why the hell! is falkreath housecarl (Rayya) in lakeview manor?

M.BISON

hello

i hate having housecarls in my house!!!!!!!!! (usually just use player home mods)

mini rant incoming: ive completed building lakeview manor for the first time, everything was normal as usual, then one day im about to leave and this stupid npc just comes in like everything is normal, walks upstairs and makes herself at home! thought ill make her follow me then leave her somewhere but no she wants to go back to lakeview :neutral:, even asked to be steward of lakeview.....hell no

long story short - is it normal for housecarl to move in to lakeview? im only the thane of falkreath at the moment, so if i become thane of e.g solitude, ill have another npc just decide to move in?  

Housecarls generally live with their Thane.

Each of the vanilla homes, have housecarl who going to move in.

Like Lydia in Breezehome or Jordis in Proudspire manor.

I guess Heartfire houses are not expection either.

Normally they at the Longhouse in smaller holds, but I guess they move in after all.

ahhh damn it!! i was hoping heathfire lakeview manor would be different 

ill check some mods to get rid of these squatters, worst case scenario ill leave them somewhere (few days of peace until they return)

ill check the mod you mentioned borbakuk

they have ruined my peace!

thanks for the answers 

edit - was observing the npc and it looks like "it" just mainly walks around outside, so thats good 

46 minutes ago, dark vergil said:

ahhh damn it!! i was hoping heathfire lakeview manor would be different 

ill check some mods to get rid of these squatters, worst case scenario ill leave them somewhere (few days of peace until they return)

ill check the mod you mentioned borbakuk

they have ruined my peace!

thanks for the answers 

edit - was observing the npc and it looks like "it" just mainly walks around outside, so thats good 

I feel your pain.

'Disable' the miscreant.

ok yes as others have stated the Housecarls live in the vanilla game's player homes.

if you own a house, there is a associated housecarl that will live there (for the 5 base houses and the 3 Hearthfires added houses).

they become "your" housecarl when you become thane of the hold.

from what i have seen the housecarls are disabled by default, but become enabled by either becoming "Thane of Hold" or purchasing a house.

the housecarls will wonder around during the day (outside and in walled cities they may wander the marketplaces etc), come inside for a while (and will

have dinner during this time), and sleep at night (usually about midnight to 6am). 

they will not touch anything in storage there, they do not actually use any of your supplies, and in the 3 Hearthfires addon houses they will actually try to

kill wandering enemies who get too close to your house. and as for them not using your stuff, or touching storage or killing enemies this is default behavior

and does not change unless you have a mod that does this.

if you do not want them living there, there is really only 2 options:

1 - use a mod (like "my home is your home" mentioned by BorbakUK) to move them elsewhere (and that mod works for almost any follower using the regular follow system)

2 - use console to disable them

either option will have to be done in each new game you play though.

28 minutes ago, dark vergil said:

you can disable them :open_mouth:

does it just make them go back to the jarls house and stand there as usual?

you could take them adventuring with you , and let them get killed, Lydia the love of my characters life was killed when my character went up against mirak. not sure if I spelt that right :cry:

On 3/5/2018 at 5:13 PM, dark vergil said:

long story short - is it normal for housecarl to move in to lakeview? im only the thane of falkreath at the moment, so if i become thane of e.g solitude, ill have another npc just decide to move in?  

If you own a property in any hold, once you become thane your housecarl will automatically move into your house. They are your body guard - it's their jobs to be around you 24/7.

You need to ctfo

6 hours ago, formanfred said:

you could take them adventuring with you , and let them get killed, Lydia the love of my characters life was killed when my character went up against mirak. not sure if I spelt that right :cry:

as annoying as they are, i dont like getting them killed :tongue: but its actually not too bad in lakeview anymore, ive noticed the housecarl is hardly ever there! peace and quiet for me

6 hours ago, RussianPrince said:

If you own a property in any hold, once you become thane your housecarl will automatically move into your house. They are your body guard - it's their jobs to be around you 24/7.

You need to ctfo

everyone has said it already, i know

how can i be ctfo when you sound like a housecarl in your post haha :confounded:

10 hours ago, dark vergil said:

you can disable them :open_mouth:

does it just make them go back to the jarls house and stand there as usual?

Yes. Open the console (~), click on the offender, type "disable" into the console. They don't respawn, or ever come back once disabled, but be warned: it is a bit tricky to restore a character you disabled once you no longer have them selected in the console, so make sure you absolutely want that housecarl gone for good.

Just fyi 

Heartfire Houscarls:

Gregor — A male Nord assigned at Heljarchen Hall in the Pale.
Rayya — A female Redguard assigned at Lakeview Manor in Falkreath Hold.
Valdimar — A male Nord assigned at Windstad Manor in Hjaalmarch.

You can also hire a personal carriage driver and bard in each location

:grin:

On 3/6/2018 at 6:13 AM, dark vergil said:

hello

i hate having housecarls in my house!!!!!!!!! (usually just use player home mods)

mini rant incoming: ive completed building lakeview manor for the first time, everything was normal as usual, then one day im about to leave and this stupid npc just comes in like everything is normal, walks upstairs and makes herself at home! thought ill make her follow me then leave her somewhere but no she wants to go back to lakeview :neutral:, even asked to be steward of lakeview.....hell no

You could have used USLEEP to fix that problem.

16 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

Yes. Open the console (~), click on the offender, type "disable" into the console. They don't respawn, or ever come back once disabled, but be warned: it is a bit tricky to restore a character you disabled once you no longer have them selected in the console, so make sure you absolutely want that housecarl gone for good.

ill take the warning in that case (for me) best to leave her as she is, surprisingly shes not that bad, mostly just stays outside of lakeview manor!! 

9 hours ago, sshar22 said:

Just fyi 

Heartfire Houscarls:

Gregor — A male Nord assigned at Heljarchen Hall in the Pale.
Rayya — A female Redguard assigned at Lakeview Manor in Falkreath Hold.
Valdimar — A male Nord assigned at Windstad Manor in Hjaalmarch.

You can also hire a personal carriage driver and bard in each location

:grin:

thanks this is useful to know

6 hours ago, Rayblue said:

You could have used USLEEP to fix that problem.

i have usleep

after seeing what she gets upto the npc is hardly ever in lakeview manor and if she is, shes mostly outside!!

thanks everyone for the suggestions and letting me know about heathfire housecarls/stewards because that was the first time i completed lakeview manor and i thought it was different to breezehome at the time

the lakeview manor housecarl is most of the time outside!! :smiley: 

i hardly ever see her! so just gonna let her do her own thing 

Archived