SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

4 minutes ago, KCOLL said:

MO2 dosent like unconverted mods and gives warning

Due to an annoying plugin that thankfully can now be disabled without having to delete it. If it doesn't work in form 43 then it won't work in form 44 either unless you change something/things other than the form version.

19 minutes ago, KCOLL said:

i have had mods that don,t work in form 43 before but when converted have worked. now i always convert. besides MO2 dosent like unconverted mods and gives warning. If you feel that conversion is unnecessary then go for it.

SE can read a plugin with form 43 just fine, if you can't get a mod to work the issue is likely elsewhere. It's more important to check if the textures are in the proper format, to convert meshes or animations and if you know how to, check for scripts as usually there are checks in there (for example a check to see if you have the required version of X mod, which would likely fail as LE and SE versions or even names won't match). 

And as Yinkle says, that warning can be disabled (Settings -> Plugins and in the list pick "Form 43 Plugin Checker", change the "true" to "false" and done).

If you insist in using everything in form 44 do it yourself and check and double check that the mod work as intended after you save it in the CK.

maybe you guys are correct i'm just not experienced enough to know for sure so i convert . did have problems with sbc when it came out but i did more than form 43 also nif' and textures. it takes just a minute to convert and then i know for sure and MO2 is happy. 

15 minutes ago, KCOLL said:

i have had mods that don,t work in form 43 before but when converted have worked. now i always convert. besides MO2 dosent like unconverted mods and gives warning. If you feel that conversion is unnecessary then go for it.

I've yet to encounter a mod that required conversion to 44 to work correctly, but I'm seeking that information to verify the truth of this situation.  Please share which plugins you encountered with that issue so we can investigate further.  I have over 100 form 43 plugins in use without issue.  So far no one has produced anything more than anecdotal responses.  It would be a serious game engine bug if it is incapable of correctly interpreting its own versioning system.

11 minutes ago, KCOLL said:

maybe you guys are correct i'm just not experienced enough to know for sure so i convert . did have problems with sbc when it came out but i did more than form 43 also nif' and textures. it takes just a minute to convert and then i know for sure and MO2 is happy. 

Some mods require script edits due to diferent dependencies in SE but for the most part it's just nif conversion and texture checks. You rarely need to touch the esp file at all unless you want to make your own changes but better practise on that front would be a patch.

As 4nk8r says: Form 44 conversion is the Skyrim SE equivalent of homeopathy (placebo)

well you guys have the knowledge so i will try it with  your settings applied. Now someone tell me if sex factions can be made to work and how to make it work! because it would not even convert to form 44!!     And i just turned off form checker as per your advice. Looks like i just knocked over a beehive and i'm running hard. lol

1 minute ago, KCOLL said:

well you guys have the knowledge so i will try it with  your settings applied. Now someone tell me if sex factions can be made to work and how to make it work! because it would not even convert to form 44!! 

I looked at SexFactions briefly.  It has 1 facegen file you'll want to convert with NIF Optimizer, or re-export via Creation Kit (just export the facegen, don't save the plugin file).  Textures seem OK as-is.  I've not used the mod, however, so I don't know if it needs script edits to deal with version differences.

7 minutes ago, KCOLL said:

well you guys have the knowledge so i will try it with  your settings applied. Now someone tell me if sex factions can be made to work and how to make it work! because it would not even convert to form 44!! 

I had a quick look at v3 and it should work fine as is unless there are LE specific dependencies in the scripts (I didn't look that far).

Edit: it has 1 facegen file which should work fine as is but you could use nif optimizer on it (remembering to tick "head parts")

16 hours ago, NoppaiKohai said:

Seconding this, someone please! I tried getting it to work on SSE before and failed =/

What's not working? Seems simple enough, doesn't look like the scripts need fixing for se. I ran the meshes through cathedral assets optimizer and enabled the mod, MCM came up just fine. I left it form 43. I'm using DCL SE 8.4Rev4. I  can't really test as I don't have a dom right now.

26 minutes ago, DrHuge said:

Anyone know why heads on NPC's are slightly bigger...aka doesn't look right.

Unless you give more details (mod list, load order) there is no way anyone can help you. What I'd advise is trying to find the issue yourself first and then asking for help instead of just posting here.

21 hours ago, DrHuge said:

Try waiting? From the 1st page:

2/25/2020

This mod is now Open Source!
I am still working on this mod. However very slowly. I want to see where the community takes it.  Cough...add males...boots...
I am making the jump to SSE as well and will be posting a conversion soon! SSE is SO much better! 
  <-------------------

If you don't want to wait, looks like mostly meshes and textures. I'd run it through cathedral (use only necessary optimizations for mesh, texture, and animations) and leave the esm alone, then try it.  If there's a problem with the faces, use the process headparts option. Script looks ok, nothing to do with that.

4 hours ago, AnInsaneMoose said:

They wont show up in Rape Tattoo's MCM

When i use the debug mode of Rape Tattoos to try and make it apply them, it says there are no valid tattoos

I can apply them with slavetats though, so i know they installed properly

You need SlaveTats SE 1.3.0 the newer versions dont work with it.