SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

18 hours ago, WraithSlayer said:

@Warsteiner @fifty2pickup @Eastman353 I have the same issue as you, and spent a bit of time trying to figure out why it's happening. Unfortunately I couldn't pinpoint the exact cause, but found that it happens whenever an animation centered on a bed is playing for longer than 90 seconds. There's a few workarounds that will avoid it happening, any 1 of these 3 will work:

• Press the Realign Actors key before the 90 seconds run out: this triggers an actor sync event that will prevent actors going out of sync for another 90 seconds. The key has to be pressed before the desync issue starts, otherwise it's too late. For long-running animations, you may need to press the key multiple times (at 180,270,etc seconds)
  • Avoid using beds for animations.
  • Reduce the stage timers so that the framework never spends more than 90 seconds in the same animation.

For devs: One symptom is one of the actor aliases stops receiving OnUpdate() events entirely shortly after the 90-second mark, despite the latest OnUpdate() call having successfully registered for the next update, and none of the UnregisterForUpdate() lines in the sslActorAlias script were called. I assume the script thread is getting stuck somewhere else. If the thread controller tries to call any functions in that stuck alias script, the controller will also become affected, which is what makes the hotkeys unresponsive.

Yes, I did notice that too, it mostly happens when I chose to use bed, or I'm inside an interior.. but then I had an accident in the wilds where more npcs started the scene, like 4 and the lag came at the 2nd stage so I guess it has something to do with the character count as well

probably not the right spot to ask this, but during animations with player, some animations has only the player doing the animation while the npc just stands there. sometimes they both just stand there. i sex lab animation loader and most of them work. idk why some dont

Hi, not sure where to ask this. When I still played skyrim legendary edition there was a mod that would give the name of the animations being played when they started. I cant remember which mod did this. Is there a mod for SE that tells you the name of the animation being played?

I tried this mod out some time ago, and even though I do like it, I had many problems with it.

One was that my game would crash when I tried going back into the game.

Another is that many of the mods that I tried out didn't seem to work correctly.

I don't know what the deal was, because I know that I did everything right. I followed the instructions super carefully and I had all of the requirements. I would like to give this mod another try, but I don't know if I should.

32 minutes ago, deadjester226 said:

I don't know what the deal was, because I know that I did everything right.

Hard doubt here. This is a framework. If at any point there is a major issue it would likely affect hundreds of users so it would be very noticeable. That is not the case. I'd recommend you to get the basics first and get a working SL, then try to expand to other mods (and confirm you're using the correct versions and you met any other requirement for them).

Edited by Just Don't
38 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Hard doubt here. This is a framework. If at any point there is a major issue it would likely affect hundreds of users so it would be very noticeable. That is not the case. I'd recommend you to get the basics first and get a working SL, then try to expand to other mods (and confirm you're using the correct versions and you met any other requirement for them).

Do I need to repeat myself?

21 minutes ago, deadjester226 said:

Do I need to repeat myself?

Repeat what? You say many problems but only mention crashing (which is always a sign you're doing something wrong, a mod that causes a reproducible crash wouldn't remain as the latest release for several months without everyone noticing, surely not a framework that most users around here use on a daily basis). You mention trying many mods but they didn't seem to work correctly, which mods? what were the issues? Which version of the framework did you use? Which version of the game do you have? Without details all you did was share that you couldn't make things work.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

Repeat what? You say many problems but only mention crashing (which is always a sign you're doing something wrong, a mod that causes a reproducible crash wouldn't remain as the latest release for several months without everyone noticing, surely not a framework that most users around here use on a daily basis). You mention trying many mods but they didn't seem to work correctly, which mods? what were the issues? Which version of the framework did you use? Which version of the game do you have? Without details all you did was share that you couldn't make things work.

TWO of MANY problems. Others included glitches, things not working, and others that will take too long to list. The mods I tried out were basic sex mods, mods that used furniture, mods that involved sex with creatures, a defeat mod, etc. I can't remember which ones, but I'm pretty sure that by actually paying attention to what I was saying, it would imply that NOTHING was working the way it was supposed to. And don't give me that "you did something wrong" crap. I did everything, and I mean everything, that the installation guides said, and the mods still wouldn't work without something going wrong, which means crashing and glitches. I installed the proper versions, the proper requirements, the proper animation packs, and everything else that the guides said to. What more do I need to tell you?

13 minutes ago, deadjester226 said:

What more do I need to tell you?

No need. You either accept that the issue is something on your side or keep waiting for everyone else to fix it for you (which is going to be very hard given that the many problems you mention don't seem to plague the majority of users, or the fact that you haven't mentioned a single mod in particular yet). Best of lucks.

5 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

No need. You either accept that the issue is something on your side or keep waiting for everyone else to fix it for you (which is going to be very hard given that the many problems you mention don't seem to plague the majority of users, or the fact that you haven't mentioned a single mod in particular yet). Best of lucks.

You know, this right here is why I didn't ask for help for a while. I just knew that I was going to run into some condescending jerk who would rather give someone shit for trying to ask for help. Why the fuck did I bother asking for help? Seriously. All I wanted was to know was what the problem was, and I thought that someone would have the decency to help, but I guess the jokes on me for thinking that. I wasn't wanting someone to fix it for me. I was only wanting a little help. That was it. Instead, I had to deal with some condescending loser wasting my time. But hey, now I'll have a story for my therapist tomorrow. Don't bother messaging back. I'll just ignore it. I'm also just not going to use this mod. There's no point if this is the result of asking for help. Thanks for nothing.

4 hours ago, deadjester226 said:

I tried this mod out some time ago, and even though I do like it, I had many problems with it.

One was that my game would crash when I tried going back into the game.

Another is that many of the mods that I tried out didn't seem to work correctly.

I don't know what the deal was, because I know that I did everything right. I followed the instructions super carefully and I had all of the requirements. I would like to give this mod another try, but I don't know if I should.

There is no way to tell what was going on without a crash log. If you tried it out too long ago that may not have been an option, but it is now.

"Many of the mods i tried didn't seem to work correctly" -- I'm sorry but this is not specific enough for anyone to give you good feedback on. We would need to know what the mod was and what wasn't working.

The best option here would be try try again and then come back with specific feedback. This mod and many other sex mods for skyrim work. There is jank, and that is to be expected. You can limit it or avoid it but you can't prevent it. Bugs might be worked around, depending on what they are, but you would need to explain in detail what that bug was.

Crashing - I recommend you install one of the two crash loggers available, depending on your skyrim version. With these, many crashes can be diagnosed. if not here, then elsewhere. As an FYI, SOS no longer likes to have its load order changed. So make sure that any mods you add are after the sos mods or you will get a crash pointing to the sos DLL in the crash logs. That is probably the most well known crash at this point. I know of none where sexlab itself was the culprit.

1.5.97 - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21294

1.6.x - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59596

On 4/11/2023 at 11:24 PM, OmegaBlaster said:

I added a bit of code in sslActorAlias to apply SMP conditionally when a scene is active, but now for some reason even without "Clear Heel Height" set, the NPCs are still getting their heels cleared before this scene. And half the time, after the scene is done, the NPC will just slowly fly up to space (suspect this is related to whatever is updating the nodes). I'm pretty sure something somewhere is applying "AddNodeTransformPosition", but I just can't figure out where.

This was never an issue with 1.63 SE build, but is a constant headache with 1.65 AE. 

So I figured either SL 1.65 made some changes, or RaceMenu 0.4.x did (I was using the SE build before).

Really regretting moving to AE now. Thinking I might just downgrade and call it a day.

Edit:

So apparently adding a Utility.Wait and/or a Print to Console in the function fixed the issue. I'm guessing something to do with AE's 'script optimizations'.

Just downgraded o 1.57, and all the problems I listed were gone. Not sure why, but at this point I'll take it. 

29 minutes ago, zarantha said:

There is no way to tell what was going on without a crash log. If you tried it out too long ago that may not have been an option, but it is now.

"Many of the mods i tried didn't seem to work correctly" -- I'm sorry but this is not specific enough for anyone to give you good feedback on. We would need to know what the mod was and what wasn't working.

The best option here would be try try again and then come back with specific feedback. This mod and many other sex mods for skyrim work. There is jank, and that is to be expected. You can limit it or avoid it but you can't prevent it. Bugs might be worked around, depending on what they are, but you would need to explain in detail what that bug was.

Crashing - I recommend you install one of the two crash loggers available, depending on your skyrim version. With these, many crashes can be diagnosed. if not here, then elsewhere. As an FYI, SOS no longer likes to have its load order changed. So make sure that any mods you add are after the sos mods or you will get a crash pointing to the sos DLL in the crash logs. That is probably the most well known crash at this point. I know of none where sexlab itself was the culprit.

1.5.97 - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21294

1.6.x - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59596

First, thank you for not being a condescending jerk.

Second, I guess I'll try it again. It wasn't too long ago that I last tried this mod, only about three months ago. I was trying the SE version, because I loathe AE, so that was the version I installed via the installation guide's instructions. I deleted the downloads from my PC, so that's why I couldn't provide a list of the mods I used. One that I do remember was Defeat SSE or whatever it was called. That mod, despite my best efforts, would crash for seemingly no reason after about 5 seconds after it started.

Third, the reason I was asking about it here is because this is the main mod, so I figured it would have been the best place to ask. I'm not saying that THIS mod is the culprit, but that if anyone would know what is, they would probably be here.

1 hour ago, deadjester226 said:

First, thank you for not being a condescending jerk.

Second, I guess I'll try it again. It wasn't too long ago that I last tried this mod, only about three months ago. I was trying the SE version, because I loathe AE, so that was the version I installed via the installation guide's instructions. I deleted the downloads from my PC, so that's why I couldn't provide a list of the mods I used. One that I do remember was Defeat SSE or whatever it was called. That mod, despite my best efforts, would crash for seemingly no reason after about 5 seconds after it started.

Third, the reason I was asking about it here is because this is the main mod, so I figured it would have been the best place to ask. I'm not saying that THIS mod is the culprit, but that if anyone would know what is, they would probably be here.

So the thing to check with this mod, since it wasn't as long ago as I feared, is the exact version of your game. SE and AE are nebulous terms and the community is not consistent with applying the terms. If your game is recently installed, then you likely have the 'AE' version, even without purchasing the upgrade. Not liking AE does not mean that Steam hasn't silently upgraded your version. Telling it to not update only does so much, and there have been reports of the game updated anyway. So your best approach is to know for sure what your game version is.

In your steam install, locate SkyrimSE.exe. Right click it and go to properties. Go to the Details tab. The product version there is your game version. That will tell you what version of skse to install, and what version of SexLab to install. Mixing versions for any of these, for skse, for sexlab, for any SKSE plugin (DLL) based mod means that mod can't work properly. You can't rely on if a mod is 'SE' or 'AE'. Match the version numbers for game and skse and you will have a much easier time.

As far as getting help goes, usually, you'll want to go to the mod page to get help with a mod. The crashloggers i linked earlier can help you narrow it down if you aren't sure.

If you don't know what mod is causing your problem, there's a tech support forum that's better for generic help. It's best to keep issues related only to the thread topic otherwise it gets really confusing. And yes, even if this thread isn't the right place, there's a good chance you might get pointed in the right direction. but it's not guaranteed, and at best all that will happen is someone can confirm THIS mod is working, you'd need to check your other mods for problems. If you can narrow down where your problem is coming from and start there instead, you'll have a much better experience.

7 hours ago, zarantha said:

So the thing to check with this mod, since it wasn't as long ago as I feared, is the exact version of your game. SE and AE are nebulous terms and the community is not consistent with applying the terms. If your game is recently installed, then you likely have the 'AE' version, even without purchasing the upgrade. Not liking AE does not mean that Steam hasn't silently upgraded your version. Telling it to not update only does so much, and there have been reports of the game updated anyway. So your best approach is to know for sure what your game version is.

In your steam install, locate SkyrimSE.exe. Right click it and go to properties. Go to the Details tab. The product version there is your game version. That will tell you what version of skse to install, and what version of SexLab to install. Mixing versions for any of these, for skse, for sexlab, for any SKSE plugin (DLL) based mod means that mod can't work properly. You can't rely on if a mod is 'SE' or 'AE'. Match the version numbers for game and skse and you will have a much easier time.

As far as getting help goes, usually, you'll want to go to the mod page to get help with a mod. The crashloggers i linked earlier can help you narrow it down if you aren't sure.

If you don't know what mod is causing your problem, there's a tech support forum that's better for generic help. It's best to keep issues related only to the thread topic otherwise it gets really confusing. And yes, even if this thread isn't the right place, there's a good chance you might get pointed in the right direction. but it's not guaranteed, and at best all that will happen is someone can confirm THIS mod is working, you'd need to check your other mods for problems. If you can narrow down where your problem is coming from and start there instead, you'll have a much better experience.

Well, I have the AE version, but I used the Downgrader Patch on Nexus to revert the game back to version 1.5.97.0, so it should still be SE. Every other mod that I download for SE works fine, so I'm not sure if the game itself is the issue. I'll check the other forums, as you said, but right now I'm wondering if it's really worth it at this point.

16 hours ago, deadjester226 said:

Well, I have the AE version, but I used the Downgrader Patch on Nexus to revert the game back to version 1.5.97.0, so it should still be SE. Every other mod that I download for SE works fine, so I'm not sure if the game itself is the issue. I'll check the other forums, as you said, but right now I'm wondering if it's really worth it at this point.

Yeah, if you used the downgrader, you want the 1.5.97 version. Whether it's worth it or not is something only you can decide.

On 4/11/2023 at 11:24 PM, OmegaBlaster said:

Really regretting moving to AE now. Thinking I might just downgrade and call it a day.

I have never regretted, even for a second, my decision to block updates and continue on with SSE 1.5.97 and my ~420 active mods.

It just works™.

7 hours ago, zarantha said:

Yeah, if you used the downgrader, you want the 1.5.97 version. Whether it's worth it or not is something only you can decide.

That was the one I installed.

Good day everyone! Can I ask question about Sexlab and Nemesis interaction?

I got my Nemesis animation capacity red (nearly full) and I wanted to try the critters/monsters animation on. If I activate the animations on the MCM menu will it flood my Nemesis with new animation and overflow it's capacity OR is it already in Nemesis files the moment I run Sexlab for the first time? 

Thank you for answering!