SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

18 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Where is it?

Haven't uploaded it yet, I've got to piece it together still. it's not a simple run it through CAO, since we've got all those HDT meshes, and all the bodyslide conversions.

When I do finish, it will be in the beta section on the DD troubleshooting post, and in the DD dev thread. I'll link the dev thread when i'm done. The version starting support for AE will be DD 5.2 Beta 3.

11 minutes ago, perkle said:

Faster HDT-SMP has been working fine for me on 323 and 342, when run with the racemenu previews.

It was crashing for me with smp hairs. just found an updated DLL for Faster HDT SMP on the forum thread, gonna try that tomorrow.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57339/?tab=forum&topic_id=10699058

The actual download was: https://anonfiles.com/rcK6v6D6vc/Faster_HDT-SMP_AE_Test_Build_7z

• tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Dec 10 #6773) - SE 1.6.342, ✔SexLab ✔JC ⌛DD ✔Faster HDT
On 12/20/2021 at 12:07 AM, zarantha said:

Did you update jcontainers? This is AE, not SE, despite what it says. you need for skse ver 2.0.17 or 2.0.20.

image.png.cfc2ca14ab17df9938d55ac258ad2a20.png

Yeah i got it to work. i installed JContainers version 4.1.13 and that version your showing me didn't work. this version has worked without any issues also i am using Creature Framework 1.1.0-pre2A-SE.7z 

Edited by TheeFranklinator
15 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Your argument is technically accurate, but contextually pointless.  You should treat all versions of SkyrimSE.exe higher than 1.5.97 as AE for the sake of conversational accuracy so we can have a common frame of reference in dialog.  Anything else is just going to create unnecessary confusion when talking about compatibility between all the various components (SKSE, DLLs, etc.).

Until someone makes a mod that requires the Anniversary Upgrade and says the requirements are the Anniversary Update...

45 minutes ago, danoid22 said:

Until someone makes a mod that requires the Anniversary Upgrade and says the requirements are the Anniversary Update...

Unnecessarily pedantic.  Dependencies are dependencies.  Only time it really matters is when we're talking about DLL-based mods and things that extend the game binary (SKSE64, other preloaders, NetScriptFramework mods, etc.).  You don't even need AE binaries (1.6.x version of SkyrimSE.exe) to use non-DLL AE content.  I have a hybrid install like this.  I'm still playing SE when it comes to all the DLL goodies.  Best of both worlds, but I do look forward to when I can use the 1.6.x EXE without grief.  I want to try out that improved script performance, but nothing worth destroying my stable SE-binary/AE-content build to do it.

17 hours ago, zarantha said:

It was crashing for me with smp hairs. just found an updated DLL for Faster HDT SMP on the forum thread, gonna try that tomorrow.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57339/?tab=forum&topic_id=10699058

The actual download was: https://anonfiles.com/rcK6v6D6vc/Faster_HDT-SMP_AE_Test_Build_7z

The 3ba body works fine with that version of SMP,

But smp hairs seem to cause CTD when you reload the save or re-enter racemenu after applying it,

So i wouldnt call it 'fixed" yet.

• tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Dec 10 #6773) - ✔SexLab ✔JC ✔DD beta ✔Faster HDT ❌.NET SF
On 12/20/2021 at 12:51 PM, tasairis said:
  • Skyrim Special Edition is the game - still
  • The "Anniversary Update" is what everyone got to put their game on version 1.6.318-- no, sorry, 1.6.323-- no, sorry, 1.6.342
  • The "Anniversary Upgrade" is a paid DLC
  • "Skyrim Anniversary Edition" is a Steam bundle of Skyrim SE + Anniversary Upgrade

The marketing department did a great job. Confusing people.

Skyrim Special Edition Anniversary Edition. rofl.

I think i would go by the version numbering as it is saver.

10 minutes ago, AttilaMagyar said:

Has anyone else noticed that the sexlab animations seem to delay when starting a sexlab animation almost like a stalling of sorts? amd that's with the latest version of sexlab framework. :( 

There has always been a slight lag in starting animations. What are you specifically referring to?

4 hours ago, dovahnurse said:

There has always been a slight lag in starting animations. What are you specifically referring to?

Some mods experience lag of several minutes or more, like BattleFuck.  Some mod authors suspect it is a timing variable in SL being too short, so systems under load and experiencing subpar FPS can stall during animation setup...if I've been keeping up with the conversation correctly.  BattleFuck gets around it with ConsoleUtilSSE and a function to open and close the console over and over quickly, which creates brief pauses in the game and allows SL to catch up and get over the stalls.  I've seen it in action in my game using BattleFuck and not enabling that feature.  Actors just stand around.

I've spent the last couple weeks trying to figure out why I had an infinite loading screen before the main menu. Finally removed everything today and found out it was the flashing screen fix was somehow screwed up. Reinstalled it and now everything works. So frustrating. I'll never understand how things get messed up in the Skyrim folder.

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

Normally I'd expect a new SE update tomorrow morning, but since it's the holidays the update might be delayed another week - possibly two.

Well, this time Todd won't break my game. My steam is offline and I intend to keep it that way until all the mods I use are updated for the new release. Except for DAR (and all the mods that depend on it), I finally got my game working with everything I normally use, since last Beth game breaker.

Thanks for the heads up.

Kinda forgot to do normal list stuff too. This update accounts for all LE mods with >=100k downloads, and those marked as SE-compatible with >=25k downloads.

• tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Dec 26🎄 #6901) - ✔SexLab ✔JC ✔DD beta ✔Faster HDT ❌.NET SF
9 hours ago, tasairis said:

Kinda forgot to do normal list stuff too. This update accounts for all LE mods with >=100k downloads, and those marked as SE-compatible with >=25k downloads.

Thanks Tasairis, really appreciate your effort with this. Finally made the plunge to SE and your list really save me a lot of headaches.

Also want to point out that I found someone uploaded a SE conversion for the Reward Your Followers mod a while back.