What are you watching -Anime Edition-

I just got done watching 49 episodes of Aura Battler Dunbine. The animation was bad but it was made in the 80s so that's to be expected. The story reminded me a bit of Legend of the Galactic Heroes in that it had a political focus and showed both sides of the conflict but overall it was defiantly closer early Gundam. I hated the ending but for personal preference reasons not because the ending was all that bad. There was a few spinoffs and an ova sequel but the "sequel" is so horribly translated you can only understand maybe 2/3 what is being said and reads like like a machine translation and although it dos seem to be set after some alternate version the events of the original series the whole thing is based on non-existent retelling and not really a sequel.

Hehe I decided to watch the anime again which I watched a lot when I was younger. Thanks to Donkey's old Wolflore pic' date=' I decided to watch Dragonball Z again. Quite funny since it's been so long time :P

[/quote']

DBZ will always be an all-time favorite. It's gotta be considered a classic. Are you watching the Dragonball Z "Kai" version by any chance?

DBZ will always be an all-time favorite. It's gotta be considered a classic. Are you watching the Dragonball Z \"Kai\" version by any chance?

I'm not sure what this Kai version is, but I know there is Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragonball GT.

I've skipped Dragon Ball, and I'm at episode 60 of Dragon Ball Z. I'm kind of starting to regret that I skipped Dragon Ball. What is this Dragon Ball Z Kai?

DBZ will always be an all-time favorite. It's gotta be considered a classic. Are you watching the Dragonball Z \"Kai\" version by any chance?

I'm not sure what this Kai version is' date=' but I know there is Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragonball GT.

I've skipped Dragon Ball, and I'm at episode 60 of Dragon Ball Z. I'm kind of starting to regret that I skipped Dragon Ball. What is this Dragon Ball Z Kai?

[/quote']

It's basically a remastered and recut version of Dragon Ball Z. :)

I always liked Goku. :D Hero to the Rescue approach. Vegeta always felt like an arrogant.

I agree. Vegeta's cool and all but I think he's way too overrated though. Goku ftw!!!

Guest Donkey

Fusion undermines the true power of the Super Sayajin. :D It's like i can't win alone. When Goku was first forced to turn into a super Sayajin was the best episode.

When Gohan first changes to Super Sayajin 2. was also one of my all time favorite.

That's not too far off from the episode I'm watching now. It's funny how Vegeta makes himself believe that he's a supersaiyan  :D I like all scenes of supersaiyan, like when Gohan turns SS2, back at the Android Saga. Very nicely done.

Well... lemme think.

Just watched Cowboy Bebop through again... got convinced to watch through both runnings of Hellsing (I liked the first ones, better)... sat through all of Trigun, didn't hate it... and most recently spent a week and watched four hundred-some episodes of One Piece to get caught up with that.

Basically, I'll watch any damn thing someone recommends I watch.

I'm not really picky. I like almost anything. Any recommendations?

(I'm pretty well caught up with Dragon Ball... so other than that.)

I re watched Gurren Lagann for 100th time possibly recently(this show changed my life), seen dbz way to many times to be considered healthy and am currently watching Freezing, one piece, bleach and Tower of Druaga, all exceptionally good with the exception of bleach.

I'm currently watching Bleach, Dragon Ball Z Kai and High School of the Dead and I'll soon be watching my recently found copy of Bubblegum Crisis.

One of the things I like best with DBZ Kai is the pacing.  The story and the fighting flow together in an almost seamless way.

That was one of the things I thought brought down the original a bit, where they would build up to a major fight...and then spend the next 15-20 episodes talking smack before any fighting would occur.  Then they would fight for 2-3 episodes and then spend another 10 episodes talking smack before getting back to fighting.

• 4 weeks later...

Rewatching some berserk episodes. As a side note, did anyone hear they are redoing the series and actually following the manga to the letter? Can hardly wait...

Reading the manga is awesome, but a modern reworked anime that actually goes much farther would pretty much be the pinnacle of anime for me. I've watched alot, liked alot, but Berserk is as unique, and old school badass as any show from anywhere can be.

kind of old-school and lost touch with anime over the last few years....work/rl etc.  back in the days, it was all about ranma 1/2 (which i re-bought) and stuff like appleseed (the new ones RULE) and roadbuster (forgot japanese name of that one?).  Of course, and to show my age, an old fave for me was robotech, that when i finally found out about anime I learned about the original japanese editions and have since collected them.  Granted the fan subs aren't that great at times, but hey they subbed 'em and I cant, and they are a BLAST to watch (and actually you catch tidbits of true backstory that you don't get in the americanized version that i still love too).  What i do is watch the japan versions, then watch the english versions directly after :P

Well if you all like DragonBall Z i would think you would all like the Team Four Stars Abridged version of it. It's worth seeing if you have watched DBZ before or even if you haven't it's still funny either way.

http://www.teamfourstar.com/page-episodes ;)

Oh and recently watched anime that i have loved watching have to be: Angel Beats, Birdy the mighty and Clannad. Still watch Bleach from time to time but it's not really interesting atm. :P

I just watched The world god only knows and I loved it. can't wait for the 2nd season.

Im also starting to like animes with idol elements like Macross Frontier. It started ever since I watched that.

then again, Macross Frontier was just awesome all the way through.

Im also starting to like animes with idol elements like Macross Frontier. It started ever since I watched that.

then again' date=' Macross Frontier was just awesome all the way through.

[/quote']

I'm basically a fan of anything macross myself, idol or no :P  but i totally understand.  So what are some worthwhile anime series out there that are new, that people who have been out of the loop for awhile should pick up as required watching?

then again' date=' Macross Frontier was just awesome all the way through.

[/quote']

I'm basically a fan of anything macross myself, idol or no :P  but i totally understand.  So what are some worthwhile anime series out there that are new, that people who have been out of the loop for awhile should pick up as required watching?

dunno if you watched Trigun back in the day. if you did, the movie that came out, kind of recently, is well worth the watch. if not, watch it anyway. though it would be better to know the characters already.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is awesome, too. another take on the series and the OVAs are of the same quality in storytelling.

Death Note is worth it, aswell. its been out for a while but I dunno how long out of the loop youve been exactly.

I myself enjoyed Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion alot. main points are mecha and strategy elements. there are alot of different opinions about the second season of it, though. I enjoyed both seasons.

be careful, though. its pretty colourful.

Im guessing you watched Neon Genesis Evangelion. if not, watch that sometime and then the movies after that.

after that the new movies. just don't go expecting its completly the same as the tv series. the new ones I mean.

Just as a note to peeps, I know most of us likely watch anime online and prefer subs. However, I was on netflix recently and if you stream to your gaming system or blu-ray player, they have added a ton of anime to it's streaming service, also have a category too. Downside is alot of it is dubbed : /

Anyways, just throwing that tidbit out there for those who care :P