from managing just a single object to a list instead. Users could then add whatever wearable/equippable items they want and have them handled just like helmets and gloves. 

I only mod when I play so this is not planned at the moment. Script source is included though so anyone interested is free to give it a a shot.

What's the reason you need to go barefoot out of combat btw?

12 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Well, the custom item function could be changed from managing just a single object to a list instead. Users could then add whatever wearable/equippable items they want and have them handled just like helmets and gloves. 

I only mod when I play so this is not planned at the moment. Script source is included though so anyone interested is free to give it a a shot.

What's the reason you need to go barefoot out of combat btw?

An Amazon warrrior style playthrough:)

Could you tell me how to do this list thing?

18 hours ago, Dohvakin said:

An Amazon warrrior style playthrough:)

Could you tell me how to do this list thing?

If you're familiar with Papyrus scripting the FormList documentation can be found here. The override handler would have to be rewritten to add registered items to a list rather than just keep track of a single item. Then whenever it's time to equip or unequip gear process each item in it. 

There's more to it but I've tried to keep the source code as "self documenting" as possible. The log outputs I used during development are also still in, just commented out, and should be useful during testing.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi. I like this mod and its working good except for one thing. There is a sound problem with it. When i draw weapons there is sometimes a bad sound in my speakers and then the sound is gone. Dosn't come back before quit to desktop. Hope you can look into this problem ?

6 hours ago, PerFylk said:

Hi. I like this mod and its working good except for one thing. There is a sound problem with it. When i draw weapons there is sometimes a bad sound in my speakers and then the sound is gone. Dosn't come back before quit to desktop. Hope you can look into this problem ?

It's a known game bug and not related to this mod, there are no sounds or sound-related functions in it.

Hi LazyGirl, thank you for developing and maintaining this mod!

I recently had to uninstall Dynamic Items for Everyone because it didn't play nice with... well, just about anything. I was looking at your mod and it seems like it might be a viable alternative. 

One question about helmet hiding however. I generally do want actors to take off their helmets when they aren't in combat, but I do like how wet and cold equips appropriate weatherproof gear when it's raining/snowing/whatever and I don't want to invalidate that function. I also need to, at times, have headgear or gauntlets equipped on my own character because of running Frostfall.

Can you give me any insight into how to get these mods to play nice together? Will your mod respect W&C when it tells the actor to equip weatherproof gear, or when my character equips those items? If not, is there a way to "whitelist" certain items or keywords to keep them equipped when they would otherwise come off?

14 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Hi LazyGirl, thank you for developing and maintaining this mod!

I recently had to uninstall Dynamic Items for Everyone because it didn't play nice with... well, just about anything. I was looking at your mod and it seems like it might be a viable alternative. 

One question about helmet hiding however. I generally do want actors to take off their helmets when they aren't in combat, but I do like how wet and cold equips appropriate weatherproof gear when it's raining/snowing/whatever and I don't want to invalidate that function. I also need to, at times, have headgear or gauntlets equipped on my own character because of running Frostfall.

Can you give me any insight into how to get these mods to play nice together? Will your mod respect W&C when it tells the actor to equip weatherproof gear, or when my character equips those items? If not, is there a way to "whitelist" certain items or keywords to keep them equipped when they would otherwise come off?

There's a blacklist function that allows you to add items that will be ignored - never equipped or unequipped. If you have a whole bunch you can open up the mod in the CK or SSEEdit and add the items to the "_MODLazyItemHiderBlacklist" FormList.

Currently this only works for the player but it should be possible to make NPCs adhere to the blacklist as well if it functions as intended. I never use the blacklist myself or Wet or Cold so I haven't tested it much.

37 minutes ago, LazyGirl said:

There's a blacklist function that allows you to add items that will be ignored - never equipped or unequipped. If you have a whole bunch you can open up the mod in the CK or SSEEdit and add the items to the "_MODLazyItemHiderBlacklist" FormList.

Currently this only works for the player but it should be possible to make NPCs adhere to the blacklist as well if it functions as intended. I never use the blacklist myself or Wet or Cold so I haven't tested it much.

Excellent, I'll try it out when I do my next update to my mod list. Looks like W&C already has its weatherproof stuff on form lists, so populating the blacklist should be pretty easy.

@LazyGirl, one last question about this... for the gauntlet/helmet removal, assuming nothing is on the blacklist, does the mod target all items in the hands/head slots, or does it only remove items with the appropriate armor keywords? In other words: do [non-armor] hats and gloves stay on?

Just trying to figure out how broad I need to cast my net in populating the blacklist form when I install this.

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

@LazyGirl, one last question about this... for the gauntlet/helmet removal, assuming nothing is on the blacklist, does the mod target all items in the hands/head slots, or does it only remove items with the appropriate armor keywords? In other words: do [non-armor] hats and gloves stay on?

Just trying to figure out how broad I need to cast my net in populating the blacklist form when I install this.

Handwear is always managed but for helmets anything with the keyword "ClothingBody" is ignored unless the override option is enabled.