[BotW] Zelda Adult Mods?

Hello!

Seeing that many people play BotW completely legally on an emulator on their pc, I was curious if there are any mods besides generic retextures or new models.

For example, more mature models of Boklins or link himself. Or, something else, mods that even prevent death and run scripted scenes/intercourse and let link be the submissive partner.

Would the engine even allow such things?

16 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Emulation is actually in a grey area legally, with emulation of newer consoles in a darker area than older ones. I doubt any console developers have given express permission to play their consoles games on your computer.

I doubt any console developers have a say in what I do with the game disc I bought in the privacy of my home.

But we're getting a tad off topic.

Brotigesbrot, I'd love to see something like this too, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Adult mods of Nintendo games are pretty rare due to NoA's litigiousness, and because of lack of interest. If you want to see this happen, you should read through your emulator's documentation and see if it has a texture dump feature and a texture replacement feature, like PPSSPP does. If it doesn't, contact the developers on their forums and let them know that you'd like these features. It's entirely possible that the only reason they haven't been implemented is because nobody's asked for it yet.

Once you have that you'll be able to do texture replacement modding, which is pretty dang easy, even for a total novice. Then you could publish your stuff and get interest, which could lead to getting more major changes made.

while cemu does have texture modding it seems that the most robust mods are being done on the Wii-U console itself. Putting a nude model in there would be very easy but the places that aggregate Nintendo console mods all have rules against adult content. Running sex scripts would be very difficult.

1 hour ago, Darkening Demise said:

Emulators are legal, built from the ground up original content. Roms are illegal copies of a product put online to free. There are mods for BOTW but doubt adult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4tLbzm3oAM

well then, only thing that we need is someone that can mod, now for scripted sex scenes is asking for waaay too much, but a full nude texture probably is easy to do, or to put in game, looks like all of that comes from the same site "gamebanana" a quick peek later i can say there is no nudity there so LL will have to do the naugthy modding as expected, good luck to any modder that takes the challenge then!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just be careful, because Nintendo tends to slam down hard on things Zelda related where it can. Just ask Tumblr, a good 80% of Zelda related content has to be blurred, or the users get DMCA'd and have to create new accounts.

Oddly enough Metroid and Castlevania are almost ignored... and the Mario universe.. well.. everyone knows how open season that is, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lynexi said:

This looks awesome, thanks!

So I've got a problem, I'm crashing the second I try to load BotW in Cemu, I can see a quick flash of the main menu but then Cemu shuts down. I can't really think of a reason I'd be crashing when using your file.

EDIT: Actually I just noticed the file size of your TitleBG.pack is almost double what LynardKiller's TitleBG.pack (143mb vs 75mb), could this be what is causing the crash?

This mod for switch. 

Try this one:   

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MFmIXBIKE__Xh1MVNsk78y5WZx-x8axq/view?usp=sharing

• 2 months later...

hmm actually it looks like i cant get rid of the shadows without editing all the other textures. bummer because it seems i cant mess with normal maps or any of the non colored textures without breaking the graphics. or at least, not with the editing programs i have.

• 3 weeks later...