Oblivion won't even reach the title screen anymore..help..!

Taven

It's strange, a few days ago..probably a week or so ago, I was able to play oblivion just fine on Windows 10...starting about 3 days ago, I can't even play it anymore because hitting ESC to skip past any of the logos and such freezes the game, and even waiting for them to go by causes the same thing to happen. I've tried many things to try to alleviate this situation, I've tried running oblivion with no mods, I've tried to delete/remove/replace everything in the MyGames/Oblivion folder, I've reinstalled oblivion MANY TIMES, I've even tried to make the starting files themselves: Oblivion.exe, and OblivionLauncher.exe to launch in compatibility mode, and STILL..no dice. PLEEAASE can someone help me with this? I'd hate to think that losing my first laptop and getting a supposed better one has caused me to be unable to play one of my oldie-goldie games. ><

What mod organizer are you using? What's your load order? Are you using BOSS to sort your load order? Is the crash at the beth logo? If it is then that means you have a missing master or a master is below the one needing it to be above it in the load order. run TES4edit and see if it finds anything. If it hits a error in the load order it'll stop and tell you why read it fix it restart TES4edit again and keep doing it till it can load everything up without hitting any errors.

41 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

What mod organizer are you using? What's your load order? Are you using BOSS to sort your load order? Is the crash at the beth logo? If it is then that means you have a missing master or a master is below the one needing it to be above it in the load order. run TES4edit and see if it finds anything. If it hits a error in the load order it'll stop and tell you why read it fix it restart TES4edit again and keep doing it till it can load everything up without hitting any errors.

I'm using OBMM to organize my stuff, and I'm not entirely sure how to copy and paste my load order. I don't use BOSS, and yeah, like I said it'll freeze up after all of the logos and legal stuff are gone, and hitting ESC to go through any of it will immediately freeze oblivion. I also ran TES4edit, and there were no errors. I honestly don't think it's a mod causing this freeze up, because it will freeze up with NO mods(Just the DLCS and essential stuff) in place whatsoever. Still kinda at a loss for what to do...

Kay, here's my load order(Strange it doesn't show up like I thought it would...)..but I think I've ruled out my problem being a mod, I've already one-by-one disabled each mod and started up oblivion to see if any of the mods was the cause for my problem. And yeah, I've seen other forums via google with people saying they could play Oblivion on Windows 10 just fine...and even more people saying they have the same problem I do, without any definite or currently working answers.

Oblivion load order.olod

Post your load order so we can read it, not load it in OBMM.  If you don't know how, please read the pinned thread:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/11515-please-read-before-posting-here/

Make sure you have run BOSS to sort your load order and then organized your lovers mods according to the load order recommended here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/4487-please-read-before-posting-here/

Other helpful LO sorting and crash proofing info:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/28162-newbies-5-simple-ways-to-avoid-most-crashes-and-bugs/

Last but not least, if nothing fixes it, uninstall ALL mods and then the game, including all files in your my games folder and do a clean reinstall.  Then test the game with nothing installed.  If it boots up and you are able to start a new game, then you can start installing mods from there.

Nothing changed and suddenly it does not work.

That problem I had with the construction set.

It was a Anti virus program update, that blocked some dll files.

Add your oblivion or Bethesda folder in your anti virus program in the exception list.

Well...after trying all of your suggestions, it finally allowed me to play!(And I don't know which one fixed the problem but I'll take it!...I guess..).....but I've got a new problem now, and I probably should start up another thread for it. Loverslab, and NONE of my mods with recognize if I have OBSE, EVEN if I have it installed in my folders, because Loverslab keeps spamming me with that message about it. Also, here's my load order after BOSS got done with it, with a few of my touches.

Oblivion.esm
Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
CM Partners.esm
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Knights.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
PlayerSayStuff.esp
Crowded Cities 15.esp
Crowded Roads Advanced less crowded.esp
highwayman_respawn.esp
OblivionReloaded.esp
HGEC_special_armor_repl.esp
Navel Piercings.esp
Platinum Armor and Weapons.esp
Smarter Bandits.esp
Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp
RomancingAhnassi.esp
Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esp
HideHelms.esp
PSS-normal.esp
PSS-NO-Dark.esp
PSS-Blades.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversBackup2.esp
LoversMB2.esp
Multiple Enchantments.esp
DocDodge.esp
Smarter Ally Combat Positioning.esp
CM Partners.esp
CM Partners NPC.esp
CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
CM Partners Argonians by Howabominable.esp
khajiittextfix.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
DocBlock-NoBlockPerks.esp
MadnessANDAmberOreRespawns.esp
PSS-Fodder-combat-dialogue.esp
Navel Piercings Enchanted.esp
Lightweight Alchemy and Hammers.esp
MigBashing.esp
MigBashing - BlockDesc.esp
unleveled-rewards.esp

OBSE:

Have you installed OBSE again?

Hope your game is not in C:\program files x86.....  That can cause OBSE, Pluggy, archive invalidate,..not to work.

Did your start your game with OBSE ? No Steam Oblivion = OBSE_loader.exe.   Steam Oblivion = with steam or the Oblivion.exe.   Read my yellow Link below.

Yes, not in C:\program files x86

it can be in C:   Create a new Folder games. or install in D:  or E: ...

If you have tried everything else...yes then you should install Oblivion outside of C:\program files x86.

In my yellow Link below  is a Link how to "move" Steam and  game folder.

Or uninstall Oblivion, also delte the folders. then install again and choose the install path ( not always click "OK" "OK" .... You can choose the install path, like you can do it with all programs and games. )

On 12/8/2017 at 7:08 PM, Taven said:

It's strange, a few days ago..probably a week or so ago, I was able to play oblivion just fine on Windows 10...starting about 3 days ago, I can't even play it anymore because hitting ESC to skip past any of the logos and such freezes the game, and even waiting for them to go by causes the same thing to happen. I've tried many things to try to alleviate this situation, I've tried running oblivion with no mods, I've tried to delete/remove/replace everything in the MyGames/Oblivion folder, I've reinstalled oblivion MANY TIMES, I've even tried to make the starting files themselves: Oblivion.exe, and OblivionLauncher.exe to launch in compatibility mode, and STILL..no dice. PLEEAASE can someone help me with this? I'd hate to think that losing my first laptop and getting a supposed better one has caused me to be unable to play one of my oldie-goldie games. ><

Perhaps already covered: Any Windows Updates in the past week that could be affecting things? 

4 hours ago, fejeena said:

Yes, not in C:\program files x86

it can be in C:   Create a new Folder games. or install in D:  or E: ...

If you have tried everything else...yes then you should install Oblivion outside of C:\program files x86.

In my yellow Link below  is a Link how to "move" Steam and  game folder.

Or uninstall Oblivion, also delte the folders. then install again and choose the install path ( not always click "OK" "OK" .... You can choose the install path, like you can do it with all programs and games. )

Huh...where is that link to move steam and such? I can't seem to find it, or maybe I'm over looking it, I tend to do that sometimes. ><

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Perhaps already covered: Any Windows Updates in the past week that could be affecting things? 

Well..there was an update, but I didn't have problems IMMEDIATELY after it..

Yellow Link

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/?tab=comments#comment-915257

And the Move game and Steam at the top, the first red line...

Do not install Oblivion in the folder specified by the game Installation program ( C:\ program files .....), .....

There just above the red " Do not use Nexus Modmanager "

Moving Steam and game Folder https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

And here a german discription https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129&l=german

Archived