How: select SOS schlong through RaceMenu during character creation

So I've got Schlongs of Skyrim (SE), got RaceMenu working, the optional SOSRaceMenu plugin is present. Where is the option to select the schlong type supposed to be during character creation? I see the 6-bone super-list for the schlong, there's the erection slider, but I don't see an option for how to select a schlong type (e.g. smurf vs. muscular vs. any of Bad Dog's). The default character is wearing a thong. After I confirm a character, then a schlong gets equipped, the smurf one, and then 'showracemenu' works as expected, with pitch & roll & all the scales deforming the schlong's mesh. Since I have the SOSRaceMenu plugin, the Mod Configuration Menu does not have a functional schlong selector. So... how do I select my character's schlong?

Seems to me something must be broken in my setup, so how is the SOS system supposed to work through RaceMenu? Like, where do I even begin debugging what broke..?

Thats still in the MCM, the "SOSRaceMenu.esp" only disables the scaling/size inside MCM and enables the Sliders for fine control in RaceMenu.

At leasts thats how it should be, if you cannot change player or targeted NPC schlongs something is broken.

Edit: Is the CHANGE dropdown greyed out as well?

3 hours ago, mp_99 said:

So I've got Schlongs of Skyrim (SE), got RaceMenu working, the optional SOSRaceMenu plugin is present. Where is the option to select the schlong type supposed to be during character creation?

Akzyra said it pretty much, but I'm throwing my two cents in too.

Afaik, there isn't such a selection.

You control/customize which schlong type that a given NPC (or you the player) uses by using the SOS MCM to pick the type (and "size")

You then use the racemenu SOS sliders to customize that schlong's specific properties (girth, scrotum size, "bend", etc etc), just the same way you'd tweak any other body or facial feature. 

If you want a different type than is assigned by default, then I think you'll want to do that selection after character creation has been accomplished. You can then customize the instantiation by editing via the SOS racemenu settings for the player assigned schlong. 

So... presuming a vanilla male body, create character by the normal game means (to get the game going), ignoring schlong adjustments, then (once you're in a safe location) assign the type and generalize "size"  via SOS MCM, then adjust the schlong if you want, via racemenu.  If you've installed SAM or another bodyslide capable male body (or some female schlong like ERF high poly), you'll also probably need or want to use Bodyslide, in which case the process would be modified as follows (this is what I do anyway)

1. create vanilla character by normal in game means (LAL helper "Mara" or the stock scene prior to the dragon reaching Helgen) using racemenu
  2. take care of whatever business is necessary (get out of helgen, etc)
  3. close game and do whatever Bodyslide work you need (IFF SAM, female, etc... For instance, for females, I believe ERF high poly requires fitting to the female body, just like a strap-on does) 
  4. Open game, assign schlong via SOS MCM
  5. Open racemenu and customize schlong.

PS> I can still set the basic size (scale) in SOS, AND adjust the particulars for a player schlong in racemenu. I just can't assign a type from racemenu. 

Thank you both for the answers. After re-deploying (& purging & updating & upgrading & re-ordering & patching), the MCM/SOS/Change option is no longer grayed out; it had been previously. I do not what prevented it from being enabled, as I did not change SOS-core versions; perhaps the HDT-SMP v1.1 add-on caused some flag to evaluate correctly in this load order..? Maybe updating Bad Dog's to v9.1 helped something..? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyhow, now that the MCM option is available, I can go through CharGen, get to the game point where the schlong add-on scripts get detected, and then open up the MCM/SOS/Player-NPC/Change drop-down, without having to enable/disable plugins. The behavior described by Akzyra is what I'm seeing now.

I'll suggest adding a line to the SOS-SE documentation to clarify this as the expected usage for the (optional) SOS-RaceMenu plugin.

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Chiglit said:

To be honest I love this mod but if im gonna customize my cock i'd at least like to be able to see it.

and if there is a way too please tell me that would be great

1. Install the SOS patch from the XPMSSE installer. This installs the SOS racemenu plugin required to use the sliders.
  2. Create your character, as this is the first time you're in that menu your character is likely dressed and some sliders won't appear anyways (maybe? could depend on how you start the game and other mods). So finish the character creation for now.
  3. Once your game has started for real (ex. you can move around, open your inventory and so on) undress your character, open the console and enter showracemenu in there. At this point you should be able to see the SOS racemenu sliders, so customize your character's hanging bits to your heart content. When you're done finish the character creation as you did before and continue playing with your customized schlong.

That's it. If for some reason you start with a naked character and you can see the sos sliders in racemenu (the genitals tab) you could do this in the char creation directly. And remember Racemenu has additional camera controls during the char creation menu so you can go really close and personal while you tweak every nitty detail of your character's cock.