What are you watching -Anime Edition-

A while back I stumbled on to the Myanimelist.com site and thought it was a pretty good way to keep track of the anime I was watching and rate on a scale of 1 to 10 as far as what I really liked. I guess in all honesty I watch anime more than anything else anymore really. (with exception to NFL) :P

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Siato

I have not updated in a little bit but I have a list of about 30 more I need to add with notes for personal reviews on why it got the rating it did.

Yeah' date=' Gantz was a little bit of a let down. I just broke out the 1st season of Darker than black. Still watching High School of the dead too.

[/quote']

Actually I think I'm halfway through Berserk now and I'm surprised at how good it is. I expected some pretty low-brow fan service and lots of dumb violence but it's turning out to be quite a quality piece of work. Too bad it's not being updated regularly anymore, from what I hear. I'm really anxious to find out how it ends.

• 2 months later...

This Season Fall 2011 Been watching:

Fate/Zero

Working'!! Season 2

Ben-to "This One Was Good!" It's about Food!

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! "Look's Good"

C3-Cube x Cursed x Curious "Look's Good"

Gundam AGE "Look's Good"

Shinryakul? Ika Musume Season 2 "Look's Good" "squid puns"

Mashiro-Iro Symphony

Bpku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai "Look's Good"

Shakugan no Shana Season III (Final)

Code Geass and Death Note F*CKING FTW!

Sekirei, love it

Chobits, nothing beats the classic

Tora Dora, if you want to cry

Lovely Complex, cry

Get Backers, action packed but too short

High school of the dead should be named HS of the Pantyshots, but its still epic.

Ragnarok the animation, also classic

The latest anime i watched was Deadman Wonderland which i like it much but its so sad anything that happens in this anime.After all that blood,gore and sadness i decided to watch something relaxing like Sekirei but the problem is i cant find the 1st season with english subs.I have found 2nd season but im sure i will be like "whats goind on here?" if i dont watch 1st season.Anyone know where to find it?

Btw this list is what i have watched so far.

Agent Aika,Claymore,Deadman Wonderland,Digimon Adventures (i loved it when i was a kid, Digimon>Pokemon:D),Dragonaut the resonance,Devil May Cry,Elfen Lied,Grenadier,Highschool of the dead,Michiko e hatchin,Queen's Blade,Witchblade and my all time favorite...

ONE PIECE :heart:

I'm not normally all that big on anime really, but the wife and I have been watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood lately. I vaguely remembered watching and enjoying it when it was the old (non-canon?) version on adult swim, so I figured I'd give this one a shot. So far it's been excellent. We're around the beginning of season/part 3 now. It's pretty dark, which I love, and the characters are engaging.

I also have Death Note in my Netflix queue, as someone recommended it to me.

Death note was good in the beginning but the later plot twists begin to get silly imo. I loved the season 1 darker than black. The second season (Gemini) was only so so.

As silly as it may sound I have found myself really enjoying the highschool comedy genre lately. I rarely rave about any series of anime but if your looking for a coming of age drama style, true tears or the obvious clannad and clannad after story are truly terrific.

For Older Ones:

"Nyan Koi!" It's About CATS!

"Bakemonogatari" (BEST)

"Spice and Wolf" Season 1 and 2 and whating for Season 3!

"Inuyasha"

"Kanokon" Hooo GOD!!

"Dance in the Vampire Bund"

"Tsukuyomi Moon Phase"

"Karin Chibi Vampire"

"Ah! My Goddess" All of Them!

"Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu" Season 1 and 2

"Clannad" All of it BUT the DAME Clannad The Motion Picture GOD it Sucked!!!!

"Girl Who Leapt Through Space" (BEST)

"Hayate no Gotoku" The Greatest butler in the World!

"He Is My Master" HO GOD the Alligator!

"Innocent Smile" Season 1 and 2 (BEST)

"Love Hina" (BEST)

"Lovely Complex"

"Mahoraba Heartful days"

"My Bride is a Mermaid" Mermaids and the Mob!

"My Days With Midori" The only lover I`ll ever have is my right hand!

"Nagasarete Airantou" (BEST) An isolated island with nothing but girls and 1 Boy!

"Onegai Teacher!"

"Onegai Twins" But See "Onegai Teacher!" First!

"Princess Lover" (BEST)

"Rozen Maiden"

"Saber Marionette"

"Seitokai no Ichizon Student Council’s Activities" (BEST)

"Sentou Yousei Yukikaze" [OAV] BEST Figher Jet in the World!

"Sky Girls" (BEST)

"Sky of Iriya, Summer of UFO" [OAV] (BEST)

"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" (BEST)

"The Sacred Blacksmith" (BEST)

"To Aru Majutsu no Index" (BEST)

"To Aru Kagaku no Railgun" (BEST)

"To Love-Ru" Season 1 and 2 (BEST)

"Toradora!" (BEST)

"VanDread" Season 1 and 2 (BEST)

"Zero no Tsukaima" Season 1,2 and 3 And Season 4 "SOON" (BEST)

There's a Lot Of Good One's Out there!!!

I have one favorite anime movie and one favorite series:

Akira

Azumanga Daioh

Ghost in the Shell is also brilliant (especially the Japanese version of the manga), but I don't think I've seen anything as funny as Azumanga Daioh, ever.

Claymore, Haibane Renmei, Gunslinger Girl, Serial Experiments Lain, Bubblegum Crisis, Record of Lodoss War, Mushi-shi, and El Hazard round out my top ten for series. Aside from Akira, Grave of the Fireflies, and the Ghost in the Shell movies, I haven't seen many anime films.

I'm not a huge fan of anime, I only watched a few.

Recently I've just watched Golden Boy again, I love that little series so much, the acting is so bad it's awesome.

Sample:

I also watched Death Note for the second time in years, I really like this one too, but I feel the fanservice is a nuisance to the plot and ruin the seriousness of the story when it occurs. Dunno you guys feeling towards fanservice, but I honestly hate it (most of the time).

It was the same with the Ghost in the Shell series for me, although I absolutly love the series, I just can't take the Major seriously with that skimpy outfit in the first season and her dumb lesbian friends.

i'm behind the times! i finally watched howl's moving castle.

man what a wonderful movie, i loved spirited away!

also watched tales from earthsea, i was hoping for it to be a wizard of earthsea, not a mishmash of teheru and the farthest shore, well sort of...

the animation was okay, but it felt anemic and uninspired for the story it was attempting to tell.

sadly the story was BORING, the books are GOOD the movie was BORING.

it was a painfully tedious movie that didn't leave any impression on me other than "god what a boring uninspiring movie!"

The director of Howl's Moving Castle "Hayao Miyazaki" did a lot of Good films some of them are:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Princess Mononoke

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro

My Neighbor Totoro

Kiki's Delivery Service

Porco Rosso

Ponyo.....