Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

6 hours ago, moiennepe said:

Well, nothing changes much in 22500, if you want you can search the hex patterns around where I patched and to patch the newer main exe.

Older csv and json still works for it.
Can't tell much, or our God will suffocate me again.

Wait. Did they really put you under threat for the offline mode?

An offline mode being made publicly available while the game is still online and trying to make money is a bad idea because it facilitates piracy (are you seriously telling me you wouldn't use it to unlock Kanna and all the paid only SSRs, and that you speak on behalf of every whale that bankrolls this game?), which is against this forum's rule #7 and the moderators here were well within their rights to delete the thread. As it was the existence of the offline mode caused quite a stir on discord, with some users repeatedly posting about its existence, one moderator throwing in the towel because the same has allegedly killed other Gacha games in the past (I'm repeating what I've been told - don't ask me to name which ones, because I don't know) and the rest being quite upset. I don't know what the reaction was like on Japanese communities, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was similar.

Once the game has reached end of life and is taken offline that's a totally different matter, and I don't really have a problem with people working behind the scenes preparing for that eventuality. But that should be years away - let's not accelerate the game's demise by releasing an offline mode prematurely.

1 hour ago, ausgeek said:

An offline mode being made publicly available while the game is still online and trying to make money is a bad idea because it facilitates piracy (are you seriously telling me you wouldn't use it to unlock Kanna and all the paid only SSRs, and that you speak on behalf of every whale that bankrolls this game?), which is against this forum's rule #7 and the moderators here were well within their rights to delete the thread. As it was the existence of the offline mode caused quite a stir on discord, with self-proclaimed whale repeatedly posting about its existence and spreading the gacha screenshot, one moderator throwing in the towel because the same has allegedly killed other Gacha games in the past (I'm repeating what I've been told - don't ask me to name which ones, because I don't know) and the rest being quite upset. I don't know what the reaction was like on Japanese communities, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was similar.

Once the game has reached end of life and is taken offline that's a totally different matter, and I don't really have a problem with people working behind the scenes preparing for that eventuality. But that should be years away - let's not accelerate the game's demise by releasing an offline mode prematurely.

I will totally agree with you if this game follows a format that doesn't abuse the consumer in standars that the UE follows. Personally I hate this kind of games that take avantage of the addiction of some people in order to get the most profit as possible with the less effort. But hey, that's the reason legally this game is only available in Japan, where laws that protect the consumer in this kind sudject are almost inexistent. These kind of "gatcha games" wouldn't be allowed in UE or USA. I'm just a bit strict in this matter because I work in an industry that take in considerations all the parts in the business chain: workers, consumers and producers; and we make sure that every part gets a fair treatment. And when I see that one part abuse the other, it makes my blood boil. But I can totally undertand why some people defend this kind of practice. They've been living all their life with this treatment, they are used to it and see it right.

P.D.1.: Sorry if I made any mistake. I'm not native english speaker.

P.D.2.: I wouldn't unlock Kanna, She sucks.?

@ausgeek

Tried updating to 3Dfix-DOAX-VenusVacation-2.2.zip just now but mods still aren't working for me on Steam version, any help would be appreciated...side note there was an update yesterday for Steam version and seems there was another just now when I logged in, not sure if this may have fucked up something yet again with the mods!

EDIT: Never mind, had Model Quality set to "low" for some reason, set it to "high" and all mods are working, thanks again for all your great work, ausgeek!

7 hours ago, Renatobustillos said:

I will totally agree with you if this game follows a format that doesn't abuse the consumer in standars that the UE follows. Personally I hate this kind of games that take avantage of the addiction of some people in order to get the most profit as possible with the less effort. But hey, that's the reason legally this game is only available in Japan, where laws that protect the consumer in this kind sudject are almost inexistent. These kind of "gatcha games" wouldn't be allowed in UE or USA. I'm just a bit strict in this matter because I work in an industry that take in considerations all the parts in the business chain: workers, consumers and producers; and we make sure that every part gets a fair treatment. And when I see that one part abuse the other, it makes my blood boil. But I can totally undertand why some people defend this kind of practice. They've been living all their life with this treatment, they are used to it and see it right.

P.D.1.: Sorry if I made any mistake. I'm not native english speaker.

P.D.2.: I wouldn't unlock Kanna, She sucks.?

Have you ever played any mobile gacha game allowed on the EU or US?

I could name a few: Brave Frontier, Fate, FFBE, FE: Heroes...

If you think this gacha cash grabs are only allowed in Japan, oh boy are you wrong. Some EU countries are starting to take action but the lootbox/gacha gamble is here to stay for many years.

6 hours ago, moiennepe said:

I never care about "gaming" and their stupid terminologies (still not clear who the hell the half of those 17 whores are). An obfuscated and encrypted blender disgusts me, that's all.

You can upload your project to Mega and give a link here.

( Preferably along with instructions. ).

So I stopped playing this for a couple months and come back to find most of my mods not working. Square bikini and all that not working. Thinking about doing a fresh install. Can anyone link me to the posts with any fixes, updates, mod packs, and most recent nude models/skins to get this up and running again? I would very much appreciate it because it would save me from digging through each page of this thread.

43 minutes ago, minazuki said:

This is the record on March at 15:19
And the event is end at 23:59

Thank! 

I see there are 5 April support ticket on sale in the VIP coin store.

Im considering whether should I aim for 701~800 to get another extra April SSR roll XD. 

5 minutes ago, Fatdaddy69 said:

Thank! 

I see there are 5 April support ticket on sale in the VIP coin store.

Im considering whether should I aim for 701~800 to get another extra April SSR roll XD. 

Oh. I don't noticed there are 5 tickets on VIP shop.

Then, I don't need to get within 500.

Can someone explain or throw up a guide (or link) for extracting object's ingame..

for editing programs like blender.

Basically want to swap texture files from DOA for DOA

then 3D maps..

(DOAVV with DOA6 assets)

Resizing .map for DOAVV (Blender)

Rescaling DOA6 textures (Editing)

or

e0b0648858d3f69c79481a04a87e26824506b30098c5a37c0d95468ec4b7909a  (4058kb)  < <  what's the filetype?..