37 minutes ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

Im getting the issue where an npc is going to rape me and then nothing happens. I have reinstalled AAF multiple times and followed instructions carefully to no avail. Then i installed a theme. Still nothing. 

Please help.

Did you install any animation packs? Are you sure no errors appear on the screen? Have you checked the admin log in the AAF on-screen interface? Do animations play from other AAF-based mods for you?

56 minutes ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

Whenever the animations play my free camera get stuck and i cant look around.

That's an issue with either AAF or your game itself, not this mod. All this mod does is call AAF functions (and set some global variables here and there). It's possible it would pass in invalid arguments, but way more people would be having issues if that was the case.

1 hour ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

Whenever the animations play my free camera get stuck and i cant look around.

Make sure the LL_fourPlay_1_10_163.dll installed by AAF isn't overwritten by anything. You can also check your AAF installation with the AAF_GFV.exe utility from Moddingham. If that doesn't get you anywhere, ask in the help channels on the AAF Discord.

4 minutes ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

When i redownload AAF in NNM it says "Overwrite?" I pick "No to all" but the issue is still happening. I have also checked multiple other mods i have too but still nothing.

Choose Yes to overwrite. That way AAF overwrites any changes made to it by other mods.

9 minutes ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

didnt work

Using NMM to install AAF and related animation mods is not recommended. You're unlikely to have much success without the features of newer mod managers like MO2 or Vortex which can control the order of file overwrites after installation, have good support for things like FOMOD installer menus, and so on.

So, i'm having an issue and i think it may be this mod causing it. Now and again, an NPC will approach, and then after that, they're mute. Voice lines don't play and they don't lipsynch, they just kinda look at you while the subtitles show like they're communicating telepathically.  I've attempted disable / enabling them, resetactor, and using the kill command, all to no effect. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

4 hours ago, TheGamingSoviet1944 said:

Ok but is there still a way to fix this?

Probably, but if you're going to insist on continuing to use Nexus Mod Manager then you're probably on your own figuring out a solution. At a minimum you probably need to wipe and carefully reinstall everything from scratch. However, that's precisely what newer mod managers do every time you change anything at all, because it's the only reliable way to get mods like this working, particularly through updates.

1 hour ago, brewha666 said:

So, i'm having an issue and i think it may be this mod causing it. Now and again, an NPC will approach, and then after that, they're mute. Voice lines don't play and they don't lipsynch, they just kinda look at you while the subtitles show like they're communicating telepathically.  I've attempted disable / enabling them, resetactor, and using the kill command, all to no effect. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

I've seen the game fail to display conversation options from forced greets, from time to time, including the ones harassers give you. Usually if I back up and then return to them, or look around a bit and then back at them, the options will suddenly appear.

5 hours ago, brewha666 said:

Fallout 4 has an issue with two events playing at the same time. For example, a harasser approaching you while speaking to another NPC. The most common case of this is looking away from someone you're speaking to (rather than canceling the dialog through dialog options) and then wandering off somewhere. The only way to fix it is to find and complete any dialogs that the game may think are still going on.

47 minutes ago, delete1618 said:

Fallout 4 has an issue with two events playing at the same time. For example, a harasser approaching you while speaking to another NPC. The most common case of this is looking away from someone you're speaking to (rather than canceling the dialog through dialog options) and then wandering off somewhere. The only way to fix it is to find and complete any dialogs that the game may think are still going on.

Yeah, i think that the 2 events at once is the root of it but I don't think there's any ongoing dialogues. I tried seeing if it'd be fixed when he harasses me again, but it didn't work so I guess Paladin Danse is just gonna be quiet for a while / forever. Or maybe i should go back to an earlier save? I feel like it's been a minute since this happened though...

Edited by brewha666
1 hour ago, brewha666 said:

Yeah, i think that the 2 events at once is the root of it but I don't think there's any ongoing dialogues. I tried seeing if it'd be fixed when he harasses me again, but it didn't work so I guess Paladin Danse is just gonna be quiet for a while / forever. Or maybe i should go back to an earlier save? I feel like it's been a minute since this happened though...

By "didn't work" do you mean he harassed you again or that you couldn't get him to do so? If you can isolate him, you can force a harassment scenario through MCM debug. It may not be an issue with him, either. It could be any NPC in the entire game that's messing things up. It's probably the worst bug I'm aware of in base FO4. Way worse than any CTD.

5 minutes ago, delete1618 said:

By "didn't work" do you mean he harassed you again or that you couldn't get him to do so? If you can isolate him, you can force a harassment scenario through MCM debug. It may not be an issue with him, either. It could be any NPC in the entire game that's messing things up. It's probably the worst bug I'm aware of in base FO4. Way worse than any CTD.

Alternatively, Harassment's MCM has a debug option to cancel active approaches, or it will cancel them as soon as the player engages in any unrelated AAF scene.

4 hours ago, delete1618 said:

Oh he harassed me again, several times. It just didn't bring back his voice, which i was hoping would happen. I've progressed too far to go back to a save before that initial harassment that made him forever mute, so i guess it's fiiiine. Just wish i could fix it, but everything i can think of to try and have has had no effect. 

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Alternatively, Harassment's MCM has a debug option to cancel active approaches, or it will cancel them as soon as the player engages in any unrelated AAF scene.

This is a great feature @twistedtrebla put into Sexual Harassment.

However, I would like to see it more fine tuned - meaning turning it off just makes it a bit too easy and that a harassment is Player controlled - not the NC from the NPCs.

Perhaps the shut off SH is re-worded to "On a quest - don't approach" ....

However, MCM setting % chance in settlements or in Dungeons or in Towns.  Like Dangerous Nights has (which I found to be flaky for the RNG) ... but the point is, if in a dungeon, even an NPC would "think" that "yeah, it's not a good time" ... but in a settlement, even at night, that would seem to be the most opportune times.  Or in Diamond City. or maybe listen for enemies, quest completion (because NPCs should be rewarded for their hard work), a cleared cell trigger?  

We just need an AI system for the NPC to say "here's a good spot"... 

Otherwise, just shut it off, washes out bimbo effects, trauma, builds back up your willpower / self esteem etc.

It just a bit too much consent over the previous CNC versions.

I still love to use the mod... just the imbalance of who is in control has been pushed to the player too much.

John

EDIT: MAYBE JUST SIMPLY WHEN SH IS SHUT OFF, ALL SETTINGS ARE SET UNTIL IT TURNS ON AGAIN. OR A MEMORY HOLE OF HOW MANY TIMES IT HAS BEEN SHUTOFF - SO WHEN TURNED BACK ON, CHANCES OF SUCCESSFUL SH IS OVERWHELMING.  A MEANS TO DISCOURAGE JUST SHUTTING OFF SH BECAUSE IT IS "CONVENIENT".  MAKE THE PLAYER BE VERY CHOOSY OF WHEN IT IS RIGHT TO SHUT OFF - CONSEQUENCES.

Edited by MrCruelJohn
1 hour ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Perhaps the shut off SH is re-worded to "On a quest - don't approach" ....

Disabling current scenarios is purely a debug option that you trigger at will. It's not meant as part of the standard system, so it's purely up to the player how it will affect their RP. You're instead advocating for an option that permanently affects the mod's scripts, which is a good option to have. Being "in a scene" is something SH should really be checking already.

Edited by delete1618