After upgrading SKSE to 2.017 and bringing up the associated upgraded DLL mods, I was happily playing with a new female character when nude male NPCs began sporting underwear. I have had this happen before, and I understand that the problem stems from not finding schlong meshes when a male drops his pants. In the past, I have corrected the problem with a variety of methods. Right now, re-installing SOS and making sure XPMSSE is at the end of the load order is not doing it. But what really has my head spinning is that starting a brand new character has the dongs restored. WTF? How can schlong access be dynamically removed from one instance, and not from another?

After a couple of sessions with the new character, I went back to the old character, and voila! The schlongs had returned! Obviously, some sort of status or field or something gets hosed in the Save game file. Somehow, running a new game instance fixed it. Anyone have an idea what it could be? 

On 1/25/2021 at 11:32 AM, Grey Cloud said:

I don't use SE or MO but I think the Form 43 thing is a false positive - it can be ignored (assuming you do have the correct version for SE).

Are you having problems in game?

I am having the same problem. Skyrim won't launch with it like this. I also tried to convert it with the Bethesda tool and nothing. Still no launch. Its the same with other SE mods. I get the 43 error.

1 hour ago, furyatx said:

I am having the same problem. Skyrim won't launch with it like this. I also tried to convert it with the Bethesda tool and nothing. Still no launch. Its the same with other SE mods. I get the 43 error.

The Form 43 error and the game not starting might not be related. I've seen at least two mod authors on LL say that the Form 43 thing does not matter one way or the other.

Hi! So I ran through and installed this version+dependencies, then nabbed Tempered Skins for Males with full SOS compatibility...and while the schlongs are working fine...the male bodies are a bit janky - nd sorry for the weird rez...I can't find where my screenshots go after being taken. But you can see it's some weird underwear thing, legs, forearms, etc. I've done a reinstall of JUST SOS with no body stuff and the underwear thing is still happening.

image.png.7469c280242b70433820b74382b25142.png

20210126224548_1.jpg

15 hours ago, Clangeddon said:

Hi! So I ran through and installed this version+dependencies, then nabbed Tempered Skins for Males with full SOS compatibility...and while the schlongs are working fine...the male bodies are a bit janky - nd sorry for the weird rez...I can't find where my screenshots go after being taken. But you can see it's some weird underwear thing, legs, forearms, etc. I've done a reinstall of JUST SOS with no body stuff and the underwear thing is still happening.

image.png.7469c280242b70433820b74382b25142.png

20210126224548_1.jpg

That is the vanilla Skyrim male body (note the underwear colored grey skin around the pelvis).  You didn't allow SOS to overwrite/provide the body meshes.  Reinstall SOS or check your overwrites to make sure that SOS (or another SOS-compatible male body replacer) supplies male body meshes.  Looks like feet are messed up as well.  SOS provides hands, body and feet meshes.

1 hour ago, Clangeddon said:

Thanks, 4nk8r...gonna try redoing the guy-side of things and see if it fixes up. Didn't think I had skinned anything SFW but stranger thing have happened.

It's more a lack of skinning.  Just let SOS install everything it has, both textures and meshes, and don't let anything overwrite any of it except the XPMSE skeletons.  The XPMSE werewolf skeleton is OK to allow MNC and some other creature mods to overwrite, if you use those.  Those exceptions should be documented in those mod's descriptions/instructions, otherwise let XPMSE win any file conflicts.

Question: Is this mod compatible with Forsworn Briarhearts? I will admit that I installed a whole bunch of mods without testing for compatibility issues, conflicts etc (This mod included), but it would make sense to me that this mod is making briarhearts torsos invisible when naked. This is the only male skin replacer I have installed as well. 

Anyone know how to fix the issue of certain clothing types/armor (like pants or lower body underwear) disappearing? Been told a few times this is some sort of SOS conflict, but I can't seem to figure out what's up. Setting specific armors to being revealing does not work either, as SOS only detects the tops.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:26 PM, furyatx said:

SSEedit claims both "Schlongs of Skyrim.esp" and "Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm" are in form version 44. Wrye Bash 308 nightly does not complain about either.

If something claims yours are old versions, you may want to update to the latest version, from Nov 2019 as of this writing.

Also, a clarification for the usage of the RaceMenu plugin (conversation here) that I did not understand until recently:

a) During character creation, you can't choose your schlong.

b) After character creation, via the MCM, you can choose your schlong.

c) Then via RaceMenu, can you customize the schlong.

On 2/1/2021 at 3:16 PM, Dr.p345 said:

Question: Is this mod compatible with Forsworn Briarhearts? I will admit that I installed a whole bunch of mods without testing for compatibility issues, conflicts etc (This mod included), but it would make sense to me that this mod is making briarhearts torsos invisible when naked. This is the only male skin replacer I have installed as well. 

Yes. This advice (from here) worked for me:

"set the cursor on a Briarheart (before stealing his heart) then setting the outfit to be revealing in the MCM."

My briarheart warriors have the correct texture (tempered skins for SOS), a hole in their chest (not a mesh explant), and a schlong. This said, after looting the heart, the schlong disappears, but at least the body mesh & textures remain correct.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:43 PM, StantonPfarri25 said:

I have a problem: I have downloaded the file with Vortex but their comes an advertisment that it is depending on the file Schlongs of Skyrim - core.esm which is not enabled. I don't know where to find this plugin. Can somebody help me?

That's very odd. The download on the first page of this thread, "Schlongs_of_Skyrim_SE - v1.1.4.rar" contains a FOMOD installer. Just tell Vortex to install that whole RAR archive; the whole shebang is the archive for the FOMOD installation. Vortex has the best FOMOD support of all the mod managers I've seen (try getting Mod Organizer to parse little endian files, ha!), and will guide you through it. On the very first step, without even asking, the FOMOD instructions tell Vortex to copy everything under "00 Common", which contains "Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm"

If you don't have those files, your FOMOD install was interrupted / aborted / corrupted, or something very wrong happened. Vortex is pretty good about catching those, which makes it even more odd. I would advise to tell Vortex to uninstall whatever it ended up having, and just reinstall from a fresh download of the RAR archive.

If you right-click "Schlongs of Skyrim" in your Vortex Mods pane, you'll see the option "Open In File Manager", which will open a File Explorer tab with whatever Vortex installed to its virtual file system. There you should see "Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm", plus the folders for interface, meshes, scripts, textures, other plugins, schlong add-ons...

On 2/1/2021 at 12:16 PM, Dr.p345 said:

Use this patch

16 hours ago, CyborgNinja said:

Anyone know how to fix the issue of certain clothing types/armor (like pants or lower body underwear) disappearing? Been told a few times this is some sort of SOS conflict, but I can't seem to figure out what's up. Setting specific armors to being revealing does not work either, as SOS only detects the tops.

Schlongs are slot 52.  SOS "adds" slot 52 to slot 32 (torso) items programmatically, which creates the conflict you're having.  The way to avoid it is to make the TOP revealing, not the bottoms.  After the top is flagged as revealing, schlongs and other slot 52 items (underwear, etc.) can be worn at the same time as whatever top was causing the bottoms to unequip.  This is done via the MCM or by making a patch file that adds the keyword SOS_Revealing to the top.

9 hours ago, procyonlotor said:

Anyone know about a bug which causes edits in Racemenu to NPC schlongs to revert/change to weird unwanted settings when fast-traveling or loading a save? I just want my changes to stick..

I've seen this bug reported a lot, even in this thread, but no solutions yet

I believe you're supposed to use the SOSRaceMenu.esp plugin to stop RaceMenu from effecting schlong scaling.  Make sure it is active in your load order.

29 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

I believe you're supposed to use the SOSRaceMenu.esp plugin to stop RaceMenu from effecting schlong scaling.  Make sure it is active in your load order.

I've got that running already it seems. The description says it stops the scaling on the player, though perhaps that means it doesn't apply to NPCs? I'm trying to figure out how to stop it on followers whose custom schlongs revert on load primarily.

2 hours ago, procyonlotor said:

I've got that running already it seems. The description says it stops the scaling on the player, though perhaps that means it doesn't apply to NPCs? I'm trying to figure out how to stop it on followers whose custom schlongs revert on load primarily.

Not sure about NPC.  Might not be related.

If you aren't already doing this, after making changes in the SOS MCM, export the settings.  At least it will be easy to import things after game load if the issue continues.

You can also try issuing a Restart of SOS in the MCM, escalating to the full Remove, uninstall, cleaning the save, then reinstall.

Before you go all nuclear on your load order, you might try a new game to test if it is something bugged in your current savegame or if it starts out that way.  Hopfully it isn't something that takes some time to reoccur and just keeps happening to you.

If it does turn out as something burned into your savegames, you may be able to work backwards thru them to figure out where it all went wrong.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:52 PM, Pralinezz said:

Hi, i encountered for the first time this strange issue, basically, when i go in the MCM to change some NPC's schlong, even meanwhile i am pointing at that NPC, the NPC modifier part in the player/NPC section of the MCM it is stuck on a mudcrab, and now nor pgup or pgdown works.

having same issue, stuck on lucien, does not occur on a qasmoke, only on main saved game

8 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

You can also try issuing a Restart of SOS in the MCM, escalating to the full Remove, uninstall, cleaning the save, then reinstall.

Before you go all nuclear on your load order, you might try a new game to test if it is something bugged in your current savegame or if it starts out that way.  Hopfully it isn't something that takes some time to reoccur and just keeps happening to you.

It unfortunately persists on new games, and restarting/reinstalling the related mods hasn't helped.

The best clues I have found so far in the archives are these:

* "The SOSRaceMenuPlugin turns off the normal scaling that SOS uses, in favor of letting the values be set in RaceMenu. This does not apply for NPCs."

* Every change I made to the NPC's SOS sliders went into effect, except for the base scaling.  This seemed to be overridden by SOS, leaving it at what SOS calls "1".

* (from an old thread about an internal SOS only problem in 2015) "After zoning, SOS will wait a maximum of 1 second for the 3D of actors to load before re-schlongifying them. If you have a lot of followers in high definition armor and textures or you have installed a lot of texture/mesh overhauls (or if you just have a very slow computer :) ) it might take more than 1 second for their 3D to load though, in which case the size of the schlong is not re-set by SOS. This causes your followers to end up with a size 1 (or 0?) schlong, even though their size is displayed correctly in the SOS MCM menu."