Frankfranky

I solved most of the problems in the first 2 pairs. These may have all new bits, but stuff which took ages to work out, like where to put the heel ... omg can we get a skeleton that follows the laws of human anatomy .... sigh ... my head is full of all this info about lasts and geodisic curve ratios and stuff, and most of it is useless. Do you know how difficult it is to work out where to put the stiletto so that it doesn't look weird? I still haven't gotten it completely right.

19 hours ago, Frankfranky said:

I solved most of the problems in the first 2 pairs. These may have all new bits, but stuff which took ages to work out, like where to put the heel ... omg can we get a skeleton that follows the laws of human anatomy .... sigh ... my head is full of all this info about lasts and geodisic curve ratios and stuff, and most of it is useless. Do you know how difficult it is to work out where to put the stiletto so that it doesn't look weird? I still haven't gotten it completely right.

I have read, don't know where, that making High Heels is one of the Hardest Models too make, with my own dealings with working with them I can believe it. Why i really admire you for doing these Models. Keep up the excellent work!.

That moment when you realise how much better 4k textures and 80mb normal maps are, than 2k textures and 5mb normal maps ....  ..... can I deal with the tears I wonder? I have a 1080. I will be fine ...  ..... lol .... mb I will make a version for people who are trying to play on their trusty Commodore 64.

1 hour ago, faky said:

....myrtles??

I thought I should start giving my shoes names. All the fancy shoe designers give their shoes names. The real version of these shoes were made by Guiseppe Zanotti and are called Mortisia. (buy them for your wife/girlfriend here https://www.giuseppezanotti.com ) I asked Trampalas (who supplied the idea and images) for a name and got Myrtles. So Myrtles they are.

6 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

Zanotti"

Oh, so that's what the arch text says.

Actually it says Myrtles and underneath it says Frank's of Solitude, cause one day there will be a shoe store in solitude. It is kinda hard to read with an itty bitty normal map.  It was much clearer with 4k textures and an uncompressed normal. You guys want the good textures, just say so. Be warned they are around 80mb each, instead of 2-5mb. Kinda overkill for a pair of shoes.  I stuffed up with the ankle boots. I laid the UV maps for the soles on top of eachother, not realising that one was going to be reversed (cause I made the other boot with symmetry) and so I had to use the elder scrolls symbol instead of text. This time I gave them separate UV space. The text was still reversed, but I  just flipped it in  in photoshop.

1 hour ago, SmedleyDButler said:

You're a popular fellow on Nexus at the moment, by the way!

everyone likes new things. I keep hoping I will wake up one of the texturing pros; turn my nice shoes into special shoes. See if next weeks thigh high's get their attention .... (mb next week)

Archived