SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

Hi, just wondering if the new Beta 9 update fixes the "player spins/rotates in place for a couple seconds before animation begins" bug? So I have one character that has that bug where right when the actors are starting the scene right before the animations play the PC will spin/rotate in place like do a complete 360 or two a couple seconds before actually playing the animation. The bug started around the 60 hr mark and has been happening ever since with that one character. Mod list and load order had not changed, character just started doing it out of the blue. I have 3 other characters with well over 100hrs each that doesn't have that issue at all and work just fine. But for the one single character each time a sex scene starts after they spin in place a few times I have to manually hit the reposition key to realign the starting position otherwise alignment is all jacked up due to the spinning. I can go back to an older save before the bug started happening and that character is fine, change nothing, do nothing different, and a few hrs in, the bug happens again, character starts spinning in place a few times (not a  super fast spin but not really slow either), right before the actual sex animation plays. Really hoping the new update fixes it cause it is really annoying and after spending 3 weeks googling the bug, I found no real cause nor a real solution.

Thanks for reading, love SLF, everyone needs more sex :)

7 hours ago, Martok73 said:

Hi, just wondering if the new Beta 9 update fixes the "player spins/rotates in place for a couple seconds before animation begins" bug? So I have one character that has that bug where right when the actors are starting the scene right before the animations play the PC will spin/rotate in place like do a complete 360 or two a couple seconds before actually playing the animation. The bug started around the 60 hr mark and has been happening ever since with that one character. Mod list and load order had not changed, character just started doing it out of the blue. I have 3 other characters with well over 100hrs each that doesn't have that issue at all and work just fine. But for the one single character each time a sex scene starts after they spin in place a few times I have to manually hit the reposition key to realign the starting position otherwise alignment is all jacked up due to the spinning. I can go back to an older save before the bug started happening and that character is fine, change nothing, do nothing different, and a few hrs in, the bug happens again, character starts spinning in place a few times (not a  super fast spin but not really slow either), right before the actual sex animation plays. Really hoping the new update fixes it cause it is really annoying and after spending 3 weeks googling the bug, I found no real cause nor a real solution.

Thanks for reading, love SLF, everyone needs more sex :)

First time I hear about this. My best guess: Physics (HDT - SMP).

Send me the "Papyrus.0.log" file the next time you see that. And want Body and Physics are you using?

You can also install my SexLab Utility Plus and once installed enable the "Waiting Idles" option on the SexLab MCM. That option come with the SexLab Utility Plus and apply some Idles to the Actors while the Animation isn't started. In case of help at lease a bit or fix the problema will allow me find the real reason.

10 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

You're trying to use DLLs for LE in SE. The two are not compatible.

Is it StorageUtil.dll and MfgConsole.dll? I just installed both new Sexlab and SOS updates an hour ago. I also hadn't modded and played SSE in a while. I don't know when/how I installed those 2 DLLs.

1 minute ago, DarthVoidz said:

Is it StorageUtil.dll and MfgConsole.dll? I just installed both new Sexlab and SOS updates an hour ago. I also hadn't modded and played SSE in a while. I don't know when/how I installed those 2 DLLs.

At the very least it's MfgConsole, since that was never ported to SE. I wouldn't be surprised if StorageUtil was for LE as well, but since it was manually installed there's no way to be sure.

4 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

At the very least it's MfgConsole, since that was never ported to SE. I wouldn't be surprised if StorageUtil was for LE as well, but since it was manually installed there's no way to be sure.

I'm just gonna delete it/remove it and see how it goes

1 hour ago, DarthVoidz said:

Apparently you need to update the SKSE I think the current version is the 2.0.19.

And the SexLab BETA 9 come with a version of the PapyrusUtil more updated that the version available on Nexus by the way in LE is called StorageUtil so you have the LE version installed apart. By the way the MfgConsole is called MfgFix on SE so that is also the LE version probably installed directly on the game "Data" folder instead of use the mod manager

Check the Data folder on the game.

Edited by OsmelMC
21 minutes ago, buddyman4925 said:

Why would sexlab allow me to start a creature animation that is registered but then crash right before it plays? I've tested it on some dogs, but it crashed on a horse when I used the arousal spell.

Should be the skeletons or the Creature penises meshes.

For creatures check the MNC

15 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Apparently you need to update the SKSE I think the current version is the 2.0.19.

And the SexLab BETA 9 come with a version of the PapyrusUtil more updated that the version available on Nexus by the way in LE is called StorageUtil so you have the LE version installed apart. By the way the MfgConsole is called MfgFix on SE so that is also the LE version probably installed directly on the game "Data" folder instead of use the mod manager

Check the Data folder on the game.

I also just updated SKSE as well. I might have installed the LE SexLab so I'll double check.

so, I just disabled a lot of Sexlab Mods to at least have a playthrough that doesn't include creatures or rape, but all the animal are tposing and not moving. I do have OSA and Ostim stuff installed, but they don't touch creatures. Any ideas? I can submit a modlist and plugins if need be.

9 minutes ago, buddyman4925 said:

so, I just disabled a lot of Sexlab Mods to at least have a playthrough that doesn't include creatures or rape, but all the animal are tposing and not moving. I do have OSA and Ostim stuff installed, but they don't touch creatures. Any ideas? I can submit a modlist and plugins if need be.

Did you run FNIS after disabling all those mods?

19 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

Did you run FNIS after disabling all those mods?

I run Fnis so much it's stupid. When I disable mods, uninstall, reinstall, before I boot up. I can always run Fnis and try again.

Edit: It didn't work.

Edited by buddyman4925
New info
20 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Should be the skeletons or the Creature penises meshes.

For creatures check the MNC

define check it? Like, reinstall it? I'm using Pfiffy's More Nasty Creatures 12_6SE cause that's the latest. Should I go with the previous version? and yes I know I got two things going. I wanna make a SFW playthrough, and a NSFW playthrough for obvious reasons.

Edit: so yeah, I got a problem with horse animations not working when my sexlab mods are enabled, and I got all my animals Tposing when they aren't. Fnis doesn't help since I ran it a couple times.

Edited by buddyman4925
59 minutes ago, buddyman4925 said:

Did you uninstall FNIS Creatures? If you did, did you use the De-install Creatures button in FNIS to remove creatures animations before rerunning it again?

11 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Did you uninstall FNIS Creatures? If you did, did you use the De-install Creatures button in FNIS to remove creatures animations before rerunning it again?

wouldn't I have to reinstall them again if I wanted to enable such mods? I mean, I'll try it, but I don't think it does anything since FNIS creatures is still in my load order and stuff.

1 minute ago, buddyman4925 said:

wouldn't I have to reinstall them again if I wanted to enable such mods? I mean, I'll try it, but I don't think it does anything since FNIS creatures is still in my load order and stuff.

It won't hurt. You can leave the fnis creatures mod enabled, and click de-install creatures, then re-run fnis normally again. sometimes de-install will fix issues with the creature animations.

to clarify: "de-install creatures" is a button in FNIS, not your mod manager.

7. did you forget to install the FNIS Creature Pack? install it and rerun the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe, then do steps 5 & 8
NOTE: if you do have the Creature Pack but some creatures are just playing idle animations during sex try clicking on "De-Install Creatures" in FNIS, after it's done running click on "Update FNIS Behavior"
(doing this will delete all the creature behavior files generated by FNIS and remake new ones...that is assuming you DO have the FNIS Creature Pack installed)

18 minutes ago, zarantha said:

It won't hurt. You can leave the fnis creatures mod enabled, and click de-install creatures, then re-run fnis normally again. sometimes de-install will fix issues with the creature animations.

it worked. now to fix my other bug, which well, I can't really test until it gets dark due to a new problem, but this'll allow me to have some fun until I wait and check a few other things. Thanks.