Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

14 minutes ago, namaradus said:

Do you have the new Sybian Saddle installed?

New? No. I installed it a long time ago, but did not use it. Even don't know what animation for this saddle exists.

Anyway, I tested latest versions with only Required filed (marked as required in pdf), without Saddle. 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 crashes in 5-10 mins without any passion activity.

Without passion or with 2.6.6 version - no crashes. No idea why. There was an idea that the update broke something in savegame (what often happens when reinstalling mods without starting a new game), but as I see - at least 3 more people have the same problem. So, rollback to old version - most acceptable solution for me right now.

20 minutes ago, lolic99 said:

New? No. I installed it a long time ago, but did not use it. Even don't know what animation for this saddle exists.

Anyway, I tested latest versions with only Required filed (marked as required in pdf), without Saddle. 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 crashes in 5-10 mins without any passion activity.

Without passion or with 2.6.6 version - no crashes. No idea why. There was an idea that the update broke something in savegame (what often happens when reinstalling mods without starting a new game), but as I see - at least 3 more people have the same problem. So, rollback to old version - most acceptable solution for me right now.

Does it crash with a New Game? As I've only been testing with New Games as my old game saves were lost when my hard drive broke.

1 hour ago, namaradus said:

Does it crash with a New Game? As I've only been testing with New Games as my old game saves were lost when my hard drive broke.

I think no. When I started new game today for test - no crash, but something shity happens.

First, long load after family selection. Too long.

Second, bugs with Nraas Portrait panel (non fatal errors in conversation of two adults - something about OneShotFunctionTask, OnPerform etc)

Third, unable to click on adult sim - nothing happens, no menus at all. Eventually it start working.

Some bugs dissapears after mods (Nraas and Passion) and sims reset.

Then Passion deleted again, start new game with same town, same family.

And I can't see bugs from above. All works fine.

Looks like new version of Passion have serious conflict with other core mods. But it just my opinion. As I said before, I have a lot of CC.

5 hours ago, lolic99 said:

Where exactly does the phrase "I hope that the author of the mod will pay attention to the problem" look highly unrespectful? Especially compared to your commentary on it.

Of course, the answer is uninteresting to me.

I don't give a shit for any of your problems!

Solve them your self.

The author of this mod, will continue to update it, any way he things and as long as it works in his own computer with no errors at all, he will share it here.

Get it or delete it is your concern. 

13 hours ago, Look a Diamond said:

Twilight buddy we are all here to get one thing and that’s your mod to work... I can just make a new account my guy we will figure out what kind of graphics card we need to get this breakpoint error resolved 

I don't give a shit, if you get it work or not! 

To figure out what kind of graphics card you need for that, throw away your computer out of the window.

If you keep getting breakpoints delete this mod.

There is no help for you.

WOW.....THANKS TO THE PERSON THAT HAS CAUSED US ALL TO SUFFER. TWILIGHT STORM HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT HELPFUL TO "ALL" OF LL FANS. 

STORM, I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR HELP AND HOPE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ASSIST THOSE WHO DESIRE YOUR EXPERTISE ON THIS MOD. YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO OFFER YOUR SERVICES TO THE SIMS COMMUNITY BUT YOU DID AND MANY OF US THANK YOU!!!!

1 hour ago, TwilightStorm said:

I don't give a shit

Dude, I already understood your attitude :)

And I'm not asking you to give me shit. Keep it for yourself.

I talk to people who are at least trying to help understand the problem. That's not you.

11 minutes ago, lolic99 said:

Dude, I already understood your attitude :)

And I'm not asking you to give me shit. Keep it for yourself.

I talk to people who are at least trying to help understand the problem. That's not you.

Dude, no one knows here what I do, better than me!:cool:

Happy crashing! Until you get tired and leave us.

38 minutes ago, SassyVampireGirl said:

I'm just upset that you tried to convince me it was my graphics card when it was not i even went as far as contacting ea support and geforce did over 25 different troubleshooting steps for over the course of a week and a half even thought something was wrong with my pc when the entire time it was the mod (also tested on 2 other pc same issue), it makes sense because i take it out and my game runs smooth for several hours put your mod back in it crashes it with in 10 minutes, every single time, I'm guessing the people not having the issue are either very lucky or simply haven't updated it yet. I see if i was the only one with the break point error but it's becoming clearer i'm not it's multiple people you even thought i was trolling and as a modder you should try and figure out what's causing it however everyone should be respectful and wait or do what i did and remove it and settle for the graphical xtc or even kinky mod if you prefer (i do not). I agree that we have the option to use it or not at our own risk but if you wish to be a well respected modder in the community you should try learning to accept constructive criticism and understand everyone is just upset a game they love is no longer working and they just want to play it. For some it's not just a game for us, it sucks us from reality, the real world, depression, and other life problems it is a distraction  from all of that for some even it's their life,  again it's optional to use the mod but for some of us it's a must for the realism aspect of the game. And if you are going to give something to the public make sure it works on all  pc not just yours, i understand modding takes great skill and we all appreciate your work, but respectfully something is wrong with this mod, rather you give a shit or not, have a good day. 

I'm not in anyone's computer nor in anyone's game.

I start questions to find out what cause an error.

Is known that this game is old and it can not find the today's G-cards as mush as it's known that the many FPS the game has raise up the GPU temperatures.

At first I wanted to make sure that the game does not report that your texture is 32MB <OVERRIDE> as it does for unknown graphic cards.

I told you to open your DeviceConfig.log to confirm that and you ignore me.

A break point is an exception error for debug. Since Sims 3 calls DasmX86Dll.dll for debug options, some other file cause it.

Your Crash error was saying MSVCR80.dll cause this error. This is a C run-time library. This can be from anything. A driver, an antivirus and others that don't come to my head right now. But I have to start from somewhere.    

But this made you upset!

At the end, I found out that you use the game version 1.69 and you had in your mods folder, core mods of version 1.67 and that was the reason of your issues.

You said your self about your antivirus, that was another reason.

You said your self that now it works and you asked me explanation about the KW and the OKW files that I gave it you.

I also suggested you to use 2 NRaas mods.

After some days, you came back with crashes, when you added some CC and I told you about the texture size of the sims skins.

I think that you got your self a lot of help from me, to came now and tell me how to be a well respected modder.

This is my reason to stop help anyone, from now on and it's called ingratitude

32 minutes ago, Anophilius said:

I've been an admin on many forums - been there, seen that :) lolic99

Well, report then. But first, answer what forum rules I violated. 

Show the point of the rules, which says that you can not ask why the mod crash the game, and how to fix it.

Please :)

32 minutes ago, Anophilius said:

I'm sorry but this is what I call harassment.

Are you sure not an Bethesda employee? :) They also consider bug reporting as a harassment. Their games are not playable without a bunch of unofficial patches and fixes.

I was not following LL for few wees because I just lost my father and these last posts made me very sad.

How people can exigent a mod should work perfectly on every computer. Even official game can crash on some PC. I use Microsoft Access and I have bug on this program. I cannot use a database created with access 16 with an access 13 installed on another computer. Just try to have a look on the follow up given by Microsoft.

Microsoft make money with these programs. Storm does not?

I have sometimes issues with Passion. Sometimes I did something very stupid and this issue vanished. Sometimes it does not despite the Storm’s advises. I just try to look by myself a way to find why it works for the others and not for me.

My rule is very simple. If I am the only one to have an issue, I do not insist. It comes from my installation and try to find a way to solve it by myself.

Storm give a lot of advises to people. He gives a lot of energy and time to improve it. When I read what I read, I have the feeling he could give up.

Courage Storm

17 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

This is my reason to stop help anyone.........

Please continue developing Passion, answer posts only in the sense to bring the mod

forward in a certain way - experience exchange, testing, bug reports of course, or any other help you may need from us.

And that's it..... However, that's the way I would act !

On 4/27/2019 at 12:54 PM, TwilightStorm said:

I think that has to do with sims 3 and not passion.

Do you have a complete labor animation?

As the one you screenshot from S4?

Lets have a talk about it...

Storm, I so hope you are still willing to help me with this project. Unlike some, I appreciate and now understand exactly how much work goes into these projects. I'm sorry that you had to read the comments from the ungrateful few but there are many of us who enjoy and are grateful for what you do. 

Hope to hear from you soon!!!

33 minutes ago, sms2lynn said:

Storm, I so hope you are still willing to help me with this project. Unlike some, I appreciate and now understand exactly how much work goes into these projects. I'm sorry that you had to read the comments from the ungrateful few

I was hoping that the meaningless discussion was over, but something would have to be clarified.

I lost dozens of hours due to crashes before I found the cause - this mod. I did not say a word that he is bad or bugged. I reported that there is a problem of crashes and asked how it can be solved. And yes, the most arrogant and disrespectful request - "I hope that the author of the mod will pay attention to the problem".  In response, I received some rough speech about shit and a proposal to solve the problem myself.
You can kiss the author below the back, it's your fun, but do not call ungrateful those who have nothing to be grateful for, ok?

1 hour ago, lolic99 said:

I was hoping that the meaningless discussion was over, but something would have to be clarified.

I lost dozens of hours due to crashes before I found the cause - this mod. I did not say a word that he is bad or bugged. I reported that there is a problem of crashes and asked how it can be solved. And yes, the most arrogant and disrespectful request - "I hope that the author of the mod will pay attention to the problem".  In response, I received some rough speech about shit and a proposal to solve the problem myself.
You can kiss the author below the back, it's your fun, but do not call ungrateful those who have nothing to be grateful for, ok?

If the phrase "ungrateful" did not apply to you then you would not feel the need to reply to my comment. I will not accommodate your need for attention by continuing this.....My comments were directed to Storm and only Storm. Unless that is your name or you are one of the ungrateful people that I referenced then I'm not talking about or to you..

happy simming

39 minutes ago, SassyVampireGirl said:

If twilight chooses not to help you guys anymore because we all let him know it doesn't work for us that is his right and choice, goodbye. 

Maybe you wish that but I'm still here!

To end this, I can't help you with your problem.

There is no way to understand it.

If you keep have issues delete passion and choose anything else that is good for you.

Can you stop post the same thing over and over 2 weeks now?

@sms2lynn Yes we can start talk about it. I don't know where you have it as far and what you want me to do with that.

3 minutes ago, sms2lynn said:

I will be happy to send information to you. Thank you so much for your willingness to help. Should I send it here or P.M.?

Here or PM, what ever you choose and try to specify it the best you can, to have less questions.

I'll look at it tomorrow, because I'll go to sleep now.  

Firstly, thank you for keeping the sims 3 alive by continuing to develop this outstanding mod.

I haven't been following the thread for a while, and was surprised and disappointed  to see the rudeness of some of the posters.

Judging by their behavior, these children do not seem old enough to have access to this forum.

The best policy will be for everyone to not acknowledge or interact with such impolite individuals.

Thank you again TwilightStorm, we all love your work.

Update: I seem to have gotten mine to work again. I cleaned my save with Kuree's Save Cleaner and reset everything after removing the TV Channels and Saddle, everything seems to be working well now. I am still not sure where things went wrong, could just be updating to a new verions broke something in the save as Sims 3 is notoriously wonky, but as long as I can play again I'm good. Thanks for the help and info. Sorry for all the drama, I try to stay out of such things.

15 hours ago, SimJMFan said:

I was not following LL for few wees because I just lost my father and these last posts made me very sad.

How people can exigent a mod should work perfectly on every computer. Even official game can crash on some PC. I use Microsoft Access and I have bug on this program. I cannot use a database created with access 16 with an access 13 installed on another computer. Just try to have a look on the follow up given by Microsoft.

Microsoft make money with these programs. Storm does not?

I have sometimes issues with Passion. Sometimes I did something very stupid and this issue vanished. Sometimes it does not despite the Storm’s advises. I just try to look by myself a way to find why it works for the others and not for me.

My rule is very simple. If I am the only one to have an issue, I do not insist. It comes from my installation and try to find a way to solve it by myself.

Storm give a lot of advises to people. He gives a lot of energy and time to improve it. When I read what I read, I have the feeling he could give up.

Courage Storm

I'm really sorry for your loss my friend.

I hope that you are well.

You're absolutely right.

It was a mistake of mine to say "No help from me to anyone" because of two-three individuals.

I decided to ignore them (add them in ignore list and i don't see their posts) and I suggest this to each and any of you.   

6 hours ago, MurderPrincess said:

Update: I seem to have gotten mine to work again. I cleaned my save with Kuree's Save Cleaner and reset everything after removing the TV Channels and Saddle, everything seems to be working well now. I am still not sure where things went wrong, could just be updating to a new verions broke something in the save as Sims 3 is notoriously wonky, but as long as I can play again I'm good. Thanks for the help and info. Sorry for all the drama, I try to stay out of such things.

One question, what is the world that you play?

6 hours ago, MurderPrincess said:

I am still not sure where things went wrong, could just be updating to a new verions broke something in the save as Sims 3 is notoriously wonky, but as long as I can play again I'm good

If passion autonomy is >0, there is a possibility that some sims somewhere in town were passioning  during saving the game.

In a new version, something is changed. If this change happens to animation player, issues might happen.

Best thing to do after a mods update is to delete game cache files and reset town with NRaas Master Controller.