Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

On 8/7/2021 at 3:38 AM, Clydie said:

Rename your Sims 3 folder into sims 3.backup or so and start the game, load a world and quit without saving.

Go to the new Sims 3  folder and setup a mod folder. There copy in just Passion (without the bar mod) , some anims and the essentials (i.e. no mosaik, CMARPenispackage) and start the game again to see if passion work then. 

Otherwise you can upload a screen shoot of your MOD folder here. Then we may can see if there are things installed what may cause conflicts.

Thanks. For some reason, I didn't even think to do this. I've been banging my head against this for a while. I'll try it and update.

UPDATE: It did work without the other mods so now I am doing the long arduous task of sifting through to find which ones are being bratty. Thanks again.

Edited by fierybear

@SassyTrickster, if you removed KW improperly as @Clydie suggests, I have posted instructions on how to safely remove KW from your game here, along with other helpful info. You may still be able to save that old game... maybe no?

On 8/3/2021 at 5:17 AM, MurderPrincess said:

@eldark17 and anyone else who might have the height issue.

There is a easy fix that I feel dumb for not noticing before.

Click on the sim who is out of place and select Passion/Reset Me/Yes

It will reset the height data it seems.

I have noticed that the height issue only happens with sims who Passion as a teen and then age up.

The system doesn't seem to reset the height adjustment on the age up.

Hope this works for everyone.

Perhaps an @TwilightStorm tag for this info, so he can look into whether it is related to the addition of the teen height fix to Passion? Perhaps something that can be tweaked? Perhaps something to be placed as a "note"?

Hi, playing with Passion in my game and I'm having trouble switching positions? Every time I try to switch positions using the option, it never actually works, doesn't pick the position I selected and seems to just.. randomize what position it chooses next. I have no idea how to fix this, I've searched everywhere and no one's seem to gotten this bug yet. I play a M/M couple, is that a possible issue? Please help, thank u.

I have a couple of questions. I have version 2.7.6.4.

First, I noticed that when sims do a base game woohoo in a bed, they jump under the covers, and then the covers pull back, and they are animated woohooing in a missionary position. Is that something done by Passion?

Second, I have passion configured with pregnancy disabled. My sim (with "dislikes children" and "unlucky" traits) has been trying to get pregnant using the "Try for Baby" interaction, but has not been able to get pregnant after trying 6 or 7 times. Does having pregnancy disabled in Passion impact the normal way of trying to get sims pregnant?

5 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

the covers pull back, and they are animated woohooing in a missionary position. Is that something done by Passion?

No, not passion ! Look at your mod folder and see if you have "Woohoo_org_replace_cly.package" in there. (I bet you have)

Remove this package and you will see the original EA animation again.

5 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

have passion configured with pregnancy disabled

Think this affect the whole game then. But not sure. This can be answered by TwilightStorm only.

7 hours ago, Clydie said:

No, not passion ! Look at your mod folder and see if you have "Woohoo_org_replace_cly.package" in there. (I bet you have)

Thanks! Apparently, I have had this for quite a long time, and never noticed it until the last week or two.

On 8/15/2021 at 2:24 AM, Clydie said:

Think this affect the whole game then. But not sure. This can be answered by TwilightStorm only.

So, it looks like "Woohoo_org_replace_cly.package" is what actually causes Try for Baby to not work (at least in a bed). I removed Passion and left "Woohoo_org_replace_cly.package" installed, and TFB still does not get sims pregnant. Even bumping the TFB success chance up to 98%, multiple attempts fail. But, as soon as I removed "Woohoo_org_replace_cly.package" and then TFB, it succeeded on the first attempt.

Oddly, when I set the TFB success chance to 100% in NRaas Woohooer, TFB does succeed, even with "Woohoo_org_replace_cly.package" installed.

16 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

it looks like "Woohoo_org_replace_cly.package" is what actually causes Try for Baby to not work (at least in a bed)

Sorry about that, think that could be possible. In this replacement package some infos on the animations missing. But implement them will lead to no change, mean the game falls back to the original animation.

Do not have a solution yet except to remove this package from your game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 8:03 AM, Clydie said:

Sorry about that, think that could be possible. In this replacement package some infos on the animations missing. But implement them will lead to no change, mean the game falls back to the original animation.

Do not have a solution yet except to remove this package from your game.

No worries. Now that I understand what is going on, I can live with it. Since I prefer your animation over the original one, I decided to keep the mod in, and then I use random.org to generate a random chance, and use CmarNYC's pregnancy controller to get them pregnant if they roll under 75% (or 85% with fertility treatment).

Does anyone know exactly how much fertility treatment or the alchemy potion actually add to the chances of a successful Try for Baby?

Hi all, 

First want to say how impressed I am with these mods! I am very late to the mod game and really have a basic understanding, and am just in awe of all of the awesome work people have been able to do to animate. All of you who spend time crafting and animating, you guys are awesome!

I am incredibly new to all of this (I only heard about it after a friend and I were chatting about differences between Sims 3 and 4, they play 4 and I play 3 and they mentioned Wicked Whims, which led me to passions!), and just getting my head around everything (language, how it works, etc). I'm also in a long/extended lockdown...

Overall the mod is working really well for me. I'm just having some minor trouble with just a couple of the mod's aspects to work. I have tried troubleshooting and searching the forum for answers. I have the most up -to-date version of the Passions mod downloaded, along with the recommend CMAR mods for skins, the toy objects (i.e. dildos/bondage frame/ etc), as well as the following animation packs:

• AMAR (mainstream and lesbian)
  • ANALUST
  • K69
  • L666 (animations and BDSM)
  • KinkyLucas
  • Mary Jane
  • Master 
  • Mikesworld (classics and lesbian)
  • Spaceman

Issue 1: Sims won't use exotic dance pole

I have the options to use the dance pole (so Dance/DancePro and Ask to Dance/Ask to Dance Pro) show up in the options when I click the pole, but the sims just approach the pole, stare at it, and then it disappears from their que. I'm wondering whether I need to download a specific set of animations for this to work (or if they are available in the above animations, whether there's an incompatibility)? 

Issue 2: TVs don't play custom channels/passion not an option

I have downloaded the special passion TV package, as well as have the custom TV channels and custom videos package. But while I can watch the custom TVs, there is no option to passion (erotic) with the TV , and it looks like there aren't any custom channels. Again wondering do I need to supplement this with another animation (any recommendations?) 

In the Passion download package comes the "Poledanceanimations.Package" check that you have installed it.

And (I suppose you know, but just in case) that animation needs music to be playing on some nearby equipment to work

About TV, I can't tell you, I don't usually use that option,

On 9/14/2021 at 12:39 AM, Patriguz said:

In the Passion download package comes the "Poledanceanimations.Package" check that you have installed it.

And (I suppose you know, but just in case) that animation needs music to be playing on some nearby equipment to work

About TV, I can't tell you, I don't usually use that option,

So hilariously I did not know I needed the music on to get the stripping animations to work! Thank you so much works great now, was just an issue of my own ineptitude ?

4 hours ago, peachello said:

wondering if there's a way to set one of them to always be the bottom in the animations?

No, no possibility to do that. You need to try. I.e. may be the guy who asks for woohoo play the male role (mostly).

To learn more about look at post # 3546 and #3558 of this thread may here or around this posts you will find the answer !

Because it is similar to that partner switch questions.

7 hours ago, Clydie said:

No, no possibility to do that. You need to try. I.e. may be the guy who asks for woohoo play the male role (mostly).

To learn more about look at post # 3546 and #3558 of this thread may here or around this posts you will find the answer !

Because it is similar to that partner switch questions.

damn, well my sims kept switching roles during sex regardless of who initiated the interaction; it was mostly my simself topping but he would bottom during the heterosexual anims

4 hours ago, peachello said:

my sims kept switching roles during sex

The switch partner option should not touched if you have all animations installed by using OKW files.

This option is only meant to use for animations installed along with the older xml system. Those files are called AW_XXX.package.

The reason is, in this older AW XMLs is no gender information for the actors in the animation.

• 2 weeks later...