is TTW worth it?

I've never gotten to actually play TTW but the though of getting to play F3 with all the niceness of the NVSE and New Vegas appeals to me, but not a lot of mods can actually work with TTW so I'm always on the fence about it?

I don't use MO to mod new vegas(because I can never get it to work correctly) so the time I have to spend uninstalling seems rather meh to me.

But since I'm doing fresh installs of the game as I type this, I wanted to ask if anyone thinks the journey is worth it.

Download FOMM (fallout mod manager) to use as your manager. You will need both fallout 3 and new Vegas to be able to use TTW. You don't actually play TTW itis used to merge both fallout 3 and new Vegas together into one game. You'll be able to start fallout new Vegas and be able to go to a place on the map and be able to warp from new Vegas area to fallout 3 area and back again whenever you want and you'll be able to use NVSE sexout and the fallout new Vegas game engine and mods that have been converted to work with TTW.

Download FOMM (fallout mod manager) to use as your manager. You will need both fallout 3 and new Vegas to be able to use TTW. You don't actually play TTW itis used to merge both fallout 3 and new Vegas together into one game. You'll be able to start fallout new Vegas and be able to go to a place on the map and be able to warp from new Vegas area to fallout 3 area and back again whenever you want and you'll be able to use NVSE sexout and the fallout new Vegas game engine and mods that have been converted to work with TTW.

I know all the steps to getting it to work.

It just NEVER works for me. The game crashes whenever starting a new game and running that fucking launcher just to for it to redownload the files from Fallout 3 again are too much of a hassle for me to even want to try it

• 1 month later...

TTW is definitely worth it IMO.  The NV engine is superior to the Fallout 3 engine and TTW allows you to play Fallout 3 with the NV engine.  If you have no interest in Fallout 3 and are playing NV exclusively then TTW does nothing for you but otherwise there's not much downside to it.  I'll be using that for my Fallout fix until the Fallout 4 GOTY edition drops to $20 or less.  Then I'll give Fallout 4 a try.  For now I'm still mostly playing Skyrim SE though.

Making mods work in TTW doesn't seem to be difficult for me. The install is very easy too. Granted, you can't just mod the shit out of it like you can NV alone or FO3, but to have two big games merged in one super- Fallout is totally worth any trouble for me. I played it with about 50 mods so far and averaged about 2-3 ctds in a day. That is because TTW is still in Alpha and I didn't install some of the mods correctly. For me, Sexout is the main appeal since I like the animations alot. I am in the process of a new install of everything and plan on doing some things different since I know how to do things better this time around. I played FO4 for about a year and it is just not nearly as well done. Oh, and the list of mods converted for TTW keeps growing thanks to the effort of some savvy individuals. The process for converting FO3 mods to work in TTW does not seem as difficult as some might think, though. Anyway, have fun no matter what you decide! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I have TTW installed with about 130 other mods...so far. Not every mod that I have tried with it has worked. About 3 flat out do not work and another 1 or 2 have some problems. I have been focusing on the DC side with mods, so I still have all of NV and it's dlcs to do. The GECK works well for me and I am having fun learning how to do things with it. With 3 huge expansions on the horizon, TTW patched to work with them will keep me entertained for a long time. One expansion is bringing tanks to play with- Yes!!

I'm gonna give you a simple answer, is kindof alot of work getting it all set up...but, yes to me I very much enjoyed the result...also I enjoyed mothership zeta...both are a little complex to install but in the end it is very kewl to be able to use all the char and mods from new vegas  literaly in both games and travel back and forth between them.

3 hours ago, AgentCarolina said:

Alright well seeing as everyone is in love with TTW

I am going to try it and get it working again! 

@KoolHndLuke I could use some help getting all the mods together that I CAN use though.

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/updated-ttw-mod-directory

Those are some that have been converted and have been working. You can also find some converted on Nexus. The conversion process explained by Roy is not that hard. I have converted some script heavy mods. Also look for Kris Takahashi's FO3 3dnpc conversion here- https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/3dnpc-fallout-3-bundle-conversion

My mod list if your interested. Note that this is not finished by a long shot. Still going to add more adjust/patch as necessary. Read the FAQ on the TTW site to learn what you need for a more stable game. I still have a few problems, but no ctds playing for hours at a time. Good luck and if you can't find an answer in the FAQ, then ask on the site and someone will help.- 

Spoiler

0  0 FalloutNV.esm
  1  1 DeadMoney.esm
  2  2 HonestHearts.esm
  3  3 OldWorldBlues.esm
  4  4 LonesomeRoad.esm
  5  5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm
       ClassicPack.esm
       MercenaryPack.esm
       TribalPack.esm
       CaravanPack.esm
  6  6 Fallout3.esm
  7  7 Anchorage.esm
  8  8 ThePitt.esm
  9  9 BrokenSteel.esm
 10  a PointLookout.esm
 11  b Zeta.esm
 12  c taleoftwowastelands.esm
 13  d TTWFixes.esm
 14  e Lings.esm
 15  f Sexout.esm
 16 10 SexoutSlavery.esm
 17 11 SexoutCommonResources.esm
 18 12 MikotoBeauty.esm
 19 13 MikotoBeauty.esp
 20 14 ANiceOakTree's Hairstyles For FNV.esp
 21 15 Point Lookout Reborn.esm
 22 16 SexoutTryout.esm
 23 17 SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
 24 18 3DNPC_FO3.esm
 25 19 REZBajaIslandHome.esp
 26 1a RHKBrisaAlmodovar.esm
 27 1b VanessaFollowerNV.esm
 28 1c Sydney Follower.esp
 29 1d 3DNPC_Room404.esm
 30 1e 3DNPC_Cosmos.esm
 31 1f K2_RaiderDolls.esm
 32 20 aRezBootyBay.esp
 33 21 Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
 34 22 zzjayHairsFNV.esp
 35 23 LingsPrettyThings.esp
 36 24 MojaveDelight.esp
 37 25 TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp
 38 26 TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
 39 27 TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
 40 28 TTW_Reputation.esp
 41 29 TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
 42 2a TTW_StartupMenu.esp
 43 2b TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
 44 2c ttw_wildwasteland.esp
 45 2d TTWOptions.esp
 46 2e MMM - TTW Reputation Patch.esp
 47 2f SmallerTalk.esp
 48 30 T6M Female Power Armor NV.esp
 49 31 SexoutPosNew.esp
 50 32 The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
 51 33 SexoutAnimManagement.esp
 52 34 TTWVaultSuitHotfix.esp
 53 35 SexoutLoversBed.esp
 54 36 RHKSeatActivationFix.esp
 55 37 Bouncing Natural Breasts.esp
 56 38 TTW Expanded DC Vendor Inventories.esp
 57 39 Flora Overhaul.esp
 58 3a Vurt's WFO.esp
 59 3b Abominable.esp
 60 3c Mart's Mutant Mod Merged Patch Helper.esp
 61 3d RaiderMercenaryExpanded.esp
 62 3e FetishLingerieSetNV.esp
 63 3f FetishFishnetNV.esp
 64 40 Magazines.esp
 65 41 Odins Magazines New.esp
 66 42 GNR Enhanced.esp
 67 43 BelthansQuoVagis.esp
 68 44 SunnyCompanion.esp
 69 45 Kozzz_SexyClothingsVol2(en).esp
       The Groovatron.esp
       FewPosesMore.esp
       SlavePoses.esp
       SariDPoses.esp
 70 46 CapitalCaravan - DCVendor.esp
 71 47 RSCR-Enhanced.esp
 72 48 Women of New Vegas - Billboards.esp
 73 49 3DNPC_Chapel.esp
 74 4a 3DNPC_FO3Generic.esp
 75 4b Moriarty's Saloon Fen chui Mod.esp
 76 4c RZW_SlotMachine.esp
 77 4d 3DNPC_Factory.esp
 78 4e CapitalCaravan.esp
 79 4f 3DNPC_QuantumGravity.esp
       Animated Prostitution.esp
 80 50 sjs_bellydancedress.esp
 81 51 DK Caucasians.esp
 82 52 1nivVSLArmors.esp
 83 53 RSCR-Expansion_Decks.esp
 84 54 PlasmaSmgMK2.esp
 85 55 PEDress.esp
 86 56 HyperNurseOutfitForNV.esp
 87 57 3DNPC_LittleBoBeep.esp
 88 58 3DNPC_DotsDiner.esp
 89 59 kikaiEquipment.esp
 90 5a AzarGypsyOutfits.esp
 91 5b A Devil's Wish.esp
 92 5c A Devil's Wish - Patch v1_4.esp
 93 5d Megaton Return.esp
 94 5e JHBSydneyUpdate.esp
 95 5f Sydney Follower - Load Order Fix.esp
 96 60 7of9Uniform.esp
 97 61 3DNPC_Radio.esp
 98 62 3DNPC_IRS.esp
 99 63 3dnpc_ClaraBella.esp
100 64 3DNPC_FO3_BrokenSteel.esp
101 65 3DNPC_Spider.esp
102 66 K2_PlayWearClub.esp
103 67 3DNPC_Village.esp
104 68 Kozzz_dresses(EN).esp
105 69 NewMall.esp
106 6a Kozzz_dresses(RU).esp
107 6b The Groovatron NV.esp
108 6c Ravishing Sin.esp
109 6d SexoutSexAssault.esp
110 6e T3Belts_BootsNV2.esp
111 6f T3Belts_BootsNV.esp
       7DanceFnV.esp
       ftc7DanceFNVCompatibilityPatch.esp
112 70 Lipstick.esp
113 71 Behaviours.esp
114 72 3DNPC_Mortar.esp
115 73 Newoffice.esp
116 74 QToughChickArmor.esp
117 75 Ladyoutfit1.esp
118 76 jotoughgirlFO3.esp
119 77 JeansOutfits.esp
120 78 3DNPC_Slasher.esp
121 79 Le grenier.esp
122 7a JessiCompanion.esp
123 7b 3DNPC_Zynx.esp
124 7c LaraCroftArmor.esp
125 7d Slower Level Rates - x3.0.esp
126 7e Ling Hair NPCs.esp
127 7f MergedPatch.esp

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
taleoftwowastelands.esm
TTWFixes.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
StreetLights.esm
TTW Redesigned.esm
Destruction.esm
oHUD.esm
Lings.esm
TTWInteriors_Core.esm
TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
Caliber.esm
Ahzteks Weapon Overhaul.esp
CaliberXhonesthearts.esm
CaliberXgunrunners.esm
OONV.esm
Reload Sounds.esp
Ahzteks Muzzle Flashes (Optional).esp
Distributed Necklaces and Chains.esp
Named Paradise Falls NPC's.esp
TTW - Realistic Interior Lighting - BS.esp
TTW - Realistic Interior Lighting - OA.esp
TTW - Realistic Interior Lighting - PL.esp
TTW - Realistic Interior Lighting.esp
ttw_wildwasteland.esp
TTWOptions.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
TTW_Reputation.esp
TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
CASM with MCM.esp
TTWVaultSuitHotfix.esp
More Perks.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
Project Nevada - TTW.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Delay DLC - TTW.esp
zzjayHairsFNV.esp
FlashlightNVSE.esp
Better Pickup Prompt.esp
TTW CRTLF.esp
STFU.esp
HairPatcher.esp
Better Breaching.esp
QS_Blackwolf_NV_Backpackmod.esp
BLEED.esp
MZ No Karma Loss.esp
Stealth Kills Enabled - Pitt Compatibility.esp
Stealth Kills Enabled.esp
SenterPats Weapon Pack.esp
Holster Gear.esp
MoonShadowRace.esp
Readius_NV.esp
Readius TTW Fix.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
1nivPNSLPatch.esp
Dynamic Third Person Camera.esp
Digital_Nightmare.esp
DN_TTW_Patch.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod Merged Patch Helper.esp
MMM - TTW Reputation Patch.esp
Ahzteks_TTW_Overhaul.esp
TTW Expanded DC Vendor Inventories.esp
GUN Equip Sounds.esp
GUN Reload Sounds.esp
Boacombat2glove.esp
boa ncrpahelmet.esp
GNR Enhanced.esp
ItemBrowser.esp
Permanent_Weapon_Shells_Medium.esp
christinecos.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
OONV - Override.esp

Total active plugins: 98
Total plugins: 98

This is the current load order i have.

Currently the only issue i have is i CANT use an ENB. I've tried with Oxide, Onix, and now Midhdrastic

You will need to make a merged patch for some of those mods to work properly. MMM is one for sure- leveled lists- or you won't see some of the new monsters. As for an enb, I don't use one because of problems. I use the Groovatron instead and come up with satisfactory visual settings- more blues and reds or warmer settings and a little more contrast to make the darks much darker. A couple more tips; Use a vanilla preset to start the game and then change to a custom race when leaving the vault. Also do NOT coc back and forth between NV and DC- it will screw your game up. One more thing is to disable auto-saves on cell change or fast travel. Sleeping auto saves seem to be ok. I have one mod that allows for console commands and keeping achievements. I think it is the Groovatron, but I'm not sure. You can have all the animations you want in TTW, but don't expect them to always work. Good luck!

One more thing- if you do work on a mod in the GECK, you need to load it in FNVEdit after and clean masters for that mod because the GECK will make the add-ons(Caravan pack, Classic pack, ect) masters by mistake.

That looks just like the load order I had when I played TTW.

Played through a whole lot of both games, till I messed it up trying to install a new race mod....I think the android race didn't agree with my game cant remember why though.

There's a mod called, "A Familiar Friend" not sure if its on TTW site, but it makes it so that the pipboy is not on the character in 3rd person which is nice for screens.

On 12/8/2017 at 7:20 PM, Gameplayer said:

Played through a whole lot of both games, till I messed it up trying to install a new race mod....I think the android race didn't agree with my game cant remember why though.

There's a mod called, "A Familiar Friend" not sure if its on TTW site, but it makes it so that the pipboy is not on the character in 3rd person which is nice for screens.

It would be nice to remove the pipboy. But, I have one mod that specifically states NOT to. Animations or something, would have to check again to be sure. Regardless, I'm still having so much fun with TTW. So long as I pay attention to what I do there is so much room for modding.

On 12/8/2017 at 7:20 PM, Gameplayer said:

Handheld pipboys are better IMO

and Custom races do work, you just can't use them until you're escaping the vault.

For anyone that is heavily modding their FNV or FO3 or TTW, look at this thread- https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/sheson-memory-patch

Doing this for my game has made it run better and should allow for even more mods than the 130 or so "soft" limit. Cheers!

EDIT: Nope. The soft limit of plug-ins for FNV seems to be about 139, give or take a few. The signs are missing meshes/textures after a few cell changes. Looking for more info. One report mentioned something related to a official patch being the culprit.

8 minutes ago, dborg2 said:

For the hard-limit:  I believe I once read that the Bethesda people didn't start at Hex-0 but at Hex-8, when numbering the FalloutNV.ESM.

What was the reasoning behind that? If I had known about this sooner, I would have a very different mod list. Such a pain in the ass.

3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

What was the reasoning behind that? If I had known about this sooner, I would have a very different mod list. Such a pain in the ass.

I don't know the official reason, but I expect that they never conceived the idea that people would run Fallout with more than 100 mods. Take also in consideration that Fallout would only take about 2/3 gigabyte of memory, due to it being a 32bits application. The fact that we can upscale it to 4gb+ was not something that was taken into account by the developers.

Fallout 3 was created in 2008, when Windows XP was dominant. FNV, using the Fallout 3 engine and limitations, was made in 2010. PC's from that time couldn't handle more than 100 mods, unless it were 100 1-weapon-per-mod mods, or similar small mods. And no developer assumes that 5 years later their game is still being played and that new mods are still being created.

Archived