HDT Anus Physics Update PE/SMP

I see thanks, I am already using enb, so I just grab the d3dcompiler and tweak my enb settings. I hate messing with data sync however, fucking stutters.

My regular HDT profile was already very stable. Maybe I should stick with it until smp is solid gold. After all regular UUNP is already looking blocky anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

So, for further inquiries, I post this, until I'm done with my other project and make a video for it. Bodyslide Conversion Reference for Maximum CBBE (making armor conversions)

There is a way to make a conversion template, to make life super easy. This is how to do it.

Basically, once you've done that, all you have to do is transfer bone weights from Max to the Armor, then use the conversion reference for all of your armors.

To transfer the bone weights, for it to recognize the added physics and the slight variations in joint bending, you copy weights by right clicking the armor model in Outfit Studio and then click "Copy all bone weights" (or select specific bones under the bones tab, and click "Copy selected bone weights"). For bikini armors you can leave it at the default sliders and hit okay.

If you want to be SUPER pro, and make the armor clean and impossible to clip. You can remove the nipples by using the mask tool on the nipples, then press "ALT+I " (or CTRLI, I can't remember), and then right click on the Maximum Body (from the list to the right), and select delete vertices. (make sure you save first). You shouldn't have to delete too many vertices with bikini armors, but the more body verts you delete, which won't be visible under the armor, the smoother the armor is going to run. No clipping, less polys to render (easier on GPU). Also, for OCD people, it's best to delete them in a the same row, and leave as little as possible jagged edges.

Finally, you'll have an issue where the body will look like T-1000 after he got hit with a M-79, in Nifskope. This is because the skeleton doesn't have the added bones for Max. There is no patented way on how to fix this (if someone figures out a surefire way, best let others know), here are some things I notice helped me while I worked on models:

- Sometimes it helps to take the Max CBBE .nif file, open it in nif skope, delete the body, then save it as the new skeleton Body Slide reference. Sometimes it still breaks.

- Do everything you need to do in one session with the armor. I've noticed Bodyslide will most likely break it beyond repair upon reloading the project.

- Once done, copy the skeleton tree from Max CBBE .nif file (CTRL+C), then past it over into your new armor, after deleting the original bones, of course.

That's it, it should work like any other body armor.

If none of that works, you could try using a regular pre-existing CBBE HDT body. I do this when making under power armor for Fallout 4. It may not be a perfect representation, but it's the next best thing.

Update on new body: Working on hands, but I got side tracked modding Fallout 4, dinking around for now. My current hurdle is to to get the programs Knox and Quixel/Mudbox with no money. So, that may be a bit :tongue: (Honestly, I wish they had a no profit version)

Does Maximum CBBE work with Naturalistic HDT? The SKSE folder for Maximum CBBE has two .xmls in it, but when active in my MO they do not seem to allow collision with a minor test. It's great work either way, an improvement on an otherwise outdated body type.

On 5/1/2018 at 6:57 PM, 27X said:

PE is dead; indeed you should thank static for his work in extending its life, but it offers nothing over SMP except hair collision, which btw will tank the fuck out of your framerate harder than SMP ever thought about.

Can someone give me a general summary of what SMP is, and it's benefits over PE? Until today I didn't know SMP was a thing, and hearing "PE is dead" has peaked my interest.

I've been reading some threads on SMP, but I haven't yet found anything extensive in regards to the current status of SMP for the current year. Is SMP developed enough for the everyday user, or is it still in an alpha state?

I realize that everything I need to know can be found somewhere on here if I look around enough, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask and hopefully get a knowledgeable/up-to-date answer.?

SMP is in "finished alpha". The benefits over PE is it's not havok and won't randomly fuck your shit anymore, even if you write or dl bad xmls.

It's also much more efficient and realistic, and doesn't need direct collisions along specific axis and with specific collision hulls to work and correctly register directional momentum, both self generated and external force.

SMP is also open source and so can be refined and advanced without paying anyone royalties or having corporation shove their lawyers up your ass. SMP also supports everything PE does except hair collisions.

On 5/23/2018 at 11:35 PM, Surprisekitty said:

Can someone give me a general summary of what SMP is, and it's benefits over PE? Until today I didn't know SMP was a thing, and hearing "PE is dead" has peaked my interest.

I've been reading some threads on SMP, but I haven't yet found anything extensive in regards to the current status of SMP for the current year. Is SMP developed enough for the everyday user, or is it still in an alpha state?

I realize that everything I need to know can be found somewhere on here if I look around enough, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask and hopefully get a knowledgeable/up-to-date answer.?

Well you ain't pulling something like this off https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91353?tab=description with PE.

So, after a bit of contemplation, I've decided that their is nothing I'm going to salvage from Maximum CBBE for any of my new projects. For those of you who are still interested, here's all the work files for CBBE: CBBE Maximum Backup.7z

For Maximum CBBE to be completed, you'll need to do three things. Reweigh the oppai physics, less centralized (instead of looking like a floating saucer plate, and more like a floating saucer nipple that translates evenly into the rest), Patch job for the textures using a stencil software like Mudbrush, and finally fixing the normal map with crazy bump.

Feel free to use the physics setup on UNP or any other body. I was hesitant about giving it out, because I thought I might use it for newer projects and didn't want to deal with conflict issues, but since I've decided to go complete SMP and become some-what of a fan for Open CL, figured anyone who still wants to do a UNP PE convert can use this setup.

Update: Long time still to go. I've been experimenting with topology. Honestly I think I'm sticking with nurms, if only to prove a point, but it really looks much better in the final render, stretching quads looks like shit, imho. The only thing is, quads are easier to work with in bodyslide, but only slightly, which is the issue I'm having either way. TBH, I think I need to do all morphs in blender, then triangulate it in blender before export, forgetting bodyslide all together, otherwise it's just going to be impossible to not mess up the lighting maps.

femalebody_1_msn.7z

Quick fix for those who have messed up shadows on their breasts with the stock Fair Skin texture pack for Maximum CBBE body. Drop in textures/actors/character/character assets/female (or something like that) (No guarantees, but it worked on my end :P)

While working with model texturing, particularly UV testing, I discovered the proper way to make a normal map for a body in Skyrim using Blender (man I love this program). So figured I'd post it. Let me know in a pm or post if you see another shadow out of place (I might be able to fix it now).

Update: I'm still working, it's turning out to be a lot more in depth than I thought. I'm trying to set the bar higher than what it is, but CBBE and UUNP are better than Bethesda's vanilla, and Bethesda is considered professional~... Anyway, it's a bit of a learning curve but getting closer as I peace together information. Also, it's A LOT of testing and failing. However, I'm becoming more impressed with Blender, I might even forgo Z-Brush with Blender's Eevee release, at least for most of it. Currently working on stenciling and coloring textures.

1 hour ago, StaticPhobia2 said:

femalebody_1_msn.7z

Quick fix for those who have messed up shadows on their breasts with the stock Fair Skin texture pack for Maximum CBBE body. Drop in textures/actors/character/character assets/female (or something like that) (No guarantees, but it worked on my end :P)

While working with model texturing, particularly UV testing, I discovered the proper way to make a normal map for a body in Skyrim using Blender (man I love this program). So figured I'd post it. Let me know in a pm or post if you see another shadow out of place (I might be able to fix it now).

Update: I'm still working, it's turning out to be a lot more in depth than I thought. I'm trying to set the bar higher than what it is, but CBBE and UUNP are better than Bethesda's vanilla, and Bethesda is considered professional~... Anyway, it's a bit of a learning curve but getting closer as I peace together information. Also, it's A LOT of testing and failing. However, I'm becoming more impressed with Blender, I might even forgo Z-Brush with Blender's Eevee release, at least for most of it. Currently working on stenciling and coloring textures.

A little OT (or rather completely) but I tried making world space normal maps with Blender and they would always come out weird. How do you get them looking right?

6 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

A little OT (or rather completely) but I tried making world space normal maps with Blender and they would always come out weird. How do you get them looking right?

For blender, reverse the y and z, keeping them both at positive. Use cycles renderer. Don't use the texture normal procedure. Use the project ray procedure (low poly to high poly mesh). For the high poly mesh, use nurms or a really nice smooth modifier. Technically, I did this in reverse, I went from low to high poly. In actuality, one should be retopologizing high poly to low poly, which would probably look better. *cough* Maximum CBBE is actually a pretty crap model, I really should have started from scratch if I had a clue about what I was doing. One thing to add, if your texture is really on point, make sure you set the bleed on texture paint to a high setting, the UV padding area should transfer over to the normal map without having to use a 3rd party program for creating padding. I haven't figured out a way to do a normal map padding with blender yet, other than the really odd one that blender ships with.

5 hours ago, Nevershouldhavecomehere said:

By the way, are normal UUNP textures going to fit with this, or will they have to be edited?

Nah, although, for shits-giggles-and-more I decided to do a quick port of the fallout 4 body to skyrim, using a quick skin wrap, and it looked and performed half way decent, to my surprise. Doing a UUNP version should be hard. I don't, at this point in time, see a way to easily make UNP textures work. That would require aligning the uv maps from CBBE to UNP. I suppose, theoretically, you could paint on the UV texture editor the key UNP positions of where the CBBE points should be, if someone wanted to take the time to do that. Maybe there is a program that allows snaping for multiple UV maps, though I wouldn't know of one.

Update: So I was thinking of the issue with Beast Race textures. If I can get permission from texture authors like MonsterRaider, it shouldn't be too hard to stencil them on. We'll see though, still contemplating.

3 hours ago, StaticPhobia2 said:

For blender, reverse the y and z, keeping them both at positive. Use cycles renderer. Don't use the texture normal procedure. Use the project ray procedure (low poly to high poly mesh). For the high poly mesh, use nurms or a really nice smooth modifier. Technically, I did this in reverse, I went from low to high poly. In actuality, one should be retopologizing high poly to low poly, which would probably look better. *cough* Maximum CBBE is actually a pretty crap model, I really should have started from scratch if I had a clue about what I was doing. One thing to add, if your texture is really on point, make sure you set the bleed on texture paint to a high setting, the UV padding area should transfer over to the normal map without having to use a 3rd party program for creating padding. I haven't figured out a way to do a normal map padding with blender yet, other than the really odd one that blender ships with.

Thank you, that was really helpful.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:23 PM, trial7777777 said:

I wonder will it see the light until Fallout 76 claims us all x)

Fallout 76 does look like Bethesda cares about their graphics again. E3 dropped some bombs this year, no pun intended, including ES 6 teaser. Maybe Valenwood? Someone who cares more about the lore will probably do an analysis for it. But yea, we'll be pretty busy this year with games.

I'm still working on my project though. It's not going to take much to port it to one game or the other, maybe a new rig.  I can always retopologize when I'm done. I'm also planning to make this a sort of open source freeware type thing. In other words, when I get the quality I'm shooting for, I'd like other modders to be able to easily port the model to other games. Which of course means I'm going with quads. I decided to go with quads because I found a model with amazing topology using quads that I'm going to try and imitate. But yea, I'm loving sculpting and creating concept art, this is really good practice for me, either way.

Update: I'm going to have a video sooner or later, working on concept art now. I know, unnecessary, but 90% of the reason I'm doing this is to get down the female anatomy, then maybe I'll start on the male anatomy.

Tech talk: Currently I'm trying to create a nurbs model using patches and lofting. I'm in the process of figuring out how to do it properly so that the patches line up. Mainly because "All Hail Vector Models, the Master Race", but also because I like how fluid the quads look afterwards. No matter what method I use for ReTop, either snap or bsurfaces, it doesn't look professional by the end, it looks unintentionally stylized. But if I use nurbs curves with a little bit of tweaking afterwards, it looks like a machine generated model off of a scan from a body. The only problem is, nurbs modeling doesn't have a whole lot of tutorials for blender and I think it's limited because engineers aren't going to use blender for nurbs, their going to used fusion 360 or whatever software the use. Also, not sure if I can create a high poly model for generating a quality world object normal map, using nurbs modeling. I guess it's just something I'm experimenting with. It's a bit frustrating, people don't release a whole lot of tutorials on female anatomy and topology, there's like 3 good videos on all the internet :P. There's like 1000 videos on male anatomy though ? But yea, the model I chose to imitate is a cross between a yoko model I found on cgtrader (for the stomach muscle structure and skeleton postioning) and a mercy off of sketchfab. I should have something to show by my next post, so that anyone with an eye for art can throw in some input.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 12:16 AM, 27X said:

Yes, but you need to merge the additional code for the new bones, both fore and aft.

I've been listening to HL2 OST so I read fore and aft.. and said to myself.. Shadows Fore and Aft.. Fore and Aft1!! Aaahha what!?
Ok, got ya!

On 6/11/2018 at 9:03 PM, 27X said:

Don't worry I'll yell and use mean hurtful words and stuff.

I expect nothing less !

10 hours ago, Devorax said:

Hey Static so you have a tumblr for your project or something I can follow, or do you only post here?

Thinking about it, I'll post here if I do. Too busy learning 3d modeling techniques to set it up now.

Update: Sorry, nothing to show yet. Getting a few pms, just wanted to let you all know, I'm defenitely still working. It's a lot of knowledge to cram in such a short amount of time, but it's coming along.

I wanted to have two bodies ready by next post, they are still in the work. One is a 7:1 head ratio, more realistic style something to something like this: https://sketchfab.com/models/2a4ec935a6604b348c051d6bc8021496

- one of my main reference

The other is a stylized 6:1 head ratio body, something more cartoony, but not full anime.

I think the deciding factor for me is which will look least f'd up in the animation loops.

Also, as I'm learning face rigging, I'll prob be redoing the head at some point as well.

I'd also like to add some tongue morphs, as a kind member of this forum showed me a good site that does some great tongue rigging that I'd like to incorporate at some point as well.

As always though, I'm biting more than I can feasibly fit into my body. Still working hard tho~