[Fallout 4 VR] Working Adult Mods

On 02/01/2018 at 4:12 AM, number1blind said:

thanks heaps!  [VR] fVrHMDMovementThreshold=100 did the trick, which prevents headset/myself being pushed backed from objects.

I haven't seen any negative effects from normal game play, probably better, being pushed back from objects was kinda annoying.

On 03/01/2018 at 4:18 AM, prinyo said:

There is an idea to donate a Rift to the script extender devs. More info here. 

There is an email sent to them about it, lets see what the response will be. I would definitely join - it is a good idea by the time SkyrimVR hits Steam. 

I like the idea, and would also join, though reading through doesn't look promising.

though I think SkyrimVR itself, with it's fantasy backdrop is more inspiring to people/modders than a apocalyptic backdrop,  we may see more, hell  might even inspire me to start modding

On 03/01/2018 at 9:09 AM, tekryder said:

i must say, seeing the cbbe body in vr is mind boggling lol. just got my piper done. loving piper mod, and pipers sexy outfits.

Unsure if i really like it yet, but ill have to see it in different lighting

VR really puts an emphasis on real when it comes to CBBE body types, what I use to like on a screen, looks ridiculous in VR.

I think most feminine attributes need to be scaled back, from peite to volumpious, can still have variation, just not the same. some new bodyslides presets for VR would be handy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 6:28 AM, JimmyJimJim said:

Most things do seem to work and apparently you can plug in the DLCs from standard Fallout 4 and they work, although there are some missing textures, so I think even mods that rely on the DLC will work.

Well, that's not quite true. Remember that any mod that touches the interface or menus may not work well. Surprisingly many of the scripted mods (like "Scrap-O-Tron 2000") work well without F4SE. I use batch commands to mimic some of the mini-game bypass functions. That gets pretty tedious after the 1000th time!

• 4 months later...
On 12/15/2017 at 11:56 AM, number1blind said:

Actually I have Four Play and most of the Vinfamy mods running, not sure why they work but they do.

This thread seems to be dying, and yet I'd really love to know:

• Any special steps to get FourPlay to work?
  • "Most" of the Vinfamy mods - please could you list, and any problems we might face to get over them?
  • Does anyone use a mod that requires MCM or F4SE but can be worked around the requirement?

Thank you! It would be good to know what people have found works since February 2018.

I abandoned FO4VR because of the performance issues relatively quick, but here is what I was using. 

4P + the conrtrol panel works. You don't need MCM for that. It has it's own menu. I don't remember doing anything special to install 4P for VR.

The problem is that because there is no F4SEVR the stripping will not work. I was considering different solutions for that. But the quick hack I did was changing the 4P scripts that before sex NPCs will unequipAll and after sex they get disabled an enabled. This doesn't look too bad, but for some reason they make a horrible sound when respawning. I'm not aware of publicly available patch that would work around the stripping issue. 

Out of all mods I ended up using only Autonomy since I had problems with scenes involving the PC. I guess the prostitution mod can also be used in order to create brothels. 

For some reason for me the misalignment issues were even bigger in VR than in the pancake game. Out of all sex scenes probably about 10% had proper aligning. 

I'm curious what setups are other people running. 

On 1/2/2018 at 10:09 PM, tekryder said:

i must say, seeing the cbbe body in vr is mind boggling lol. just got my piper done. loving piper mod, and pipers sexy outfits.

Unsure if i really like it yet, but ill have to see it in different lighting

Do you get TBBP from your CBBE set up? I've put all the usual stuff in that makes my lady and her pals jiggle in pancake FO4, but my companions don't jiggle in FO4VR.  ?

If you did get it working, please: I'd love to know how.  Thanks!

On 2/8/2018 at 12:58 AM, Wintermane555 said:

Sure. The "aSexMod" (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29674) works out of the box. So does the "Let's Dance" mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17796).

The aSexMod works, but it also destroys companion conversations. I tried a voiced companion and she lost all the ability to speak, had replies only linked to the aSexMod, and occasional pop-ups in German despite the fact I'd run the translator on it.  I didn't even bother trying other interactions, I just pulled the mod and sprayed it with bloatfly-spray. I really can't recommend aSexMod if you have companions.

Wow, glad to see some action on this thread, but I wish there was more action on the topic in general. It's July 2018, and almost all the information about FO4VR via google seems to be outdated and from December of 2017. I think Bethesda has patched the game really well since then because frankly, the game is awesome from what I can tell. It plays like a dream in almost every respect. A few things I'd like to say:

1. Fallout 4 and Fallout 4 VR are two different animals. They are two different games. I know that doesn't "sound" right to the ear, but its the truth. That's why they were both $60 when they were released. Its something I wish I would have understood earlier because then I would have bought the game earlier.

2. NMM. Nexus Mod Manager has not aged well and is not designed for FO4VR. Use Vortex. Vortex is the next iteration of NMM brought to us by the Nexus team and was BUILT for this game. Everything is native in the program. It just works. No extra effort needed. Just dump your FO4 DLC, including the high res texture pack DLC, into the FO4VR directory and you're done. You can get it here: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/1

3. I JUST discovered Lover's Lab despite the fact that I've been modding for years. I'm a little surprised the user base here isn't paying mad props to VR. That's how I got here...I discovered Fallout 4 VR. It was completely obvious to me that it is 10 times better than the pancake game when it comes to anything involving romance, sexuality, scandal, and just any social interaction. And that is to say nothing of the gun fights. It seems the idea of FO4VR being awesome in this regard is hard to communicate to the curious bystander.

I have no experience with any mods provided though this site yet, but that is about to change. Thanks for the heads-up on aSexMod being janky. I've been working with console driven animations with easy success, but I'm looking for better options and more complexity.

2 hours ago, Rubberific said:

I'm a little surprised the user base here isn't paying mad props to VR.

There's a few reasons why. One is the fact that the only VR games with mod support are made by Bugthesda. They've been all but openly hostile to modders who don't work for them ever since they launched BethNet and the Creation Club. Every time the CC receives an update, it invalidates certain modding tools like the Script Extender and thus requires us to wait as Silverlock and co. update it to work again. Even when it is, mods that use Script Extender need their configuration files updated to work with the new version.

Then there's the lack of widespread support. Not everyone--including modders--can afford/can use/wants to use VR. Not everyone has a computer that can run VR hardware, nor can some of us afford said hardware to begin with. I, for one, am not at all impressed with the so-called "VR" systems currently available and have no plans on ever buying them. VR to me means a lot more than some goggles and control wands.

Complex VR sex mods are going to take time to happen. Be patient.

I have no expectations for the future of FO4VR and I believe I have abandoned it for good after 30 hours of playing it (for performance reasons). I have very big hopes about the future of SkyrimVR, especially with tools like PapyrusVR been developed. 

However at the moment there is no practical difference between the VR and the pancake games in terms of mod support or creating mods. You use the same tools and do the same things.. Excluding the fact that FO4VR doesn't have a script extender. Almost all mods for FO4VR will work in FO4VR, almost all mods for SSE will work for SkyrimVR. Right now developing a mod for the VR port is the same as developing a mod for the flat game. (The big difference been the lack of player character in VR).

Adopting a new technology requires time. Especially with technology like VR that you can't properly explain and people need to try in order to appreciate. Additional complications are added by the "fake VR" systems - GearVR, Daydream, Oculus Go, that give very wrong impression about what VR is. I hope at some point the industry will adopt the approach of  Carmack and start calling them "immersive media" what they actually are. 

FO4VR and SkyrimVR were priced at 60 euro because Bethesda is greedy. However I personally prefer them been expensive as opposed to non-existent. As an early adopter I have no problem participating in financing the experiments the big developers are doing in VR. 

I really recommend using MO2 as a mod manager. It might be harder to understand at first, but makes life way easier in the long run. 

On 6/30/2018 at 1:24 PM, prinyo said:

However at the moment there is no practical difference between the VR and the pancake games in terms of mod support or creating mods. You use the same tools and do the same things..

I really recommend using MO2 as a mod manager. It might be harder to understand at first, but makes life way easier in the long run. 

Agreed. And thank god modding is mostly permeable between the two releases. What I meant by calling them two different games is that they are starkly two different experiences. Nothing I've done in VR has remotely reflected my experiences playing the pancake version. I've always been a fan of RPGs, but I have a hard time getting into them despite my affection for them. Fallout 4 was good, but it wasn't really as engaging for me as some older titles. However, experiencing F04 in VR is equivalent to a rebirth for my RPG experiences. Maybe I'm alone in my experience. As far as I've been able to find, it is the only game to date that has achieved what we all hoped VR would do for gaming. 

I own SkyrimVR as well, but I haven't touched it because I'm afraid what might happen to my free-time. I can barely pull myself away from FO4VR. We criticize Bethesda because we want them to improve. I'm guilty of it too. But its rare to see anyone give them a little bit of praise or credit for a hobby they made available to us all that many of us love. I'm probably just not looking in the right places though.

Thanks for the recommend on MO2. I watched the instructional videos here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194?tab=description It is more powerful at this current stage than Vortex. I like the additional control (merging mods and organized interface) and the ability to interact with the virtual file system to keep track of modding my mods.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
18 hours ago, testothebesto said:

This thread looks abandonded, but FO4VRSE is out and works fine, but I can't figure out how to get the advanced animation framework running.

You can't. It's DLL needs to be re-compiled for FO4VRSE. The best option is to ask the mod's author.

• 1 month later...

This thread seems to be long abandoned but there is a script extender for Fallout 4 VR now and DLC has patches that allow it to run better. NMM also supports the VR version so it can be modded separately from Fallout 4. Sadly the modders don't seem to have made any versions for the F4VRSE. I guess I picked up VR too late and will have to convert mods to work for myself. I figured I'd let people know though because it doesn't seem to be common knowledge.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just curious if anyone here has gotten AAF to work yet since we now have F4VRSE. I’ve gotten SkyrimVR exactly how I want it in terms of mod list, but I’m looking for other options until I get my hands on the Reverb G2, an upgraded GPU, and until we get the latest version of VRIK from prog0111 that supports werewolf/vamp lord bodies. The early demos look great, but I’m holding out for all that to fall together before really diving in, and was hoping Fallout might scratch the itch.

13 hours ago, Gro_Lak said:

Just curious if anyone here has gotten AAF to work yet since we now have F4VRSE.

We do have a  F4VRSE  [ here ]. 

Mods that don't have a dll and use some of the functions that the script extender adds should work. In other words - if the mod description says it requires F4SE and there is no dll in the files then it should work. 

I haven't tested it myself, but that would mean that 4play should work properly, including the stripping. 

AAF and other mods will only work after somebody recompiles the dlls for the VR SE. And since their source code is usually not publicly available the recompiling needs to be done by the mod authors.

For Skyrim there was a bigger user demand and almost all mods got VR dll's. But FO4VR is very rarely played by people  since it runs bad on any PC configuration. But if users ask (politely) I guess some mod authors will be willing to recompile. It is just FO4VR never got the traction SkyrimVR did.