[Mod Summary] Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash

2 minutes ago, poster said:

in the CatTextureEditor the file does look untouched but the hexeditor tells a different story.

the complete pattern is different (exactly like described here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/75413-senran-kagura-estival-versus-pc-hex-editingbody-and-making-thing-invisible/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-1855962)

also imitating that pattern caused only a strange nonworking behavior

I'm not that advanced into hex editing so I can't understand patterns yet. ^_^; Wait for Butler, he'll give you the details.

40 minutes ago, Sesheenku said:

Okay so... here we are, from what I can deduce, this outfit itself IS the censorship. I may have mistaken which value with the images but play around with the values on those lines.

Wow....

I can't help but admire the cleverness with that one.

The invisible mesh theory was WAY off. Cool (and hilarious) find, guys.

20 minutes ago, poster said:

Does anyone understand how the bubble costume mod works? i tried to do the same with another costume but i do not really understand what is happening there.

I was able to switch throught the mashes and textures but didn't get the materials/meshes from the swimsuit/bra like the bubble mod.

Are there any further conjuncations neccessary?

My current debug version has the bandages mesh with material and i looked at all meshes but did't find a complete one.

freecos/15_01.cat

0x001090: 00 60 23 30 00 10 02 60 01 30 00 10 00 60 02 30

00 10 00 60 03 30 00 10 00 60 04 30 00 10 07 60

25 30 00 10 ...

Im pretty sure its using a model from Estival, The hex pattern is different in PBS as there is no 40 in the hex pattern for this game like in the other game. I wish we had a mesh repacker, as I can get the models into 3dsmax but have no way to save them back... The .tdm files have a section for bones, polygroups (different layers for small and large chests for instance), rigging information, and then a large section of all the vertex information, so its no easy task. 

1 minute ago, eivaldr said:

Im pretty sure its using a model from Estival, The hex pattern is different in PBS, there is no 40 in the hex pattern for this game like in the other game. I wish we had a mesh repacker, as I can get the models into 3dsmax but have no way to save them back... The .tdm files have a section for bones, polygroups (different layers for small and large chests for instance), rigging information, and then a large section of all the vertex information, so its no easy task. 

yes the new pattern has 2 less bytes.

I don't think the meshes are in the file itself, because the mod requires another mod (Undies - Type 01 Pattern 25) to work.

If i understand that correctly there is a way that a (modded) swimsuit "overrides" the data.

I am really interested how that work.

A direct access to other files would be a massive bad design, so i think that's not the key.

25 minutes ago, BTres said:

Wow....

I can't help but admire the cleverness with that one.

The invisible mesh theory was WAY off. Cool (and hilarious) find, guys.

I'm drinking my ass off so I can't go much further tonight but that's a brekathrough I think.

13 minutes ago, poster said:

yes the new pattern has 2 less bytes.

I don't think the meshes are in the file itself, because the mod requires another mod (Undies - Type 01 Pattern 25) to work.

If i understand that correctly there is a way that a (modded) swimsuit "overrides" the data.

I am really interested how that work.

A direct access to other files would be a massive bad design, so i think that's not the key.

The underwear uses the file cmn_body00.cat for its model, if you do the same thing I described above with this file (replace the contents with the bubble mod) all underwear are invisible too.

The meshes are definitely in the file, as I can import them, here is a screenshot from the contents of the bubble mod. What I dont understand is why there are so many duplicate meshes in the bubble mod model... and how textures are assigned to each piece.

bubble.jpg

4 minutes ago, eivaldr said:

The underwear uses the file cmn_body00.cat for its model, if you do the same thing I described above with this file (replace the contents with the bubble mod) all underwear are invisible too.

Ah ok you mean the meshes in the modded file are manipulated? in that case as long as there is now easy was to do that only the bubble costume does work with that.

Doesn't sound like a solution to manipulate all meshes.

I hope i understand you correctly.

1 hour ago, eivaldr said:

If anyone is looking for the completely nude finisher, the outfit used is cmn.cat . If you hide the bandages with a hex editor, there are just holes in the mesh where the nipples and pussy would be (there are actually two models that the game uses, one when the bikini is on, and it switches when you knock the clothes off).

I made it work by unpacking the cmn.cat and the bubble nude mod, replacing the contents of the cmn.cat with the contents from the bubble nude mod and changing the name of the .pac file inside to cmn.pac.

Unfortunately This hides the bikini to begin with and makes the minigame pointless... but at least there are no annoying bandages.

I would be interested if someone can come up with a way to have the bikini show before you knock it off as well.

SKPBS_finisher_no_bandages.7z

finisher.jpg

pretty nice mod but id like it they weren't already stripped when you do a finisher that way you get to see the bra and stuff fall off. I also noticed Mirai isn't flat during her finisher with this mod

9 minutes ago, Onsokumaru said:

pretty nice mod but id like it they weren't already stripped when you do a finisher that way you get to see the bra and stuff fall off. I also noticed Mirai isn't flat during her finisher with this mod

Neither is Neptune, I think it has to do with the Summer Bikini file, maybe there's something we can hex edit... or maybe use that boob editor, not sure.

AhrgvYg.jpg

https://imgur.com/AhrgvYg

Notice how she's not flat when hex editing the summer bikini 

YegctP6.jpg

https://imgur.com/YegctP6

9 minutes ago, Onsokumaru said:

Yea me too, I didnt really do any modding, I just used the same technique and files as other mods. All credit goes to the other modders and the makers of the tools. Ill see if I can figure out why it doesnt work for flat chest.

~.~ . Hey hey.

HEX vaules difference between Bubbles C1 and Bubbles C2

Screenshot_3.jpg.c6f1ccdba11e01d248d3b5c3bdaa51dc.jpg

What I can see at first glance is that modded Bubbles we use is from Estival Versus.
Hex values in C1 Bubbles is a mess so we make it easy for editing .
And now we have it easier to understand since the values are aligned.(at least for me)

easier.jpg.2aa46b9b74ab5ebf94ce608f24f3eafe.jpg

Now we can note .

Estival Versus Values
00 60 04 40 1C 30 00 10 

(PBS don't use these two bytes in this section)

Screenshot_1.jpg.5cf2caee7bb9f40a97b24251ea4e86ca.jpg

I believe these values don't take any account in PBS or it's related to the EV .tmd model.

Removing these two byes we would have something similar Peach Beash Splash hexes.
00 60 00 30 00 10

I don't know what these two bytes are so I call the Divisor bytes for my own sake .
Since I believe they divide the a set of 04 bytes.

On the orignal Bubbles it starts as.
00 60 00 30 00 10 00 60 01 30 00 10

And for the little research I made.

The ID element 00 usually stands for Main body texture.

And well the size difference between the two of them. In SKEV I could replicate the modding in files that weren't modded . Like bathing  towel C1 is modded While C2 is not.

Screenshot_2.jpg.77d6e8243acf3cf0f046c2398f78dcbe.jpg

I would compare these two files and replicate C1 into C2 successfully modding C2.
If We had a Original Modded file from PBS we could have a better grasp of the situation.

And Other Thing I would dare to suggest that the bytes followed by 40 would be the bra/undies data.

So this Giant post a resume of my understanding of the situation.
Also the amount of Knowledge I have is from reading whocares post and putting it into practice and doing some self studying (breaking SKEV).

Also a Hint for searching. The area that is likely the one to be modded.

Seach for values 01 60 . In most cases it will take you directly there.

________

Gonna take a look in the Summer Bikini HEx values

21 minutes ago, eivaldr said:

Yea me too, I didnt really do any modding, I just used the same technique and files as other mods. All credit goes to the other modders and the makers of the tools. Ill see if I can figure out why it doesnt work for flat chest.

Maybe because different from Big Breasted girls using Summer Bikini
Flat chested uses Summer Onepiece instead ?

17 hours ago, alycancis said:

You just follow my edit list for the costumes and use plybodyscl.bin to set a small boob value for the flatties. That's all.

@Planus Good job on the jiggle physics. 

The hex values are most likely reverse byte floats.

9A 99 99 3D comes out to 0.075

AE 47 75 3F comes out to 0.958125 (or basically 0.95)

13 01 00 00 is the header of the file

After checking the file, this is the exact block for the first costume or exactly 96 bytes (floats in parenthesis, only the last part is likely actual float values)

00 00 C0 BF 00 00 C0 3F 00 00 20 C0  00 00 C0 3F

00 00 A0 C0 00 00 A0 40 00 00 A0 C0  00 00 A0 40

00 00 40 C0 00 00 40 40 66 66 66 3F  0A D7 A3 3B  (0.9, 0.005)

AE 47 61 3F 9A 99 99 3D 00 00 00 00 (0.95 dampener, 0.075 jiggle intensity)

00 00 C0 BF 00 00 C0 3F 00 00 60 C0 00 00 00 40

00 00 A0 C0 00 00 A0 40 00 00 A0 C0 00 00 A0 40

00 00 80 BF 00 00 40 40 66 66 66 3F 0A D7 A3 3B

AE 47 61 3F 9A 99 99 3D 00 00 00 00

Breakdown analysis of bustinfo.bin

Offset +0 -  00 00 C0 BF 00 00 C0 3F Appears in every block

Offset +8 -  00 00 20 C0 00 00 C0 3F Appears in 24 blocks

Offset +8 -  00 00 60 C0 00 00 00 40 Appears in every other block

Offset +10 - 00 00 A0 C0 00 00 A0 40 Appears in every block except for four blocks that start at Offset 1430

Offset +18 - 00 00 A0 C0 00 00 A0 40 Appears in every block except for four blocks that start at Offset 1430

Offset +20 - 00 00 40 C0 00 00 40 40 Appears in 24 Blocks

Offset +20 - 00 00 80 BF 00 00 40 40 Appears in every other Block

Offset +28 - 66 66 66 3F 0A D7 A3 3B Appears in every Block

Offset +30 - AE 47 61 3F 9A 99 99 3D Appears in every Block

Offset +38 - 00 00 00 00 Appears in 60 Blocks

Offset +38 - 01 00 00 00 Appears in every other Block except four blocks that start at Offset 1430

Due to lack of variation I can therefore conclude that BustInfo.bin does not carry any markers for which section / block belongs to which costume.

This must be contained somewhere within each costume file, pointing at a specific section of bustinfo.bin

Theres alot of info in there and short time for me (at least for this week, but ill try it next week), thank you for the data and numbers : )

I have to go to work now in a bit so this will be short but all of this hex editing is basically what i've been doing the last 70+ hours to edit all the clothing to allow big boobs for Mirai / Nep and so forth.

Basically the format is

Mesh_part Texture index ID

60 (push)

Mesh_part Layer Index ID

30 ( Visibility = 1, 0 = Visibility = 0)

00 10 (basically a end of line command)

this is an universal format in costumes. It does not apply to "Bura" and "Swim" as they do not need a parts setup.

How many parts an outfit has depends on the outfit and whether it is tearable.  (Tearable outfits have many more parts than non-tearable. Some have as many as 40-60 parts)

to give an example from ninja cos 09_04 aka Haruka's Ninja outfit, color 5 (for clarification, 09_00 and 09_01, 02, 03, 04 only differ in textures used)

00 60 00 30 00 10 -> texture 0 (this means skin-like texture) -> mesh layer 0 (this is, often, the normal boobs sized body or upper body)

00  60 01 30 00 10 -> texture 0 (skin) -> mesh layer 1 (this is, often but not always, the flat boobs. In this case it isn't.)

00 60 02 30 00 10

01 60 03 30 00 10

01 60 04 30 00 10  -> changing the mesh layer from 04 to 03 changes the costume boobs part (1 of 2) from flat to big chest. You basically have to trial and error for EVERY costume to find the correct value

02 60 05 30 00 10

02 60 06 30 00 10

00 60 00 30 00 10 -> normally, this has a texture ID of 2 and a layer ID of 7, which covers the 'cleavage' part of flat chests in that costume. Changing it to 00 and 00 properly converts it to a skin-like texture and the big breasts that are necessary to not make the outfit look buggy

The general IDs of what is what vary GREATLY between outfits.

Ninja09_0X - Haruka's Outfit (FCA to 3, FDA to 0, FDC to 0)

compare against

FreeCos70_0X - Ayame Store Apron (F18 to 0, F22 to 2, F24 to 4, F2E to 1, F30 to 2)

so it is basically trial and error for every part

What I do is open all 5 color variations, go to the dressing room, and change each mesh layer 5 times. If the original value is 0, I set color 1 to 1, color 2 to 2, etc

If the original value is 7 for example, I still go with 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and the next round about, I go with 6, 8, 9, A, B to see results. Because sometimes you actually need to increase a mesh ID above what it was originally to get desired results.

2 hours ago, eivaldr said:

If anyone is looking for the completely nude finisher, the outfit used is cmn.cat . If you hide the bandages with a hex editor, there are just holes in the mesh where the nipples and pussy would be (there are actually two models that the game uses, one when the bikini is on, and it switches when you knock the clothes off).

I made it work by unpacking the cmn.cat and the bubble nude mod, replacing the contents of the cmn.cat with the contents from the bubble nude mod and changing the name of the .pac file inside to cmn.pac.

Unfortunately This hides the bikini to begin with and makes the minigame pointless... but at least there are no annoying bandages.

I would be interested if someone can come up with a way to have the bikini show before you knock it off as well.

Spoiler

SKPBS_finisher_no_bandages.7z

finisher.jpg

Nice progress :classic_angel:

1 hour ago, eivaldr said:

Here is a screenshot of the non-modded bubbles C1 .tdm file... 

Its a completely different set of meshes with holes, and bubbles  and many sets of panties lol. 

defaultbubbles.jpg

I managed to get this model with some crapy hex editing here. Bubble C1

5aab542a3decf_aftermytries.thumb.jpg.8b4d4c99315865eae0216bfb2577e70e.jpg

ID Big Breasted

0E = Torso area
1C = Legs
10 = Bandaids (invisible right now)

BTW - How did you manage to import .tdm with 3DS max ? 
Couldn't do it.

4 minutes ago, Bumpywolf said:

You Monster! flat is love!!! flat is justice!!! 

only joking  : P

Kyonyuu is my life and all of my existence. 

The game is going pretty well with the game mods, and I'm still trying to restore the Ikkitousen names to their anime versions, but since the names are no longer hidden within the Chinese localization, I figured I had to create them myself using photoshop.

The thing is, the most similar font I found on the internet is Bolts SF Italic, and it doesn't match some letters, like both K, Y and lowercase t and r. So I wanted to ask if there is a way to use the font file used in the game? since it seems it's te same used for menus and credits.

Ohh found something interesting . . .
As evaildr said the Bubbles C1 Model is Full of holes so I would have achieved something with my little experiment earlier.
That said.
I managed to view BubbleC2 Model . And the Model has no holes at all.

Screenshot_1.jpg.47600290871faf60ad93527677cd6879.jpg
So the core of the problem is with the TMD Models.