What are you watching -Anime Edition-

Currently nothing' date=' but planning on Starting up Bleach again (left it off when the Dub stopped last September), or starting Naruto.

My Friends recommend One Piece, but the art style ticks me off.  ::)

[/quote']

Well choose between an absolutely crappy story but nice pictures or good story and one piece art style. :P

I'm watching initial D. currently.

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching HOTD for the second time. Watched it the first time sub'd and this time dubbed. Before that it was Place Promised in Our Early Days and Voices of a Distant Star.

I'm currently waiting for my 2nd season of Sekerei to arrive, so in the meantime I'm torn between Grave of Fireflies, the Queens Blade dub or Those Who Hunt Elves.

Rewatching some berserk episodes. As a side note' date=' did anyone hear they are redoing the series and actually following the manga to the letter? Can hardly wait...

Reading the manga is awesome, but a modern reworked anime that actually goes much farther would pretty much be the pinnacle of anime for me. I've watched alot, liked alot, but Berserk is as unique, and old school badass as any show from anywhere can be.

[/quote']

Agree 100%. I just recently was exposed to this anime within the last month. I bought the "complete series" and watched it through in like 3 days pretty much back to back. It gripped me to say the least. I hold it in high esteem up there with Cowboy Bebop and it has as much class as the Record of the Lodoss Wars (but with some slightly better voice acting).

Needless to say I was EXTREMELY irritated when I finished off "The Complete Series" with the ending it had. My blood was boiling. I was confused. And spent several hours after looking up on the net to find out what happened to Casca and such. I'm extremely excited about the remake. Although I'm annoyed that I'm going to have to wait for them to animate the entire first season again instead of just starting where they left off.

Currently watching Monster, and so far this series is awesome, in a disturing kinda way.

Surprised by this one, thought nothing can beat Revolutionary Girl Utena in the demonic department,

but then I found this work of art.  ;D

Recently watched Valkyria Chronicles, Eureka 7, and Pumpkin Scissors, all of which were good.

• 4 weeks later...

Hooo "GoSick" Is One of Best Anime Ever Made!!!

Other Good One's Are..

Clannad (BEST)

Nyan Koi! (BEST)

Onegai Teacher! or Please Teacher! (BEST)

Onegai Twins (BEST)

Bakemonogatari (BEST)

Dance in the Vampire Bund (BEST)

Karin Chibi Vampire (BEST)

Spice and Wolf (BEST)

Girl Who Leapt Through Space (BEST)

Hayate no Gotoku (BEST)

Innocent Smile (BEST)

Martian Successor NADESICO (BEST)

My Days With Midori (BEST)

Chobits

Lotte no Omocha! or Astarotte's Toy

Kore wa Zombie desu ka

Amagami SS

To Aru Majutsu no Index

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko...Ec...Ec...Ec...

Hooo "GoSick" Is One of Best Anime Ever Made!!!

Other Good One's Are..

Clannad (BEST)

Nyan Koi! (BEST)

Onegai Teacher! or Please Teacher! (BEST)

Onegai Twins (BEST)

Bakemonogatari (BEST)

Dance in the Vampire Bund (BEST)

Karin Chibi Vampire (BEST)

Spice and Wolf (BEST)

Girl Who Leapt Through Space (BEST)

Hayate no Gotoku (BEST)

Innocent Smile (BEST)

Martian Successor NADESICO (BEST)

My Days With Midori (BEST)

Chobits

Lotte no Omocha! or Astarotte's Toy

Kore wa Zombie desu ka

Amagami SS

To Aru Majutsu no Index

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko...Ec...Ec...Ec...

What! you rate chobits under midori days? inconceiveable!

Actually I just started watching Clannad, again. Although I'm here in Japan for a little over another week, gonna buy a bunch of boxed sets and ship them back home so I have more new stuff to watch.

and I didn't see but GTO (great teacher Onizuka) was freakin funny as hell.

also: monster was really good. watched that like 6 months ago, great story all the way through.

Ghost in the Shell;

Samurai Champloo;

Cowboy Bebop;

'nuff said! :D

I'll agree with 2 of the 3... samauri champloo was great! cowboy bebop... its a classic. I never really cared for ghost in the shell. I dont know why, just didn't appeal to me I guess.

LOL one of my all time favorites is Love Hina. I don't know why really but it cracks me up. Mahou sensei negima, xxx-holic, kanokan, I,my,me strawberry eggs. Darker than black (the first season) I thought it lost something in the second season personally. I pretty much only watch anime anymore as the programming on tv sucks. I do watch dexter on showtime though, but everything else is anime all the time.

I've been reading the Gantz manga series' date=' and getting increasingly disappointed, so I thought I'd try the anime version, because I heard it was a little different.

Now I'm just getting angry.

[/quote']

Yeah, Gantz was a little bit of a let down. I just broke out the 1st season of Darker than black. Still watching High School of the dead too.

I'am not so much an Anime Watcher anymore, but I'am an active Manga Reader.

Currently I follow One Piece (my favorite by far), Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto Shippuuden... so I'd say the usual stuff.

I also enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist while it was still an ongoing series. Oh and I was also Reading Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z when I was younger... basically thats the stuff that got me started... at least if we don't count Mila Superstar and Kickers :P

King Gainer. Seriously, it's kind of Tomino Going High On Acid mode (opposed to his Kill'em All phase during Ideon and Zeta Gundam), and then there's the monkeydance. With giant mecha.

Here's the OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97j86qH91Nk

Also, a bit of Toradora! here and there (must catch up). The local dub/translation for Soul Eater ain't bad either.

Waiting for a release of SRW OG: The Inspectors - Oobari flavor, baby - otherwise it's subs time (I think the folks at SubZero have one planned, besides I still need to look into their GaoGaiGar subs).

On the manga side, I kinda hope ol' man Hagiwara hauls ass and gets the next tankubon of Bastard!! primed and ready soon.

pfft if we are talking anime nothing beats highschool of the dead!

the ecchi just oozes out lol.

i'm waiting till someone has the guts to make an anime of gyo or anything by junji ito. i heard they made uzumaki into a movie but i heard it was pretty weak for such a disturbing manga.

then again he has nothing on waita uziga, nothing like being mentally scarred by a comic book.

edit: oh yeah forgot, elfen lied! and neon genesis evangelion!

there are a few good ones on netflix like dead leaves, it is an odd anime.

Speaking of abridges series'' date=' I'm watching the Yu-Gi-Oh abridged series. Its fantastic. And hilarious.

[/quote']

why so... british?

For this season, I'd say...

Blood-C

Hana-Saku Iroha

Ikoku Meiro No Croisee

Kamisama Dolls

Mawaru Penguin Drum

Morita-san Wa Mukuchi

Nichijou

R-15

Sket Dance

THE IDOLM@STER

Usagi Drop

Yuru Yuri

I used to watch shonen anime like Bleach and Naruto but for some reason they no longer interest me. Maybe because they're way too lengthy; maybe because they have too many fillers; or maybe I just simply grew out of shonen anime and distanced myself from it. Meh, who knows.

FYI, here are a couple of good sites to watch anime streaming online without having to deal with bloody pop-up ads.

http://www.animeseason.com/

http://www.animebuzz.tv/

http://hidden-anime.tv/ (has the occasional pop-up ads but otherwise tolerable)

For this season' date=' I'd say...

Blood-C

Hana-Saku Iroha

Ikoku Meiro No Croisee

Kamisama Dolls

Mawaru Penguin Drum

Morita-san Wa Mukuchi

Nichijou

R-15

Sket Dance

THE IDOLM@STER

Usagi Drop

Yuru Yuri

I used to watch shonen anime like Bleach and Naruto but for some reason they no longer interest me. Maybe because they're way too lengthy; maybe because they have too many fillers; or maybe I just simply grew out of shonen anime and distanced myself from it. Meh, who knows.

FYI, here are a couple of good sites to watch anime streaming online without having to deal with bloody pop-up ads.

http://www.animeseason.com/

http://www.animebuzz.tv/

http://hidden-anime.tv/ (has the occasional pop-up ads but otherwise tolerable)

[/quote']

lol well maybe it also has too much angst in it? bleach is not as painful as naruto though. i can only read a few chapters of naruto before i just want to smack every character.