SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

I have added a converted version for SE of SMUTBooks originally created by Buddy Christ. Sadly he has not been here for many years so with care and permission given and help its now working fine for Skyrim SE. I have tested this out extensively in my own playthough and i have 253 mods running and no issues errors or problems found.

:)

2 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

Care to discuss?

No... not really... We have pizza and esotherical stuff here, I just thought homeopathy on top of it might be a slight case of overbombing.

And still we don't have enough cheese.... and no anims mudcrabs.

(PS: I love it... to bad, that you now have the copy rights on it so can't use it....)

1 minute ago, Pfiffy said:

No... not really... We have pizza and esotherical stuff here, I just thought homeopathy on top of it might be a slight case of overbombing.

And still we don't have enough cheese.... and no anims mudcrabs.

(PS: I love it... to bad, that you now have the copy rights on it so can't use it....)

I grant you license to use it.  Join the Form-43-in-SE cult.  ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

On 2/21/2020 at 2:26 PM, hway said:

Try it out yourself. This is what I would do: In xedit, you can change the type from battleaxe/greatsword to regular sword/axe. Look at forms for a few regular swords and axes, and edit those things in the 2handed wep mods so the game treats them as 1 handed.

Then load up the game and test if they look alright. See if animations match up and weapon don't look stupid when stowed at the hip. The stowed part can be fixed easily (in xp32) but animations not lining up would require way more searching, reading, and experimenting.   

On 2/22/2020 at 5:38 AM, Dajovve said:

Thank you for your explanation. Had to read it a few times to be able to understand it though.

That's because my explanation was more of a flow of thought, which isn't very orderly in my case, and the poor grammar and sentence structure didn't help.  Here's a better explanation by Arthmoor, but it a needs a slight correction (and he wasn't wrong at the time, this has simply changed since that article).  The range of ID's an ESL-capable plugin can contain is twice as large as it used to be.  They now can use FEXX000 - FEXXFFF instead of only FEXX800-FEXXFFF.

On 2/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, ssskn said:

Try it out yourself. This is what I would do: In xedit, you can change the type from battleaxe/greatsword to regular sword/axe. Look at forms for a few regular swords and axes, and edit those things in the 2handed wep mods so the game treats them as 1 handed.

Then load up the game and test if they look alright. See if animations match up and weapon don't look stupid when stowed at the hip. The stowed part can be fixed easily (in xp32) but animations not lining up would require way more searching, reading, and experimenting.   

I did but i did not get it , thats why im looking for someone who can do it

On 2/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, ssskn said:

I tried it , its not coming

9 hours ago, erri120 said:

Blush When Aroused SE:

seems to be down/hidden.

It only has textures and scripts.  Probably largely SE compatible already unless the scripts have hard checks for LE named/versions of plugins.  Textures seem to check out as SE compatible.

On 2/27/2020 at 12:26 PM, 4nk8r said:

It only has textures and scripts.  Probably largely SE compatible already unless the scripts have hard checks for LE named/versions of plugins.  Textures seem to check out as SE compatible.

Seems to require some script fixes.  The last few pages of the LE thread is nothing but people talking about how to convert it.

The script fixes for Blush When Aroused are in this very thread on page 13, post #321.

Is there any chance any of you legends here could "convert" Slaverun? 

I don't know if its possible since it already has been converted but Slaverun does not run currently because it gives any user with the most updated Devious Devices build (which is 4.3 right now), that either Devious devices 4.0 or 4.1 is needed.

Technically all that should have to be changed is the check in the file which asks for 4.0 or 4.1, correct? But since there's a newer version out already it should still be able to run. At least to my knowledge.

How difficult is it to convert a mod with CAO for a noob? I’d like to try, since there are quite a few which don’t work with SE. it’s probably not as simple as putting the file into the CAO and letting it of all the work is it? Like say the slave run one up above; wouldn’t you just go into the code(InI file?) and put if it checks for 4.3 instead of 4.1? 

24 minutes ago, Kage777 said:

How difficult is it to convert a mod with CAO for a noob? I’d like to try, since there are quite a few which don’t work with SE. it’s probably not as simple as putting the file into the CAO and letting it of all the work is it? Like say the slave run one up above; wouldn’t you just go into the code(InI file?) and put if it checks for 4.3 instead of 4.1? 

Converting is learning by doing. Doing the support is the highway to hell...

34 minutes ago, Kage777 said:

CAO won't fix the scripts.  You're on your own for that.

I find CAO a bit questionable on directory traversal related to Bodyslide files...it doesn't seem to find them unless you drill down into the CalienteTools\Bodyslide folder or raise the optimization settings above "Necessary", but overall is very useful tool.  You can probably trust it to do a total conversion on most things, but it isn't perfect.

I personally don't trust converted CAO's facegen output.  I still often encounter dark face bugs.  I recommend you use the Creation Kit to re-export any facegen that might be in the mod vs. trying to convert them to avoid the issue.  Works well otherwise.  NIF Optimizer might do a better job on facegen, but I've not extensively tested it vs CAO for facegen.  Seems reliable for most everything else, with some rare exceptions.

I've taken to using NIF Optimizer on meshes and saving CAO for when I need to convert animations, rebuild BSA's and resize images (4x4 ratio).  Due to the mesh-in-BSA issue, and my not wholly trusting CAO's mesh correction, I usually use CAO to unpack the BSA into loose files, then convert the meshes with NIF Optimizer, then use CAO again to rebuild the BSA (or just leave loose).  NIF Optimizer is also good for just checking if the loose images actually need any attention.  Often they can be left untouched.

57 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

CAO won't fix the scripts.  You're on your own for that.

I find CAO a bit questionable on directory traversal related to Bodyslide files...it doesn't seem to find them unless you drill down into the CalienteTools\Bodyslide folder or raise the optimization settings above "Necessary", but overall is very useful tool.  You can probably trust it to do a total conversion on most things, but it isn't perfect.

I personally don't trust converted CAO's facegen output.  I still often encounter dark face bugs.  I recommend you use the Creation Kit to re-export any facegen that might be in the mod vs. trying to convert them to avoid the issue.  Works well otherwise.  NIF Optimizer might do a better job on facegen, but I've not extensively tested it vs CAO for facegen.  Seems reliable for most everything else, with some rare exceptions.

I've taken to using NIF Optimizer on meshes and saving CAO for when I need to convert animations, rebuild BSA's and resize images (4x4 ratio).  Due to the mesh-in-BSA issue, and my not wholly trusting CAO's mesh correction, I usually use CAO to unpack the BSA into loose files, then convert the meshes with NIF Optimizer, then use CAO again to rebuild the BSA (or just leave loose).  NIF Optimizer is also good for just checking if the loose images actually need any attention.  Often they can be left untouched.

Just my experience, but I use Nif Optimizer for facegeom and CAO for everything else. Have had issues when using CAO for everything and was able to narrow it down to CAO not reliably handling facegeom. Amazing tool regardless.

55 minutes ago, Kage777 said:

Ok thanks. I’m gonna have to buckle down and try to understand this when I get home and have access to my computer w stuff.

The big thing to watch out for in scripts are the dependency checks. These often difer in SSE, for example racemenu (nioverride vs skee). Some mods check for specific versions of plugins too.

1 hour ago, Yinkle said:

The big thing to watch out for in scripts are the dependency checks. These often difer in SSE, for example racemenu (nioverride vs skee). Some mods check for specific versions of plugins too.

also some authors renamed their damn plugin files for some reason...I guess so they could do parallel development in the same directory or something.  LIke SkyUI.  It is skyui.esp in LE, and skyui_se.esp in SE.

On 2/27/2020 at 12:59 PM, hway said:

I tried it , its not coming

Ah gotcha. It may require messing with Nifs but sadly I'm not very experienced doing that. Maybe someone with the know-how in that area could chime in.

In the future if I mess with weapons I'll let you know.

Edit:

did a quick search and found this: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/600056-using-two-handed-sword-as-one-handed/

check post #8. and yup requires messing with nifs.

also found a mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58973/?tab=files

there's a version for SE in the downloads section. but several issues check comments.

anyways good luck. hope you get it with the first nif method. report back when you do.

Seems the current version of CAO has issues with image resizing.  They are recommending using Octagon Textures Batch Tool for resizing, instead, until v6 comes out with the fix.

I'd personally run into an issue when having resizing enabled but texture processing disabled, it would hang indefinitely, but that was the only issue I'd noticed.  My expectation was that having image processing unchecked meant that nothing was going to happen with resizing.  I thought I'd reported it, but I guess I didn't hit submit...I couldn't find any history of me submitting it...so consider this the 1st report ?