17 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

Thanks, I found out which mods overwrite LL_FourPlay.dll.
Rad Morphing Redux and Real Handcuffs.
I guess I have to wait until these two mods bring an update. Until then I continue to use AAF 166.

You don’t have to do that.  Newer versions of LL_FourPlay are backwards compatible with older ones.  Let the one from AAF 171 win the conflict (or don’t install the ones from the other two mods in the first place) and everything will work fine.

6 hours ago, N.Gamma said:

Thanks, I found out which mods overwrite LL_FourPlay.dll.
Rad Morphing Redux and Real Handcuffs.
I guess I have to wait until these two mods bring an update. Until then I continue to use AAF 166.

As Ego said, but also as I replied to you in those different mods' support topics, they don't need to be updated. RH even gives you the option not to install its convenience copy of LLFP. RMR doesn't, but you can still simply tell your mod manager to prefer the version of that file from AAF instead.

8 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Some other mod is overriding the LL_FourPlay.dll that comes with AAF.  Your debug output shows AAF 171 but LLFP v42.  The version of LLFP that comes with AAF 171 is 46.

Real Handcuffs for example optionally includes that if you enable it in its installer.  Check in MO2 and make sure none of AAF’s files are being overridden.

Same answer for @TheHenshinGamer

You should not be using 161 beta from Nexus.  It is out of date and unsupported.

THAT WAS IT!!!

I went into Real Handcuffs and just outright deleted its LL_Fourplay scripts and plugins and now everything works! Thanks for the help!!

On 7/26/2023 at 12:54 AM, EgoBallistic said:

NativeSync installs a DLL and replaces one of AAF's scripts.  Looks like you removed the DLL but still have NativeSync's version of the AAF script.  So animations can't play.

You need to reinstall AAF.

Of course sometimes I can be so stupid {slaps forehead}... it took me a couple of hours to figure that out before coming here. ;) 

This is not obvious on install though when tracing will show up.

49 minutes ago, eflat01 said:

Of course sometimes I can be so stupid {slaps forehead}... it took me a couple of hours to figure that out before coming here. ;) 

This is not obvious on install though when tracing will show up.

It's also a very good reason to use a mod manager to install these things. It will remember what files were installed and cleanly remove them when you ask it to take out that particular mod, such that whatever files they were overwriting from other mods are back where they should be afterwards. At least when I told Vortex to uninstall NativeSync it removed all those files and stopped overwriting AAF's versions with them. Presumably MO2 works similarly.

22 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

Scenes just ignore SAM, so I don't get it. My character moves when I adjust positioning, but AAF just forces my character back to its horrible decision for a position in real-time, as I'm sliding the slider, and that's just mean... lol. What gives?

I don't use SA/SAM, but it sounds like maybe you're looking for SAM Enhanced Animations?

Never mind, I see you posted something similar in its support topic too. Anyway, your problem is unlikely to be with AAF, as it's entirely unaware of the presence of Screen Archer.

Edited by vaultbait
59 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I don't use SA/SAM, but it sounds like maybe you're looking for SAM Enhanced Animations?

Never mind, I see you posted something similar in its support topic too. Anyway, your problem is unlikely to be with AAF, as it's entirely unaware of the presence of Screen Archer.

I mean I see these comments about positions being forced back to their original positions everywhere I see people talking about managing AAF's positions. Everywhere. Using modpos commands, even on the Nexus on SAM, AutoHotkeyObject Mover, threads about all of these and their commands. It's not just some little thing; it's a real problem. It should be kind of a big deal, I think. Any move to try to make a way for people to change positions is very disorganized, just all over the place, and one will tell me it's an AAF problem, and in AAF threads I'm told it's not? lol. 

But it doesn't matter. I bet you it's a very very common tool that everyone uses. I mean I use like 200 mods people probably commonly use that are required by a whole wealth of other mods so no way I'd be able to figure it out really. Certainly not a mod that affects positioning of any kind anywhere. Combat Animation mods? Real Animated Poses? Idk what it could possibly be, and probably never will. And it certainly doesn't seem like something anyone really cares about.

Edited by LynErso666
33 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

I mean I see these comments about positions being forced back to their original positions everywhere I see people talking about managing AAF's positions. Everywhere. Using modpos commands, even on the Nexus on SAM, AutoHotkeyObject Mover, threads about all of these and their commands. It's not just some little thing; it's a real problem. It should be kind of a big deal, I think. Any move to try to make a way for people to change positions is very disorganized, just all over the place, and one will tell me it's an AAF problem, and in AAF threads I'm told it's not? lol. 

But it doesn't matter. I bet you it's a very very common tool that everyone uses. I mean I use like 200 mods people probably commonly use that are required by a whole wealth of other mods so no way I'd be able to figure it out really. Certainly not a mod that affects positioning of any kind anywhere. Combat Animation mods? Real Animated Poses? Idk what it could possibly be, and probably never will. And it certainly doesn't seem like something anyone really cares about.

Modpos and such doesn't work, no.  The idles will resume their original position.

But I have personally used SAM on dozens of running AAF animations and never had my adjustments altered.  This says to me you either don't have SAM (and requirements) installed properly, or you're somehow using SAM incorrectly, but I couldn't tell you which.  SAM and AAF work fine together.

20 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It's also a very good reason to use a mod manager to install these things. It will remember what files were installed and cleanly remove them when you ask it to take out that particular mod, such that whatever files they were overwriting from other mods are back where they should be afterwards. At least when I told Vortex to uninstall NativeSync it removed all those files and stopped overwriting AAF's versions with them. Presumably MO2 works similarly.

Vortex did not show the conflict. Usually it does when files will be overwritten, it did not for me here, when having to post rules.

10 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Modpos and such doesn't work, no.  The idles will resume their original position.

But I have personally used SAM on dozens of running AAF animations and never had my adjustments altered.  This says to me you either don't have SAM (and requirements) installed properly, or you're somehow using SAM incorrectly, but I couldn't tell you which.  SAM and AAF work fine together.

Well thanks it's good to see current confirmation that they work without resuming their og pos! What do you use with SAM? Because I know SAM has optional requirements for other features. Are you using the skeletal adjustments with it? Maybe that's it. Maybe it's somehow required for it to take over or something? And are you %100 that no mod can ever possibly override SAM's adjustments and this problem is only theoretically possible if SAM is installed incorrectly?

Edited by LynErso666
46 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

Well thanks it's good to see current confirmation that they work without resuming their og pos! What do you use with SAM? Because I know SAM has optional requirements for other features. Are you using the skeletal adjustments with it? Maybe that's it. Maybe it's somehow required for it to take over or something?

At the moment, I have the following installed for modifying AAF animations with SAM in game:

Spoiler

F4SE 0.6.23 and current version of FO4 with all DLC

Screen Archer Menu 1.5.2

Settlement Objects Expansion Pack (for lights)

ZeX - ZaZ Extended Skeleton v6, with SAM support selected during installation

AAF v172

No camera, no "Skeletal Adjustments for CBBE" (I use FusionGirl).

6 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

At the moment, I have the following installed for modifying AAF animations with SAM in game:

Hide contents

F4SE 0.6.23 and current version of FO4 with all DLC

Screen Archer Menu 1.5.2

Settlement Objects Expansion Pack (for lights)

ZeX - ZaZ Extended Skeleton v6, with SAM support selected during installation

AAF v172

No camera, no "Skeletal Adjustments for CBBE" (I use FusionGirl).

O yep, me too. Just wondering if having Photo Mode would make a difference, but nope. I may never know why animations just default when adjusted.

3 hours ago, LynErso666 said:

O yep, me too. Just wondering if having Photo Mode would make a difference, but nope. I may never know why animations just default when adjusted.

I might suggest asking on Maxie's discord.  You'll find a lot more people intimately familiar with SAM, and perhaps able to diagnose your problem.

20 minutes ago, vranina said:

Just not work for me.  Old 166 playing animation, new 171 not.

Make sure you do not have AAF NativeSync installed, it is not compatible with 171.

Also, make sure nothing is overwriting the LL_FourPlay.dll that comes with AAF.  Real Handcuffs and Rad Morphing Redux both include that file, so make sure the one that comes with AAF overwrites them if you use those mods.

I really have no idea where to ask this question. 

How can I cause an erection via script? I thought this would work, but it's not working. 

On an naked male: 

BodyGen.SetMorph(MyMaleActor, false, "Erection", _NR_Morph, 10)

I rebuilt the male body with morphs to make sure. I'm rethinking whether this is the way.

Edited by JB.
59 minutes ago, JB. said:

How can I cause an erection via script? I thought this would work, but it's not working. 

On an naked male: 

I rebuilt the male body with morphs to make sure. I'm rethinking whether this is the way.

I don't know the specific answer to your question, but did you run BodyGen.UpdateMorphs(MyMaleActor) after your SetMorph command?  I found female morphs wouldn't take effect without running the bodygen update.

1 hour ago, JB. said:

On an naked male: 

Did you try the discord server?

1 minute ago, spicydoritos said:

I don't know the specific answer to your question, but did you run BodyGen.UpdateMorphs(MyMaleActor) after your SetMorph command?  I found female morphs wouldn't take effect without running the bodygen update.

Alright. I forgot about that. Everything is working now. 

Spoiler

FvjFDOPWIAE1pp8.jpeg.39c8ee90220b9db7fbf686b79f94a6bf.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, DasKebab said:

I seem to be able to consistently ctd if I fast travel/load new cell if there are 2 or more AAF anim playing

Do you have Buffout 4 installed and, if so, have you checked the crashlog it creates for further clues as to the underlying cause?